PS4-Watch_Dogs

Play On – PSN Restoration Begins Now

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on May 14, 2011 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

Thank you for your patience and encouragement over the last few weeks. As covered in the post from earlier today, you can now update the firmware on your PS3 and change your password. Kazuo Hirai just announced that we have begun the phased restoration by region of some of the services, starting with online multiplayer functionality.

Please note that these services will take a bit of time to be turned on and rolled out to the whole country. The process has begun and some states are being turned on now, so please be patient as we reach your city and state. We’ll be updating the map below as service comes online in individual states. It will take several hours to restore PSN throughout the entire country, so please keep checking back for the latest updates. In the meantime, now’s a great time to get your PS3’s firmware updated, which is required to get online.

PSN-US-Wave-6

Map updated 12:03m Pacific

Until we get the comments functioning correctly, we’re putting all comments on hold. I’m sure Jitender would appreciate not having people put words in his mouth ^_^

In the meantime, we’ll keep updating the map, and those of you already back online – enjoy some games!

4,477 Comments

PAGE 1 87 88 89 90

+ KDL_85 on May 24th, 2011 at 2:20 am said:

IS IT OPEN YET SONY!!!!!!!! LET’S GO!!!!!! FREE GAMES!!!!! NOW!!!!!! OPEN IT!!!!!!!!GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! $%#@$%@$@#!!!!!!LET’S ROCK THIS BIT$CH

+ mikekatebezzy21 on May 24th, 2011 at 2:25 am said:

ive been waiting for this…wow!!!sony, you made it!!!your still the best in all the rest!!!lets be safe always!!!

+ frozensleep on May 24th, 2011 at 2:57 am said:

will all my previous downloads still be there? the store is still not open for me, hurry pleeeeeaaaaase?! the suspence is killing me!

+ johnnygigs on May 24th, 2011 at 3:25 am said:

C’mon we waited all month when will NY be open

+ demonjames86 on May 24th, 2011 at 5:11 am said:

sony hung up on me when i called for help but i love sony …..when is the ps store gonna be back up online i thought it was to day …..come on sony let’s go

+ Kaelio on May 24th, 2011 at 5:47 am said:

I didn’t even know the PS Store updated on Tuesdays, but suddenly I was reading everywhere about how many Tuesday updates they missed and how they won’t miss any more, so I waited all week and hoped it would be back up by today… maybe not. It’s not like these comments are gonna make it happen but it’s giving me something to do while I wait. XD

+ Knowledge1228187 on May 24th, 2011 at 6:40 am said:

PSN is still in working progress??? I still can’t redeem my code to play online from P Store this sucks I wish I could track who started this -_-. its 5/24/11 and I’m still waiting to play..not cool. as a back up why not allow players to reedeem on there computer as well that why when things like this happen we don’t have to wait so long you see this post sony?? 3rd time I’ve talked about it make console and computer registration one we are still the same players it’s just more access the way I see it register on my pc or p3 the thought releives so much stress you know….M.D.J.Knowledge

+ juniiitZ on May 24th, 2011 at 6:52 am said:

Notice: If your state is illuminated but your service has not yet been restored, please be patient – it can take a little while for the servers to populate fully. <——- i really can't tell the difference between the illuminated and non-illuminated ones. -_-

+ FireDog42 on May 24th, 2011 at 7:09 am said:

funny. viewing this on PC. the map didnt change since this blog was posted but viewing this on moblie devices. the map is differnt

+ FutileFlame on May 24th, 2011 at 7:22 am said:

Hope the PS Store is up today.

+ VulgarSin on May 24th, 2011 at 7:27 am said:

PSN Scheduled Network Maintenance- Tuesday 24th May 16.00PM – 00.00PM GMT
Converted time 12:00pm-8:00pm Est

You can go to the below link to view more on this

Hopefully the playstation store will be back up and running (fingers crossed)

+ FireDog42 on May 24th, 2011 at 7:28 am said:

@4410 me too. they said it will be up Today. but they did not say at what time it will be up. so all we can do is wait

+ bravefan1983 on May 24th, 2011 at 7:43 am said:

The blog posted today here that the store won’t be back up today

+ yusougly on May 24th, 2011 at 3:52 pm said:

this is taking too long c’mon sony jus tell us striaght up when the store will be ready

+ knuckleschaotix1 on May 24th, 2011 at 5:44 pm said:

Why is it not working?!?

+ jlight30 on May 24th, 2011 at 6:42 pm said:

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! time for gaming thanks SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ lightninkidgreen on May 24th, 2011 at 9:23 pm said:

ya im never going to give up on you sony you are always my number one choice. plus ur the better system out of 360 and wii. i dont know why 360 users are always hating you maybe its out of jealousy but its probably because they just dont know how great you are.

+ Unexpaix on May 24th, 2011 at 10:50 pm said:

What the [DELETED] is the deal with the Playstation Store???? I’m fed up with this, the only reason I even gave a [DELETED] about the network going down was because I couldn’t BUY one of YOUR PRODUCTS!

At this point I’m not sure I even care about the 2 games who’s demos left me wanting more, I was very patient through the whole process but now that most of your online gaming addicts are satiated it seems like Sony is slacking off BIG TIME on keeping users updated about what still ISNT working.

I understand quite fully that I’m that minority of people still unsatisfied but I don’t see why no posts have been made in about a week and a half on how they are going to start running things at 100% again. I’m an easy going person but it’s been over a month since what I originally even wanted has been out of reach and now my patience is running thin

Post SOMETHING, ANYTHING, even a vague estimation. At least then I’ll know not to bother checking till that time line has past

+ redgeorgio on May 24th, 2011 at 10:54 pm said:

c`mon i want infamous!!!!!!!!!!!

+ timmy2techs on May 25th, 2011 at 12:50 am said:

THEY’RE MY DOWNLOADS ! AND I WANT’EM NOW !!!!

+ powdrrr on May 25th, 2011 at 3:41 am said:

hmmm…

+ alex_the_gun_nut on May 25th, 2011 at 8:04 am said:

Just send me the e-mail sony, of when the store will be back up. better yet, message it to me on PS3 and I will tell everyone the ETA to the store opening up! :)

+ dip_kills_all on May 25th, 2011 at 8:32 am said:

I want the store already!!!!!

+ dkkauffmanjr on May 25th, 2011 at 9:42 am said:

Thank god I own an xbox, that way I have something to play while sony is down

+ brain2502 on May 25th, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

noobs!!!! how about f’ing store? lame sony u guys are lame !!!! xbox rocks yeah is not free but it works!!! and it works way better than sony psn

+ Ghosheh on May 25th, 2011 at 11:30 am said:

good work and thank you
what about the middle east?
last countries? LOL

+ luis_mtza on May 25th, 2011 at 11:52 am said:

Dear Sony,
First of all I’d like to thank u for fixing the PSN issue. I can now play online games.
Second… what about PlayStation Store? It’s been a while and we haven’t heard from you concerning this problem, not even a posible time line when the PS store will be up and ready… that is NOT COOL.
Anyways… keep working hard, I now you do… but PLEASE!!!…. do not forget loyal customers like us… we really need to hear good news…. we deserve it!!
Thanks in advance

+ Ghosheh on May 25th, 2011 at 12:53 pm said:

i was talking about the PS Store!
online gaming is fine thank you

+ clay0706 on May 25th, 2011 at 1:42 pm said:

I want the store to be up!!!

+ Ramms on May 25th, 2011 at 2:38 pm said:

awww Chicago isn’t lit yet =<

+ Fawndle on May 25th, 2011 at 2:43 pm said:

isthesonystoreonline.com ? NO. :(

+ SNAKE-EYES73 on May 25th, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

Store when will that be up and running? Qriocity Music Unlimited is working prefect! But what about the rest of the PlayStation network Sony? You know the Store? Please tell us on http://www.us.playstationblog.com! Thank!

+ CAMPIN_KILLER68 on May 25th, 2011 at 4:09 pm said:

ok awesome ps3 is workn but when will we get psn plus or th ability to download the free game and all the outher stuff?

+ disabledvet1974 on May 25th, 2011 at 4:11 pm said:

Everyone needs to just chill, it is still in the process of being investigated. Look what they are offering to give us just for being loyal players. They didn’t have to do that. It is amazing that they are taking care of us. That just proves how much they care about their customers, come on everyone, give them a break and sit back and enjoy some online gaming. Add me if you want to play black ops online. My screen name is pbrady3.

+ freakiegoober on May 25th, 2011 at 5:10 pm said:

Thank you for correcting this miss hap. i have full faith that it wont happen again. with that being said, after this all happened, my playstation 3 started to freeze for no reason. is it because of the software updates? ether way I figured I would need reformat my hardrive. is there a way that i would be able to get some of the games that i lost back before the Playstation store is back online? and are my purchases still going to be honored like they where before the network compromise?

FG

+ lilsnood on May 25th, 2011 at 5:12 pm said:

Thank u Sony for putting psn back on. Also when r we gonna get psn store back.

+ ceLLCUbe0618 on May 25th, 2011 at 5:13 pm said:

Loyalty? Is that what you all are fighting about? One year the Xbox 360′s weren’t functioning properly. Microsoft, being cheap and looking for quick $, sold them around the WORLD. That’s and outrage, selling a malfunctioning product. Sony was releasing the PS3 and PSP that same year for the first time. The PS3 also had problems, and Sony decided to FIX the problems. Sony is still a good corporation. I don’t see why people are complaining about PSN being down when Xbox Live was down a couple years back from a hacker. So thankyou sony for all of your hard work in restoring PSN and doing your best to keep the creditcard information. Commentor #43, 45, & 46: Sony built a reliable network; they use the same type that banks, stores, and e-tailers such as eBay use. If you trust those companies, you should trust Sony too; a hack can happen to any company. Selling malfunctioning products is just wrong.

+ lilsnood on May 25th, 2011 at 5:16 pm said:

U should give us the new black ops map packs since we wated so long. If u can’t Thats fine but I am just sayin hahah

+ FunnyD123 on May 25th, 2011 at 5:20 pm said:

@4437 Yo’ I can’t wait for the store and what you just said is right any company can be hacked. I love Sony, I mean “FREE” online as repeated by lots of loyal fans, and IDC what any 360 fanboy say I’m staying weither they like it or not. Lol free Infamous and Little Big Planet awesome deal, and even if they are old people still play them, thanks Sony.

+ zachary0543 on May 25th, 2011 at 5:43 pm said:

Been a long wait but for sony its totally wroth it

+ SpyroDragon121 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:42 pm said:

COME ON GIVE US THE COMPENSATION AND PS STORE ALREADY

+ gibby357 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:49 pm said:

Not cool how they are ignoring us like this! They could at least post something!

+ Ramms on May 25th, 2011 at 6:59 pm said:

Comments: Open to everyone, but don’t be a jerk.
got that right XP

+ shaval on May 26th, 2011 at 7:08 am said:

Store not open yet. This is just not right. And Sony is just ignoring us. Its been more than a month [DELETED]!! I love the [DELETED] that shot back at me: The store opens on the 24th it’s all over the Internet so stop asking.

Too bad I don’t remember your name where are you now. Sony played you for a fool you [DELETED] just like the rest of the 75 million costumers all over the world. This is [DELETED]. Thank you Sony, thank you very much.

+ Daabears17 on May 26th, 2011 at 10:02 am said:

Does anyone know when and how to get the 2 free games that playstation is offering as a customer appreciation for the network hacking?

+ Quief on May 26th, 2011 at 1:42 pm said:

I’ve been very patient. I will continue to be patient because I have no other choice. Thank you Sony for all you have done thus far to rectify (rectum, damn near killed em) the issues. But…….Can we please at least get an update about the store? Updates help my patience.

+ Quief on May 26th, 2011 at 1:45 pm said:

Why bother. No one is going to read these comments anyway.

+ tn122 on May 26th, 2011 at 3:42 pm said:

looking forward to store reopening.

+ KObringer561 on May 26th, 2011 at 5:24 pm said:

I agree with comment #2… all of us are the LOYAL customer. Nao I feel special :D

+ CurtisGBossman on May 26th, 2011 at 7:03 pm said:

im glad that this network is running again but when will the playstation store be available in Canada again?

PAGE 1 87 88 89 90