PS4-Watch_Dogs

Enjoy Double XP for Call of Duty: Black Ops This Weekend – Only on PS3

Dan Amrich's Avatar + Posted by Dan Amrich on May 19, 2011 // Community Manager, Activision

Welcome_to_Nuketown

Leo Tolstoy once said, “The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.” Ask any PlayStation gamer who missed out on the Call of Duty: Black Ops double XP weekend a few weeks ago, and they’ll tell you: Leo knew what he was talking about. While other platforms soaked up the extra experience points, PS3 gamers had to hang in there while PlayStation put everything in order behind the scenes. In cases like that, patience isn’t a virtue — patience is a pain in the butt.

As the double-XP date loomed nearer, more and more PlayStation gamers wondered if they’d be able to take part in the festivities, and Treyarch – developer of Black Ops – swore to fans that they would not be forgotten. This weekend, they’re quickly making good on that promise, with a double-XP period that lasts from this Friday, May 20th at 10am all the way through the weekend and beyond – the good stuff keeps coming until 10am on Tuesday the 24th. What’s more, that’s going to be even sweeter thanks to a Nuketown 24/7 playlist that’s being added just for the event. Nuketown is my favorite map because it’s small and chaotic – and the close confines often result in high kill counts, which can really push you to the next level of Prestige in a hurry during a bonus XP weekend. It’s a fast, intense map – but don’t let that stop you from uncovering some of Nuketown’s hidden secrets.

So if the two most powerful warriors are patience and time…well, you’ve been patient, and it took some time. This weekend, enjoy being the warrior.

1,089 Comments   72 Replies

PAGE 1 19 20 21 22

+ dudefacetimbomac on May 23rd, 2011 at 7:58 am said:

O_O 1000

+ TWO_niNJa_4_u on May 23rd, 2011 at 8:42 am said:

cannnnnt wait :) cant wait for escalation either :D

+ AngeredAngel on May 23rd, 2011 at 8:57 am said:

thanks for letting us know right when it was starting instead of a week or two in advanced
i dont get to check the blog everyday…so by the time i heard about it ,it was pretty much over….
it’d be nice if you guys could give an advanced notice.so that i can appreciate the welcome back program to its full extent.. dont just spring it on people! and then tell them its part of the welcome back program!!!!!!!
lets get it together sony and please dont consider this a complete complaint just information from a concerned
gamer………=>

+ biglance187 on May 23rd, 2011 at 9:12 am said:

Its funny ive been playn all day no dubble xp at all and friday night too so wats the deal

+ bowlingbob43 on May 23rd, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

Does anyone knows when the PSN Store will be open

+ biglance187 on May 23rd, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

So wats the real deal iwas playn on friday and today and no dubble xp wats worse im just finding out now cauls i was checkn on our welcom back and psn store update to find this out wats more im not gettn dubble xp right now fix this and straitn up soldiers let us know a cupple days in advance on the game not on here alone some people dount even check out blogs put it in the the counter section of the game so every one knows

+ cortez123738 on May 23rd, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

i like it

+ Rachet_Razor on May 23rd, 2011 at 10:00 am said:

crappy maps they should take suggestions i been watching youtube of the xbox side. zombie maps only thing good.

For this i say.
I declare you fired for releasing stupid updates.
I’m enjoying the double XP though.

+ Lemon_Haze-421 on May 23rd, 2011 at 10:28 am said:

when the store gonna be up

+ hyped23 on May 23rd, 2011 at 10:42 am said:

having a ball aleady

+ Ifubaryou on May 23rd, 2011 at 10:46 am said:

Too bad all the hackers are on. The network is worse now then before the outage.

+ ACR_EXPERT23 on May 23rd, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

when is playstation store up??? and will it be up before the map pack for black ops comes out

+ EatCornPOPS on May 23rd, 2011 at 10:50 am said:

Man, I had a fun weekend with Black Ops. I got pwned, and pwned. Good times. @1012 Tomorrow! :D

+ CnGmutil8tors on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

@2003
first off tryarch told gamers they would make up for ps3 gamers loss of the double xp weekend that they missed so we had about 3 weeks notice about this and furthermore this is not part of the welcome back package infact this double xp (4 day) weekend was provided by treyarch as they control the servers and what goes on with there game. you cant really blame them because you didnt read up on it.

+ chomar1 on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:19 am said:

I like turtles.

+ ZombieSlap on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:30 am said:

Im EXTREMELY annoyed at treyarch… I woke up one morning hoping to play a good game of black ops.. then BAM “This console has been permanently banned from the black ops servers”. I mean they haven’t even told me why!?
Well…. I can’t wait for Battlefield 3. :)

+ joey13727 on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:59 am said:

DOUBLE POINT WEEKEND HAS BEEN GREAT!!!! I want to thank sony for making sure we didnt miss out on anything due to the outage we had. I do wish we had some different options on the welcome back package sony is giving us. I dont play all that many diffrent games on my PS3. I usually stick to sport games such as Madden and the COD franchise. I’d give the whole package back in exchange for 15 dollars of PS store credit to purchase the next map pack for black ops. Either way though I appreciate what we are getting and once again thank you so much for all your had work sony. OH sorry Dan any news on when the new map back will be available on the PS3??????????

+ toonfsdb12 on May 23rd, 2011 at 12:02 pm said:

I’m already 15th prestige rank 50 last 6 months ago, so why double XP for weekend only? I just wonder..

+ JambiFrogg79 on May 23rd, 2011 at 12:22 pm said:

Please Please Please Leave NukeTown 24/7 on FOREVER!!! WE LOVE IT!!!!!

Dan Amrich's Avatar

+ Dan Amrich on May 23rd, 2011 at 1:57 pm said:

I think that would seriously unbalance the universe.

+ EatCornPOPS on May 23rd, 2011 at 12:26 pm said:

@1018 They usually have these only on the weekends just because. Either they’re feeling really generous or special events. etc. :)

+ joey13727 on May 23rd, 2011 at 12:29 pm said:

Zombieslap, they usually do that if they have complaints from other users that you are boosting to prestige faster. If they receive complaints they review your last few matches to confirm and then ban you for a short period of time. You should be allowed back into the servers shortly but you may have lost all your online achivements.

+ nemenex on May 23rd, 2011 at 12:44 pm said:

omg i missed 3 days!?!?!?!?!?! D: well im gonna try and hop on tonight and tomorrow :)

+ DR-J1980 on May 23rd, 2011 at 1:29 pm said:

I would love to see them keep the 24/7 nuketown!!!!

+ CnGmutil8tors on May 23rd, 2011 at 1:32 pm said:

all cheats should be banned for life in my opinion. they ruin the game for the genuine gamers and if i could ask treyarch for one thing it would be to find a way to find the people cheating on their games easier, and making an example out of them. some people complain about the game, some the guns and other people moan about the maps but i dont think anything needs to change in terms of the game, just in terms of the cheats, they are the only reason i would ever stop playing the cod franchise.

+ dragonleader33 on May 23rd, 2011 at 2:40 pm said:

I have been playing with a few friends since it came back up. I am not a prestige person but the double xp surely pulled some people on for me to demolish over the weekend. So thanks!

Also seen your post on twitter. I LOL.

+ xXAFG-KiLLeR3Xx on May 23rd, 2011 at 3:15 pm said:

@sameer12152000 shut up we get it your good at black ops you idiot stop anoyying people i bet i can merk you little indian ass open

Dan Amrich's Avatar

+ Dan Amrich on May 23rd, 2011 at 3:24 pm said:

Wow…less racism, okay? Disagree if you want but I don’t think there’s need for personal insults.

+ krazykilla2043 on May 23rd, 2011 at 4:03 pm said:

I don’t care if you take away double xp but please don’t take away nuketown 24/7. PPPLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSE, Dan

+ JambiFrogg79 on May 23rd, 2011 at 4:10 pm said:

unbalance?… or is it the “missing link”? It could bring about world peace and get our astronauts to mars.

+ krazykilla2043 on May 23rd, 2011 at 4:10 pm said:

Dan, you still replying

+ demonslayer559 on May 23rd, 2011 at 4:16 pm said:

how come my playstation store is not not working; if thats not working does my monthly plus still work if im not use it?

+ brandon4656 on May 23rd, 2011 at 4:20 pm said:

I leveled up 10 times this weekend. Does that make me a loser? haha

+ doxtatordakota on May 23rd, 2011 at 4:23 pm said:

add me doxtatordakota round 31 zombies i play ever day so we can play mulitplayer and zoms

+ JambiFrogg79 on May 23rd, 2011 at 4:27 pm said:

@Jjoxford2007… Not a bad idea imo. Maybe on the next COD they could throw in a few campaign levels of “Zombies” to give us the story. Perhaps the last two levels of the game. That way zombies mode wouldn’t be redundant. I do like what you got so far tho

+ JambiFrogg79 on May 23rd, 2011 at 4:28 pm said:

I don’t think so Brandon4656. I was lvl 31 and am almost at prestige. lol

+ Assasinator0240 on May 23rd, 2011 at 4:40 pm said:

level 35 => level 45 in 3 days :)

+ Buckis2002 on May 23rd, 2011 at 5:09 pm said:

Sadly I can’t play double xp anymore but I only got from level 42-49 and in one round got over 32,000 xp including chalengas on nuketown with demolition with a submachine gun and I think above 1.00 kill ratio in that match (it was super fun)

+ Rocky-W107 on May 23rd, 2011 at 5:10 pm said:

How often is there a double xp weekend? Can this happen every couple months?

+ k5023dead_villan on May 23rd, 2011 at 5:43 pm said:

turn play station store on please

+ JustinIsServed on May 23rd, 2011 at 5:49 pm said:

QUICK QUESTION, Did XBOX and PC Get Nuketown 24/7, or is it just fr PSN Members?

+ JustinIsServed on May 23rd, 2011 at 5:50 pm said:

for** ^^

+ Codster34 on May 23rd, 2011 at 6:04 pm said:

Double XP FTW! :D

+ ESTOLAS97 on May 23rd, 2011 at 6:05 pm said:

why cant i play on some of the maps on black ops like firing range all it does is load then it freezes

+ JiVe_azz_TuRkEy on May 23rd, 2011 at 6:15 pm said:

@1003

the psn wasnt even up for a week or two before the double xp lol
and still, it was like 2 days notice

+ sadprice410 on May 23rd, 2011 at 6:17 pm said:

Hey Dan why is it everytime I join a lobby in hc ctf I keep getting thrown into a lobby thats either 30 seconds away from finishing the match or is finished. Also I always get put on a team thats getting creamed and I have to suffer with an f*#!%@g loss. WTF Thats not fair. and I know it happens to alot of people also. FIX!!!!!

+ CameronBalais on May 23rd, 2011 at 6:53 pm said:

yessss but…im already 15th prestige rank 50 but dan can you guys at activision/treyarch make ZOMBIES ONLY GAME with10 or so maps that would hit RECORD sales

+ pepinho15 on May 23rd, 2011 at 7:22 pm said:

Hey! Play Station Store Needs To Be Up Soon Before I Spend My Money On Xbox360 System! xD

+ pepinho15 on May 23rd, 2011 at 7:31 pm said:

About the PlayStation Network and Qriocity Customer Appreciation Program… this will start when the play station store is up?????????

+ mikeasauskie on May 23rd, 2011 at 7:40 pm said:

thanks for replying the app question Dan :D hope they make it cause i’m sure it will sell!

+ pwnege-shadow on May 23rd, 2011 at 7:41 pm said:

@ Dan do you think they could unpatch being able to prestige on combat training bcuz on my Xbox account I am at lvl50 1st prestige and I would like to keep going on both sides psn and xbox

+ pwnege-shadow on May 23rd, 2011 at 7:51 pm said: