PS4-Watch_Dogs

Details for PlayStation Network and Qriocity Customer Appreciation Program in North America

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on May 16, 2011 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

Now that some PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been restored and you’re once again enjoying online gaming and entertainment, we’re happy to provide details about the “Welcome Back” appreciation program for customers in North America. We developed the program as an expression of our gratitude for your patience, support and continued loyalty during the service outage. From all of us at PlayStation, thank you and welcome back!

This package will be made available to all existing registered PlayStation Network and Qriocity users in North America (US and Canada), and will be made available shortly after we have fully restored the service. More specific details about these offers and eligibility requirements will be posted as the services go live.

All PlayStation Network customers can select two PS3 games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.

• Dead Nation
  • inFAMOUS
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Super Stardust HD
  • Wipeout HD + Fury

For PSP owners, you will be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.

• LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
  • ModNation Racers
  • Pursuit Force
  • Killzone Liberation
  • A selection of “On Us” rental movie titles will be available to PlayStation Network customers over one weekend, where Video Service is available. Those titles will be announced soon.
  • 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non PlayStation Plus subscribers.
  • Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive an additional 60 days of free subscription.
  • Existing Music Unlimited Premium Trial subscription members will receive an additional 30 days of free premium subscription.
  • Additional 30 days + time lost for existing members of Music Unlimited Premium/Basic subscription free of charge for existing Premium/Basic members.
  • To welcome users Home, PlayStation Home will be offering 100 free virtual items. Additional free content will be released soon, including the next addition to the Home Mansion personal space, and Ooblag’s Alien Casino, an exclusive game.

We’d like to thank all of our publishing and development partners who’ve contributed to the Welcome Back program, including Bigbig Studios, Codeglue, Digital Leisure, Guerilla Games, Heavy Water, Housemarque, Lockwood, Loot, Mass Media, Media Molecule, SCE Cambridge Studios, SCE Studio Liverpool, SCE San Diego Studios, and Sucker Punch Productions. We couldn’t have created such a compelling package without them!

As a reminder, you will be able to access the above content shortly after services are fully restored. We are doing everything we can to make that happen as soon as possible. Please visit the following sites for more information about the Welcome Back program in Europe and Latin America.

Thank you again for your support!

7,089 Comments

PAGE 1 140 141 142

+ MrLouque on June 5th, 2011 at 11:49 am said:

I have a solution from what I found on the forums, hope this helps:
Account > Transaction > Subscription/Services

Then select the on you havn’t got yet.

~Cheeers!

+ lonevenom on June 5th, 2011 at 3:01 pm said:

I click on the package and it says “this content cannot be accessed on your account” :( plz help

+ MrDrizzle831 on June 5th, 2011 at 3:49 pm said:

that same thing happens to me at first i thought it was my account since i created my account when you were suppose to change your password but then mt cousin (which also has a ps3 and downloaded the package and PS Plus) that it happend to him to and to just keep on trying, but i just dont know what to do. And if there gonna give a date to when they finish testing it when is it!?!?!?!?!

+ MrDrizzle831 on June 5th, 2011 at 4:34 pm said:

and everytime i click to download the two free games nothing happen its like i didnt even click samething happens on my psp

+ hskrfan1969 on June 5th, 2011 at 6:42 pm said:

ok I try to get Infamous adn dead nation now can’t find where they where put

+ technoshakes on June 5th, 2011 at 8:24 pm said:

So for the two HD game options do you NEED an HD TV, or would a good old standard def. TV work?

+ ITSxire on June 6th, 2011 at 7:48 am said:

I accidently closed playstation store while trying to get the free games, and now im not able to get any games! It happended to a friend of mine too. Please fix it!

+ ITSxire on June 6th, 2011 at 7:58 am said:

Its funny how playstation network still managed to freak it all up again.. sadly.

+ Shawskins on June 6th, 2011 at 8:10 am said:

Really?!? This is what our loyalty is worth? $6 worth of Playstation Plus, two old games that most people already have and are worth probably $20 each, a bunch of items for a place I don’t go (Playstation Home), some old movie rentals (Bad Boys, Final Fantasy and Ghostbusters?!?) and a 30 day trial to a music application.

Why can’t we get just one of the many newer games Sony publishes (inFamous 2, LBP2, Uncharted 3, KZ3, R&C:All 4 One, Playstation Move Heroes, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Twisted Metal), 3 months of Playstation Plus, 3 months of movie rentals (of our choice, including new movies even if it’s just Sony’s studio), 3 months of the Music Unlimited and if people still want the Playstation Home items that’s fine too.

I feel like Sony doesn’t value our loyalty enough by giving these “appreciation” items. My idea may cost a lot in the beginning, but in the in the long run, customers will appreciate it and value and respect Sony’s sacrifice. This current deal is a slap in the face to me, I’m very disappointed.

+ mr5989 on June 6th, 2011 at 8:59 am said:

The Customer Appreciation Program SUCKS
Sony, this the best you got? Well keep it.
Because of this poor effort on you part, my new tv is a Samsung.
Brand loyalty could have been accomplished with a voucher for a FREE new game, free movie and music for a month.
Sony you lost out on my TV purchase and it was a expensive one to boot, and with weak offer like your Customer Appreciation Program I have no problems making a rival game system, my main system.

+ OnyxZephyr on June 6th, 2011 at 11:49 am said:

Nice. Just got my “Welcome Back” announcement today, June 6th. In the Midwest (my state used to be the U.S. Indian Territory in 1886) so probably Sony has just restored my account. Rock on! The games offered…. I’m not sure if they are download only, or if they are on DVD. My PS3 doesn’t have enough room to download games, so I guess I’ll be doing housekeeping to free up some space if the games are download only.

I’m looking forward to dressing up my avatar. He needs some clothes. Yikes!

+ grandmaball on June 6th, 2011 at 4:01 pm said:

great but how can you get these free games if you do not have space???? They are HUGE!!! Send out disks Sony.

+ SwissArmySpork on June 6th, 2011 at 5:36 pm said:

The cut off date needs to be adjusted. I was one of the people who bought a ps3 right at the start of the outage and basically had a useless system because to me the only aspect of games I enjoy is the online multiplayer. I and many others like me had a useless console for 6 weeks and I feel we should be compensated for it.

+ knbjhc on June 6th, 2011 at 5:36 pm said:

Wonderful advertizing but when I go to the “””appreciation window””” it is blank with no way to download anything. Is Sony so bad off they promise and never deliver????

+ LiquidDjango on June 7th, 2011 at 5:18 am said:

Navigation on this site is atrocious. How do I “download” the PSP games? NOTHING HAPPENS.

+ xxbsbxx on June 7th, 2011 at 9:59 am said:

Just bought a new 46″ LED from…….Philips….thats how much I appreciate your efforts.

+ show1boat2 on June 7th, 2011 at 10:02 am said:

I cant download my second free game because i pressed get now then i pressed circle 2 times and it took away the opition to get my free ps3 game. This sucks, first i got wipeout then i I was gonna get inFAMOUS but now i cant! I am SO MAD!

+ TorchBear on June 7th, 2011 at 1:10 pm said:

This sucks, why has it been limited to accounts before April 30th? i bought my play station in may despite the reported network hack, and downtime and we get nothing?

+ TorchBear on June 7th, 2011 at 1:15 pm said:

i WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with you SwissArmySpork !!! At least a 30 day trial of Plus since i’ve thought about getting it but not sure the benefits are worth it. The games listed as free for one aren’t incentive enough, and no word as to how often they will update the list of full game trials.

+ bonxo8480 on June 7th, 2011 at 1:37 pm said:

This is pretty sad, I can understand the big hit Sony has taken because of the hack, and so soon after the tsunami which is unfortunate, and i’m sure will cost them more in the long run, but the customer base is whats keeping you alive. Ive always advocated sony products for their quality, I love their cameras and electronics, and i am an avid MS hater, hence my MAC and linux OS when i did have a pc, i had an xbox because a lot of my friends had it but their Xbox live bull*** sucks, i rather play online without having to pay for the option, whether i use it or not, but I love the PS3 i think it’s a superior product to XBox since it has more to offer, but i really feel a lot of people were cheated here.

+ bonxo8480 on June 7th, 2011 at 1:37 pm said:

I got my games and the other stuff since I’ve had my account for over a year, but my friends like TorchBear didn’t and they should have, they already set a 30 day limit to the offer why on top of that cut off the offer to people who purchased a ps3 and joined despite the downtime on the network. Its insulting really, you are giving away DATED software as feeble gesture of gratitude, the least you could do is extend that offer to new comers who are supporting you despite the well reported concerns over the security you offer.

+ bonxo8480 on June 7th, 2011 at 1:37 pm said:

SONY you are underestimating the implications of this debacle, identity security concerns are crucial to people today specially since we are pushing for more digital media in the future and it’s entire economic base will be online and security will be a number one issue.

+ bonxo8480 on June 7th, 2011 at 1:42 pm said:

I sincerely hope you step it up and realize how loyal your client base has been because it would be very sad to see SONY and PLAYSTATION go the way of SEGA.

+ LeanGangsta on June 8th, 2011 at 5:51 am said:

is not like any of these 5 games are even worth it and like Enigma777 says, what if you already own these games, how can someone really feel appreciated for first of all buying their product (The PS3), their games and pay for a monthly subscription ?! and on the end they are out for 2 months and what do they give you ? Crash Bandicoot for the PS1 (equivalent) they don’t even give any chance or options, is two games anyways, why can’t we choose two games that we love and will be very happy for having them, for example Need For Speed Hot Pursuit or Fifa 2012 or Battlefield 3 orrrr anything else that is REALLY worth waiting two months for, anything that we want…. IT’S A JOKE, BUT THEM BILLIONAIRES DON’T CARE ABOUT THEIR POOR CUSTOMERS …. but hey … enjoy your Dead Nation … or Little Big Planet … GOOD LUCK

+ LeanGangsta on June 8th, 2011 at 5:58 am said:

veryyyy very … disappointed

+ LeanGangsta on June 8th, 2011 at 6:00 am said:

you can put them 5 lame games in your a** … why are we gonna buyt any of your products when you’re this loyal SONY, you’re just another hungry organization that doesn’t care about it’s customers that spend thousands on their products everyday ….

+ killer8749 on June 8th, 2011 at 10:37 am said:

how do you get the playstation home stuff

+ TorchBear on June 8th, 2011 at 11:37 am said:

Go to a kiosk in the home central plaza

+ ObamaBomBinLaden on June 8th, 2011 at 9:13 pm said:

i need help please i cant download 2 free games it keep said “the content cannot accessed on your account” i try couple of step but it not work, help please

+ TROOPS_310KINGS on June 9th, 2011 at 1:28 am said:

chea!

+ Shawskins on June 9th, 2011 at 8:43 am said:

For those of you not happy with the “Appreciation Program” you should send a message to corporate to let them know how you feel:

I used the Product as “Corporate” and the Topic as “General Information” If enough people voice their opinions they may realize that what they did is not very appreciative. I don’t know if the people that make the decisions are reading these comments.

+ GliitterBoy007 on June 9th, 2011 at 8:56 am said:

anyone have the problem that after ur able to log back in,and try to download the welcome back stuff, that it dont apper in your psp?? am i missing sumthin here?? perhaps because of lack PS GAP, im missing something… any Gap PPl have this problem?

+ KATaKLISMIK on June 9th, 2011 at 11:18 am said:

yes for those that have asked yes if you have ps3 and psp you do get 2 games for each! i have 2 psn ids and a psp so i was able to download 2 games for each. and even though i did have some of the free titles I am grateful to Sony for at least compensating us in some way, that was more than they had to do! Just glad to have psn back up and running so I can lay down some random claymores!!!

+ enedarkone14 on June 9th, 2011 at 12:21 pm said:

I’ve always appreciated sony. Ive been with you guys since ps1 and i own a psp as well as a ps3…. you have always been very productful to us fans and i hope you keep up the good work… looking forwardto some free games.

+ enedarkone14 on June 9th, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

thanks sony… you guys rock… ive been there since your firs playstation.

+ kd8izs on June 9th, 2011 at 3:54 pm said:

when will the WBP for psp show the games

+ Raymond121 on June 9th, 2011 at 5:14 pm said:

a total glitch just happend with my psp i was downloading my first game and it completely froze so i had to go back and it didnt let me download my second game. can anyone HELP PLEASE!!!!

+ johnny_008 on June 10th, 2011 at 1:25 pm said:

i also accidentaly left the playstation welcome back window and cannot access those free games anymore, SONY please help :(

+ naros77 on June 10th, 2011 at 5:53 pm said:

sony: downloaded inFamous and I got charged 29.99! nice work. anyone know how to get refund?

PAGE 1 140 141 142