Minecraft PS4

PSN FAQ – Restoration Questions Answered

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on May 16, 2011 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Now that PlayStation Network is once again operational, a great many of you are once again enjoying playing games online. Of course, that’s only part of the Network’s offerings – and you’ve got some questions about how the downtime affected planned releases and online events. Here are answers to some of the more pressing queries:

Q: So what exactly is working right now?
A: Sign-in for PlayStation Network and Qriocity (including the resetting of passwords), online gameplay for PS3 and PSP, playback of rental video content on PS3 (if within rental period), Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity on PS3 (for current subscribers), access to services such as Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, and MLB.tv, “Friends” category on PS3 (including Friends List, Chat Functionality, Trophy Comparison, etc), in-game leaderboards, and PlayStation Home.

Q: I’m having trouble changing my password/I forgot which email I used on my account/I used a fake email to set up my account.
A: Click here for a set of tips on resetting your password. If you’ve gone through the process and are waiting for an email from us, please note that the very large number of requests has caused certain ISPs to slow the rate at which recipients get emails from us. Please be patient as the systems work through the backlog.

Q: The PlayStation Store hasn’t updated since April 19th. When can I download digital games that were planned to be released since then?
A: To date, three Tuesday publishes were missed, which included items like Under Siege and the MotorStorm Apocalypse demo. Rest assured that you won’t miss any of this great content. To catch up on the large amount of material, we’ll be publishing to the PlayStation Store multiple times per week once commerce functionality is restored.  We will update the PlayStation.Blog with information on timing of the Store restoration, as well as the full list of new content as each publish occurs.

Q: How will PlayStation Plus members be affected by the PSN downtime? A number of games/items were slated to go live or come down on April 26th.
A: We will be picking back up with the PlayStation Plus content calendar where we left off to ensure that you won’t miss out on anything.

Q: Sucker Punch has indicated that they will extend the inFAMOUS 2 beta. Any details?
A: Sucker Punch is evaluating extending the inFAMOUS 2 beta, as well as expanding its scope. Stay tuned for more details here in the coming days.

Q: Is anything special planned for the SOCOM 4 multiplayer community?
A: Zipper will announce details on activities to re-engage fans of SOCOM 4 who have patiently waited to play online.

Q: What about the Call of Duty: Black Ops Double XP weekend that was missed while PSN was down?
A: We have been in discussions with our friends at Treyarch, and they have ensured that all Call of Duty: Black Ops fans will get an extra Double XP event as soon as PSN comes back online. We don’t have details on timing just yet, but look forward to an announcement as soon as we have news.

Q: How can I redeem the Welcome Back offer that was mentioned by Kazuo Hirai? What’s in it?
A: Hang tight – we’ll be announcing all the details soon.

Q: How can I sign up for the Debix AllClear ID Plus protection announced last week?
A: More details are coming soon.

Q: When will the PlayStation.Blog start talking about games again?
A: Tomorrow! Thank you for bearing with us as our role changed over the past few weeks. We’ll be once again talking games every day leading up to E3, which is just a few short weeks away.

If you’ve got a PSN-related question that remains to be answered, please ask below, and we’ll do our best to answer.

1,969 Comments   12 Replies

PAGE 1 2 3 4 40

+ sam_online on May 16th, 2011 at 9:26 am said:

I can’t log on to Naughty Dog but I can log on to PSN and this blog just fine. Is this an ND problem or something that hasn’t been enabled thru PSN yet?

Thanks

+ robot297 on May 16th, 2011 at 9:26 am said:

Thanks Sony for being so awesome! It feels so good to be back online and playing with fellow PS3 owners. I was getting pretty tired of playing my xbox (although I still actually played my PS3 more to be honest). I know it’s been a hassle for you guys to redo your whole infrastructure (as a person in that field, it’s humanly impossible to do that overnight or a week even). But I’m glad that everything is working again, and that you can bring us our awesome gaming experience once again!

+ GentleFire_TJ on May 16th, 2011 at 9:26 am said:

Hope there”s Double XP!

+ MzEaster on May 16th, 2011 at 9:27 am said:

What about Call of Duty stats that were hacked? Is there a way to remove stat increases and start anew without creating a new user?

+ skipturnstep on May 16th, 2011 at 9:27 am said:

Thank you again! This FAQ is really helpful, hope everyone will get a chance to read it :) Also can’t wait for the Store to be back up, but take your time with it.

And I can’t wait for you to start updating about games again. Must be a good feeling for you all!

+ colstripcapn on May 16th, 2011 at 9:27 am said:

Hopefully the welcome back package will contain something better than themes/minis/avatars/demos/ps1. Hopefully a real game…

Anyways, why will the store be updated multiple times to make up for the missing releases? Why not have the biggest store release ever? It would suck for those who have been waiting awhile forced to wait yet days more for an arbitrary reason (like ‘flooding the market’).

BTW, when trying to post this comment it said I was trying to post too quickly .. this is the only comment I’ve tried to make =O

+ SpectroPR on May 16th, 2011 at 9:28 am said:

dont give us content. just put at least $150.00 in our wallet so WE CAN BUY ANYTHING WE WANT

+ Christian399 on May 16th, 2011 at 9:28 am said:

P.S. Everything I just mentioned is EXCLUSIVE except for Agarest Zero (Agarest 2, seems to be though)!

Finally the PS3 is picking up the PS2 slack to be the premier place for JRPGs! Viva la PlayStation.

+ CrazedZombies91 on May 16th, 2011 at 9:28 am said:

How come i can sign in to my facebook to snych my trophies to my account i know i had my password right is it down at the moment?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 16th, 2011 at 10:59 am said:

It’s working for me and others I’m friends with on FB. Might wanna double check that password.

+ supercubanito on May 16th, 2011 at 9:28 am said:

hey + MarckV23…………….. samehappened to me with crysis 2 but give it time it will connect mine did and i belive its because of the over flow of peopletrying to changepass, or dowqnloading the newupdate ect. so just give it time there is nothing wrong with ur system nor the net, same happens to me sometimes. allshould be perfectsoon and prepare for lags when thestore is back . good luck.

+ Chrystolis on May 16th, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

Here’s hoping the store’s up tomorrow. Got content codes for a couple games to redeem, and a couple game purchases in mind! ;D

+ quills05 on May 16th, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

thanks sony…one more question though. I reserved BRINK and was suppose to receive a game code but since the PSN was down i never received a code. How do i go about getting it now that things are back up and running

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 16th, 2011 at 11:00 am said:

That would likely come from Bethesda, not us.

+ immokalle on May 16th, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

mosh

+ LordRaoh on May 16th, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

I have a question.

Are you guys planning an internal outing/event for all the people involved that helped bring PSN back and bring it back stronger?

I know a lot of you worked very hard and had a lot of obstacles in your way. Not including the barrage of emails and phone calls from customers and partners.

I hope you all have a celebration planned to look back at all that has transpired and how you’ve all survived the outage.

I can only imagine how stressful it’s been for everyone from network engineers to public relations and marketing teams.

Also, anything special planned for E3 regarding PSN services or discussions about the outage or just sticking to the games?

Sony is going to be under the microscope this E3, I don’t envy you.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 16th, 2011 at 11:01 am said:

I appreciate the sentiment, but believe me when I say that having the PSN (partially) back up is a reward all its own.

+ Destiny89 on May 16th, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

Great to be back to the PlayStation family, now all is missing is the store to go online, also any news when you guys will have Beyond Good and Evil HD on? i remember it was said to be in May for PSN

+ GettoYout on May 16th, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

PlayStation for life!! “The brave may yield but never fall”

+ kevin1097 on May 16th, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

There is no loss of face, as long as knowledge is gained.

+ ITokeHash on May 16th, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

IF YOU’RE TRYING TO REDEEM A CODE AND YOU CANT BECAUSE STORE DOESNT WORK I FOUND THE SOLUTION. GO TO THE PLAYSTATION STORE WEBSITE. LOGIN, GO TO ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT AND YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO REDEEM A CODE :).

+ joseph2411 on May 16th, 2011 at 9:31 am said:

Its been a long time since you last posted, eh Jeff? I hope you had a lot of time to make some miniS lol ;)
Just wondering does the extension of the inFAMOUS 2 beta mean the game can get delayed in some form? Thanks

+ xX__-_Dre_-___Xx on May 16th, 2011 at 9:31 am said:

thanks psn

+ Harley_Jim on May 16th, 2011 at 9:31 am said:

It would now seem that the Phoenix is rising from the ashes now that the PSN is back up. And to all of those migrated to another platform favoring short term gratification over long term happiness, I say farewell.

+ Kiddshoxx on May 16th, 2011 at 9:31 am said:

Wow! Thanks Sony looking forward to the Welcome Back Package ….. Well Back To Gaming !!! :)

+ PeacekeeperSun on May 16th, 2011 at 9:31 am said:

Ok so I’ve been hearing all about getting PS+ trial (Basically) and the other services, but what if people like me that don’t and wont ever use them. we get nothing? I would even just settle for some DLC of my choice (not full games, just add-ons)…….

+ mr_weirdo5689 on May 16th, 2011 at 9:32 am said:

NICE SONY

+ TheRazor375 on May 16th, 2011 at 9:32 am said:

Great FAQ!

I was getting tired of people asking these same questions in the forum and online. Now I can just refer them to this blog post.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 16th, 2011 at 11:03 am said:

thank you, that would be well appreciated.

+ XxFLAsniperxX on May 16th, 2011 at 9:32 am said:

I tried to get into my download management to re-download my map packs that aren’t showing up. It will not let me in and says that it is being worked on, any time frame for this so I can get my map packs back??

+ Ruekharle on May 16th, 2011 at 9:32 am said:

Legend of Dragoon on the welcome back package?……Please? -_- not really hoping for much with that but does anyone know if they have a US Release date?

+ Invictus_80 on May 16th, 2011 at 9:32 am said:

I agree, @Masulsa, alot of times companies will be deceptive and issue a statement promising “free good and services” for your loyalty and patience, but what they offer are the defunct, worthless and/or items that were already complimentary to begin with. Let’s just hope that the PSN has more tact and respect for us loyalists than to believe we are that oblivious as to not take no offense to a underhanded tactic like that. We have proven ourselves and our loyalty, now it’s time for the PSN to step it up and hold true to their word. But like all things, time shall tell the worth and future for this enterprise, and a lot will be riding on how they choose to compensate us, their humble but loyal following…

+ huggins1983 on May 16th, 2011 at 9:32 am said:

@JEFF, Were patches for games like NASCAR 11 released under the outage, or will those be coming soon also, really what in these terms(patches,dlc, etc..) did we miss and when can we expect those?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 16th, 2011 at 11:07 am said:

I know that patches were downloading during the downtime, but I don’t know if they were being released for specific games.

+ HeLLeVeN11 on May 16th, 2011 at 9:32 am said:

Thanks for the post Mr. Rubenstein, can’t wait to get PS+ stuff and spend some ca$h on the store :)

+ Pistolio_QC on May 16th, 2011 at 9:32 am said:

Cant wait.

+ killzone11dt on May 16th, 2011 at 9:32 am said:

will there be a discount on the new black ops dlc coming out?

+ Skeeva on May 16th, 2011 at 9:32 am said:

During the outage, I have purchased a second PS3 to watch Netflix, Hulu, etc in another room. When trying to sign in with an existing PSN account. The system says that it is currently undergoing maintenance even though i can sign in from my main PS3 with no problems. Is my new PS3 useless? How do i get it to sign in under the “Sign up for PSN” that it shows where the “sign in” button would normally be?
Thank you for your help!

+ doran25 on May 16th, 2011 at 9:33 am said:

when the playstation store comes up how will we know we have the package FYI i am not a plasystation plus suclblur so i sould get 30 days free but how will i know that

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 16th, 2011 at 11:08 am said:

we’ll share instructions at that time.

+ MarckV23 on May 16th, 2011 at 9:33 am said:

Hey supercubanito, thanks for your answer was great, . but it has did it since yesterday :s in all this time i havent could log on 1 time :( + on the ultimate team on the computer i cant go on my psn account ? only my old one,, but the one i am on with my ps3 right now cant sign in on the easerver on the computer ? :( do you know how that could be or ? :(

+ richied1983 on May 16th, 2011 at 9:33 am said:

HELP! I Bought DC Universe on April 21st and having been able to play at all! Finally the PSN is up and i go to play BUT now i have to redeem a code before i can even get past the menu screen! I’ve been patient and all that but I guess i now have to wait until the PS store comes up unless you know a way i can redeem the code over the internet or the phone! Please help and Welcome back!

+ MANCHESTER_UNTD5 on May 16th, 2011 at 9:33 am said:

will psn ever have cross game chat,we have waited a long time for this?

+ BOBMARKO on May 16th, 2011 at 9:33 am said:

hoping you guys get the store up soon as I had to format my hardrive before the outage and need to redownload all my purchases.

+ mapasPAPA on May 16th, 2011 at 9:33 am said:

ohhhhh when will the restauration emails be recived???

+ evertonlagemann on May 16th, 2011 at 9:33 am said:

Any change for us to see a Brazillian PS Store with this comeback?

+ ShadicSlash on May 16th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

Hey Jeff, where’s the CROSS-GAME CHAT!

+ ElementalBliiss on May 16th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

The only reason I want the store is to download my BRINK DLC and maybe some games I read on the blog [since I actually had time to with the outage]. But I can wait. :)

+ Genesis252 on May 16th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

Thanks Sony, my friend updated her ps3 but every time she tries to sign in it tells her she has to do the update, what can she do to be able to play online with me? (were in the same city)

+ D-Rockp0p on May 16th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

Hey CAn I please get some Help On MY Q&A? I know you said the playstation store will be soon, But is there something you can do For people Who Have to enter in Redeem Codes? Like I cant Play some games I want to online, Like Mortal Kombat And a few EA games. and My sweet Reptile and Ermac Outfit I cant get as well.

+ RockerLOD on May 16th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

I’m glad you guys at Sony took the time to repair the PSN properly.. Our online security was worth the wait.. Thanks again Sony.. Let the killin’ commence!

+ case013 on May 16th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

For those of us who purchased DCUO before everything went down and had not set it up yet, are we doomed to just wait “patiently” for the store to come back online? I purchased my copy the day before the networks was taken offline , and didnt set it up so its just sitting there gathering dust. Waiting wouldnt be such a hassle but i work offshore and I’m gone for 2 weeks at a time minimum and it would be nice to be able to play it some or at the least get some information instead of a wait patiently or itll be up when it comes up.

+ kryyptyyk on May 16th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

Awesome news :] I agree, though~ when can we activate all of our Mortal Kombat codes?? I have ohh about 6 of them I can do nothing about yet.. :( I want my classic Scorpion suit and fatality + online pass + avatars/themes + everything else!

Other than that, welcome back, PSN.

+ Nirone226 on May 16th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

I for one am glad that everything is back to some form of normalcy and thank you Sony for getting things back together.

+ ITokeHash on May 16th, 2011 at 9:35 am said:

@RICHIED1983 i had the same problem, now im downloading the DC universe updates as we speak GO TO THE PLAYSTATION STORE WEBSITE. LOGIN, GO TO ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT AND YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO REDEEM A CODE :).

+ that-acmilan-guy on May 16th, 2011 at 9:35 am said:

Thank god I can comment now! I was wondering, not to sound greedy but are you guys re-evaluating the ‘Welcome back’ goodies? I mean originally PSN was supposed to be back within the 2-week deadline but it turned out more than that so shouldn’t we get a bit more. I am a plus member and I pretty much lost a month’s content :(

PAGE 1 2 3 4 40