PS4-Watch_Dogs

Enjoy Double XP for Call of Duty: Black Ops This Weekend – Only on PS3

Dan Amrich's Avatar + Posted by Dan Amrich on May 19, 2011 // Community Manager, Activision

Welcome_to_Nuketown

Leo Tolstoy once said, “The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.” Ask any PlayStation gamer who missed out on the Call of Duty: Black Ops double XP weekend a few weeks ago, and they’ll tell you: Leo knew what he was talking about. While other platforms soaked up the extra experience points, PS3 gamers had to hang in there while PlayStation put everything in order behind the scenes. In cases like that, patience isn’t a virtue — patience is a pain in the butt.

As the double-XP date loomed nearer, more and more PlayStation gamers wondered if they’d be able to take part in the festivities, and Treyarch – developer of Black Ops – swore to fans that they would not be forgotten. This weekend, they’re quickly making good on that promise, with a double-XP period that lasts from this Friday, May 20th at 10am all the way through the weekend and beyond – the good stuff keeps coming until 10am on Tuesday the 24th. What’s more, that’s going to be even sweeter thanks to a Nuketown 24/7 playlist that’s being added just for the event. Nuketown is my favorite map because it’s small and chaotic – and the close confines often result in high kill counts, which can really push you to the next level of Prestige in a hurry during a bonus XP weekend. It’s a fast, intense map – but don’t let that stop you from uncovering some of Nuketown’s hidden secrets.

So if the two most powerful warriors are patience and time…well, you’ve been patient, and it took some time. This weekend, enjoy being the warrior.

1,089 Comments   72 Replies

PAGE 1 18 19 20 21 22

+ Eric_Gamer98 on May 22nd, 2011 at 7:20 pm said:

this was my first one and im about to 5th prestiege

+ Eric_Gamer98 on May 22nd, 2011 at 7:22 pm said:

someone else needs to post…… i feel soooo alone cause i CANT BE PLAYING ON A DOUBLE XP WEEKEND!!!

+ Eric_Gamer98 on May 22nd, 2011 at 7:27 pm said:

goodnight everyone, add me if u want a 4p-l40(4th prestiege level 40)

+ Phoenix_Pharaoh on May 22nd, 2011 at 7:32 pm said:

why dont they just keep nuketown 24/7 up all the time

+ Phoenix_Pharaoh on May 22nd, 2011 at 7:33 pm said:

is xbox going to get mw3 before ps3 gets it?……………..i hope they dont

+ Phoenix_Pharaoh on May 22nd, 2011 at 7:46 pm said:

everyone who wants to have another week of double xp and nuketown 24/7 post a quote that says i

+ Phoenix_Pharaoh on May 22nd, 2011 at 7:46 pm said:

i

+ david00714 on May 22nd, 2011 at 7:57 pm said:

its funny how i was 14th prestige rank 50 needing 30000 more xp and did a 30000 xp challenge and prestiged then i got to rank 50 15th prestige that same day starting at 3:30 now i have 4 gold guns

+ david00714 on May 22nd, 2011 at 7:57 pm said:

i

+ alien-workshop- on May 22nd, 2011 at 8:14 pm said:

Sigh….its sad how fast double xp weekends go by.

+ CoolKidMatrix on May 22nd, 2011 at 8:25 pm said:

+ infected on May 22nd, 2011 at 9:03 pm said:

HqKClan.com is recruiting for Call of Duty Divisions. If you have a clan, or want to join a solid clan, come register and submit your application. If you dont see a Division of the game you play, Request to Open a new division and Lead your own Division! HqK Clan – High Quality Killers

+ videogamer_531 on May 22nd, 2011 at 9:28 pm said:

black ops sucks and only people that suck at battlefield games play that

+ xXExSoTicxX on May 22nd, 2011 at 9:30 pm said:

was double xp only in the weekends is it finshed lol

+ PerFecT-KiLLer94 on May 22nd, 2011 at 9:30 pm said:

I….. And I hope DAN give at least double xp one more day making it the 25….. At least as a gift for my birthday the 29… What you say DAN?

Dan Amrich's Avatar

+ Dan Amrich on May 23rd, 2011 at 1:57 pm said:

I don’t control the double XP, but it’s already been extended an extra day — I think that’s very nice of them, and asking for more just seems greedy. :)

+ xXExSoTicxX on May 22nd, 2011 at 9:32 pm said:

yeaya i was on 1 prestige now im on 6th prestige in 2 days thanxz double xp ur the best

+ xXExSoTicxX on May 22nd, 2011 at 9:34 pm said:

huhh when will double xp end

+ PerFecT-KiLLer94 on May 22nd, 2011 at 9:36 pm said:

@947
It ends the 24 bro

+ xXExSoTicxX on May 22nd, 2011 at 9:37 pm said:

when r the new map packs out on ps3 Escalation is already out on 360 stink anyone know

+ videogamer_531 on May 22nd, 2011 at 9:42 pm said:

and black ops, its a favorite among hackers and cheaters.i should be able to get my 64.00 back for this sorry attempt at a game.ill never buy another cod game for as long as i live.and that whole host migration thing is f’in rediculous,activision and treyarch should be shot for running junk servers like that.bottonline activision has failed again in my book.

Dan Amrich's Avatar

+ Dan Amrich on May 23rd, 2011 at 2:32 pm said:

Host migration happens when someone who is hosting backs out of the game, loses connection, or something like that. It might be an inconvenience but if the host didn’t migrate, the game would simply end, right then and there — which would be a heck of a lot worse. It’s the nature of peer-to-peer games, and a lot of different titles use this system.

So…I agree, it’s sometimes a drag. But once I understood why it was there, it bugged me less.

+ truekiler1234567 on May 22nd, 2011 at 10:23 pm said:

could there be a double points week when the psn store back up and when are the ps3 gamers going to get the new pack that 360 already got?

+ incarserated on May 22nd, 2011 at 10:30 pm said:

i just got this game of friday and i have to say im very dissapointed in the graphics but after getting use to the maps and saw what was diff from mw2 i love all the attachments and equipment but i hate the secondary,but with the new addition zombies im very sattisfied.love the dbl xp

+ cresboy20 on May 22nd, 2011 at 11:12 pm said:

when is the new map pack coming out for PS3?

+ Lazy_bones on May 22nd, 2011 at 11:33 pm said:

i <3 Sony

+ sadprice410 on May 22nd, 2011 at 11:41 pm said:

The map pack should be out on the 3rd. Hopefully the market will be up by then.

Dan Amrich's Avatar

+ Dan Amrich on May 23rd, 2011 at 1:59 pm said:

Escalation is confirmed for PC on June 3rd, but its PS3 arrival will depend in part on when the PlayStation Store returns. I know they are working on that as we speak, so hopefully it will be that same date — but to be clear, no date has been announced for the PS3 release of Escalation yet. Don’t talk yourself into something if it winds up not being the 3rd.

+ DaB3AsT0Fb3aStS on May 22nd, 2011 at 11:49 pm said:

i leveled 20 so farsince 24 7 nuke

+ racoon403 on May 22nd, 2011 at 11:54 pm said:

Can we expect a discount on anything? Because I’ve been waiting a while for this new map pack and from what I’ve seen/played It’s really good :)

Also anymore updates on psn?

+ Srg-JJ on May 22nd, 2011 at 11:54 pm said:

When are the extra zombie maps for black ops out for dlc? If anyone has any info that would be highly appreciated…

+ tj_boi on May 23rd, 2011 at 1:26 am said:

nice.. <3

+ kanjkanj on May 23rd, 2011 at 2:36 am said:

this is GREAT!!!!. I HEARD THAT ITS GUNNA NUKETOWN 24/7 IS GUNNA BE ON EVERY WEEKEND. hope this is true.

Dan Amrich's Avatar

+ Dan Amrich on May 23rd, 2011 at 1:59 pm said:

Not that I know of. Nuke 24/7 is reserved for special occasions and I do not believe it will be up every weekend.

+ killa_david_007 on May 23rd, 2011 at 3:30 am said:

need team mates for mw2 and black ops got 8 already but not enough add this profile and DRUNKINNINJA09 and KILLA_MATHEW_007 add now represent BURN

+ Gwailoh- on May 23rd, 2011 at 4:03 am said:

Shame I missed out on this! But thank you so much for the hospitality and repayment, Dan! Hope you all fragged the heck out of each other! (I prefer dual pythons)

+ KINGstarBUDDY on May 23rd, 2011 at 4:48 am said:

omg. i need the store. i bought a $20 card hoping the store would be back up

+ BossGypsy on May 23rd, 2011 at 4:57 am said:

Will PSN Asia be getting a similar event? The network is still down for us…. :(

+ rashcroft on May 23rd, 2011 at 5:01 am said:

Can we not have Nuketown 24/7, well, 24/7?

+ LDAGO1 on May 23rd, 2011 at 5:49 am said:

Dan Amrich's Avatar

+ Dan Amrich on May 23rd, 2011 at 2:00 pm said:

Different developers, different games. MW2 received double XP several weekends last year.

+ LDAGO1 on May 23rd, 2011 at 5:54 am said:

Anyways….thats was last weekend…i but this comment to late “Ok, You give things to people for Black ops? Like double XP , But not Modern Warfare 2? Not fair……. :( :\ ” but its not fair……Thx for everything anyways.

+ krazykilla2043 on May 23rd, 2011 at 6:23 am said:

I went from LVL 12 to LVL 25. (got game during outage).

+ Jjoxford2007 on May 23rd, 2011 at 6:40 am said:

I think Treyarch should make a game solely based off the story behind Zombies mode on World at War/Black Ops. You could still slap Call of Duty on the title too. Call it something like “Call of Duty: Zombies!” I’m sure it would sell tons, because a lot of people including myself want to know all there is behind the zombies, element 115, and most of all what each characters role in the story is. Since the game in its entirety would be about zombies, Campaign mode would most likely reflect the back story as well as the story thus far in Black Ops, and beyond. Also available would be Co-op Campaign, and multiplayer. Multiplayer wouldn’t be like it is on all the other COD games. This feature would be the “survive wave after wave of zombies” kind of deal. One thing that I would want to be able to do is the ability to level up.

+ Jjoxford2007 on May 23rd, 2011 at 6:40 am said:

By leveling up, you would receive various benefits. Start with more cash in the beginning of the game, gain 1 clip of ammo for each gun you have after each round, unlock the ability to have 3 guns, ability to start the game with a different pistol(4 total, each varying in attachments/power), more money per kill, after each round gain money = to # of zombies YOU killed x 10, and buy things for 25% off(Including perk machines and guns off the wall, but excluding the box). Map packs would consist of 5 new zombie levels to play on, or 3 new zombie missions and 2 zombie maps. Anyways, those are just my ideas since I love playing zombies a lot on Black ops. The least they should do is add leveling in zombies on Black Ops. Have it separate from multiplayer leveling of course, but with some of my ideas as far as things you unlock. But, I can’t make Treyarch do something they don’t want to do ^_^!

+ Jjoxford2007 on May 23rd, 2011 at 6:41 am said:

Oh and you would need to equip these abilites…max of 2 on at one time.

+ younzghost on May 23rd, 2011 at 7:17 am said:

YEA EM GLAD TO SOME OF THE NETWORK IS BACK UP BUT WHEN IAM GETTING READY TO PLAY BLACK OPS IT CAN SEEN TO FIND ANY ONLINE PLAYER I MEAN I UPDATE MY DATA AN EVERYTHING I LOG IN TO THE SEVER AN GO TO PLAYSTATION NETWORK AN ALL IT HAVE ME DOING IT WAITING FOR POTENIAL PLAYER AN I GET NOTHING EVERY TIME SO SONY WASSUP WITH THAT I HEAR EVERYONE LOGGIN IN AN PLAYIN ONLINE BUT I CANT SEEN TO JOIN ANY ONLINE PLAYER WHY?????

+ younzghost on May 23rd, 2011 at 7:19 am said:

YEA EM GLAD TO SOME OF THE NETWORK IS BACK UP BUT WHEN IAM GETTING READY TO PLAY BLACK OPS IT CANT SEEN TO FIND ANY ONLINE PLAYER I MEAN I UPDATE MY DATA AN EVERYTHING I LOG IN TO THE SEVER AN GO TO PLAYSTATION NETWORK AN ALL IT HAVE ME DOING IT WAITING FOR POTENIAL PLAYER AN I GET NOTHING EVERY TIME SO SONY WASSUP WITH THAT I HEAR EVERYONE LOGGIN IN AN PLAYIN ONLINE BUT I CANT SEEN TO JOIN ANY ONLINE PLAYER WHY?????

+ hell_boy_kill on May 23rd, 2011 at 7:29 am said:

Hey Dan i have something to ask what do I do to level up fast on black ops because I I’m on my 8 prestige level 43 but I got 10 day play but I tried to catch up with the days.

Dan Amrich's Avatar

+ Dan Amrich on May 23rd, 2011 at 2:33 pm said:

One of the reasons people are excited about Nuketown 24/7 is that it’s a small, chaotic map with very high kill counts. Playing Nuketown (and doing well on it) is one of the best ways to gain levels quickly…if you can stay alive. Which I generally cannot. :)

+ dudefacetimbomac on May 23rd, 2011 at 7:53 am said:

I have to…. get the GOLDEN CAMO!!! WITH THE GUNS!! camping time LOL

+ dudefacetimbomac on May 23rd, 2011 at 7:54 am said:

Double XP…. Double the FUN…. :)

+ dudefacetimbomac on May 23rd, 2011 at 7:55 am said:

Add me if you think you can beat me Call of Duty Black Ops…… ( 1 on 1 )

+ dudefacetimbomac on May 23rd, 2011 at 7:56 am said:

Don’t worry im not a noob .. lol

+ dudefacetimbomac on May 23rd, 2011 at 7:57 am said: