No Man's Sky

Play On – PSN Restoration Begins Now

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on May 14, 2011 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

Thank you for your patience and encouragement over the last few weeks. As covered in the post from earlier today, you can now update the firmware on your PS3 and change your password. Kazuo Hirai just announced that we have begun the phased restoration by region of some of the services, starting with online multiplayer functionality.

Please note that these services will take a bit of time to be turned on and rolled out to the whole country. The process has begun and some states are being turned on now, so please be patient as we reach your city and state. We’ll be updating the map below as service comes online in individual states. It will take several hours to restore PSN throughout the entire country, so please keep checking back for the latest updates. In the meantime, now’s a great time to get your PS3’s firmware updated, which is required to get online.

PSN-US-Wave-6

Map updated 12:03m Pacific

Notice: If your state is illuminated but your service has not yet been restored, please be patient – it can take a little while for the servers to populate fully.

Until we get the comments functioning correctly, we’re putting all comments on hold. I’m sure Jitender would appreciate not having people put words in his mouth ^_^

In the meantime, we’ll keep updating the map, and those of you already back online – enjoy some games!

4,477 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 90

+ KMA_Jackson on May 15th, 2011 at 4:36 am said:

And on the 24 day, Kevin Butler said “Let There Be Playstation Network!”

Thanks Sony!!! This has been a long time coming, but you are looking at one happy life-long Playstation customer!

+ Jacob_Allen_1987 on May 15th, 2011 at 4:37 am said:

Yay I’m on the blog

+ dayvhide on May 15th, 2011 at 4:37 am said:

Wow now all comments are now positive. Its funny like that.

+ TEUFEL_937 on May 15th, 2011 at 4:38 am said:

I couldn’t comment during the outtage ):

+ xxRykanatorxx on May 15th, 2011 at 4:38 am said:

Finally i just cant wait to use my headset again and pLAY MODERN WARFARE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ shellsniper1000 on May 15th, 2011 at 4:38 am said:

THANKS YOU

+ xxRykanatorxx on May 15th, 2011 at 4:39 am said:

if u play modern warfare 2 add xxrykanatorxx

+ etririo_ on May 15th, 2011 at 4:39 am said:

at last!!! OMG SO LONG!!

+ dayvhide on May 15th, 2011 at 4:39 am said:

@HawnKeez I am glad your still checking up on the PSblog.

+ beardsplitter on May 15th, 2011 at 4:40 am said:

Thanks sony, the wait was well worth it, SHOOT FIRST –THEN TAKE AIM – LOL!

+ xxRykanatorxx on May 15th, 2011 at 4:41 am said:

do u play modern warfare 2 ???

+ ttitanb on May 15th, 2011 at 4:42 am said:

Thank You Sony, You have not disappointed.

+ lexylee on May 15th, 2011 at 4:42 am said:

@TEUFEL_937 Me either :/

+ BlindMango on May 15th, 2011 at 4:42 am said:

All green! It’s nice to be back online and even though it wasn’t the most speedy process in the world you guys did good! Just make sure that this doesn’t happen again! lol

See you guys online!

+ Crazyshot9945 on May 15th, 2011 at 4:43 am said:

Thanks and sorry but it took you long enough!

+ BJtheLegend on May 15th, 2011 at 4:43 am said:

commenting system is back up!!!

+ BogHawk on May 15th, 2011 at 4:44 am said:

Lmfao Hawnkeez Didn’t you read the post that Sony put on the right stating Don’t be a jerk? And if your going to call me out on something Sony has every right to go after whoever they want that is deemed a threat to there company…I don’t know what world you live in but i have logged on just fine and if you really think your identity was stolen you are a sad sad little boy if they had stolen all your info you wouldnt have been able to log in reguardless of the outage so yes you can thank sony for saving your account and one last thing believe it or not there are people that are loyal to companies just because your not a loyal Sony consumer doesn’t mean you need to bring your sorry attitude in here and ruin everyone elses thunder that are on here thanking sony for doing what they have done and accomplished.

+ iKingAces on May 15th, 2011 at 4:44 am said:

@ 2.

Really, guy? O_O Did we really need fanboyism? No. Playstation Network is up, be happy with that, quit caring about what an Xbox is all about, go play online or something. Some of you fanboys give us legit console gamers a bad name. If you don’t like a console, guess what? No one really cares, if you like them both? NO one cares. They make these consoles to play and enjoy, and I enjoy both of mine. [360 and PS3]

Oh, and thank you Sony. I got to sync all my trophies while not losing a single one. Thank you for putting PSN before it became a month. Now I just can’t wait for the store to come up, but I got patience for that. Time to go play Halo: Reach or Killzone 3.

+ thegnomeishere on May 15th, 2011 at 4:44 am said:

Thank you Sony and everyone who was working around the clock through this crisis. You never had to “earn back” my trust. I know your a great company and I’ll always be a fan, even through the tough times like this.

+ antimatter98 on May 15th, 2011 at 4:45 am said:

I knew sony would come through and fix psn as soon as possible. I’ve always stuck with the playstation consoles and I will always be with playstation. I have been a playstation customer for about 11 years, since the year 2000.

+ yMrANaM1 on May 15th, 2011 at 4:45 am said:

Thank you sony, not lets all pray the ps Store is up and running before the map pack for black ops comes out!

+ ShadowWolf909 on May 15th, 2011 at 4:45 am said:

SONY your the best i had no doubt in you guys i always trusted you guys good job and i cant wait for more fun with my playstation

+ HawnKeez on May 15th, 2011 at 4:46 am said:

@ #56 “dayvhide”

Like I said, I kept my PS3.. I still have games for my PS3 and I didn’t go out and buy duplicates of games I already have… Why wouldn’t i want to check up on the blog as a consumer?

+ Nazfera2 on May 15th, 2011 at 4:46 am said:

Yo I Received a Message From Anonymous on my ps3.
i Received it and Grief Reported it. They Also Mentioned that they will hit the PSN Again on May 20th.

Hope you guys look in to it AGAIN, Because these Fanatics are not only attacking sony they are attacking me and its starting to get personal.

So tell your boss about the message.

Thank you.

+ iKingAces on May 15th, 2011 at 4:46 am said:

@63

-shakes my head- Fanboys. -rolls eyes-

Again, thank you, Sony.

+ zoneyhit on May 15th, 2011 at 4:47 am said:

yeeeaaahhh boiii!! anyone up for kz3 clan tournaments? im down!!

+ rphkilla on May 15th, 2011 at 4:47 am said:

Add Rphkilla!!!! Xbox Fanboys GTFO This Page. Why switch to xbox? its crap we rock only thing they got is halo and gears. GOOD JOB SONY YOU SAVED US ALL

+ swaggyboy on May 15th, 2011 at 4:47 am said:

THXX SONY Been a customer since Psone and I ain’t going anywhere happy you beefed up the Network !!
Catch you all Online !!!!

+ Somalia99 on May 15th, 2011 at 4:48 am said:

Kaz Is A Legend!

+ Death_Shadow448 on May 15th, 2011 at 4:49 am said:

Thank you sony! (: But wow i live in illinois and started playing at about 2:30AM and i only saw 33.8k players online =\ and its 6:48 now :O….

+ Nismoleb89 on May 15th, 2011 at 4:49 am said:

Mr. Patrick please help me here, when is the store going live? i would like to join PS Plus..

+ normancay on May 15th, 2011 at 4:50 am said:

I have wanted to leave comments since this began but since I wasn’t logged in when it shutdown I couldn’t.

I am still upset.

Why not have Kevin Butler CEO of awesomeness make a PR blitz? It would be much more entertaining, than this stuff.

Where is Kevin Butler! The only CEO at Sony I trust. Increase the budget of the awesomeness department.

+ smokieGameTime on May 15th, 2011 at 4:50 am said:

dammit i need to change my other accounts passwords and it wont let me it says something stupid anyway thanks for bring psn back online its about damm time wholey cow man

+ swaggyboy on May 15th, 2011 at 4:50 am said:

@Death_Shadow
not everyone is back online….America yea but not like Europe and Japan…

+ smokieGameTime on May 15th, 2011 at 4:51 am said:

skynet is online!!!

+ Rob3132010 on May 15th, 2011 at 4:51 am said:

I been waiting WEEKS to say this, but I’m glad you took the time to rebuild it. But I also wanna know when the store will be fully functional.

+ TEUFEL_937 on May 15th, 2011 at 4:51 am said:

@BogHawk +1 lawls

+ wanted501 on May 15th, 2011 at 4:51 am said:

Thanks for putting new england up first. Good job sony

+ HawnKeez on May 15th, 2011 at 4:52 am said:

@BogHawk… You are obviously not very bright kid… Just because I can log on that means the hackers don’t have my info? rrrrright… that just means they can’t access my PSN account.. How can you not understand that the hackers took all of our personal info? once that was gone Sony can’t magically wave a wand and get it back. Names, Addresses, Emails, Credit Card info ect… I’m not at all worried about someone stealing my “playstation identity”… and having an opposite opinion or disagreeing is not being a jerk.. Now continue on with your Sony is so great jolliness…

+ ZeusPoseidonEfim on May 15th, 2011 at 4:52 am said:

hah omg its on !!!!!!!!!!!

+ ManaKnight on May 15th, 2011 at 4:52 am said:

I’m glad to see it back on. Thanks. :D

+ TEUFEL_937 on May 15th, 2011 at 4:53 am said:

@HawnKeez Step 1, Call your bank change your CC information, Step 2 Change your Pin #, Step 3 Change your e-mail passwords, Step 4 Maintain your current credit :D
….that simple bro.

+ normancay on May 15th, 2011 at 4:53 am said:

Where is Kevin Butler! The only CEO at Sony I trust. Increase the budget of the awesomeness department!!!

+ DARKFlRE007 on May 15th, 2011 at 4:53 am said:

my very first post since i got my ps3 last year.

to all those who switched to crapbox? STAY gone.

i would rather live a month without psn than to spend a DAY on crapbox live.

welcome back everyone.

+ shadow3201 on May 15th, 2011 at 4:53 am said:

WOOT it is FINALLY BACK UP :DDDDDDDDDD

+ JK47NT on May 15th, 2011 at 4:54 am said:

Now we just have to wait for the store to be back up. When will that be anyway? I need to download my Fallout: New Vegas DLC, I need the store open by Tuesday!

+ ivann187 on May 15th, 2011 at 4:54 am said:

Hi, Im new to this PSN thing, just bought my PSP-Go last April 25, 2011 and now that PSN is back online, but I cant still log in? It says in the map that my area was restored already. Im in California. Why can’t I log in?

+ TEUFEL_937 on May 15th, 2011 at 4:54 am said:

It’s not like they got everyone’s SS#.. they got e-mails, and addresses, and CC info, take 5 minutes out of your day and have it changed… people nowadays :P

+ abdel332156 on May 15th, 2011 at 4:55 am said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY

+ aimlesstarget on May 15th, 2011 at 4:56 am said:

Great job Sony! Given the situationist and all else you guys handled this incident very very well! Continue the great work!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 90