PS4-The Order

Details for PlayStation Network and Qriocity Customer Appreciation Program in North America

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on May 16, 2011 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

Now that some PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been restored and you’re once again enjoying online gaming and entertainment, we’re happy to provide details about the “Welcome Back” appreciation program for customers in North America. We developed the program as an expression of our gratitude for your patience, support and continued loyalty during the service outage. From all of us at PlayStation, thank you and welcome back!

This package will be made available to all existing registered PlayStation Network and Qriocity users in North America (US and Canada), and will be made available shortly after we have fully restored the service. More specific details about these offers and eligibility requirements will be posted as the services go live.

All PlayStation Network customers can select two PS3 games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.

• Dead Nation
  • inFAMOUS
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Super Stardust HD
  • Wipeout HD + Fury

For PSP owners, you will be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.

• LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
  • ModNation Racers
  • Pursuit Force
  • Killzone Liberation
  • A selection of “On Us” rental movie titles will be available to PlayStation Network customers over one weekend, where Video Service is available. Those titles will be announced soon.
  • 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non PlayStation Plus subscribers.
  • Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive an additional 60 days of free subscription.
  • Existing Music Unlimited Premium Trial subscription members will receive an additional 30 days of free premium subscription.
  • Additional 30 days + time lost for existing members of Music Unlimited Premium/Basic subscription free of charge for existing Premium/Basic members.
  • To welcome users Home, PlayStation Home will be offering 100 free virtual items. Additional free content will be released soon, including the next addition to the Home Mansion personal space, and Ooblag’s Alien Casino, an exclusive game.

We’d like to thank all of our publishing and development partners who’ve contributed to the Welcome Back program, including Bigbig Studios, Codeglue, Digital Leisure, Guerilla Games, Heavy Water, Housemarque, Lockwood, Loot, Mass Media, Media Molecule, SCE Cambridge Studios, SCE Studio Liverpool, SCE San Diego Studios, and Sucker Punch Productions. We couldn’t have created such a compelling package without them!

As a reminder, you will be able to access the above content shortly after services are fully restored. We are doing everything we can to make that happen as soon as possible. Please visit the following sites for more information about the Welcome Back program in Europe and Latin America.

Thank you again for your support!

7,089 Comments

PAGE 1 136 137 138 139 140 142

+ crazygamer2231 on May 25th, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

I really think you guys should put money in the accounts i’m not saying a lot just some like around $ 40 so people can pick what they want, also you guys should try to get playstation store back up before the black ops escalation map pack comes out or it will probably over heat gust saying and if u need any more ideas i have alot

+ sansalove on May 25th, 2011 at 10:59 am said:

@donboyOU you sir are correct

+ hemp2dro on May 25th, 2011 at 11:00 am said:

When will it be fully restored

+ Gary_Dubin on May 25th, 2011 at 11:04 am said:

I just bought a psx3 yesterday and signed up for the playstation network and was accepted… am I eligible for the free games as well? Hope so :(

+ bpt90 on May 25th, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

great i cant wait for it!!

+ bigLenon on May 25th, 2011 at 1:50 pm said:

When is this gonna take place?

+ Asian-Toilet on May 25th, 2011 at 2:02 pm said:

well i think thats a good deal and all but can i get $40 in exchange for the 2 psp games and 1 of the ps3 games instead? its not that im ungrateful its jut i was expecting at least some psn money and i do have a psp. Or the amount equal to the price of 2 of the psp games and the 2 ps3 games? Anyone agree with me?

+ Phail_Munsta on May 25th, 2011 at 2:37 pm said:

@DirdeeHuer

You’re right, they didn’t HAVE to offer anything for the account theft and a month of network down time, but they did, you ninny. If they ARE going to offer anything, then it should be fair and justifiable not some petty attempt for them to try and make money off of the ordeal. That doesn’t say “nice gesture from an honorable company” to me.

So, before you cast off the intelligent people who aren’t instantly jumping down to suck Sony’s toes, maybe you should consider they’re doing more than just complaining and are instead making a valid argument that you CHOOSE to overlook. It seems to me that the “complainers” are the ones offering logical reasoning for why they should receive a ten dollar credit instead of the two free games.

If you want to keep wasting money on another grubby gaming company, go ahead, but that doesn’t make you righteous for being content with haphazard apologies and cheap bribery.

+ SlaughterKing666 on May 25th, 2011 at 2:57 pm said:

@ all the idiots who keep saying they want store credit: you do realize that if they even gave just 10 dollars of store credit that would be $77,000,000. and don’t say that it doesn’t affect them that much because not only is that money that they would have earned but they still have to pay royalties to all the game developers so they end up losing quite a bit of money and after all they are a buisness. making money is what they do.

ps. i am not a fanboy i am seriously pissed off about this whole situation i’m just trying to offer a voice of reason

+ ClownFreaks on May 25th, 2011 at 4:12 pm said:

I’m a little confused about how and when we are going to be able to get these games! Where do we have to go in order to get them?

+ Phail_Munsta on May 25th, 2011 at 4:21 pm said:

@SalughterKing666

So, after doing that quick number crunch on your desktop calculator, you’ve come to the conclusion that Sony would fall over dead from giving store credit. At least, that’s what I’m feeling like you are trying to insinuate. Then you completely misinterpret their funding from other department branches that don’t specialize in gaming. Furthermore, the ten dollar credit is no different than the five dollars they’re losing for each of the games that are being offered, so they’re still losing that much money but take away the random factor of pissing off developer companies who might lose money on the same type of discounted game because instead of letting us have free reign, they’re dictating what games they lose money off of. It’s obvious that Sony’s funds took a hit here, no one’s saying they didn’t. The problem is that they turn around and pull a corrupt business move like this, expecting it to glaze smoothly over with all of their customers. On a side note,

+ Phail_Munsta on May 25th, 2011 at 4:21 pm said:

You’re not offering a voice of reason, you’re sticking up for a bully corporation who can’t get their head out of their ass for two seconds and insist on making money. What really upsets me is the blind imbeciles who will try and justify what they’re doing. If it wasn’t about money, they would just give the apology, enhance security, and fix problems in their interface. What do they do instead? They continue with legal money laundering, product placement in a supposed means of compensation, and the same big business B.S. that companies like Sony and Microsoft have been known for. Where’s the humanity? I don’t need your “reason”.

+ Phail_Munsta on May 25th, 2011 at 4:22 pm said:

The only people I feel any sympathy for at Sony are the underlings and dedicated employees that have to sit under some grubby, cheap corporate heads who couldn’t come up with a fairer solution that isn’t just a gimmick on their part. Instead of insulting my intelligence, they should have said sorry and left it at that.

Don’t misread what I’m saying, though. I’ll gladly accept inFamous and LittleBigPlanet, because I don’t have them and am typically an Xbox Live player myself. It’s the fans who spent a bunch of money to endorse this company that are getting the biggest boning of their gaming life right now.

+ Phail_Munsta on May 25th, 2011 at 4:23 pm said:

@ClownFreaks

Whenever the store comes back up and you get your free PS+, you’ll be able to decide.

+ piranha_guy_dan on May 25th, 2011 at 4:58 pm said:

That is all sony is offering is 2 of those 5 crappy ass games? That is the best Sony can do for it’s customers? Comments are open to everyone but don’t be a jerk? So filter out the comments that make Sony look cheap and like they are trying to buy back their customers with games that belong decades ago in the time of Atari or the first edition Nintendo? These games being offered are junk! How about Sony paying my netflix bill for the month the PS Network was down or maybe offer free Modern Warfare 3 games when they come out or is that too good of a game to give away to your Play Station customers? I think customers deserve a little more options than those 5 games…. considering they are in the lieu of a class action lawsuit.

+ xtotallywickedx on May 25th, 2011 at 5:25 pm said:

Wow. There are a lot of complaining greedy Idiots. ” Wow, I have all those games. way to make me feel appreciated.” Sony Just gave you guys a crap load of FREE gifts and thats what you say? I didn’t expect Sony to go THIS FAR. That is a lot of stuff, for just waiting about 3 maybe four weeks! I am very excited! You did Great Sony!

P.S. Little Big Planet and inFAMOUS will be going my way!

+ tedffg on May 25th, 2011 at 5:27 pm said:

inFAMOUS and little big planet are coming 2 my ps3 go sony

+ sansalove on May 25th, 2011 at 6:02 pm said:

I agree with xtotallywickedx here

oh and fyi i am not a sony fanboy

+ StormShadow0499 on May 25th, 2011 at 8:21 pm said:

Wow, I can’t believe this, thank you Playstation Network!

+ sir_king on May 25th, 2011 at 10:40 pm said:

What is the process to download the games that are listed in the customer appreciation program? What r the steps? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

+ bronxbombers78 on May 25th, 2011 at 10:43 pm said:

Thanks Sony! What about us US Military that are stationed overseas!? Will we fall under the North American CAP??

+ Randawg- on May 25th, 2011 at 11:30 pm said:

I’ll always remain loyal to Sony!! Each day, througout the “break,” I checked for restoration of online play, but never thought once about switching to an X-Box 360. Sony really went to the extreme for those frustrated and upset. Thanks to those that contributed. Can’t wait for inFAMOUS 2; Bioshock 3; Resistance 3; and Batman: Arkham City!! How could you ever hate Sonyyy ?! :)

+ Edizzle00 on May 26th, 2011 at 1:32 am said:

ITS A SCHEME if you dont see it your blind and/or ignorant to what is really going on here they offer 5 games that have been played time and time through, and to really get the fire started they offer u 2 to dl and keep forever, but it wont end there no no they go and give a good swift kick, in the head/heart, of the company the fans, that have been with you SCEA since ur glorious birth in the 90s or to those of us who are newer to u and ur “services”. ????????why ?????????????
Not everyone out here is brain dead so u can take ur free month of psn+ and shove it with the two free games, all it is is a SCHEME to try and collect lost money., with the new releases of the games u offer already out thats obviously a marketing ploy and the free month of psn+ again just the thought makes me angry in away but they tnx none the less for the free crap that is a nice gesture but seriously whats the deal with the whole thing cummon u can trust me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

+ nicAsonBlasphemy on May 26th, 2011 at 1:49 am said:

Dude, its free.
Who cares if you own the games alredy?
if you own the disk version, sell it.
I own 3/5 of both and im not complaining at all.
I’m actually really physched for the free psn+
I was kinda expecting this, but it blew my mind when it actually happened
Bravo Sony

+ nicAsonBlasphemy on May 26th, 2011 at 1:56 am said:

However, it will suck when the psn+ runs out and you lose all the bennifits. I’ve owned every playstation product (and a 360 but i sold it becuase you have to buy a adaptor to get on from wifi) and i’m pleased. the store credit would be VERY awsome, but there offering the games because they are big titles and they alredy bought into the game. anyways, i’m downloading he free inFAMOUS and LBP and selling my two disc forms, and killzone and modnation for pspgo. all around thanks and people shouldnt complain since psn is free to begin with

+ Redcheck on May 26th, 2011 at 2:02 am said:

Little Big Planet
Super Stardust HD
WipEout HD/Fury
Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty
Hustle Kings

this is the welcome back package for germany !!! and i say that is [DELETED] !!

+ Edizzle00 on May 26th, 2011 at 2:05 am said:

To what extent is it free really though??????

+ xxTyanxx on May 26th, 2011 at 2:50 am said:

Any news about the people who bought a PS3 just before this? I got my PS3 the day before the attack and I haven’t been able to do anything. And also what about my Homefront multiplayer code?

+ jat1369 on May 26th, 2011 at 5:50 am said:

When is this going to be available? Does anyone know when and how does it work. Do you get an email like the id protection?

+ GIANTS4LIFE17 on May 26th, 2011 at 7:02 am said:

My question to Sony is thati purchased the baseball game “THE SHOW” with the 30 day MLB free trial and only got to usr it for about six days. will i be able to enjoy the rest of the free trial or did i lose out on that as well.

+ Lafaele36 on May 26th, 2011 at 7:05 am said:

Actually, some PS1 Classics would’ve been nice =)
Too many people have most of the free PS3 games and some don’t even have a PSP, therefore having no use for the 2 free PSP games.

+ BeNaNcIo_StOnE on May 26th, 2011 at 10:19 am said:

Would’ve been better just to give everyone about 70 PSN dolars do do what they want with

+ piranha_guy_dan on May 26th, 2011 at 10:29 am said:

What is the psn + people are talking about anyways?

+ aabadboy27 on May 26th, 2011 at 10:53 am said:

Are the 100 free items from the psn store?

+ tpmccusker on May 26th, 2011 at 11:50 am said:

At least they are being honest and trying really hard.
I mean they’re giving away what could earn them, like, $100000, away for free.
That’s the best costumer service iv’e ever seen.
The game list could be a tiny bit bigger though because everyone has mostly got these games.
and if only they could ship out free 8 GB memory sticks for the PSP’s :)

Anyhow, I like how they are working their buts off to try to satisfy US just as much as they’re trying to fix the servers.

+ PridedBearSlayer on May 26th, 2011 at 12:44 pm said:

just bought the last psp go in my entire county i think, i need the store!

+ JRoever on May 26th, 2011 at 1:12 pm said:

Again – got all games already – please Sony add some that you haven’t already massively bundled up before!!!

ModNation Racers for PS3 as well would be a fair addition to the list! THX…

PS: otherwise I’d rather place my bet on supporting a class-action …

+ nicklas__mellum on May 26th, 2011 at 1:45 pm said:

hey, i was wondering how this welcome back thing will work, and if anyone please could answer this question for me.

is it 2 games out of 5 for each console or is it for each psn user so that my brother and i can pick to different games even if we are on the same console?

+ Laramie83 on May 26th, 2011 at 2:40 pm said:

I was expecting more selection for our free game. It’s cool we get two and all, but 3 of 4 of those are pretty lame. I’m not very satisfied with our compensation. Give me a few more BETTER games to choose from and you can make this right SONY.

+ AlienFire on May 26th, 2011 at 3:06 pm said:

Well, to the people that are saying “I have all of these games already!”, you guys are obviously LOYAL customers and wouldn’t leave just because of this. Its for less loyal customers, to keep them from leaving. And besides if they didn’t pick “Flagship” games, then you’d all be saying “Bad game choice”. So don’t complain, we’re lucky they’re giving us anything! Also, free movie rentals for a weekend a Playstation Plus sub and Home items isn’t too shabby either.

+ sansalove on May 26th, 2011 at 3:14 pm said:

I love this thread, I love to listen to people argue

+ DarthNorca on May 26th, 2011 at 3:32 pm said:

The home items are useless unless you are under 16, Infamous is great i’ll admit, but the rest blow..well maybe not LBP but dang..2 has been out for a few months. This is supposed compensation for network down. They need to worry about our data that was put out there for all to see, i realize the all clear i.d junk..but no e-mails have been received yet..so our data is still out there. I blame the hackers sure..but I blame Sony more, better security should have been in place. Still love my ps3 but hard to forgive the data loss.

+ AFamilyOfPuppies on May 26th, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

This is great compensation for the time lost on PSN good job sony.

+ X-Harper on May 26th, 2011 at 4:17 pm said:

This sux. No offense but giving us 5 games to choose from really is a copout. Especially those particular games. I would rather see $60.00 USD credited to my account allowing me to choose how to use it. Sony Failed epically in the protection of our data and then insults us with this offer.

+ Doubtsofshadow on May 26th, 2011 at 4:27 pm said:

Oh wow! This is AWESOME!!! Almost makes me wish PSN would get hacked more often lol.
Okay… not really. I’m addicted to DCU Online and Battlefield 2 and those weeks were NOT FUN.

+ sageofcelluloid on May 26th, 2011 at 4:55 pm said:

One month of PSN+ comes out to roughly $6.00 per person.

Disk based LBP sells for roughly $20.00 new – less used.

Disk based Infamous sells for roughly $20.00 new – less used.

DL based Wipeout HD sells for roughly $10.00.

DL based Dead Nation sells for roughly $10.00.

DL based Super Stardust HD sells for roughly $10.00.

Depending on what games the player chooses, Sony is only looking at a loss of $26.00 – $36.00 per person.

Now, considering 3 months of PSN+ costs $18.00 and 1 year costs $50.00, even with the extension for curent PSN+ members, Sony will easily recoup the minimal losses it incures with this less than appreciative customer appreciation.

A better choice from Sony would have been issuing PSN Wallet credits/vouchers to players so as to allow said players to decide what they want – be it games, themes, wallpapers, add-ons, et cetera.

+ RAY_ray43 on May 26th, 2011 at 4:59 pm said:

This is awsome and i cant wait to get a discount on a new pic so i dont have to have an orange!!!!

AWSOME SONY!! NICE GAME PICKS TOO!! THANX!!!!

+ liamr3 on May 26th, 2011 at 6:01 pm said:

its good that psn is back but it is ridiculous that you have to change ur pass considering 9/10 people used faulty emails and ive been waiting well over 24 hours for the email i was due to receive in 3, you guys fail at being a customer satisfying business org.

+ xxbsbxx on May 26th, 2011 at 6:53 pm said:

It would have been nice to see at least sport game, a decent racing game, or a war themed shooter that isnt sci fi. Id never buy any of those games and 30 days of subscriptions is just bait really. I suppose its a good effort but none of it interests me at all. Maybe its geared more for the younger crowd.

+ TheBear-00 on May 26th, 2011 at 7:55 pm said:

Dang Sony, I had no idea you loved me so much! haha

PAGE 1 136 137 138 139 140 142