PS4-Watch_Dogs

Kazuo Hirai: PlayStation Network Restoration Announcement

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on May 14, 2011 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

491 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 10

+ GhostMatter on May 15th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

Thank you for this personal message. It’s appreciated.

+ IcedViper22 on May 15th, 2011 at 9:35 am said:

I’m am so glad to be back. Patience is a virtue and boy did it pay off this time.

+ macgezzy on May 15th, 2011 at 9:38 am said:

Can we get a free download of anything in he welcomback package

+ WARIAT1FTP on May 15th, 2011 at 9:38 am said:

THANK YOU SONY!!!
THANK YOU Kazuo Hirai!!!

+ kazme on May 15th, 2011 at 9:42 am said:

Mr. Hirai, thanks for the reassuring words. I’m soooooo happy to be back in with my Playstation friends safer, stronger and better than ever!

+ deathcry1992 on May 15th, 2011 at 9:42 am said:

when is the free welcome back package and what will it contain

+ mohowii on May 15th, 2011 at 9:45 am said:

FINALLY IE BEEN WAITING FOR A MONTH!

+ yelinyellow on May 15th, 2011 at 9:46 am said:

when do I get my free games?

+ TallCrowe on May 15th, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

Thanks for the announcement Kaz. I wonder if that was filmed in Tokyo.

+ mrdude311 on May 15th, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

no zthank you, kazuo, zthank you!

+ random_ap on May 15th, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

SUCK IT XBOX!!! they say that microsoft is better because “this would never happen to them” but really this just proves that sony is better because they actually came out of this situation quicker than i expected. if you can come out of a problem like this pretty much unscratched then even though it did happen they were quick to restore their serveces so yes they are pretty much the same console. ive gotta say if there IS a better conslole or better company it is definately sony

+ travious513 on May 15th, 2011 at 9:49 am said:

add travious513

+ Dreditz on May 15th, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

Thanks Sony! Just get the PS Store up ASAP!

+ WlkrTex4sR4nger on May 15th, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

I never lost faith sony! Thank you for bringing it back online

+ jmb78 on May 15th, 2011 at 9:53 am said:

Thank you to all the people that worked so hard to make this happen(NOT THE DBAG HACKERS THOUGH). There are many that did, still, and will support the PS3. I am pretty sure the ones that traded in the PS3 in the past few days are regretting it now, and if they aren’t then oh well.

I am sure that Sony has learned some very valuable lessons throughout all of this, hopefully they will never have to put that knowledge to use first hand!

When the inevitable happens and the XBLA service goes down, I hope that the majority of us take the high road and stay classy. My grandma always taught me to “kill em with kindness”.

+ PIRATAPRO on May 15th, 2011 at 9:54 am said:

Thank s sony finally PSN its back online.

+ coco4455 on May 15th, 2011 at 9:56 am said:

any word on what is gonna be offered as a “gift” for the inconvenience and stress (lol) of not being able to play online ?

+ glockster9mm on May 15th, 2011 at 9:58 am said:

LETS LYNCH THE HACKERS! THANK YOU SONY YOU ARE THE BEST.

+ NotoriousGamer on May 15th, 2011 at 9:59 am said:

To,

Mr. Kazuo Hirai

Hello,

I am very happy you are with Sony. You are the last remaining face of the PlayStation Boss family that gamers recognize. I have some requests to make to you.

1. Please hire great anti-hacker specialists from outside Japan and keep them permanently at Sony to keep PS family and me safe.
2. Canada needs its own PlayStation Blog. The US PlayStation Blog thinks Canada suffered a nuke attack and is now extinct. There is never any competitions or lottery game prizes available for Canada to take part in.
3. The people who post news blogs on the US Blog currently are not very sophisticated or professional. They seem rather average with almost no real info ever.

+ NotoriousGamer on May 15th, 2011 at 10:00 am said:

4. Please buy up some real EXCLUSIVE GAMES (NOT DLC) for PS3. I purchased my PS3 at launch for $700 and $200 warranty and got hit with YLOD outside warranty so another $200 total $1100 on hardware alone. My investment did not pay off so far by far. Exclusive or timed exclusives of GTA5, MGS5, FF15, Tekken 7, COD will make me and a lot of PS3 gamers very happy and satisfied.
5. PS3 XMB needs a News feed even when PSN is down to let users know what is going on and not just display an “error” message all day.

Thanks,

and I hope you read this. Plus, I hope you become Sony’s overall full President and put a PS3 inside every Television in the future!!!!

+ StoneCrusherAR15 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:00 am said:

Finally!!!…Here on the east coast it came on around 3am..Thanks Sony

+ cubern2 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

ok thx man

just glad its back on

+ doxtatordakota on May 15th, 2011 at 10:05 am said:

hey sony i got a solution for next time you dont get hacked work with microsoft ( but microsoft wqouldnt because its it a competetion ) and try to get there help with security i also heard they got hardwire or hard something ( not hard you know what creeps ) and you guys got firewall i dont think firewall is good well i dont know im just talking about stuff idont know so correct me but what does firewall do burn stuff lol well i dont know

+ theathleticstar on May 15th, 2011 at 10:05 am said:

thank you for finally restoring it. i was about to sell my plastion and get the xbox 360
you guys got lucky or i would have been bye

+ doxtatordakota on May 15th, 2011 at 10:07 am said:

its funny how everyone was complaining about psn online gaming up and now everyones like okay now get on ps store are you stupid people you got ur online gaming thats what we really wanted so yeah

+ TexGamer7 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:09 am said:

thank you guys i’m happy we are so close to getting past all this.

P.S. when you catch the hackers do the world a favor and have the trial in china so we know true justice will be served :)

+ AGL29117 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

Thanks sony, get those hackers PSNFTW

+ Uncletazz on May 15th, 2011 at 10:11 am said:

Thank you to the people working for and with Sony to get this up and get it done like it should be… for the comsumers. As we as a world move on into a more technological part of our history, this whole event will be a lesson we all will learn from. I will not participate in any lawsuit against Sony, because they didn’t distrupt my favorite hobby, some “hackers” did. And I dare say that until I am just a memory in a grave somewhere, some one will still be “hacking” things I care about…
Again, just wanted to say “Thank You!” to Sony.

+ kerrel65 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:16 am said:

Thanks Sony for your continous efforts that you put into making this a safer and more secure network. Im ready to beging my online functions again. :)

+ Atheos-Unchained on May 15th, 2011 at 10:18 am said:

No need to apologize, I’m just glad it’s back and safer than ever.

+ OxagenHD on May 15th, 2011 at 10:20 am said:

hey thanks for everthing and when is the store back up? and when i go to change my password it says a server error has occered i want to play on my other account plz fix this thankyou

+ EMONEMO666 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:20 am said:

thanks guys for bring up the psn annd when is the stor going to be ready i want to buy somr games thank u anyonr wants to add me here it is emonemo666

+ cris_1013 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:20 am said:

+ SKRIBE on May 15th, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

WELCOME BACK SONY! DIDN’T DOUBT YOU GUYS FOR ONE SECOND. IT DIDNT TAKE AS LONG AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD TO REBUILD FROM SCRATCH

+ gameplayer1214 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:24 am said:

Thanks Kazou. It totally wasnt urs or sonys fault it was those playstation haters that did it. Thanks (:

+ alexgc55 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:24 am said:

Thanks Sony…proud to be patient, I am sure that this will only solidify the network’s strength and Sony’s service.

+ kg103000 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:26 am said:

Just wanted to say thanks for getting us back on line and lets game like no tomarow !!!!!!!

+ C-LOSKIANATOR101 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:28 am said:

when will the PlayStation store be back up and running. good job sony

+ Sp4nkis4urus on May 15th, 2011 at 10:30 am said:

oops sorry for the swears… :(

+ tnraider on May 15th, 2011 at 10:30 am said:

I apprieciate all the work you all have done!

+ warmachine44 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:33 am said:

Just broke out PS3 Rehab. Know I am good to go. Time to feed my addiction.

+ Sponge-worthy on May 15th, 2011 at 10:36 am said:

Would have been a perfect public announcement had Hirai also announced his resignation…

+ NITROUS2 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:37 am said:

This has been a very hard process for you sony and for the SOE. I would like to Thank sony for their hard work and effort to bring services back up and running as soon as they could. Through this long process, many sold their playstation 3 due to this intrusion and process of this security breach. I would like to say that bringing back your customers sony by providing free content is a great idea! Like the “Welcome Back” plan, thats great but many customers aren’t asking for more but they are asking for your trust. And i think doing that will gain your trust. But also, by having more “new” features to the system like the ideas many people have or other things will bring the customers back and create more customers. With new features to “not only” to the system but to other products will make and would help your company so much that it would create a new “face” for sony. I and many other customers appreciate the hard work as i said. Keep up the great work and try to make a new face for sony and for your customers.

Sincerely,

Many Customers.

+ Decptuhkon on May 15th, 2011 at 10:37 am said:

Thanks Sony Worth The Wait

+ uninspiredgamer on May 15th, 2011 at 10:39 am said:

My dad says that Sony was supposed to send an e-mail about the credit card bit. I didn’t get that, is there any update on that?

+ FrozZerrer on May 15th, 2011 at 10:44 am said:

Thanks Sony! Hope it won’t happen again! I’m looking forward for the “Welcome back” pack. A hope it will not be lame and restore the good reputation of Sony.

+ jlgjg4455 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:46 am said:

It about time this is beginning to work . Florida is still down I hope this will be sooner than what it has been . It seem like the security system that they had was very old . In today world with all the hackers Sony should of updated there security long time ago instead of waiting to see if they are hacked. I was just about ready to switch to a different unit because this was getting to be to much and I hope they don’t put the cost of their mistakes on the price of the games because there high enoughs

+ ccok1996 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

der psn we r sore to say that sum of r meders of jkl r reatin cilin so plis do wut u can so palers r owes playing

+ Shane_O on May 15th, 2011 at 10:49 am said:

Thank you very much for the good news Mr. Hirai.

+ DirtyBoord on May 15th, 2011 at 10:50 am said:

Thank you for offering a FREE network to play online games. XBucks Live would’ve cost me over $200 dollars by now. Your still the best and still FREE.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 10