PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PS3 System Software Update

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on May 14, 2011 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

We have been working on a new PS3 system software update that requires all PSN users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored. The update (v3.61) is mandatory and is available now.

If using a PS3, your password can only be changed on your own PS3 (or a PS3 on which your PSN account was activated), as an added layer of security. If you have never downloaded any content using your account on the system, an email will be sent to the registered sign-in ID (email address) associated with your account when you first attempt to sign-in to PSN. This e-mail will contain a link that will enable you to change your password. In this email, click on the link and follow the instructions to change your password. Once you have changed your password you can sign-in to your account using your new password.

We strongly recommend that all PSN account holders with PS3s update their systems to prepare for when PlayStation Network is back online. The release of this update is a critical step as we work to make PlayStation Network significantly more secure. Thank you for your continued support and patience.

239 Comments

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ David_Gilmore_73 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:06 pm said:

I have been waiting 3 weeks just to put my 2 cents in regarding this whole mess, and I don’t understand how so many people were posting replies to those updates when I couldn’t log in. Anyhow, I want to express my frustration at not being given any sort of timeframe as to when services would be turned back on. I don’t beleive you that the information wasn’t available, you’re a multimillion dollar corporation, and you were just keeping it a secret to try not to lose customers to competitors. That being said, thank you for getting the network back on so quickly, I can’t wait to get back to GT5 online, that and metal gear solid 4 were the reasons I bought the system in the first place. I’ve always been a sony fan, for those two franchises and for resident evil, but I am beginning to lose faith in Sony due to what I’ve perceived to be a lack of transparency regarding this network outage. My faith will only be fully restored in Sony and Playstation if and when whoever is responsible for this debacle is identified, caught, prosecuted, and most importantly punished.

+ MnimiZhai on May 16th, 2011 at 2:11 pm said:

HELP! I followed the directions and changed my password but when I try to sign in on my PS3 it tells me “an error occurred during communication with the server. This is a DNS error.” then gives numbers. How can I fix?

+ MnimiZhai on May 16th, 2011 at 3:29 pm said:

Nevermind got it, thanks!

+ slimshady_lurkin on May 16th, 2011 at 4:58 pm said:

wow i couldnt really tell the differences with this firmware and the last firmwawre!! i thought u guys were gonna change the xmb and stuff. its still sick. btw when will the the psn store be up? ^_^

+ XxMadHaTTerxX420 on May 16th, 2011 at 5:11 pm said:

BOMB network is runnin thats all that matters

+ GanGsta3FOLKS on May 16th, 2011 at 8:55 pm said:

Not sure u should do that download if u got a out of warrentty system it might not work after the update I’m very angry my third ps3 that crapped out woke up ready to play socom but no go 3 funky beeps and system down I’m not liking sony too much anymore I will never belivie in this company again , wow WOW GUESS ILL BUY ANOTHER PS PEICE OF S ,PS

+ C4_213 on May 17th, 2011 at 2:09 am said:

Thanx Sony !!

+ LinPooh84 on May 17th, 2011 at 7:28 am said:

Not to long ago they wrote that they will give out a free 30day subscription to all non ps plus users or something like that but I guess they are still working on that! and I think that’s why it’s taking a long freakin time!!

+ BalramRules on May 17th, 2011 at 10:11 am said:

i wonder wot v4.00 wil bring…. :1

+ k202004 on May 17th, 2011 at 11:10 am said:

trying to resset my password on my PS3 damn i want to play now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ mekele22 on May 17th, 2011 at 11:28 am said:

Damn it playstation you had to come on when my GCSE’s started now how am i supposed to revise please!!! lol cant wait to get ps+ tho =D 30 days free woohoo

+ MzVendetta on May 17th, 2011 at 11:38 am said:

Thanx Sony!!!! Love you :) take as much time as needed

+ xX_roma_Q8_Xx on May 17th, 2011 at 11:43 am said:

hi

+ R3d-Devil_lp3 on May 17th, 2011 at 12:12 pm said:

I wonder if the other map pack for black ops will come out on psn

+ JN-Rod on May 17th, 2011 at 1:43 pm said:

Im glad psn is back up but when will we get ps plus for a month for free? I wanna know. And y can’t they hack xbox and leave us PRO GAMERS alone

+ GrIMReaPER143 on May 17th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

hey is it true that on ps home that ur gonna give us 100 free items of r chioce ???

and well its kinda crap that basicly a trllion dolor copany cant fix a small hack in three days
EMO KID OUT XD!!]]

+ fishncake88 on May 17th, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

Now put up the PSN store i just got 2 20$ PSN cards and i cant use them please put the store up by the end of this week k thx.

+ HoundKilla on May 17th, 2011 at 3:06 pm said:

When will the store be up? Send me a playstation message on it. HoundKilla

+ TigerLust on May 17th, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

BUG REPORT: I have over 60 friends on PSN. When sorting friends by name, it lists myself, then 36 contacts properly sorted A-Z, then it starts again from A to list the remaining contacts. Please fix in the next firmware.

+ blackiemist88 on May 17th, 2011 at 3:44 pm said:

wtf!!! i hope this firmware wasnt the reason my ps3 cant see vuze as a media server….

+ StaarCaravela on May 17th, 2011 at 6:07 pm said:

But mine is saying that the DNS is an error so how do I fix it?. Can one of people from playstation network help me. Please and Thank you.

+ Vulnic on May 17th, 2011 at 8:18 pm said:

Im just glad the people that made homefront werent in charge of fixing the PSN or we’d still be waiting for them to respond with an acknowledgment that it was even hacked or anything was wrong!!!

+ StaarCaravela on May 18th, 2011 at 5:09 pm said:

Never Mine it is working :)

+ perfect911 on May 20th, 2011 at 9:20 pm said:

its 22nd may and i still cant access to paystation store from australia….. anybody got the same issue??

+ skyhi45 on May 21st, 2011 at 6:20 am said:

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Bamfadin on May 21st, 2011 at 3:24 pm said:

Where’s the compensation for all this wait!!?!?!?!

+ threeboxhigh on May 21st, 2011 at 3:48 pm said:

why are people wanting something for free because the server had to be shut down. if your ford or chevy breaks down after long usage are they going to give you anything, i think not.

+ LOLZ-O_O_PWNDU on May 21st, 2011 at 5:12 pm said:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAA BUDDY DOUBLE XP BLACK OPS plz friend me for a quick scopeing match AND ZOMBIES!!!!

+ joelgonell on May 22nd, 2011 at 8:58 am said:

+ FreedomwNoLimits on May 23rd, 2011 at 10:35 am said:

yea thanks for taking so long but glad ur back i was really missing crysis 2 lol

+ south4 on May 23rd, 2011 at 1:57 pm said:

You all need to give up on the in game chat, or as microsoft calls it: party. It is owned and copyrighted by microsoft! So it will never happen!

+ orton_toonfan on May 25th, 2011 at 6:48 am said:

pleased its sorted just waiting to see if or what changes has been made!

+ Nlolo1942 on May 25th, 2011 at 12:15 pm said:

when wy can use the playstation store

+ ergopoxxy on May 26th, 2011 at 6:59 pm said:

i Hope the playstation store works soon, i wanted to buy a game

+ knight0522 on May 30th, 2011 at 2:23 am said:

I am still unable to play DC Universe. i purchased this game right before the network outage and I have been patiently wiating. Can anyone tell me when this might be back up or do I need to return this game to bestbuy and get my money back?

+ mart_182 on May 30th, 2011 at 5:27 am said:

Yeah ps3 sucks ass. Get an xbox

+ cris36pin on June 4th, 2011 at 5:02 pm said:

i got the new psp go.and it takes so long to get the games!

+ crmoore1 on June 6th, 2011 at 2:06 pm said:

So i tried to manage my account and it is password protected now and i didnt set it that way how do i get the password

+ crmoore1 on June 6th, 2011 at 2:11 pm said:

or is that the new updates and its the same as the log in to playstation network ?

PAGE 1 3 4 5