PS4 - Destiny

PSN FAQ – Restoration Questions Answered

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on May 16, 2011 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Now that PlayStation Network is once again operational, a great many of you are once again enjoying playing games online. Of course, that’s only part of the Network’s offerings – and you’ve got some questions about how the downtime affected planned releases and online events. Here are answers to some of the more pressing queries:

Q: So what exactly is working right now?
A: Sign-in for PlayStation Network and Qriocity (including the resetting of passwords), online gameplay for PS3 and PSP, playback of rental video content on PS3 (if within rental period), Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity on PS3 (for current subscribers), access to services such as Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, and MLB.tv, “Friends” category on PS3 (including Friends List, Chat Functionality, Trophy Comparison, etc), in-game leaderboards, and PlayStation Home.

Q: I’m having trouble changing my password/I forgot which email I used on my account/I used a fake email to set up my account.
A: Click here for a set of tips on resetting your password. If you’ve gone through the process and are waiting for an email from us, please note that the very large number of requests has caused certain ISPs to slow the rate at which recipients get emails from us. Please be patient as the systems work through the backlog.

Q: The PlayStation Store hasn’t updated since April 19th. When can I download digital games that were planned to be released since then?
A: To date, three Tuesday publishes were missed, which included items like Under Siege and the MotorStorm Apocalypse demo. Rest assured that you won’t miss any of this great content. To catch up on the large amount of material, we’ll be publishing to the PlayStation Store multiple times per week once commerce functionality is restored.  We will update the PlayStation.Blog with information on timing of the Store restoration, as well as the full list of new content as each publish occurs.

Q: How will PlayStation Plus members be affected by the PSN downtime? A number of games/items were slated to go live or come down on April 26th.
A: We will be picking back up with the PlayStation Plus content calendar where we left off to ensure that you won’t miss out on anything.

Q: Sucker Punch has indicated that they will extend the inFAMOUS 2 beta. Any details?
A: Sucker Punch is evaluating extending the inFAMOUS 2 beta, as well as expanding its scope. Stay tuned for more details here in the coming days.

Q: Is anything special planned for the SOCOM 4 multiplayer community?
A: Zipper will announce details on activities to re-engage fans of SOCOM 4 who have patiently waited to play online.

Q: What about the Call of Duty: Black Ops Double XP weekend that was missed while PSN was down?
A: We have been in discussions with our friends at Treyarch, and they have ensured that all Call of Duty: Black Ops fans will get an extra Double XP event as soon as PSN comes back online. We don’t have details on timing just yet, but look forward to an announcement as soon as we have news.

Q: How can I redeem the Welcome Back offer that was mentioned by Kazuo Hirai? What’s in it?
A: Hang tight – we’ll be announcing all the details soon.

Q: How can I sign up for the Debix AllClear ID Plus protection announced last week?
A: More details are coming soon.

Q: When will the PlayStation.Blog start talking about games again?
A: Tomorrow! Thank you for bearing with us as our role changed over the past few weeks. We’ll be once again talking games every day leading up to E3, which is just a few short weeks away.

If you’ve got a PSN-related question that remains to be answered, please ask below, and we’ll do our best to answer.

1,969 Comments   12 Replies

PAGE 1 37 38 39 40

1901

+ longballs40 on May 22nd, 2011 at 6:43 pm said:

my when i log on it still says it is under maintenence????? i thought this isue was resolved

1902

+ prince28ace on May 22nd, 2011 at 7:35 pm said:

I bought a new PS3 as soon as I heard PSN was back up (lost my PS3 for 4 months because of ‘YLOD’) feels great to be back.

@masulsa just be grateful they’re offering anything because they really don’t have to being that the problem occured because of a hacker not because the sold our information.

1903

+ eLegolas on May 22nd, 2011 at 8:47 pm said:

My Netflix isn’t working I just did password reset and am only getting an error message when attempting to open Netflix

1904

+ Marc-FD on May 22nd, 2011 at 11:11 pm said:

That link let you redeem psn codes through your pc. I just try and it worked. You dont need playstation store :)

1905

+ Lycan1284 on May 23rd, 2011 at 5:15 am said:

when will the playstation store be back up again because i got the new MK and i can’t put my code in to get the extra online features so i can play MK online used up the trial please please

1906

+ portgordie on May 23rd, 2011 at 7:12 am said:

more free stuff please, quicker.

1907

+ Klokateer1986 on May 23rd, 2011 at 8:49 am said:

So, what’s the deal with the lack of updates about the PS store? kind of rude to keep us all in the dark like this… I appreciate actual game updates on the blog, but it’s like you are trying to distract us with them, to keep our attention off the fact that the PS store is down, and you aren’t giving us any more information… When will the PS store be up again? A rough estimate is better than NOTHING. Please respond.

1908

+ iGoat20 on May 23rd, 2011 at 10:24 am said:

@therealacevenom

-Good work, where?

1909

+ bensoflyyy on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:59 am said:

can i now sign in to psn and play online, i am from asia, specifically from the ph but i am registered in the us because i had a vacation there and i registered there using my cousin’s ps3

1910

+ wumonk36 on May 23rd, 2011 at 2:35 pm said:

Just wondering if anyone knows what’s going on with availability of DLC .. I got the new Mortal Kombat and can’t access any special features or enter the code it came with ?????????

1911

+ wumonk36 on May 23rd, 2011 at 2:42 pm said:

my system lets me log in, i have changed my password, downloaded the update and logged in again and it still says under maintenance???Can’t access the store either????

1912

+ MystiQrats1 on May 23rd, 2011 at 7:46 pm said:

It is now 5/23/2011 still no playstation store why is that sony.
I can’t even get to my stuff I paid for and downloaded for games
I have.
I am one of those loyal playstation gamer’s that had the psn psx psone ps2 that got
was so powerful they had to take it back because of the being able to control
warheads and still stuck with you through the fact that my otherOs was taken April 1
Which most thought was a joke But not me I brought the system because I love sony systems
at 599.00 plus tax when the system first came out and delt with the fact part of my
system had just been taken. Know we have this long wait with a system that should
never been cracked into in the first place seeing how we can’t use ydl anymore of course that
is why our OtherOs was taken right.

1913

+ MystiQrats1 on May 23rd, 2011 at 7:47 pm said:

Geoholt and other hackers were to blame you say but when it all boils down I say it the power
of control and yet your fans remain loyal when we had the choice of losing our online play
or our Linix format for those of us who have the original system and partitioned 10gb of a 40 or 60gb system
and cant get the memory back so I say thank you for the half of the system we have now thank you sony for
using your muti-billion dollar corp. power. System’s are subject to change when ever you want.
hopefully car dealerships don’t get smart like you otherwise everyone would be losing the tires off of their cars.

1914

+ DrAcoustic on May 23rd, 2011 at 9:19 pm said:

I’m not sure if this thread is dead by now, but no one has asked about money that was in your wallet. Will we still have our funds, or is that money long gone?

1915

+ dragonebl179 on May 23rd, 2011 at 9:59 pm said:

i was told by my friend that the north american welcome back package is going to to end on midnight on may 24th, yet by the looks of it, it seems like people are still unable to log into the ps3 store, will this welcome back package be extended? cause i really want infamous

1916

+ HuntingHunter69 on May 23rd, 2011 at 10:51 pm said:

Sony

Part 1 of 2

If sony crack down on companies ALLOWING hackers to continue and do whatever they want then this will keep on happening. I do say ALLOWING because Infinity Ward and Treyarch are not cracking down on hacking. I know this for a fact because most of the time I only play online and see a lot of hacking. You cant even play any of there older games online because they dont care to update it and stop the hackers. I pay $100 (including map packs) every year to play there games and if I want to play a game that is a year or 2 old I should be able too, but I cant because its been hacked to death. It is very disappointing that I can only play the newest game released. Try it out play some of the older Call of Duty and see how you like it now. The hackers think “if I can hack the older games and get away with it how about I try the newest game out”. Then they get away with that and think “I hacked a new game and didnt get caught what else can I hack and get away with”. This is why PSN was hack.

1917

+ HuntingHunter69 on May 23rd, 2011 at 10:52 pm said:

Part 2 of 2

Its kind of like the saying “it doesnt get fixed until someone gets hurt”. Sony needs to crack down on companies no keeping up with the hackers and not bothering to keep track of their games new and old. They companies dont want to bother with older games because it “cost them money”. That is not right and needs to be fixed years ago. Thats what people pay for is to play games and to have them updated. Yes it cost them money to keep up with them, but thats what we pay for and the companies are just trying to cheap out especially on older games. All the gaming companies need to have the whip cracked down on the and straighten them out. Tell them Sony is not going to put up with this and want it to stop. Work with the gaming companies and together with Sony stop the hackers.

1918

+ AfrikanJungle on May 23rd, 2011 at 10:52 pm said:

Does anyone know when the PSN Store will be back up?

1919

+ Xen_Chaotik on May 24th, 2011 at 12:32 am said:

@410 Regardless of rumors,There won’t be any pay for play.

1920

+ Xen_Chaotik on May 24th, 2011 at 12:34 am said:

I heard the store will be up on the 24 if not the 30th of this month,But then again i’m not sure myself.

1921

+ Deadspawn44 on May 24th, 2011 at 6:57 am said:

when will florida b able to go to the playstation store.just wondering!!!

1922

+ Valrauk on May 24th, 2011 at 9:50 am said:

So, i bought a psn card the day the outage began, what will happen to it (and all the other cards for that matter)? i mean did they expire? and if so, would there be some sort of extension for the expiration date or something like that?

1923

+ Mavrikk211 on May 24th, 2011 at 12:11 pm said:

WHEN WILL PLAYSTATION STORE BE BACK?

1924

+ Xmanny23 on May 24th, 2011 at 2:50 pm said:

i still can’t get pass the ” an error occurred communication with the server” message. anybody help!

1925

+ Xmanny23 on May 24th, 2011 at 2:51 pm said:

on the
store

1926

+ estebanG1259 on May 24th, 2011 at 10:19 pm said:

YES! I want the new call of duty: first strike map packs, i got the PS3 after the playstation network was down =( i can play now! Good job SONY, I always knew you guys were better than the “360″

1927

+ gh44gh55 on May 25th, 2011 at 8:49 am said:

When’s the welcome package coming ?

1928

+ AaronAustin28 on May 25th, 2011 at 11:51 am said:

Hey Sony why did update 3.61 mess up my PS3? I’m not the only one. We need a new fixed update. Don’t tell me the update didn’t mess up my PS3. It’s kind of weird that my PS3 slim 250 gig has been working great than updated to 3.61 and bam now it freezes all the time on the main menu, games and movies.

1929

+ xxTyanxx on May 26th, 2011 at 2:59 am said:

What about the people who got the PS3 just before the attacks? I got my PS3 the day before the attacks. Are we still eligible for the Welcome Back package? And what about my Homefront Multipayer code? Will the time be extended or will i get a new code?

1930

+ Clark_Westfield on May 26th, 2011 at 6:00 am said:

please dont wait till the last day of May to get to the store back up… to do that seem as though your waiting till the last minute which i really want to doubt is actually the case

1931

+ bLiNdz77 on May 26th, 2011 at 8:10 am said:

Please, give us an update on when the PSN Store will be back up. I miss playing demos on games that interest me!

1932

+ L_SNIPER_CpT_310 on May 26th, 2011 at 9:59 am said:

i cant post a comment

1933

+ strmywthr78 on May 26th, 2011 at 11:36 am said:

When will the PSN Store be back? I want the map pack for Black Ops…..

1934

+ MySacOnUrChin on May 26th, 2011 at 12:05 pm said:

so when is the store going to be active again ??? C’Mon…… it’s been over a week now -

1935

+ wondertaco9998 on May 26th, 2011 at 3:59 pm said:

when will escallation map and playstation store be available to cincinnati,ohio

1936

+ BlazeBird98 on May 26th, 2011 at 8:01 pm said:

i want the store

1937

+ Demonlees69 on May 27th, 2011 at 1:19 am said:

when will the playstation store be back online and will yall have the downloadable stuff for mortal kombat

1938

+ Cannibasowns on May 27th, 2011 at 9:04 am said:

@1937 and rest asking about the store they are unwilling to give us the respect to gives us atleast some comments on whats going on at PS all i have seen for this past week is people asking questions and getting no help what so ever. They keep making posts about new crap there coming out with games demo’s accessories etc. Yet cant take the time to reply to people who are practicly either ranting or begging on there knees for some help or info. SOOO NOT COOL

1939

+ animergamer04 on May 27th, 2011 at 1:08 pm said:

I would like to say something about the PSN store complaints if you look at the first page and second post they are going to notify us, but honestly I agree it’s a when will it come? If you honestly want to know try contacting them on phone and ask. I have a hunch but if alot of people try asking customer service I have the feeling they will respond sooner. I know the cooperation of Sony as a company would feel pretty nice. I understand they got to go through everything with a fine toothed comb and make sure the upgrades are working properly in phases. I’m happy about the return of the online play, but for the people who have pay to play games on the system. I find it pretty much bad business to keep these people waiting until the last drop sort of speak. I know that a phone call was made about DCUO and Free realms, I was talking to my friend and he had to get his son some info about free realms and stuff. I heard from my buddy that the time is possibly already on the account even when it doesn’t show up.

1940

+ animergamer04 on May 27th, 2011 at 1:09 pm said:

I really doubt that, I say it’s an bunch of crazy nonsense. Also in response to DrAcoustic I was asking about the wallet myself on the previous page. It would be nice if sony would tell us if that will be intact or we are having some kind of reimbursed credit. I would love to know about the PSN Store wallets myself. So how about it sony? Do we got answers to these issues?

1941

+ rohn13 on May 27th, 2011 at 1:51 pm said:

I’m a playstation plus customer that already owns every single game that is available in the welcome back package, and it looks like the store is going to be down close to two months, so the 60 day extension is just compensating me for lost time. Basically my question is does Sony have any intention to reward there very best customers like myself for their patience, because the welcome back package isn’t doing anything for me. I own 100+ games on Blu-ray discs and just about as many Playstation Network games. It just doesn’t seem fair that Sony is doing absolutely nothing for it very best customers who have already owned these good, but aging welcome back games. The welcome back program should have seperate tiers, rewarding the mega customers like myself far more than the casual Playstation customer that only owns a few games. You guys at Sony need to give this some serious thought because you really don’t want to lose customers like me who buy at least one retail game a week and average a couple of PSN games a week, because we’re feeling very unappreciated right now.

1942

+ sora_tms_71 on May 27th, 2011 at 4:49 pm said:

I just bought a ps3 today (I already had a psn account because I have a psp) but anyways I also bought COD, but it wont allow me to sign in? it says its under maintenance?

1943

+ IRA_RIOS on May 27th, 2011 at 7:13 pm said:

I think at this point it can no longer be called a “welcome back package”. More like a “thanks for stickin it out” package. Oh well, stop being crybabies, sony isn’t your mother, be glad you can play online which is the most important part of psn.

1944

+ zbril on May 27th, 2011 at 8:12 pm said:

any updates on the welcome back offer yet I haven’t heard or seen anything.

1945

+ OPALA_79 on May 27th, 2011 at 11:04 pm said:

Sony was incompetent / apparel!
How a company like Sony can be hacked and so much time off the air??
Think … Lack of preparation, and as stated incompetent interns …
Now they come like that welcome to shut the mouths of fools who were more than one month without playing and without the online store because they can not even take care of a hacker …
Seriously, I regret to have believed at Sony, I’m not like this bunch of sycophants who come here to talk and thinking that will gain from this, and we consumers pay for a service that is not being provided, do not want excuses or games that are not worth nothing as a way of silencing the mass that was marred by a company that was thought to be serious
Regrettable that the treatment received from a multinational like Sony …
I want to do then put other console on the market offering this type of service

1946

+ shaucy07 on May 27th, 2011 at 11:37 pm said:

why cant i redeem my code to play online??

1947

+ shaucy07 on May 27th, 2011 at 11:41 pm said:

why cant i redeem my code to play online?? on need for speed hot pursuit

1948

+ Littlegunner360 on May 28th, 2011 at 8:20 am said:

good i coudln’t remember my old passward

1949

+ PoppaDawg on May 28th, 2011 at 8:41 am said:

@rohn13
Would you shut the EXPLETIVE UP….the good customers the mega customers. Dude if you buy one game a week…every single week…and have so many PSN games..dude you have no life. Do you realize how much of an idiot you sound like. “They should do more for us mega customers than those casual customers”. Can you say 40 year old virgin, or probably just a teenage one….

1950

+ Sloan_Blackhart on May 28th, 2011 at 9:16 am said:

does the PSN have a slight idea when it’ll be open in the state of TN?

PAGE 1 37 38 39 40