PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Welcome Back to Killzone 3 with a Double XP Weekend!

Victor Zuylen's Avatar + Posted by Victor Zuylen on May 20, 2011 // Editor, Killzone Community

Killzone 3
To celebrate the return of the PlayStation Network and welcome you back to Killzone 3’s online battlefield, we’ve got a Double XP Weekend lined up! Starting this Friday, May 20 at 17:00 PM UK time, and lasting until Monday, May 23 at 10:00 AM UK time, all XP you earn in Killzone 3’s multiplayer matches will be doubled.

The upcoming Double XP Weekend isn’t the only Killzone-related goodie in the pipeline. As you may know, Sony has revealed that Killzone: Liberation is part of its Welcome Back Program for PSN members, meaning you’ll be able to download the critically acclaimed PlayStation Portable shooter absolutely free of charge. And there’s even more… But we’ll announce that at a later date.

So stay tuned to Killzone.com, and remember to brush up your Killzone 3 multiplayer skills. This weekend, you’ll have a chance to catch up on 3 weeks’ worth of rank progression!

P.S.: During the Double XP Weekend, the Score Screen will display the message “Fast Starter Bonus” instead of “Bonus Points” – this is a string error that will be fixed in future Bonus XP events.

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on May 20th, 2011 at 12:55 pm said:

KZ3 2 player split-screen Please!!! :)

+ Gord_Freeman on May 20th, 2011 at 12:56 pm said:

Dang!

I so badly want to snipe some Helghast, but a friend is coming over this weekend and we are going to be all over the Portal 2 Coop campaign, finally!

Not to mention I’ve got to get him envious of my L.A. Noire. (you see, he can’t afford one until his next paycheck. It’s really been an expensive year for gamers! Which is phenomenal :D).

Well, I’m sure he’ll want to play a few rounds in the old Killzone (by which I mean the new Killzone). Who could resist?

See ya on the battlefield!!

+ modern7theft on May 20th, 2011 at 12:56 pm said:

hi i was wondering if a psn avatar pack for kill zone 3 was going to come out

+ ShredinSlash on May 20th, 2011 at 12:58 pm said:

And here i thought i was going to play Black Ops with some friends this weekend. Long Live Helghan!

+ savtraxx on May 20th, 2011 at 1:00 pm said:

Going to b smashing this feel free to add me for a game

+ ICU-KILLA on May 20th, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

i will be there all weekend See you guys there. (G*D)

+ KidCommando on May 20th, 2011 at 1:19 pm said:

Death to the ISA X 2!!

+ Kamikaski on May 20th, 2011 at 1:28 pm said:

PSN is back. Killzone 3 DOUBLEXP weekend. What more can a ps3 fan boy get.

THANKS PSN

+ TooTall19 on May 20th, 2011 at 1:49 pm said:

When does the KZ3 tournament start?

+ hijackpot on May 20th, 2011 at 1:51 pm said:

great, i will be there

+ RE_Player on May 20th, 2011 at 1:55 pm said:

I have been trying to play but I keep getting disconnected. It says I’ve been signed out but I’m still online. Every other game is fine so it’s not on my end. I want to take advantage of this double xp but it’s kinda hard when you keep get booted from games before they finish.

+ ChilliwacKAttacK on May 20th, 2011 at 1:57 pm said:

same here… i keep getting disconnected. i’ve been trying to play for 2 hours. getting p!ssed.

+ CaptainV71 on May 20th, 2011 at 1:57 pm said:

why make us pick between cod and killzone, i hate you playstation!

+ ChilliwacKAttacK on May 20th, 2011 at 1:59 pm said:

a connection

+ RE_Player on May 20th, 2011 at 2:04 pm said:

@62 Does it give different error numbers every time? For me it’s never the same one. I hope they get this issue resolved by tomorrow.

+ BigBangBear on May 20th, 2011 at 2:12 pm said:

Wish this covered all day Monday since it is a holiday and I have a family wedding to go to so Saturday and Sunday are out :(

+ RichieAppel on May 20th, 2011 at 2:13 pm said:

Having a blast with the KZ3 Double XP weekend. Thanks Guerrilla Games, and Sony for making this happen.

+ PointBlank_804 on May 20th, 2011 at 2:16 pm said:

AWSOME you guess should do this more often….. To bad im going to the gym tomorrow and study sunday but i’ll squeeze in some time to good of an opertunity to miss out on.

+ LeanFuture on May 20th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

Woohoo! I was a little bummed when it looked like black ops was the only game with double exp. I by far favor KZ so I’m really happy. Thanks guys, you made my day!!

+ mershaq_jenkins on May 20th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

I don’t play killzone , so im on the same boat wondering as to when the store is going to be back up, im ready to get my psone classics on!

+ ChilliwacKAttacK on May 20th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

@65 Yes pretty much a different code every time. I was able to get in and play about 15 min and then the network error appeared.

+ M-Easy on May 20th, 2011 at 2:24 pm said:

I’m there.

+ RE_Player on May 20th, 2011 at 2:29 pm said:

@71 Yeah it’s weird. If for some reason it starts working post here so I can see and try it out myself. I’ll do the same if it starts working on my end.

+ Falandrias on May 20th, 2011 at 2:29 pm said:

wish i had killzone 3 now

+ mrswagger-96 on May 20th, 2011 at 2:29 pm said:

o ill be there

+ nirojan45 on May 20th, 2011 at 2:31 pm said:

I saw this on like a dozen different sites before it appeared on the PS blog….wtf guys?!?!?!

on a brighter note, this and COD:BO both have double xp and thats a win-win for me!

+ Buckis2002 on May 20th, 2011 at 2:35 pm said:

this and blackops same weekend…. I’m going to stay up 24/7 if I can just to fit killzone in

+ kingkranz on May 20th, 2011 at 2:36 pm said:

Awesome! I’ll be there!

+ ChilliwacKAttacK on May 20th, 2011 at 2:44 pm said:

@73 i connected and talked to two other guys playing and asked if they had been having connection issue and they said no… then i shot a player and he didn’t die and then melee’d him.. and still didn’t die. that’s when i knew i was on my way out again.

+ RE_Player on May 20th, 2011 at 2:48 pm said:

@77 That is exactly what happens before I disconnect. I melee a guy he gets back up and than I disconnect. Last night I was playing a game with some friends and one enemy kept on getting back up until he disconnected. I think we must look like that to everyone else playing normally while we see everyone else glitch out until we disconnect. Again I hope they fix this issue soon. If it helps I’m in Canada so maybe it’s a regional thing?

+ ChilliwacKAttacK on May 20th, 2011 at 2:50 pm said:

@78 not a regional thing unless it’s North America. I’m in the southern part of USA.

+ RE_Player on May 20th, 2011 at 2:58 pm said:

@Victor As you can see I along with some other people have been having some disconnecting issues. Are you aware of these issues and is the team planning to fix this?

+ DragonOwari on May 20th, 2011 at 3:00 pm said:

so yeah uhhh is DXP only for UK??? does US get it?? sorry if i seem like an idiot

+ victor_714 on May 20th, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

What about blackops?

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on May 20th, 2011 at 3:05 pm said:

NIIIICE!! IM THERE..I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT PLAYING THIS GAME TONITE TOO..THEN THIS NEWS COMES UP..NOW I CANT WAIT TO GET HOME AND GET MY KILLZONE 3 ON!

+ sfarrar on May 20th, 2011 at 3:11 pm said:

I am getting on right now. Who is using the Move and the Sharp Shooter?

+ JinZX1 on May 20th, 2011 at 3:20 pm said:

Sweet. I’ll take a few strolls through Helghan this weekend.

+ lock_groove on May 20th, 2011 at 3:21 pm said:

Anyone got any tips for a Killzone n00b?

I’m finding the learning curve on this game to be pretty steep, and none of my Black Ops strategies are transferring over. I’m dieing a lot.

What’s a good class to start out with?

Should I run around and try to hunt people down, or is it better to *gasp* camp?

+ ChilliwacKAttacK on May 20th, 2011 at 3:28 pm said:

@80 just played a full match… good luck.

+ Izanagi-no-Okami on May 20th, 2011 at 3:35 pm said:

Well damn, I was planning on playing through the co-op mode in Portal 2 this weekend.

+ DC-monster- on May 20th, 2011 at 3:37 pm said:

*GASP* Why haven’t I bought this! *runs to the store. . .*

+ cman199 on May 20th, 2011 at 3:51 pm said:

ill be playin this weekend… its about time a real shooter comes out with double xp instead of crappy call of duty!!!!!

+ Busca-Cabezas on May 20th, 2011 at 3:55 pm said:

Aaarrgh!! Just got kicked out of a Double XP game and I was killing it!!!! Oh well… Bring it on!!! 2ble XP!! Woot Woot!!!

+ R2tito11 on May 20th, 2011 at 3:55 pm said:

major fail; i love KZ3 and actually prefer it before CoD; but to make double XP weekend the same day, is just retarded

+ Project79th on May 20th, 2011 at 3:57 pm said:

im going in to get my kz3 fix ya heard

+ LIOMESSI90 on May 20th, 2011 at 4:11 pm said:

THANKS KILLZONE:)

+ Bilsebob on May 20th, 2011 at 4:11 pm said:

I don’t mind CoD but it smells a little fishy. I’ll stick with Killzone any day. This is not a flame job, just my opinion.

+ resist_this13 on May 20th, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

Wow lucky, I just bought it yesterday.

+ leukoplast on May 20th, 2011 at 4:35 pm said:

I may have to jump in for a few matches, I haven’t played KZ3 for probably two and a half months Perhaps now the matchfailmaking has been upgraded, although it seems doubtful. I’m sure I’ll still end up being thrown into the same 4 matches over and over and over which only has 3 people in each one, or I will finally get into a full match only to realize my team is getting dominated due to the fail TSP system.

Either way this double XP will be a good excuse for me to try out the DLC that I got for free with PS+. I just hope things have improved since the last time I played.

+ Nergil on May 20th, 2011 at 4:40 pm said:

Sweet…gives me a reason to get back into this game…I do miss it.