God of War

May 14

May 14

PS3 System Software Update

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by SVP, PlayStation Network

We have been working on a new PS3 system software update that requires all PSN users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored. The update (v3.61) is mandatory and is available now.

If using a PS3, your password can only be changed on your own PS3 (or a PS3 on which your PSN account was activated), as an added layer of security. If you have never downloaded any content using your account on the system, an email will be sent to the registered sign-in ID (email address) associated with your account when you first attempt to sign-in to PSN. This e-mail will contain a link that will enable you to change your password. In this email, click on the link and follow the instructions to change your password. Once you have changed your password you can sign-in to your account using your new password.

We strongly recommend that all PSN account holders with PS3s update their systems to prepare for when PlayStation Network is back online. The release of this update is a critical step as we work to make PlayStation Network significantly more secure. Thank you for your continued support and patience.

Add Your Own

moussy4444 said:

May 15th, 3:19 pm

it is cooool that is back on ^_^ im so happy

Pogre said:

May 15th, 3:20 pm

Oh wow. PSN was down? How long was it down?

Skrhomie said:

May 15th, 3:28 pm

omg… thanks guys love plying …. thank you again.

darkar63 said:

May 15th, 3:33 pm

my system is down again! code:80710092

GreatREDEMPTION said:

May 15th, 3:34 pm

Whenever I try to sign in it says I have to install the update and I click “Yes” then it says I already have to update and that there is no need to update. I can’t sign in at all… any advice?

darkar63 said:

May 15th, 4:11 pm

GreatTedemption, have you changed your password?

at_4Dolfin said:

May 15th, 4:12 pm

So I changed my password, signed in, did the update. Guess what! All my purchased games either don’t work or have reverted back to demo mode. All my in-game purchases are gone. How do I fix this?

moussy4444 said:

May 15th, 4:17 pm

my 2 is down aggain code: 80710092

Sniped_By_Ur_Mom said:

May 15th, 4:23 pm

I got kicked from a game and it told me that someone else logged on using my username. WTF???

XX_4C1d_DR0pZ_XX said:

May 15th, 4:30 pm

HOW CAN I REDEEM CODE FOR HOMEFRONT IF I KEEP GETING A ERROR CODE? (80710D36)

jayson_2778 said:

May 15th, 5:11 pm

great job sony but i hope playstion network will be up soon what going on?

dwchew33 said:

May 15th, 5:11 pm

Think the system still has glitches. I played 3 rounds of COD and then turned the system off. When I came back and tried to sign in it said that PSN was still down. I kept trying to log it until finally it let me sign in. Now I’m online and everything is ok. Dont think that PSN will be running smoothly anytime soon.

Cranky97 said:

May 15th, 5:14 pm

even though PSN is back it still feels like its still broken like we can play online which is good but its just not the same without the playstation store

jose213jose said:

May 15th, 5:17 pm

true

Adelflame said:

May 15th, 5:55 pm

cant sign it now, wth is going on sony?

spike_was-here said:

May 15th, 7:38 pm

wtf i didnt even noticed when they shut it down i was playing online thats weird???

datboiplaymade said:

May 15th, 7:58 pm

glad its back up..but im getting killed playn because of the lagging and i know my connection good so can we get that fixed?

raikiri-blade said:

May 15th, 8:28 pm

when i turned my ps3 on it said it needs a system update i freaked out i started running everywhere i got so happy den i saw psn store aint on i stopped bein happy and turned of my ps3 and went 2 sleep

JEC94 said:

May 15th, 8:54 pm

@judalation ok Sayonara we wont miss you and good luck with the new nintendo toy

alanaxeman said:

May 15th, 9:21 pm

At last !! now i hear there is new friewalls and services and system,will it stop the cheaters like on socom that made online games like that suck when thay are grate games?? I waited like a trooper for PSN to come back up and have been a PS gamer from the PS1 and a GAP member so what will this change??Will are online games be better and safe from cheaters as well??it would seem thats where this all comes from hackers and cheaters.

mattcm110 said:

May 15th, 9:23 pm

i am happy that psn is up but sometimes when i turn my ps3 off then back on it gives me the error code and says that their undergoing maintenance

squirl99 said:

May 15th, 9:48 pm

im done sony its still lagy. im going back to my proxy server with my friends. this is what i was useing during the outage/hack and it worked great. the reason im doing this is because your server cant handle this many users. neither can mine but im not a multi billion dollar company. mine can suport about 40 users. which is fine for me. i understand that alot of people are trying to log in to the psn and thats whats slowing it down but it needs to be desighned better. i will come back for the dlc. when i need it. I will be back when the psn can handle all of your users.

patlabor4eva said:

May 15th, 9:55 pm

Any one could get off the loop of 3.56 FW????????

squirl99 said:

May 15th, 9:57 pm

socom really has nothing to do with the psn. other than the fact its powered by them. the only way things like that will be stop cheating that is. is if the maker of socom are monitoring it. i think the desighner is zipper. im not sure but there the ones that control things like that.

digmacdiggydoo said:

May 15th, 10:02 pm

well im happy that psn is up so now i can play gt5 online

thisisjustincase said:

May 15th, 10:12 pm

Hi Eric Lempel,

I now have this software update BUT I cannot sign into PSN on my PSN because my Sign-In ID is 31 characters long and it stops accepting input at 30 characters.

Please help!!

stinknAnimal said:

May 15th, 11:44 pm

wooohoooo! we back in biz! great job SOny! and screw you xbox! hahahah sorry thats how i feel bout microsoft! I will never cross over to the darkside! besides xbox is to americanized! :)

stinknAnimal said:

May 15th, 11:45 pm

*too

DigitalXStudio said:

May 16th, 12:04 am

This is a just a little late to make me feel better about your network. See ya Sony going to Xbox!!!

GrimRiper said:

May 16th, 12:43 am

Mr Lempel.

I still like to play my old ps2 games on my 60gb ps3.
before the new update, I use to be able to use game enhancers such as pelican codebreaker vr 9.3
and I was able to use cheat codes for my ps2 games like god mode, unlimited ammo…… etc

will you patch my code breaker functionality back or do I have to dust off the old ps2 slim?

Brain12457 said:

May 16th, 12:55 am

I believe SONY tried harder and accomplished more during construction but I can only hope it’s enough. Considering my ipod 4 touch is MIA and i failed to properly register my ipod 4 touch and apple is unable to help me trace it and the fact that an “app” i never knew existed did not come as a standard or mandatory update blows my everlasting mind. I have come to the conclusion that SONY is not at all as “bad” as alot of users can truly appreciate. P.S. Apparently Best Buy SHOULD have informed me of the propper registration protocol but because there was a failure in “their” training or customer service, whichever, i have recieved little answers for my $400 ot potentially more loss I RESPECT SONY more than ever.

Brain12457 said:

May 16th, 1:01 am

Apple store employee explained how FRACKED i was but with no attempt to treat me as a customer, assuming because i did not purchase said abov e product from said <——-store. I am so offended by the inability to so much as speak to a human on the phone considering the 15 – 30 apple employees at said retailer had little or no time for me or had as little if not inaccurate knowledge of said product! Thanks again SONY!!!!! For being there for me and all these other whiney yet righteous customers!

GiGzMo said:

May 16th, 1:13 am

This Whole thing made me earn my single player trophies…..

thelittles_2010 said:

May 16th, 1:23 am

I think it is unfair to have to buy the first strike maps when I have already purchased them. hat can I do to get them back without having to pay again. I used a playstation network card when I purchased them

xXgIrL1987Xx said:

May 16th, 2:11 am

hello can any1 plz help ? im managin 2 get onto my account but my partner cant get on his account its cumin change ya password he clicks ok n it just says cant connect to the server ????

Mr_White_9 said:

May 16th, 3:04 am

Thank you, Sony for your hard work.
The PS Store will return the 31st of May, if I remeber correctly.

PJR_1957 said:

May 16th, 6:36 am

still can’t get in to Drake 2 online boo hooo

ricky6545432 said:

May 16th, 6:50 am

hell yes ps3 psn back up

irwlZ said:

May 16th, 6:56 am

Actually i sold my first ps3 a while ago because FFXIII SUCKED… anyway I wasn’t on the everyone jump ship abandon your ps3 the networks down!!!(look on your local Craiglist)

My point is i Sold my 1st PS3 this one i have now i changed my password for my PSN ID right on this one i didn’t have to go through my valid email =]

Pyrokid16 said:

May 16th, 7:05 am

@judalation acually if im correct sony said that we’d basicly have all servaces back except the playstation store oh by the way dude not waste your money on a wii i have one and it sucks the net rage is bull s*** and the graphacs are crappy another thing dont get a xbox ether i could give u 3 real reasons y xboxes suck 1 because 1 vibration can screw up your disc and give u red ring of death 2 because you have 2 pay a rediculas fee approxamitly 50 buck for xbox live in addition to your own internet bill and 3 because if you play a xbox for to long becase of the way the pixsils are made (graphacs) your wont be able to see clearly 4 awile possibly a hour trust me it happened to me well that s all i have to say one more thing befor i go if your a ps user you’ll know that sony is the kindest and best corperation in the world theve bin put under so much pressure so try to understand them will ya

dudefacetimbomac said:

trelly_f said:

May 16th, 11:44 am

lego

GrimRiper said:

May 16th, 11:50 am

nevermind mr lempel,
pelican codebreaker v 9.3 works now :)

AVoiceOfOne said:

May 16th, 2:04 pm

Let the games begin!!!!Sony, you all are great!PS3 Rules! Good job at the measures you do for the safe upkeeping of ones I.D….Thank-you..