Driveclub

MotorStorm Apocalypse: Multiplayer Q&A

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on May 23, 2011 // Senior Manager, Social Media

With online multiplayer back in full swing, legions of MotorStorm Apocalypse owners are already enjoying this chaotic racer’s enhanced 16-player races. But not so long ago, we solicited your MotorStorm Apocalypse questions via Twitter and posed them to Evolution Studios Art Director Simon O’Brien to get the full story.

MotorStorm Apocalypse for PS3MotorStorm Apocalypse for PS3

Jeff learned more about the artificial intelligence improvements, why a certain degree of “rubber-banding” is necessary for competitive races, how epic events mid-race can upset your carefully laid plans, and how MotorStorm Apocalypse takes its multiplayer cues from online shooters in the form of deeply customizable vehicles and races. O’Brien also details how players earn XP in the form of “Chips” that unlock new emblems, vehicle parts, and other customization options that affect your racing style — whether it’s sneaky and strategic or fiercely aggressive.

Have you tried MotorStorm Apocalypse online? What’s your favorite track and game mode so far? Let us know in the comments!

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ PorkNBeans on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:07 am said:

Glad to see Sony keeping up with the same old not releasing any updated info about the Playstation Store. Way to neglect your PSN Plus customers & console customers.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:14 am said:

Once the final details are ready, we’ll share them with you immediately. Thanks for your patience.

+ dlhdav7 on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:07 am said:

this game is great

+ dlhdav7 on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:08 am said:

@1 stop crying!!!!!!!!!!

+ mywhitenoise on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:08 am said:

Why was this game released? I’m sure millions are still offended by the tsunami attacks in Japan.

+ EatDeath on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:09 am said:

Motorstorm Apocalypse is still at times mindblowing. Nice direction for the series! Online is awesome.

+ Hokage_45678 on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:11 am said:

Is this game gonna have a demo?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:15 am said:

Yes it will, stay tuned for the details.

+ PorkNBeans on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

@3 Pay my bills then I’ll let you tell me what I shouldn’t do, till then shut your pie hole.

+ PainOfSarrow on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

i have a feeling the PSN store wont be back up tommorow. shouldnt sony have informed us aswell ? or atleast let us know if that information is false…. ANYWAYS let me go on topic before some foo yells over the screen at me for mentioning psn store. soo um yea, this game looks kool.

+ Myke-Myke on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

I received an email for the Motorstorm Apocalypse demo before tragedy struck Japan.

Whenever the PS store is restored, will the Motorstorm Apocalypse demo will be finally active to download or will it never be active??? Thanks.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:15 am said:

Yes, it will be available. We’ll have final details on it soon.

+ Freashd9002 on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:15 am said:

Great game. I like it. The online is cool but at times i find one or two people ahead by 10 seconds and that is getting annoying. Otherwise cool online game play and i also like the bets.

+ PorkNBeans on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:16 am said:

@7 They did say it was false, just not on the blog. You have to actually go off of a Sony site to get information about it. That’s kind of pathetic in itself that the only way to get information is for other blogs to make up information such as the PSN Store being turned on tomorrow. I don’t care if they say well we have no real ETA on when the store will be up but we expect it under 2 months, even that would be suffice but they give no information at all. Their PR handling is garbage.

+ dlhdav7 on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:20 am said:

@3 you cry like a sally!!!!!

+ lukec1s on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:21 am said:

why play it in first person , then you dont get to see your car get beat up :P

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on May 23rd, 2011 at 12:42 pm said:

Good point! I am a first-person man when it comes to racers, but MSA does make a good case for swapping to third-person. :)

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on May 23rd, 2011 at 1:28 pm said:

FPS driving in Motorstorm Apocalypse is a must and my personal favorite. Especially in glorious 3D! There’s even a Trophy tossed in for kicks.

+ perrandy on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:22 am said:

been waiting the whole weekend to post and you guys were missing in action.whats up with that?
off topic- any news on wizardry or any other rpgs that you guys might offer soon??:0
let me tell ya that i’m sick and tired of playing disgaea 2 just after i finished playing tits aka trails in the sky.i also finished playing pacman DX so in other words i’m boreed right now.. :0

+ PorkNBeans on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:23 am said:

Now back to topic. I picked this game up last night after seeing a game play video, I never got into the others too much but the buildings crumbling and coming down during the race looked sick enough to turn me into a believer that this game will sink it’s hooks into me & get some quality time in my PS3.

They did a great job from what I could see but won’t give it a test drive till PSN Store is up so I can enter the premier pack code. However if the game play is as smooth as the video looks kudos to the devs & double kudos for the awesome effects on the collapsing buildings & other environmental sections throughout the game.

+ PorkNBeans on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:25 am said:

@11 I agree 3 cries like a Sally. Einstein. lmfao

+ Carl-G on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:26 am said:

I LOVE IT! ! ! Really AMAZING online it is :P

One thing i would love[not sure if its possible tho]is if you could have 4 player split-screen with online play at the same time? You can play it with 2 player split-screen + with online people. That would be ACE!;)

+ PainOfSarrow on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:28 am said:

yea i aggree with you PorkNBeans. that kind of information should be on this site. not third party sites i have to google. oh and dlhdav7 i think you may have dissed yourself….. shame.

+ ra123t on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:29 am said:

omg, if you guys were trying so hard to bring the ps store back online then why are you not givin us any details. you would if you didnt have anything to hide

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on May 23rd, 2011 at 12:43 pm said:

There’s nothing to hide, just nothing to share yet. Once the details are final, trust me, they’ll be on the Blog lickety-split. Thanks for being patient!

+ ra123t on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:31 am said:

im sorry about my last comment. i didnt really have a ot of information……

+ Deathspear666 on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:32 am said:

STILL NO WORD ON ALLCLEAR ID PLUS I SEE….REALLY LOSING MY PATIENCE ON THAT SUBJECT…..

+ NeoPhantome on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:32 am said:

Hmmm, I’ll try the demo thats for sure :D. I’m not much into race games but this one should be interesting.

+ justabe on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:32 am said:

@Sid do you know if we are having a 4th playstation blog e3 meet up?

+ allegretto2500 on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:32 am said:

the welcome back rewards need to be tweaked. you offered fine titles but the catch there is most of the userbase already owns most of them!
the vast majority of those affected by the outage will not benefit from your offer.

+ doodooshorts on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:33 am said:

cool looking game!!! i should check here for news more often….sadly ive been getting my playstation news elsewhere. (seems its the only way to get new news)

+ hbsting on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:33 am said:

really bring back the store already ffs

+ GGod0 on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:34 am said:

Insult fail @12

+ Chaotic_Renegade on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:34 am said:

Store info now plz

+ Maj1nX on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:35 am said:

I reserved and bought motorstorm Apocalypse from gamestop n threw away my reciept but i forgot about the dlc it came with ( dynamic theme and supercar). I went to gamestop to see if they could re print the reciept but they said no, any way i could get that dlc?

+ shawnman0000 on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:35 am said:

@24 I sure will, i have been looking all over the place for Little big planet for psp and i can not find it in any store in my area. But i do see your point!

+ PorkNBeans on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:37 am said:

@27 It’s not all number 12′s fault that he failed… My aura of awesomeness redirected his fingers in the right direction forcing him to input a 3, I used the force. LMAO

+ Chaotic_Renegade on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:37 am said:

LBP, and super stardust HD FTW

+ DuoMaxwell007 on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:38 am said:

Would anyone like to confirm or deny the article gameasutra posted stating that Sony sent them a memo (as well as other publisher/developers) telling that that “barring any incident from now (may 14th) the PS store will be available again May 24th”?

Id love to know if thats true or not

+ anton71 on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

Well your corporate double talk is not flying , me and 70 million other customers are fed up with “soon” “we will let you know” “once the details are ready”. There have been rumors flying around the store to be up on 5/24. At least respond!!! You people at Sony make this out to be some kind of CIA top secret mission. Well this whole debacle has been a joke and alot of us now know how sony really treats its hardcore gamers like myself. Its going to take a long time to earn trust back from us. Yes YOUR CUSTOMERS, the ones who pay your salary. So stop taking the typical Sony conservative approcah and address your customers.
Wake up, we are anxious to spend money in the store, doesnt this motivate your comapny?

+ NeoPhantome on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

@24 I agree with you on that, but in my case it’s that i’m more of a RPG player… like i said @22 i’m not into racing games either… not much for me in that package :(

+ zombie9 on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:42 am said:

@24 agreed I’m selling my stuff to buy new stuff. I might sell some of those games to buy this game.:)

+ Skywise316 on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:43 am said:

Amen to what Anton71 said.

Is it really *SO* difficult to put up a blog about the Playstation Store? There are people who have said Sony’s given this date, given that detail. No Sony has *NOT!* There are rumors out there that people are taking as fact.. the problem is that until Sony actually does say it THEMSELVES, they are by definition NOT FACTS!

It’s not the store being down and that has many people frustrated. It’s the fact that Sony WILL NOT TALK TO US ABOUT IT!

It’s been a month. MAN UP SONY and talk!

+ WFMMK on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:44 am said:

I’m looking at buying Motorstorm (I have the first two and love them) but I’d like to try a demo before hand…..from the store :( lol.

+ BEASTXJASON on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:44 am said:

Tryed the demo and wasnt impressed visually. I think the 3d hurt this one to be honest. Fun yes but it doesnt have that polished PS3 look. Those of you interested wait for the demo as it changed my mind on the purchase. Demo’s are a good thing.

As far as the store is going you need to tell us you have no clue what your doing or give us a time frame. Some people like myself are still without psn due to the fact we cant redeem online pass’s or download software such as adhoc for our shiny psp’s. Not to mention the numerous psp go noobs I see beggin here. Its not cool to leave loyal customers who simply want to buy your games in the dark.

+ Chaotic_Renegade on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:46 am said:

@34 agreed, also if the store isnt back up within the week we better see improvements to the welcome back plan.

+ PainOfSarrow on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:48 am said:

thats so true Skywise316 .. its not the fact that the store is offline. its the lack of an update about it. atleast can we get something simple as that. well im sure any minute now some one will be jumping on here telling us to shut up about the psn store, ha watch.

+ Deathspear666 on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:50 am said:

@34…i agree

+ Darewind on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:50 am said:

ALLCLEAR ID PLUS when can we expect info on that?The Europeans got their identity protection info over a week ago and we haven’t heard a word about it.

+ kivi95 on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:51 am said:

Okey the game have been around here for a while in Europe. So when is that free DLC coming with the free track?

+ DC-monster- on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:52 am said:

Its a little ironic that MotorStorm “Apocalypse” is being released after the real “Apocalypse” was supposed to start the other day.

+ yazter on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:54 am said:

Another off-topic comment here, I’m afraid, but I just wanted to say one thing: the interviewer is really cute.

That is all.

(omg I did not just say that! *embarrassed*)

+ KwietStorm on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:54 am said:

It takes a really long time to get to rank 40. Too long.

+ TheShadowNinjaS on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:55 am said:

@34 is right… We need some info on the store

+ i_like_toast on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:57 am said:

@Porkybaby

rumor mill says tomorrow
Sony says by the end of the month.

now get some tissue and wipe away those tears.

+ chanchanman69 on May 23rd, 2011 at 11:58 am said: