PS4-Watch_Dogs

Play On – PSN Restoration Begins Now

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on May 14, 2011 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

Thank you for your patience and encouragement over the last few weeks. As covered in the post from earlier today, you can now update the firmware on your PS3 and change your password. Kazuo Hirai just announced that we have begun the phased restoration by region of some of the services, starting with online multiplayer functionality.

Please note that these services will take a bit of time to be turned on and rolled out to the whole country. The process has begun and some states are being turned on now, so please be patient as we reach your city and state. We’ll be updating the map below as service comes online in individual states. It will take several hours to restore PSN throughout the entire country, so please keep checking back for the latest updates. In the meantime, now’s a great time to get your PS3’s firmware updated, which is required to get online.

PSN-US-Wave-6

Map updated 12:03m Pacific

Notice: If your state is illuminated but your service has not yet been restored, please be patient – it can take a little while for the servers to populate fully.

Until we get the comments functioning correctly, we’re putting all comments on hold. I’m sure Jitender would appreciate not having people put words in his mouth ^_^

In the meantime, we’ll keep updating the map, and those of you already back online – enjoy some games!

4,477 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 90

+ NinjaNabs on May 15th, 2011 at 5:12 am said:

HawnKeez please take this fight somewhere else.we dont want immature people fighting over something that is basically over.

+ fAc3b0oKfReAk18 on May 15th, 2011 at 5:13 am said:

Thnx Sony u guys r awesome and s the restoration done in Toronto????
People add me
fAc3b0oKfReAk18

+ ArthurSataine on May 15th, 2011 at 5:13 am said:

For those that have been asking about the Store, I have a hypothesis. I imagine the Store is scheduled to come up at a certain stage. Meaning they will focus entirely on bringing the Network up worldwide, before they move onto stage 2. Although we, the U.S., are where the center of the gaming industry has moved in the last few decades, we are not the entire world. And I’m not even saying the Store is up next. I’m saying chill out and let the river flow man. It’ll be there, no worries. Enjoy the online gaming you’ve been without.

+ BogHawk on May 15th, 2011 at 5:13 am said:

anybody want to play Brink? if so add me

+ ArthurSataine on May 15th, 2011 at 5:15 am said:

Bog, is Brink awesome? I’ve been debating on whether or not to pick it up.

+ NinjaNabs on May 15th, 2011 at 5:15 am said:

ArthurSataine you forgot to mention that canada is up too now .

+ ArthurSataine on May 15th, 2011 at 5:15 am said:

Ninja, I thought that was obvious to those of us following the blog.

+ rjasinski7 on May 15th, 2011 at 5:16 am said:

Do you have any amount of time until the store is up?

+ BogHawk on May 15th, 2011 at 5:17 am said:

game is amazing man plays like halo

+ ArthurSataine on May 15th, 2011 at 5:17 am said:

Look at 144, RJ. ;)

+ cowboyfanva on May 15th, 2011 at 5:17 am said:

Hellz to the mutha effin yea!!!!!

+ userfriendly on May 15th, 2011 at 5:17 am said:

WTG Sony.

+ rakaJD on May 15th, 2011 at 5:18 am said:

Awesome:)). I just wanted to let u sony know tht during the outage I couldnt sign into the blog to comment. Im off at my cousins graduation but I hope Ill get to play soon…
But what about Central and south america, when are they getting psn back??
My best friends live over there lol

+ MadeByMonkeys on May 15th, 2011 at 5:18 am said:

No arthur I didn’t want a free PC copy, I wanted to play coop with my PC gamer friends from a PS3 since I don’t own a gaming PC. I spent $360 on Sony products to do it and got boned. I don’t think it’s an unreasonable complaint.

+ Fawndle on May 15th, 2011 at 5:18 am said:

I am going to register isthesonystoreonline dot com if this isn’t working in the morning and there is no blog or status update either… our credit card details are going into transparent hardware security module encrypted database rows now, right Sony?

Perhaps the PA-DSS compliance testing for the store is going to make the PSN outage look like a cake walk.. ~_~;

+ Sammyto on May 15th, 2011 at 5:18 am said:

@HawnKeez…still whining ….

+ DARKFlRE007 on May 15th, 2011 at 5:19 am said:

i added jitender LOL. he has too many friends LOL.

and who let NIKE participate in intelligent conversations on this site after his “psn is up!!” troll posts in the first two outage days?? someone ANSWER me that??

+ Squall1979 on May 15th, 2011 at 5:19 am said:

Thank you Sony!

+ durrani11 on May 15th, 2011 at 5:19 am said:

THANKS SOOOO MUCH SONY FOR BRINGING BACK PSN!!!!

+ pbuntin68 on May 15th, 2011 at 5:20 am said:

I was able to make and account for my girlfriend but my legitamate account they screwed up there is no way I am starting all over with gt5 so I can play it online I am level 36 a-spec do they know what that toook!!!!!! I never recieved this email I am supposed to get and I tried multiple times and to top it off there is no way to keep my game save under another account. AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG

+ br4957 on May 15th, 2011 at 5:20 am said:

I love sony you guys are the best. I will continue to buy sony products. I know you guys did not wish this apon urself but you guys handled it very maturely. When i saw the update came out i thought to myself ” somethong good is gonna happen”. Thank you sony!

+ TEUFEL_937 on May 15th, 2011 at 5:21 am said:

@Sammyto +1 lol

+ ArthurSataine on May 15th, 2011 at 5:21 am said:

MadeByMonkeys If memory serves correctly, you CAN’T play with PC players on the PS3. I’ll do some research on this, but I’m pretty sure that is the way it is.

+ Zeer0id on May 15th, 2011 at 5:21 am said:

SO HAPPPPYYYYYY

+ NICE41 on May 15th, 2011 at 5:22 am said:

Thanks sony for all the hard work these last 3 weeks! It’s a tough situation to go through and even more frustarting for the consumer but with the welcome back program which is soon to be announced and the year of ID theft I feel that you have treated the customer right. Everybody makes mistakes and maybe your network wasn’t as secure as it should have been but I still remember that first day in college when I brought home my Playstation and my dormmates and I had so much fun! I have been gaming on the Playstation platforms ever since that day and will continue to do so. Thanks again!

P.S. Please post info more regularly about the rest of the functionality of the PSN and PS Store and when it will be back along with the welcome back program, the last 4 days were tough when you are just hoping for info and we got nothing!

+ TEUFEL_937 on May 15th, 2011 at 5:22 am said:

@ArthurSataine You can with Portal 2 :D

+ Klokateer1986 on May 15th, 2011 at 5:24 am said:

Played Bad Company 2 until the sun came up… thanks for delivering Sony, your hard work and dedication to your customers is MUCH appreciated!

+ ArthurSataine on May 15th, 2011 at 5:25 am said:

MadeByMonkeys Alright, apparently it does allow for cross platform play. For that, I apologize for my prior statement. However, I still stand by you having nothing at risk and never having experienced the PSN in the first place. In essence, time froze for you. Although we both know it really did not. From a business standpoint, I would not grant you anything. Besides, who cares if they beat it? Do you guys actually pay $30-$60 per game just to play it through once? Portal 2 is fun as hell. I’m sure they won’t mind playing through with you.

+ UpTownDC65 on May 15th, 2011 at 5:25 am said:

I got my PS3 as a gift from my old lady about 2 years ago. I’ve played it some over that time but mostly I have been on my 360. I purchased SOCOM 4 about two days before the outage. I must say I have truly enjoyed the PS3. I will continue to utilize both consoles from here on out and I might even purchase PS+. PS3 or 360?? I don’t even care I just enjoy gaming.

+ jackanda on May 15th, 2011 at 5:25 am said:

thanks sony! when is the psn back i need to put ma motorstorm voucher thing in! :P

+ Slo_Mo_SLU on May 15th, 2011 at 5:26 am said:

Great work Sony. This is a disaster but ti’s being well handled. Couldn’t comment earlier as I was too busy being irritated by GLaDOS. Work Hard Play Harder Gamers!!!!!! Again Thanks Sony.

+ jackanda on May 15th, 2011 at 5:26 am said:

i ment psn store

+ Tank_Baked on May 15th, 2011 at 5:26 am said:

Thank god this is over with .

+ the_pwnmonster on May 15th, 2011 at 5:26 am said:

FINALLY! I can get my portal 2 on my PC!

+ gtboyshiv on May 15th, 2011 at 5:26 am said:

Thank You Sony!!! EVery thing is working great again but when is playstaion store coming back on ?

+ I3rand0 on May 15th, 2011 at 5:27 am said:

Jitender approves.

+ poloq on May 15th, 2011 at 5:27 am said:

Thanks Sony you guys are the best , im from puerto rico And we are Back online again yesss thanks again Sony for making it hapen.

+ GRITZ521 on May 15th, 2011 at 5:27 am said:

All u xbox swicthers mad now go ps3!!!!

+ jay_spence on May 15th, 2011 at 5:28 am said:

Seems like my patience has begun to pay off. Just waiting to be able to use the Playstation Store…Any idea what freebies they gonna give to those who waited this ordeal out?lol

+ cam8059 on May 15th, 2011 at 5:28 am said:

Could someone please help with this:

I live in Tennessee and I’ve downloaded the update and when I hit sign in it made me change my password. So i did. Then I tried to sign in and it just will not sign in. It keeps saying ” signing in please wait” “if it is taking a long time to sign in, check your network connection.” I was patient and waited about 30 minutes and it still isn’t finished. So i turned off the ps3 and tried again, sane thing happens” So i did a internet test (under network settings) and it found said everything was available until it got to PSN then it said FAILED.

Any ideas on what to do??????

+ l305137 on May 15th, 2011 at 5:29 am said:

Thanks so much Sony….. Now i feel like i can play without worry of someone would steal my account.. thank you i really appreciate it…. Just waiting for the Playstation(R) Store but It’s alright at least we can play online…. Thanks so much i keep going take your time.

+ Black_Dhampiresa on May 15th, 2011 at 5:29 am said:

Thank you Sony! great thing to wake up to on a sunday morning. :)

+ Lethal_Visionz on May 15th, 2011 at 5:29 am said:

Feels so good to be back…

*plays Diddy-Coming Home

+ Plouffe514 on May 15th, 2011 at 5:30 am said:

time to go kill some noobs on cod…and thanks sony you guys are still the best

+ BiezulbubBill69 on May 15th, 2011 at 5:30 am said:

This is AMAZING news Sony! I hope you guys fixed your servers to the point where NOBODY can break in!!!

+ NinjaNabs on May 15th, 2011 at 5:30 am said:

boghawk is brink a fast pace gameplay like black ops?

+ xXBane_LeGeNdx on May 15th, 2011 at 5:30 am said:

I had to make a new profile cuz my other two accounts wont activate, it says they sent an email but i checked the inbox and junk mail and nothin was found. and i created both of those accounts on the ps3 on which i own at this current moment. I just barely tried again and it said server error. please help me somebody?

+ Lugoves on May 15th, 2011 at 5:30 am said:

Woot! Thanks for a speedy overnight across America Phase in! I feel safer already! lol Can’t wait to support the store … I need some Stuff!

+ CrazyDustyH on May 15th, 2011 at 5:31 am said:

Sony!!!!!! I have to admit you really p***ed me off when it took y’all 4-5 weeks to get the system back up but now I praise you and everything that you have done. I own most of your systems and I love how all of them work. But……. You seriously need new PR guys cause the PR sucked during this outage it took 4 days for them to even get back to us and then they tell us its coming up. But anyways thank you Sony for a job well done.

Currently Own: PS3 Slim 120 GB 2009 Model (Mainly Play Black Ops)
PSP Slim
PS2 (Don’t really use it much)
PSone (Really do not use it at all its became a dust magnet)

+ xXBane_LeGeNdx on May 15th, 2011 at 5:31 am said:

and anybody interested in some competition on Modern Warfare 2 add this account.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 90