PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Details for PlayStation Network and Qriocity Customer Appreciation Program in North America

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on May 16, 2011 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

Now that some PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been restored and you’re once again enjoying online gaming and entertainment, we’re happy to provide details about the “Welcome Back” appreciation program for customers in North America. We developed the program as an expression of our gratitude for your patience, support and continued loyalty during the service outage. From all of us at PlayStation, thank you and welcome back!

This package will be made available to all existing registered PlayStation Network and Qriocity users in North America (US and Canada), and will be made available shortly after we have fully restored the service. More specific details about these offers and eligibility requirements will be posted as the services go live.

All PlayStation Network customers can select two PS3 games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.

• Dead Nation
  • inFAMOUS
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Super Stardust HD
  • Wipeout HD + Fury

For PSP owners, you will be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.

• LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
  • ModNation Racers
  • Pursuit Force
  • Killzone Liberation
  • A selection of “On Us” rental movie titles will be available to PlayStation Network customers over one weekend, where Video Service is available. Those titles will be announced soon.
  • 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non PlayStation Plus subscribers.
  • Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive an additional 60 days of free subscription.
  • Existing Music Unlimited Premium Trial subscription members will receive an additional 30 days of free premium subscription.
  • Additional 30 days + time lost for existing members of Music Unlimited Premium/Basic subscription free of charge for existing Premium/Basic members.
  • To welcome users Home, PlayStation Home will be offering 100 free virtual items. Additional free content will be released soon, including the next addition to the Home Mansion personal space, and Ooblag’s Alien Casino, an exclusive game.

We’d like to thank all of our publishing and development partners who’ve contributed to the Welcome Back program, including Bigbig Studios, Codeglue, Digital Leisure, Guerilla Games, Heavy Water, Housemarque, Lockwood, Loot, Mass Media, Media Molecule, SCE Cambridge Studios, SCE Studio Liverpool, SCE San Diego Studios, and Sucker Punch Productions. We couldn’t have created such a compelling package without them!

As a reminder, you will be able to access the above content shortly after services are fully restored. We are doing everything we can to make that happen as soon as possible. Please visit the following sites for more information about the Welcome Back program in Europe and Latin America.

Thank you again for your support!

7,089 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 142

+ The_Apprentice on May 16th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

Any chance of options for those with all those games?
Can be confirmed by checking trophy lists.

+ RedGiant17 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

What if we have them all?

+ beastly_giraffe on May 16th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

Instead of the games, will we be able to get the call of duty DLC when it comes out just a thought.
Send me a message on my account.

+ RandallFlagg on May 16th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

That would be awesome if i didnt already own the entire offered ps3 list. Seriously would it of hurt to just give everybody 60 bucks psn store credit?

+ shadowph33r on May 16th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

Sweet! Thanks Sony!!! :D

Keep up the good work :)

+ JBHuskers on May 16th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

This is cool, but what if you have all five of the PS3 games offered? The 60-days PS+ is a nice touch though.

+ James-_-H on May 16th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

I’m so happy :’(

+ shogun00 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

I own any of those five PS3 games.

Decisions! Decisions!

+ Savagesephiroth on May 16th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

alright sony!!! way to keep the true loyal players alongside ya even though the real true suppoerters wouldnt ever give into doubt :o)

+ ZombieGerbil on May 16th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

Amazing! Thank you sooooo much Sony!

+ xWARPEDx on May 16th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

I’m Impressed! Sony still takes care of its customer base

+ zzamaro on May 16th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

@10

Are you kidding? Activision is so greedy that the word free doesn’t exist in their dictionary.

+ Descuffphoenix on May 16th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

But I played and beat those games…

+ David2Crazy on May 16th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

Kind of sucks that I already own all those PS3 games – feel free to glance through my trophies.

Should be some sort of reward for the hardcore PS3 user like myself who played through those games ages ago and also subscribes to PS+.

I appreciate the 60 free days of PS+ though – it makes sense to get back what we lost and get 30 more free days.

+ Magicul-Mexican on May 16th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

This is AWESOME!! I LOVE YOU, SONY!!!!!!

+ jsf1987 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

Thank you. I feel sorry for the people who traded in their PS3 for an Xbox due to this little incident.

+ Kchow23 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

Was really hoping Patapon 1/2 would be there for PSP offering.. but free stuff is always good even though some of that stuff I already have. Thanks!

+ Junior_carmine on May 16th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

i tried 2 play mortal kombat online but it doesnt let me does it have 2 do with my ps3 being an older model???

+ jazzyrider on May 16th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

Nice! Very nice – thank you!

+ noahhrocks on May 16th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

Yes!!! sony thanks im a psp owner and now i get to pick from awesome psp titles for free!!1

im going with little big planet And killzone!

+ VoodooVyper on May 16th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

I appreciate the offer, but you’re essentially not giving your most loyal fans anything. Little Joey who plays games on the PS3 1 hour a month and has given Sony maybe $10 in the past 3 years will benefit out this. But what about the diehards who play for 20-30+ hours per week. They likely already have PS+ and ALL the games mentioned, what do they get? Why not give a game that came out over the downtime since NOBODY will have already purchased it.

+ Cyrus_Nightshade on May 16th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

That list need to be longer, I already have those games. Oh well

+ Destiny89 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

nvm i see canada included as well :P. thank you sony

+ DFCdee4life on May 16th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

Thank You Sony, when does Europe get these? All the best and glad all is well now.

+ zopi-san on May 16th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

im ps3 & psp user do i get 4 games?

+ Patriot_Infinity on May 16th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

Thanks Sony, this is more than generous.

+ cjscott_07 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

In Sony I trust

+ Ice_Cream681 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

nice picks nom nom nom !!! thanks sony

+ The_Crusader91 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

Wow! I seriously did not expect this at all! I Know I’m going to get LittleBigPlanet, but what else???

+ Midgit on May 16th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

Thank you, Sony PlayStation and Qriocity peeps.

I know I’m not the only one talking about this but is there anyway you can work out a deal with Netflix for credit on our accounts for the down time? Also, is there a way to watch movies through Netflix without having to sign into the PlayStation network?

Thanks again.

+ TwiztidPsycho420 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

thats freakin sweet! i know what im getting XD

+ KoToKo890 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

oh and another question…lets say i bought something with my new psn+ account….but i don’t renew that account, do i lost everything i bought?

+ MEXRPG on May 16th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

What happens if i already own everything that is being given away for free? The only thing I don’t own is Super Stardust HD and because of where I live I cannot view video content. Please give me an answer Patrick.

+ Arcadian_Rebel on May 16th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

This is great! Now we just need details on when the Playstation Store will be available. :D

+ metsarecool on May 16th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

@28 i agree i always want to change my ID and if i make a new account i have to go prestige all over again :(

+ The_Wafler on May 16th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

That is a good list of games. Too bad I own all of them already so nothing free to me :( I’ll probably just grab Infamous and LBP just to have on the hard drive.

+ bigdaddykraven on May 16th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

I already have 4 out of the 5 games already. Lol. Oh well I guess I can download one and sell the disk version then.

Thanks Sony for getting us up and running again and most of all thanks for the Welcome Back stuff.

+ chironto on May 16th, 2011 at 2:24 pm said:

Thats awesome how we get free stuff!! Sony you rock!!!

+ pes2011forever on May 16th, 2011 at 2:24 pm said:

i wanted call of duty, mafia 2, gran turismo 5 , need for speed hot pursuit , but anyways thnx alot :)

+ psystation on May 16th, 2011 at 2:24 pm said:

Those are some pretty sweet games, but what if we already own all of them? Can we download the PS3 and PSP games? I think a better idea would be store credit and we can download what we like.

+ High-Def on May 16th, 2011 at 2:24 pm said:

Thanks for the free stuff! Just keeping us safe would be the best gift ever so…lets just not let it happen again and we’ll forget the whole think mmmk.

+ eyesofreality03 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:24 pm said:

this is an amazing list, i do have a question…i already have the entire list of games from the ps3 section, i already love the entire list and don’t want to seem whiny or unhappy. is there compensation for those who already have games from the ps3 list?

+ nummaan on May 16th, 2011 at 2:24 pm said:

Hell ya

+ ziggurcat on May 16th, 2011 at 2:24 pm said:

hopefully this means that the store will be up again soon!

+ crocodiiiiile on May 16th, 2011 at 2:24 pm said:

I really wish people would stop complaining about the game choices, and be thankful that we’re getting anything. Really, all we had to do was WAIT… to play a GAME… it’s not as if we had to put our lives on hold because Playstation was down. Thanks for everything, Sony! You’re awesome (:

+ Gresel on May 16th, 2011 at 2:24 pm said:

Keep those horrible games…. How about just give us credit to use how we wish?

+ Careksims on May 16th, 2011 at 2:24 pm said:

Er… I own all of these Sony. You guys need a bigger selection. Can’t you send $20 to my wallet and be done with it? Dag nammit.

+ Od1n757 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:25 pm said:

@Mauhnoy i feel the same ialready own many of these so id hope wede get some type of equal value towards us otherwise its wasted

+ norcalbwlr on May 16th, 2011 at 2:25 pm said:

Wow! This is excellent! Thanks very much for everything Sony; this really is an excellent package. I’m definitely interested in checking out the PS Plus membership so this is a great opportunity for me I think. Infamous and LBP or Dead Nation sound like awesome titles to me! You guys should aim for early next week because that is when I will have graduated college. =) Thanks again for all your hard work.

+ RPG-Artist on May 16th, 2011 at 2:25 pm said:

This is why I stick with Sony Products. Sony makes up for any thing that happens Microsoft doesn’t simple as that. I’ve complained about several of Microsoft’s products and I have never gotten a response from them. Sony tried to keep us up to date as best as they could. Sony you have forever earned my trust.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 142