LittleBigPlanet 3

Play On – PSN Restoration Begins Now

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on May 14, 2011 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

Thank you for your patience and encouragement over the last few weeks. As covered in the post from earlier today, you can now update the firmware on your PS3 and change your password. Kazuo Hirai just announced that we have begun the phased restoration by region of some of the services, starting with online multiplayer functionality.

Please note that these services will take a bit of time to be turned on and rolled out to the whole country. The process has begun and some states are being turned on now, so please be patient as we reach your city and state. We’ll be updating the map below as service comes online in individual states. It will take several hours to restore PSN throughout the entire country, so please keep checking back for the latest updates. In the meantime, now’s a great time to get your PS3’s firmware updated, which is required to get online.

PSN-US-Wave-6

Map updated 12:03m Pacific

Notice: If your state is illuminated but your service has not yet been restored, please be patient – it can take a little while for the servers to populate fully.

Until we get the comments functioning correctly, we’re putting all comments on hold. I’m sure Jitender would appreciate not having people put words in his mouth ^_^

In the meantime, we’ll keep updating the map, and those of you already back online – enjoy some games!

4,477 Comments

PAGE 1 31 32 33 34 35 90

+ VioletVoid on May 15th, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

I’m so happy PSN is finally being restored! Now I’m just waiting for the store to open so I can buy a game, since I brought my PSP right before the system went down.

+ US_MARIN_xD on May 15th, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

Thanks You Sony : ) !!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ ali408 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:48 am said:

we back up in the hood oh yes ps3 is the best

+ jnorris80 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:48 am said:

i just wana say Thank You to Sony for getting it back online as quick as you did. also i wana say SHUT THE F*#@ UP to all you whinny a@# bit*@#s saying you want this and that from playstation because you couldnt play your games online.. why dont you be gratefull fopr what Sony is gonna give us and just be happy with that. if it iisnt good enough for you go buy a X-BOX and pay to play online, personally i love my ps3 and wana say screw microsoft. ty and have a good day

+ Taker653 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:48 am said:

YEAAAHHH THANK YOU SONY!!!!

+ NDubbaYa on May 15th, 2011 at 10:48 am said:

Hey I have a Blog share idea.

Get rid of this arrogance that you have. Start realizing your faults and fixing them instead of just assuming “we teh best everything is a-okay”. Maybe next time I won’t have to spend a couple of days canceling credit cards or changing my passwords.

+ Achengz on May 15th, 2011 at 10:49 am said:

Rejoice! I sincerely hope this doesn’t happen again though.

+ devilsnight51 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:49 am said:

@ woody14527 #1534..i wish i could give u an answer..mine does the same but does allow me to play a couple of games before kicking me off go to this link and look up the specific error code..it may help u..http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Support-Help-Advice/The-PS3-Error-Codes-List/td-p/9425406

+ theonenamedSnake on May 15th, 2011 at 10:49 am said:

Jitender is the real name of Fallout: New Vegas’ The Burned Man

+ BDG420 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:50 am said:

great job sony for getting us back online.

+ fullreco on May 15th, 2011 at 10:50 am said:

thanks sony

+ superninja22 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:50 am said:

#1122

+ tennbounty60 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:50 am said:

thank you sony we love yall and god bless

+ Ice_Cream681 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:50 am said:

thanks for all the updates i was unlucky and didnt have cookies saved :s so im back woot

+ OfDarksomeOrigin on May 15th, 2011 at 10:51 am said:

Thank you so much PSN, through all that you guys still came out okay. Appreciate this crucial update, thanks again!

+ PkA9_XeNoNsHaDoW on May 15th, 2011 at 10:52 am said:

@Icy_Rapture ugh i hope not that would suck but i will just wait and hope i can access it eventually

+ BoRiCuAnPR on May 15th, 2011 at 10:52 am said:

Sony please make a background for the ps3 that says i survived the PSN Outage X-)

+ NinjaBear98 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:52 am said:

THE NIGHTMARE IS OVER!!!!!

I was starting to lose hope that you guys would get it online this week. FINALLY you guys get it online after leaving us in the dark for a little. I was so pissed when it was offline.

+ dylan42 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:53 am said:

psn back up in Belfast

+ TheHardyz on May 15th, 2011 at 10:53 am said:

Thanks Sony….

+ solorioalexander on May 15th, 2011 at 10:53 am said:

about time yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now what about the playstation store ??????

+ trrggf43 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:53 am said:

psn is online for me

+ firehose51 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

find tht hacker

+ Son_of_West1058 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

Finally! I’m just waiting on the store to open up because I want to redeem my MK Kombat Pass. Lastly, didn’t they say they would give us free PS Plus for thirty days? :D

+ akwidelchido1994 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

now i’m playing medal of honor… thanks Sony… %100 loyal

+ Icy_Rapture on May 15th, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

@PkA9_XeNoNsHaDoW

I researched a little more. service error usually means your banned, as my brother had that same thing happen and he was banned.

+ Woody14527 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

Why is the psn timing out when i try to sign in Ive done everything I possibly can except fully restore the ps3 and i cant figure it out.
-3.61 Updates the reboot
-Changed password
-Rebooted Router
-Restored Ps3 to default settings
-Have a working internet connection
-am able to login to psn on pc

If this isnt fixed soon im not going to go to XBOX no no no….Im going to take this ps3 and smash the F out of it and not have any game system. I guess I can just use the games as frisbees w/e sony all i got to say is WTF

+ jamezyplaya019 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

Thanks a million Sony. for those who dont mind adding me, hollerate.

+ Woodywizz on May 15th, 2011 at 10:56 am said:

We are now back online in the UK…..we’ve all been reading your comments all day here but we are now finally online. It’s been a long 24 days………hurrah!

Matt (Manchester, UK)

+ xDCxSaito on May 15th, 2011 at 10:56 am said:

F-I-N-A-L-L-Y!! Thank you Sony for finally bringing online early from your last stated date! :3

+ pfloyd63 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:56 am said:

Alright I can finally watch Netflix AND Hulu. So far so good Sony!

+ Empty2011wpg on May 15th, 2011 at 10:56 am said:

Thank you from Canada, I’ve beat all my single player games during this outage :) Time for some MP!

+ BUGSYJDC on May 15th, 2011 at 10:57 am said:

thank you sony it took a while but well worth the wait PLATSTATION FOREVER!!!!!! ADD MY PSN BUGSYJDC

WHEN IS IT AVAILABLE TO BUY MAP PACKS AND MOVIES AND ALL??

+ Son_of_West1058 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:57 am said:

Also , friend me! PSN STORE COME BACK UUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPP.

+ xDCxSaito on May 15th, 2011 at 10:57 am said:

^pfloyd63 – You could always have watch on Netflix on the PS3. Doesn’t matter now anyways. lol

+ nawty4ya on May 15th, 2011 at 10:57 am said:

Awww… Finally, I’m roll’n with the big boyz again. PSN is alive and kick’n here in Jamaica. Thnx Sony! It is time to… FINISH HIM!! ;)

+ luceroadkilla on May 15th, 2011 at 10:58 am said:

I’m embarrassed by the comments of some users over the past few weeks. Many were unbelievably impatient and clearly couldn’t comprehend the attack on Sony. They displayed complete stupidity as well. So, next time you guys want to leave a comment on here, read the whole message through before posting. That way you don’t ask a question that was just answered. Simply think before you speak. With all that said, Sony handled this terrible situation in the best ways possible. Thank you to everyone at Sony, and I apologize for some people’s idiotic comments.

+ imbetterthanu01 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:58 am said:

Thanks so much Sony for making sure this was protected and Thanks for having it back!!!! Look all the sudden no one is upset anymore. Sony you did not lose that many customers…those that are loyal will always be with you Sony. Can’t wait to see what this Welcome Back package consist of.

+ SHINSPIKES on May 15th, 2011 at 10:58 am said:

Good now the networks. I got the YLOD a month ago. Now fix this other faulty POS that you call a console for me. For free. You guys make outdated, breakable technology, therefore you guys fix it for free.

+ Son_of_West1058 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:58 am said:

BLAHHHHH

+ MMX9 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:58 am said:

1564 i gave a name on page 26

+ Icy_Rapture on May 15th, 2011 at 10:59 am said:

@woody14527

instead of default settings, fix the settings to old settings. just default-old settings again.

+ Fofee801 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:59 am said:

FWEEP!

+ addictingp33ni3 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:59 am said:

tnx 4 getting it back up

+ xMEXICANx85 on May 15th, 2011 at 10:59 am said:

yea mk9 time super mega ultra thanx sony ur the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ lordpwns on May 15th, 2011 at 11:00 am said:

HURRAY now to own in MAG!

+ TaChOtAs_10 on May 15th, 2011 at 11:00 am said:

Hello, I could not find another way to send a letter to you but anyways yesterday when the PSN came back I started to change my passwords right so I logged in and everything so I went to my sub accounts but the only thing is that I can’t log in because i need to go to my account like hotmail.com on a pc and activate my ps3 account right but the the bad thing is that the hotmail is fake I only put what ever to create a new one so what i want from you is to tell me how to activate my accounts because I can’t login on either one of my ps3 and my ps3 so if you please help me on that.

Sincerely
Edgar

Thanks for your support.

+ Son_of_West1058 on May 15th, 2011 at 11:01 am said:

luceroadkilla I agree with u completly. Can someone tell me what’s in the welcome back package

+ Gun_Patrol on May 15th, 2011 at 11:01 am said:

Thank you Sony! I’ve still believed in you. Thank god I didn’t turn to X-Box 360.

+ CJMfNMASKE on May 15th, 2011 at 11:01 am said:

i feel happier than the rock on monday night raw announcing osamas death USA!!!!!!!!! no more wait!!!!!!!! i hyave never played block ops with somone in UK ADD ME

PAGE 1 31 32 33 34 35 90