Final Fantasy XV

May 16

May 16

PSN FAQ – Restoration Questions Answered

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

Now that PlayStation Network is once again operational, a great many of you are once again enjoying playing games online. Of course, that’s only part of the Network’s offerings – and you’ve got some questions about how the downtime affected planned releases and online events. Here are answers to some of the more pressing queries:

Q: So what exactly is working right now?
A: Sign-in for PlayStation Network and Qriocity (including the resetting of passwords), online gameplay for PS3 and PSP, playback of rental video content on PS3 (if within rental period), Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity on PS3 (for current subscribers), access to services such as Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, and MLB.tv, “Friends” category on PS3 (including Friends List, Chat Functionality, Trophy Comparison, etc), in-game leaderboards, and PlayStation Home.

Q: I’m having trouble changing my password/I forgot which email I used on my account/I used a fake email to set up my account.
A: Click here for a set of tips on resetting your password. If you’ve gone through the process and are waiting for an email from us, please note that the very large number of requests has caused certain ISPs to slow the rate at which recipients get emails from us. Please be patient as the systems work through the backlog.

Q: The PlayStation Store hasn’t updated since April 19th. When can I download digital games that were planned to be released since then?
A: To date, three Tuesday publishes were missed, which included items like Under Siege and the MotorStorm Apocalypse demo. Rest assured that you won’t miss any of this great content. To catch up on the large amount of material, we’ll be publishing to the PlayStation Store multiple times per week once commerce functionality is restored.  We will update the PlayStation.Blog with information on timing of the Store restoration, as well as the full list of new content as each publish occurs.

Q: How will PlayStation Plus members be affected by the PSN downtime? A number of games/items were slated to go live or come down on April 26th.
A: We will be picking back up with the PlayStation Plus content calendar where we left off to ensure that you won’t miss out on anything.

Q: Sucker Punch has indicated that they will extend the inFAMOUS 2 beta. Any details?
A: Sucker Punch is evaluating extending the inFAMOUS 2 beta, as well as expanding its scope. Stay tuned for more details here in the coming days.

Q: Is anything special planned for the SOCOM 4 multiplayer community?
A: Zipper will announce details on activities to re-engage fans of SOCOM 4 who have patiently waited to play online.

Q: What about the Call of Duty: Black Ops Double XP weekend that was missed while PSN was down?
A: We have been in discussions with our friends at Treyarch, and they have ensured that all Call of Duty: Black Ops fans will get an extra Double XP event as soon as PSN comes back online. We don’t have details on timing just yet, but look forward to an announcement as soon as we have news.

Q: How can I redeem the Welcome Back offer that was mentioned by Kazuo Hirai? What’s in it?
A: Hang tight – we’ll be announcing all the details soon.

Q: How can I sign up for the Debix AllClear ID Plus protection announced last week?
A: More details are coming soon.

Q: When will the PlayStation.Blog start talking about games again?
A: Tomorrow! Thank you for bearing with us as our role changed over the past few weeks. We’ll be once again talking games every day leading up to E3, which is just a few short weeks away.

If you’ve got a PSN-related question that remains to be answered, please ask below, and we’ll do our best to answer.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 40

therealacevenom said:

May 16th, 9:06 am

Keep up the good work, Sony.

jeffsmither said:

May 16th, 9:08 am

Was there any thing else added in that new password update?

Masulsa said:

May 16th, 9:08 am

I hope the welcome back content doesn’t suck! I hope the PS3/PSP games are actual games, not lame games that are only available on their network.

I want games that were originally $59.99, not a bunch of $10.00 games on the network.

shadow-ahedgehog said:

May 16th, 9:09 am

Good News … Thanks Sony

Richard919 said:

May 16th, 9:10 am

Thank you for the update!

Sony ftw

JoshuaKearney said:

May 16th, 9:10 am

When can we expect to see an update about when the Store will be brought back online?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

May 16th, 9:20 am

We’ll let you know when the Store is ready to go.

DazeOfWar said:

May 16th, 9:10 am

Awesome job with the FAQ. Gets a lot of those questions everybody is asking out of the way. I know we’ll still here people asking exactly when the store is coming back but oh well. Good job with everything and thanks for all your hard work. Can’t wait till everything is back to normal. I’ve got some money for ya.

entice7_1 said:

May 16th, 9:12 am

thanks, is all i want to say.

shadow_la05 said:

May 16th, 9:12 am

Thanx 4 the info

RobynnDarcy said:

May 16th, 9:12 am

Can you at least enable a basic “redeem code” function so people can use their “Kombat Pass” and play Mortal Kombat online?

The_Annihilator said:

May 16th, 9:13 am

Any updates to when the PS Store is coming back?

KillerDante said:

May 16th, 9:13 am

Thanks for the info, its good to be back, and can not wait for under siege >.< First game bought once the store is back online.

DazeOfWar said:

May 16th, 9:13 am

@Masusla: Why do you think you deserve some $60 games? How much money did you lose out on PSN being down? Probably none unless you’re a plus member and then you’ll be getting back the time you missed.

I don’t understand why people have to be so greedy.

BeechV35Pilot said:

May 16th, 9:13 am

It was a long three weeks, but I have to admit that it was very exciting Saturday night and Sunday watching the PSN come back up around the world and being able to reconnect with my world-wide buddies.

I am so looking forward to this upcoming year and the PSN. I expect a lot of good experiences from it and I am confident Sony will deliver.

ninos-cubanos said:

May 16th, 9:14 am

second , cant wait any day now. awsome great recovery sony,

lil_jorge09 said:

May 16th, 9:14 am

i lost most of my accounts (11 accounts gone!!) because i use fake information but congratz for the network being back n to sony for puttin all their work n time in 2 bringing psn back

HoOhlk said:

May 16th, 9:14 am

When is Playstation Store going to be back? Sony please.

Moett84 said:

May 16th, 9:16 am

Soo umm will we be getting the escalation ,map pack for free or what??

igornvr said:

May 16th, 9:16 am

I cant change my password on my Brazilian account, it returns a link that say my country isnt available, please fix it

GoodFella2487 said:

May 16th, 9:16 am

Welcome back, Sony! Knew you’d pull through =)

a1471phillip said:

May 16th, 9:17 am

Whoo hoo, cant wait for free stuff? I hope there will also be discounts for sony games like re5 gold edition for those who already own the orig re5 and just want to add the move compatibility and I also wonder if sony style will also be doing any welcome back discounts!?!

mrbarker18 said:

May 16th, 9:17 am

keep up the good work

Feldinan said:

May 16th, 9:18 am

perrandy said:

May 16th, 9:18 am

nice job with the faq there, jeff.nice to see that things are going back to normal bit by bit.i’m pretty happy that the blog will talk about games starting tomorrow …oh yeahh…btw, jeff do you know if widzardry: labirynth of lost souls will be on the store when it opens? also,i hope that you’ll invite our friends from xseed to chat about the game on the blog :)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

May 16th, 9:21 am

I’m not sure when that game is slated for – I saw a press release on it a week or two ago. We’ll talk to them.

Cat_Corye said:

May 16th, 9:18 am

I was wondering what we do if you brought the B and C for MAG and thanks to the downtime, we miss the play time with them.

Its not really a big deal to me, but it kind of suxs that I might sometime for the things I brought.

Jedi_Jeff said:

May 16th, 9:19 am

Thanks for the update Sony.
I’, looking forward to playing online this week. :)

Jeff

back4more said:

May 16th, 9:19 am

How were some folks able to leave comments here when they were not able to login?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

May 16th, 9:22 am

The cookie that saves your login info lasts for a bit – apparently about 3 weeks for most people.

whitwhit said:

May 16th, 9:20 am

glad to see your back jeff!

Alankamikaza said:

May 16th, 9:20 am

Hell Thanks YOU!!!!!!!!! I LOVE MW2

DELTA-GUNNER said:

May 16th, 9:20 am

just remember everybody, when it comes to Call Of Duty: Black Ops,
DELTA-GUNNER is gunning on the delta!

norcalbwlr said:

May 16th, 9:20 am

Thank you!

PrOdiGy-SNipEst said:

May 16th, 9:21 am

Does anybody got : Modern warefare 2, black ops , littlebigplanet 2 ? add-me.

fogueto said:

May 16th, 9:21 am

finally is back!:)

i am brazilian and i can play now:D

GlassReaver said:

May 16th, 9:21 am

Thankyou Sony, as horrible as this outage was it’s great to be back online, I pity everyone who has just sold their consoles through impatience. Just keep us safe in future.

DeviantBoi said:

May 16th, 9:21 am

If you’re gonna offer free games as part of the Welcome Back package, please don’t make it games that a lot of people – especially the Sony gamers – already own. I’m looking at GoW remakes, inFamous, LBP, which are available to purchase through PSN.

REVENGE_EYE_SEEK said:

May 16th, 9:22 am

How about a BLACK OPS QUAD XP WEEKEND!!!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

May 16th, 10:57 am

hit up @jd_2020 on twitter. I’d be down for that!

MarckV23 said:

May 16th, 9:22 am

Hello guys, i have followed this process from the start as i also wanna play badly ;) but i have some questions for ps3 or just for you guys that i really need somee answers on, first i wanna ask, how can it be that i can log on to psn but still i cant go online for my fifa ? its say the online code need again or what you call it, but when i try to use my old one or just tryin to get a new one theres a error,, :(? and second question, how can it be that fifa ultimate team is not even in the game menu yet ?
+ i can go on my psn account on my ps3 but not on my computer in the ultimate team, hows that ?
hope for some answers from your guys, seems like you are very clever, and good updated on this progress, ;)

FOR THE GAMERS !
otherwise sony you could also give an answer please,

supercubanito said:

May 16th, 9:23 am

great job sony, at least we have online gameplay, besides the store will b backsoon. still though cant wait toget some dlcfor someof my new games,and hopefully it wont be slow ,norover flooded cause i need a few things not to mention that i will take full advantageof the welcomepackage. anyway glad to b back cant wait for C.O.D new map pack , and crysis 2 new map pack. keepup the good work……………THANK YOU SONY!!!!!

arkard1000 said:

May 16th, 9:23 am

please modnation double XP!

OmniGodboy18 said:

May 16th, 9:23 am

DOUBLE XP WEEKEND!!!!!!!

ddb216 said:

May 16th, 9:23 am

Thanks for finally getting us back online and all, but its a tease to get PSN back up and then you can’t play Mortal Kombat online because of the Kombat Pass not working (I’m thinking it works through the PSN Store).

Come on now!!

kemar7856 said:

May 16th, 9:24 am

all these questions have been addressed before and you haven’t give a date for the store

Groovy341 said:

May 16th, 9:24 am

Coolness. Can’t wait to start hearing about the games again and the NGP.

el27ch said:

May 16th, 9:24 am

Thanks for all the info, cant believe we lasted almost a month without PSN

AmericanNinja1 said:

May 16th, 9:25 am

Hey Jeff, Why is the store down? Is that being rebuilt as well or something?

norcalbwlr said:

May 16th, 9:25 am

Can’t thank you guys enough for your hard work. The updates you give us are excellent and a great way to maintain transparency with your users and fan base. FAQs and other daily updates, especially during times of an outage, are crucial to maintaining a solid group of customers who will stand by you. As an aspiring corporate communications director, it is easy to see how communication during a crisis truly shows what kind of company you are invested in. Loyal since 1995, keep up the hard work Sony.

KingBucket said:

May 16th, 9:25 am

I’m so glad to see you guys up and running again. I’m excitedly waiting for the store to be back up, as I’ve already bought a game card, and want to use it. :3

Reginthorn said:

May 16th, 9:26 am

@ DeviantBoi Yeah we deserve an uncommon AAA a game!

huggins1983 said:

May 16th, 9:26 am

Sony, screw all the people that traded there ps3’s for xbox’s, you should only think about the ones that praised you.lol. Thank you for all your hard work and for ensuring we don’t miss anything. PS3 is by far the premeir gaming console for reasons just like this. They do care and did the whole time, they just wanted to get it right. Let’s talk GAMES, couldn’t be happier!!

Christian399 said:

May 16th, 9:26 am

WB Jeff and Sid and all the rest! Glad we can all put this mess behind us and start focusing on the GAMES.

More JRPGs please! I know I’m a broken record! But Agarest Zero, WKC 2, WKC PSP (hopefully), Wizardry, Disgaea 4, Bleach (questionably a JRPG, but still), and Atelier Totori are all hitting between now and September. NISA just posted a really fat profit, so they must be serving their niche audience well. Let’s get some Otaku representation on the blog :)

PAGE 1 2 3 40