PS4-Watch_Dogs

Details for PlayStation Network and Qriocity Customer Appreciation Program in North America

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on May 16, 2011 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

Now that some PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been restored and you’re once again enjoying online gaming and entertainment, we’re happy to provide details about the “Welcome Back” appreciation program for customers in North America. We developed the program as an expression of our gratitude for your patience, support and continued loyalty during the service outage. From all of us at PlayStation, thank you and welcome back!

This package will be made available to all existing registered PlayStation Network and Qriocity users in North America (US and Canada), and will be made available shortly after we have fully restored the service. More specific details about these offers and eligibility requirements will be posted as the services go live.

All PlayStation Network customers can select two PS3 games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.

• Dead Nation
  • inFAMOUS
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Super Stardust HD
  • Wipeout HD + Fury

For PSP owners, you will be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.

• LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
  • ModNation Racers
  • Pursuit Force
  • Killzone Liberation
  • A selection of “On Us” rental movie titles will be available to PlayStation Network customers over one weekend, where Video Service is available. Those titles will be announced soon.
  • 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non PlayStation Plus subscribers.
  • Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive an additional 60 days of free subscription.
  • Existing Music Unlimited Premium Trial subscription members will receive an additional 30 days of free premium subscription.
  • Additional 30 days + time lost for existing members of Music Unlimited Premium/Basic subscription free of charge for existing Premium/Basic members.
  • To welcome users Home, PlayStation Home will be offering 100 free virtual items. Additional free content will be released soon, including the next addition to the Home Mansion personal space, and Ooblag’s Alien Casino, an exclusive game.

We’d like to thank all of our publishing and development partners who’ve contributed to the Welcome Back program, including Bigbig Studios, Codeglue, Digital Leisure, Guerilla Games, Heavy Water, Housemarque, Lockwood, Loot, Mass Media, Media Molecule, SCE Cambridge Studios, SCE Studio Liverpool, SCE San Diego Studios, and Sucker Punch Productions. We couldn’t have created such a compelling package without them!

As a reminder, you will be able to access the above content shortly after services are fully restored. We are doing everything we can to make that happen as soon as possible. Please visit the following sites for more information about the Welcome Back program in Europe and Latin America.

Thank you again for your support!

7,089 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 142

+ j-core007 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:17 pm said:

Epic :)

+ lukerjfY2J on May 16th, 2011 at 2:17 pm said:

I have an question my PSN Plus expired while PSN was out will I still be eligible for Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive an additional 60 days of free subscription?

+ quills05 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:17 pm said:

Sweet..thanks Sony!

+ Wozman23 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:17 pm said:

I was actually hoping for more downloadable titles. The only thing I don’t own on the PS3 list is Wipeout. I was holding out on Dead Nation, but caved when it won the Gamers Choice award.

+ Tripzter08 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:17 pm said:

thanks sony keep it up! horahhh!!!!

+ jums300 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:17 pm said:

Infamous!!! awesome! also lbp sounds awesome. the bad part is that i have both. the 3 others look not as good.

+ AmericanNinja1 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:17 pm said:

Good job Sony. This is a good list considering they didn’t owe us anything.

+ tpezi on May 16th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

Just happy to be online again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Darkshot13 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

Oh wow. Thats pretty nice of them. Good thing about this is that I can finish inFAMOUS.Their giving alot away though. Pretty generous of them. Especially the PS Home items. Thanks Sony!

+ B_A_C_Kslash on May 16th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

When are we going to be able to get these? (im sorry if it said, i just skimmed )

+ Destiny89 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

Truly amazing, does this applies to Canada as well?

+ Tutiquen809 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

thanks so much sony

+ Llanero_2000 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

I have a code for download a car in ModNation racer that expired on May 12, I have some additional time to use the code.
Greetings

+ Cyris on May 16th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

Thank you, Sony.

+ jums300 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

well maybe dead nation sounds good.

+ ChainClutch on May 16th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

NICE!! thats what im talking about.. no cheapo $9.99 title LoL. Cant wait to finally try out PLUS, if I like it enough I might consider extending it :) . I dont have Dead nation and been dieing for it. woohoo! I hope the PS Store is back up and running by weeks end. Thanks again.

+ Od1n757 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

this has just answer my questions for the most part and for that i thank you.id like to know regarding Home will there be any new spaces launching soon as the downtime should have gave developers ample time to create.

+ Brookafish on May 16th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

Many of us are having issues with needing to redeem a code so we can download a small file to enable multiplayer, will that function be enabled before everyone is able to start downloading their free games? are things like that going to be handled by different servers than the ones handling the delivery of free games? I’m worried the extreme traffic that will result from being able to downloadd games for free willhinder our ability to use other aspects of the network

+ Magicman354_ on May 16th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

Thank you so much sony! your the best!!! But which should i pick dead nation or super star dust hd?

+ joshfranco on May 16th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

will the money i had in my account still be there

+ Stroublez on May 16th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

I Want to play Mortal Kombat Online without Trial :/

+ Pippylicious on May 16th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

What about me? I bought a ps3 literally the day after it went down. I had no idea. Go home. And bam. I got owned so hard. Extremely upsetting to pay for a month of netflix and basically only recieve half of it. Because i lost the other half due to PSN being down. So what do i get? Because i wasnt existing at that time. Im sure ill be boned in this of course. GG sony. Just switched from the 360 too.

+ Zeer0id on May 16th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

There’s a fantastic selection of games there; thanks a bunch, Sony. It’s just a shame that I already own so many of them! I’ll pick up Dead Nation though, for sure. And though I have WipEout, I don’t have Fury yet.

One question, though. Will Super Stardust HD be bundled with any or all of its expansion packs?

+ Sh1nato on May 16th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

does anyone still play the first LBP online?

+ PhillyPhreak on May 16th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

I own all of the PS3 titles listed, but a good deal for anyone new to PS3 or does not own any of those titles. I’ll definitely take advantage of the 30 day free trial for PS+. I’ll download a few PS+ items at discounted prices. :)

+ xMedici on May 16th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

how about gow3 instead? these games are quite dated…?

+ mahunoy on May 16th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

Wow! I have all those PS3 games. Sad Face.

+ TH3G00B on May 16th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

will i be able to recieve 4 free games since i have a pspgo and a ps3? and my brother will also recieve 2 free games for his psp go, but the game list is kinda awesome. just hope i can get the 4 games and not just 2, even 1 from each category would work, <3 sony

+ iDotDotDot on May 16th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

Though you really didn’t HAVE to give us anything, i appreciate this very much. Thank you Sony

+ cr8zysk8er on May 16th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

right on sony way to make it right with the people

+ HUMANIMAL__ on May 16th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

Thanks sony very happy that the online is working again also cant wait till playstation store is working again and down with Xbox and Playstation forever!!!

+ mrdeadhead on May 16th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

sweet, the games are ones they know most everyone already has.
why not just store credit? i have other stuff i want.

and if i buy something (other than those listed) with my temporary (and it will be temporary) PS+ thing do i get to keep any of it after it expires?

+ The_Annihilator on May 16th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

Sounds good, I’m going to grab Super Stardust. I’ve been meaning to get that game for a while but never did.

+ Od1n757 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

and what if a player already owns one or multiple of these games can they instead get something else of equal value?

+ Cowboy223495 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

Thanks for all the free stuff, and hope everything works out.

+ Darkriver_01 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

WOW, an awesome “welcome Back” program. Thanks guys! In return, I shall endeavor to remain a Sony Playstation customer!

+ KingBroly on May 16th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

Since I already have Wipeout HD, can I just download the Fury add-on, or am I going to be shut out for that?

+ nucleardanojojo on May 16th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

errrr, excuse me sony, but you missed Mexico, you know we are part of north america right, right??? so please dont leave us out side dont be mean thanks

+ purplestream on May 16th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

I have a ps3 and psp! does that mean i’ll be getting 4? please answer!

+ fatturtle13 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

im a resident of North America but am living in the west indies till the end of this year…. does this mean that i dont get the two free games??

+ DJwiteowt on May 16th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

Thanks sony, i officially forgive you

+ deftboy on May 16th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

No free characters for marvel vs capcom 3? Come on gives us at least that for free.

+ OutlawPR77 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

Que bien Sony gracias y suerte

+ omgwtfsushi on May 16th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

can someone work with me on this? one of the higher ups? i was affected by the outage and stuff, but if the full network is going to be up by may 31st.. well i dont think ill be able to make use of my free DLC and PS+ because im going out of the country and im not going to take my ps3 with me to a 3rd world country and risk it being stolen, im leaving next week and i wont be back till around the 2nd week of july, so whats going to happen? im going to miss out on all this welcome back stuff? i havent been able to play online for 3 weeks and now i miss all the good stuff D:

+ PEENISAURIS_REX on May 16th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

yes! infamous here i come! lol anybody up for Uncharted 2? add me :) Sony forever!

+ Skaughtto on May 16th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

Nice! So when does the store come back online? I need to load up some new games on my PSPGo!

+ mikemill on May 16th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

Very nicely done Sony!

+ bashinskulls17 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

sounds great sony

+ ezronic3 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

so playstation i been tryin 2 play black ops online n it will not let me play online all my friends can play online im the only 1 that it is not workin for, why is that? i tried so many different things and it still wont work can u please help me i been wantin 2 play so badly help me please

+ DRAGON_BABY79 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

Sweetness!! lol Although I didnt miss online content much… i just played my offline games… But thank you for Excellent customer support and appriciation for your customers!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 142