PlayStation Vue

May 24

NIS’s PlayStation Lineup: Bleach, Atelier Totori, Disgaea 4, ClaDun x2

Ryan Phillips's Avatar Posted by Ryan Phillips on May 24, 2011 // Marketing Coordinator, NIS America

It’s good to be back, doods! We announced some PlayStation 3-exclusive titles last Friday, including Bleach: Soul Resurrección for this summer and Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland, the latest installment of the Atelier series, also coming exclusively for the PS3. And we had great news for ClaDun fans as we also announced the PSP title, ClaDun x2, coming only on the PlayStation Network! I come bearing info for all three of these games, so sit back and check it out along with a new must-see Disgaea 4 trailer!

Bleach: Soul Resurrección

First up is our brand new title, Bleach: Soul Resurrección for PS3. We are really excited because a lot of us in the office are fans of the anime and manga. Soul Resurrección is the first Bleach game to reach the PlayStation 3, and we’re excited to host its big debut! Soul Resurrección’s plot places you as the main protagonist in the series, Ichigo Kurosaki, closely following the current story arc unfolding in the anime/manga, in the land called Hueco Mundo. Along with your friends, it is your job to stop the evil Aizen who threatens the peace of both the Soul Society and the World of the Living with his army of evil Arrancars. It’s up to Ichigo and the rest of the Soul Reapers to destroy the Arrancars and bring a stop to Aizen’s evil ambitions. That’s really all I can say about the story so far. I don’t want to ruin the surprise for you all!

Bleach: Soul Resurrección is a hack-and-slash action game. It features beautifully cell-shaded graphics that helps maintain the anime feel of Bleach we have come to know and enjoy. Within the game you will find various modes including the main Story mode that will allow you to play as various characters from the Bleach universe as the battle against Aizen unfolds. In total there are 21 selectable characters, so needless to say, the game is jam-packed! Each character his or her own unique combo moves that can be performed both on the ground and in the air to inflict crazy amounts of damage on the Arrancars! As you defeat Arrancars and bosses, you will also collect “Soul Points” that can be used to upgrade your character by using a character upgrade map system. This upgrade system is unique to each character, so there is plenty of replay value to level each character to their fullest potential. Be on the lookout for Bleach: Soul Resurrección exclusively on PlayStation 3, coming this summer! Don’t forget to check out the official trailer too!

Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland

Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland for PS3

Atelier series fans! We are happy to announce that Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland will make its English debut on the PS3 this fall. For those new to the Atelier series, Atelier games are RPG-style games that focus on adventuring and alchemy. Atelier Totori is the latest installment of the series, starring a girl named Totori. Young Totori decides one day that she wants to become an adventurer, so she decides to open a small workshop (“atelier”) to fund her quest. Along the way you encounter a bunch of brand new friends to help you in your adventure and you’ll notice a few familiar faces (as the story takes place a bit after Atelier Rorona) from previous Atelier games that will appear to help.

One of the new features included in Atelier Totori is the incorporation of MP (Mana Points) for Totori and party members during battle sequences. In the previous Atelier game, Atelier Rorona , players’ special moves relied solely on HP, which would deplete the corresponding amount from your health pool. This time around, players can look forward to having access to both MP and HP, and we hope players will appreciate this change to the turn-based combat system. It wouldn’t be an Atelier game without alchemy, so you all can look forward to hundreds of synthesizable items! Since Totori is bent on becoming an adventurer, a lot of the game’s focus is pointed toward exploring new areas. You will gain licenses to access different areas — most brand new, a few familiar. Lastly, like the previous Atelier games, you can look forward to multiple endings depending on your actions during the game. Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland is set for release this fall. Check it out, dood!

ClaDun x2

ClaDun x2 for PSPClaDun x2 for PSP

Last but not least for our newly announced titles, we have ClaDun x2 for the PSP, which will be available exclusively on the PlayStation Network this summer! For those who aren’t familiar with the ClaDun games, they are exciting action-based dungeon-crawling games that also incorporate RPG facets. Graphically, ClaDun x2 has a classic feel to it, as the graphics scheme pays homage to the pixilated characters of old-school 8-bit games. The premise of the game is to progress through dungeons and level your party members, any one of which can take the role of the main character. You know the phrase “You are only as strong as your weakest link”? This phrase in essence sums up a lot of the “leveling” in ClaDun x2. The whole process is facilitated through a “Magic Circle” system. There are various ways to structure your group, and which characters you place in your Magic Circle will determine their strengths (and weaknesses).

In ClaDun x2, expect more dungeons, updated weapons, more items, more Magic Circles, new monsters, and of course new custom character classes. However, there are a few noteworthy changes to discuss, including an updated character edit system: Now you’re now able to edit your character’s appearance even more than before, this time including movement animations, and even weapons! Last, if you enjoyed the “Ran-geons” from the first ClaDun, you’ll be happy to know that they’ve made the transition to ClaDun x2. We are also happy to announce that “Neo-geons” and “Tri-geons” have been included in the new ClaDun. “Neo-geons” allow you to change certain variables within them, such as weapon and item drop rates, monster levels, and more. “Tri-geons” allow players to choose different paths of difficulty within them, and depending which path is chosen, item drops, item rarity, and monster difficulty will change. If you have a PSP and are looking for an awesome “pick up and play” style dungeon crawler, definitely try out ClaDun x2. It’ll be available on PSN this summer!

Disgaea 4 Trailer

Before I sign off here, I want to leave on a strong note: please take a gander at the Disgaea 4 trailer above. If you haven’t seen it, it’s a must-watch for anyone that’s a fan of the series, or for anyone that enjoys humor in general! For more info, check out our Disgaea 4 website.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ TomHoang on May 24th, 2011 at 10:52 am said:

I’ve never played an Atelier or Disgaea game, but maybe I will now after seeing that trailer :)

+ derFunk on May 24th, 2011 at 3:31 pm said:

Man, I’ve been dying for Disgaea 4 ever since I saw it was coming to Japan. I still love Disgaea 3. Wish my PS3 was backward-compatible so I could play the first two again, too.

Hey, NISA, any chance you’ll re-master the PSP ports of Disgaea 1 and 2 like Capcom is doing with Monster Hunter? Or a PS3 HD compilation of the first two games using the Disgaea 4 engine? Man oh man. Laharl’s campaign is still my favorite, but I would love to replay it with all the battle system enhancements of the later games.

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 4:35 pm said:

Greetings derFunk!

I’d love to see a remastered version of the older Disgaea games! I haven’t heard of any plans to do that just yet, but that still is an awesome idea! I’d love to see Laharl in HD-sprites, hehehehe.

Have a great night!

+ Cat_Corye on May 24th, 2011 at 3:35 pm said:

Thanks Ryan, can’t wait.

+ ICEJACKEL on May 24th, 2011 at 3:46 pm said:

Bleach! I have been waiting for this!

+ boxmyth on May 24th, 2011 at 4:14 pm said:

Must own Disgaea 4.

+ Slick1JayJ on May 24th, 2011 at 5:01 pm said:

Ryan Phillips can we get some Bleach content for PS3 Home?

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 5:30 pm said:

Hi Slick1JayJ,

Unfortunately, we don’t have any plans to release any content for PS3 home. We honestly would love to be able to do that, but it just isn’t possible.

Sorry for the bad news, dood.

+ SONofDrJekyll on May 24th, 2011 at 5:02 pm said:

will Atelier Totori, have a time limit on crafting and story like the previous game

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 5:39 pm said:

Evening SONofDrJekyll,

The “3 month” deadline-style timing limit for each Kingdom Quest like in Atelier Rorona won’t be present in Atelier Totori. The time aspect of the game (spanning over several years) will still be employed however. Traveling, synthesizing, and a few other facets will take time to complete. There are only a few instances where you will need to reach a certain “Adventurer Rank” by a certain year to continue on in the game, but not every 3 months like in Rorona.

I hope this helps!

+ Jimmy_Cosmos on May 24th, 2011 at 5:06 pm said:

Aww yeah I LOVE you guys!! NISA is seriously one of the last publishers I can count on for helping me hide from all the dudebro baloney out there. Thank you SO much for all you do to bring these games to the states…

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 5:47 pm said:

Hi Jimmy_Cosmos!

Dudebro Avoiding Ranger!!!

Thanks, dood! We definitely plan to continue to bring new and exciting surprises for all our fans. I’ll pass the kind words to all the Prinnies here in the office! ^^

Have an awesome night, dood!

+ eggmiester28 on May 24th, 2011 at 5:12 pm said:

i can’t wait for Disgaea 4 and bleach

+ ONIBUTZ on May 24th, 2011 at 5:15 pm said:

I heard about these games last week on the NISA forums but I’ll say this here as well and that is: I am excited about all of these games and can’t wait to play them :)

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 5:50 pm said:

Greetings ONIBUTZ!

You know it, dood! We are all really excited to see how all the fans react to all of the awesome games slated for this summer/fall!

Have an awesome night!

+ LordRaoh on May 24th, 2011 at 5:24 pm said:

Bleach is a day one purchase.

Please please please secure more anime titles for the playstation brand.

There are a lot of good stories out there that would make great games, not only fighting ones but detective and puzzle games.

Death Note (Puzzle/Adventure/Detective/RPG)
Basilisk (Hack and Slash/Action)
Berserk (Hack and Slash/Action)
Evangeliion (Mech)
Full Metal Alchemist ((Hack and Slash/Action or Puzzle or even a mini science game)
Gantz (Shooter/Action, Adult Rating)
Golgo 13 (Espionage/Third Person Shooter/Stealth)
High School of the Dead (Action/Adventure/Move Support)
Death Frenzy (Hack and Slash/Action)
Samurai 7 (Action Adventure)
Sword of the Stranger (Martial Arts Fighter/Hack & Slash/Adventure)
Vexille (Sci Fi Adventure/RPG)

Please make this happen…

+ Moonglare on May 24th, 2011 at 5:25 pm said:

NISA has once again brought a peculiar and awesome lineup for RPG lovers. In a time where good RPGs are getting even harder to find (and to get localized) it is really comforting to know that we can count with you guys at NISA. And I’ll do the best I can to support all these amazing titles =D

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 5:56 pm said:

Hi Moonglare!

How have you been? It’s been a while since I have been able to get back on the blog here.

We’re super happy to be able to have such an awesome/diverse lineup for this summer and fall! So much thought goes into which titles to localize, so we all appreciate to hear good feedback from our fans!!! Thanks for the encouraging words, and all your support, dood!!

+ Onvertic on May 24th, 2011 at 4:22 pm said:

Cladun x2 definitely day 1, not sure about Atelier Totori.

Any mention of the imageepooch games you are bringing over? Like The Last Ranker?

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 4:37 pm said:

Hey Onvertic,

Unfortunately, we don’t have any news for imageepoch games just yet. As soon as we do, you can bet I’ll be back on the PSN blog to talk about it, dood!

+ lilrobda1 on May 24th, 2011 at 5:30 pm said:

SONY, can your customers please get a free service repair because your products that stops working by itself when we treat it like it’s our new born child and have already used up our warranty on our first PS3.

+ kamuishinro on May 24th, 2011 at 4:24 pm said:

Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland for me! When will Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland will be release?
I hope NIS will localize the Atelier Meruru next year =)

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 4:40 pm said:

Heya kamuishinro!

Atelier Totori is slated for release in the fall! I can’t give you an exact date just yet, but soon, dood! As soon as we get an official date we will announce it, along with other info on the game!!

I hope this helps!

+ sindiewen on May 24th, 2011 at 5:32 pm said:

The announcer guy for Disgaia 4 remindes me of Cave Johnson from Portal 2. Im probably gonna have to get it now.

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 5:52 pm said:

Heya sindiewen!

We made sure to give him plenty of moon rocks before he narrated the trailer ^^

Have a great night,

+ RurouniSaiya-jin on May 24th, 2011 at 5:53 pm said:

Definitely getting Bleach and Atelier Totori. Looking forward to see what bundles appear on the NISA store for both of them. No need for me to say I’m getting Disgaea 4, that should be obvious ^,^

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 6:10 pm said:

Hi RurouniSaiya-Jin!

How have you been, dood!?

That’s awesome that you’re going to pick up all 3 titles! I’m loving the Laharl avatar btw, hehehehe.
    Thank you for your awesome support as usual!!

Have an awesome night, dood!

+ LionHeartX83 on May 24th, 2011 at 5:57 pm said:

NIS is the best. You guys release a ton of games on the PS3. I will pick up all these titles for sure.

+ Someguy12121 on May 24th, 2011 at 6:04 pm said:

The Bleach game sux. I have the JPN demo and the game was so bad. The controls were so bad. I would try the demo before sinking any money into the game. The Disgea game is going to be sweet. I have all the JPN trailers from the JPN PSN and they are sweet.

+ Darewind on May 24th, 2011 at 5:41 pm said:

I’ll be buying Disgaea 4 premium edition,Bleach: Soul Resurrección, and Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland day one.As others have said please see about localizing more anime games my personal wish list top choice Suzumiya Haruhi no Tsuisō).Please keep up the great work.

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 6:05 pm said:

Evening Darewind!

Thank you for your support, dood! We definitely love to hear from fans with Japanese titles that they are interested in, so keep em coming! Make sure to submit your game request on our website on Pram’s Wish List if you haven’t already ^^

Have a stellar night, dood!

+ DevilHunter61 on May 24th, 2011 at 5:58 pm said:

+ The_Keeper95 on May 24th, 2011 at 6:07 pm said:

Ok, the Bleach game is looking really bad to me.

The graphics look great, and ya gotta love the unique characters, and Bleach’s fantastic story.

But the gameplay…

It looks AWFUL!

It looks like its going to be a boring Hack n’ Slash!
Prove me Wrong!!!

But the rest of the games are lookin great! I’m looking forward to all of them!

+ Spores on May 24th, 2011 at 6:17 pm said:

Holy SMOKES @ Disgaea 4!!!!! I just visited the PS HOME space, rocks Dood! Skyrim<Disgaea 4! Might need 3 copies of this one!

+ J-ToWne421 on May 24th, 2011 at 6:28 pm said:

Just pitiful sony…. you guys must like being the mockery of the gaming community… the update i had to get before gettin back online stole all my add ons……….. i could care less about your games coming out i want i demand to know when i can get back the stuff you took…!

+ Spores on May 24th, 2011 at 6:19 pm said:

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 6:45 pm said:

Heya Spores!

Prinnies 4 life, dood!

+ Rockero_79 on May 24th, 2011 at 6:29 pm said:

+ perrandy on May 24th, 2011 at 6:52 pm said:

i will be definately getting disgaea 4 and totori the rest doesnt excite me as much.

+ Dragun619 on May 24th, 2011 at 6:53 pm said:

Awesome PSBlog post, Ryan. Very surprised to see you guys localize Bleach for PS3. Really didn’t think anyone was gonna bring it over but thanks to nis for localizing it. Also Can’t wait to get Disgaea 4. It’s looking really good.
I have not got the PS3 Atelier Series, but I eventually get it. Hopefully, it will satisfy my jrpg quench as I wait for FFXIII Versus.

Also will you guys be at E3? With anything new to announce too maybe like an NGP game or something?.

+ Ryan Phillips on May 25th, 2011 at 10:50 am said:

Thanks Dragun619!

We are really excited to be able to localize such a big name as BLEACH! We really hope that it will be received well here in the U.S. Disgaea 4 is looking amazing, it’s definitely going to be one of the titles i’ll be playing for a long time, hehehe.

As for E3, we won’t unfortunately won’t be announcing anything for NGP just yet, but Atelier Totori will be shown on the floor! If you are going definitely check it out!

Have a great day!

+ Reika-chan777 on May 24th, 2011 at 6:57 pm said:

Played a bit of the original Japanese Disgaea 4, wondering if this will be a direct port or if it will have minor import changes. I.e. education guidance system (in the trailer @4:42) shows the cat demon statue which is different in the original.

I’m sure localization is a lot of work and making it import “friendly” is important, but I hope we don’t lose any major or even minor features in the process.

<3 NIS games and the Disgaea franchise!

+ Ryan Phillips on May 25th, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

Greetings Reika-chan777!

Disgaea 4 will have dual audio like most Nippon Ichi Software games, so that’s something to look forward to as usual, dood! The “wooden horse” was actually taken out of the Japanese Retail version, so both Japan and the U.S. will get the cat demon statue. We made painstaking efforts to keep Disgaea extremely close to the Japanese version, so we are confident that the fans will enjoy it! ^^

Have an awesome day!

+ Reika-chan777 on May 24th, 2011 at 6:58 pm said:

P.S. please have dual-audio! Onegai shimasu!

+ Rockero_79 on May 24th, 2011 at 7:01 pm said:

+ Jeigh on May 24th, 2011 at 6:32 pm said:

Lovez NIS (and all international branches thereof). =)

You couldn’t stop me from getting Disgaea 4. The humor, the grinding, the overwhelming levels of customization… It drives my OCD nuts, but in a good way.

And I’ve been looking at the Atelier series for awhile. Shamefully, I think what deterred me was review scores, but by and large, critics are [DELETED], no matter what medium they review. It’s all about what the individual likes and I loves me RPGs (see: Disgaea) and synthesis/item creation (see: Odin Sphere, Star Ocean– one of its only saving graces in its PS3 outting in fact).

+ rafael_martines on May 24th, 2011 at 6:41 pm said:

There will be dual audio em Bleach Soul Ressurection? Please says yes! If yes! Its sold for me \o/

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 6:47 pm said:

Hi rafael_martines!

We don’t have a definite answer just yet on if there will be dual audio languages, but we will have the answer soon I hope!

+ WFMMK on May 24th, 2011 at 10:53 am said:

I will be buying a few of those.

+ ShottaWarhawk on May 24th, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

I hope bleach dont flop:( graphics look good

+ Bubaroo on May 24th, 2011 at 10:57 am said:

At least they’re not slated for release for a couple months. Hopefully by then Sony will get everything up and running by then.

+ BEASTXJASON on May 24th, 2011 at 11:02 am said:

Clan dun looks like fun zelda style crawler. Now is Disgaea 4 hitting psp as well?

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 12:21 pm said:

Greetings, dood!

Disgaea 4 is slated for PS3 only so far. ClaDun does have a bunch of similarities to Zelda, but it also has some really cool RPG elements to it too! Definitely check into it, it’s a real fun “pick up and play” style dungeon crawler.

+ infamousXX87XX on May 24th, 2011 at 11:02 am said:

I’ll be buying Bleach for sure

+ Smooth423 on May 24th, 2011 at 11:03 am said:

Sweet. I will be buying all of the above. Looks like Pokemon meets Zelda. Keep it coming DOOD!

+ GoodFella2487 on May 24th, 2011 at 11:07 am said:

lol @ Phillyblunz QQ’ing. Go outside you hermit.

In any case, Disgaea 4 will be mine!

+ VixDiesel on May 24th, 2011 at 11:10 am said:

Will buy bleach if it has the Japanese voice tracks, otherwise I’ll import it and take my chances.

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 12:36 pm said:

Greetings VixDiesel,

At the moment we still haven’t gotten word if they will be included or not. As we get closer to launch I’ll hopefully be back on with some good news!

+ octus on May 24th, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

i cant wait for bleach!! im still undecided on disgaea 4(but when it hits i know i’ll just be a sucker and buy it anyway).

+ Mobius2525 on May 24th, 2011 at 11:14 am said:

Also I’m looking forward to Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland. Had to import the first game because every where was selling the first game over$80

+ Cat_Corye on May 24th, 2011 at 11:14 am said:

Sweet, thanks for posting this. I been wondering about Bleach and Disgaea 4, now are stores taking preorders on them?

Because I know are GameStop hasn’t yet.

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 2:31 pm said:

Hey Cat_Corye!

Thanks for reading, dood!

Most retailer preorders haven’t started just yet. The only one I know of so far is on The rest should be available in the upcoming weeks!

Have an awesome day!

+ LUGIEZ on May 24th, 2011 at 11:18 am said:

Sorry, but what is NIS?

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 2:36 pm said:

Hey LUGIEZ,

NIS stands for Nippon Ichi Software ^^ NIS America is the U.S. counterpart.

Check us out on our webpage at

Have a great day!

+ Mister-Nep on May 24th, 2011 at 11:19 am said:

I love you NISA. Will definitely be buying Disgaea 4, Atelier Totori, and Cladun x2.

Just waiting for Totori and Disgaea 4 to be available for pre-order on your site. I usually buy your stuff on your site for the extra goodies.

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 2:35 pm said:

Hey Mister-Nep!

Thanks for the kind words, dood!

Our preorder reminder service is currently available for Disgaea 4, and Totori should be in a few weeks. Make sure you’re signed up for the Prinny Bomb, as the official preorder annoucement will go out in that!

+ LUGIEZ on May 24th, 2011 at 11:19 am said:

Oh Forgive me Nippon Ichi Software, of course it is!

+ megamixer on May 24th, 2011 at 11:21 am said:

Never poked my nose into any Atelier games myself, but going by that description its very much a traditional turn-based jrpg? I’ll be adding that to my upcoming games on interest list.

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 2:47 pm said:

Greetings megamixer!

Battle/Adventure wise, Atelier games share a lot of the standard turn-based elements in regards to fighting, leveling up, and exploring. One of the differentiating factors in the game itself is that outside of battles you’ll be doing some gathering of materials for Alchemy while you adventure. You create the majority of all your inventory items/weapons through alchemy, so some time is spent doing synthesis on the side.

I hope this info helps!

+ AizawaYuuichi on May 24th, 2011 at 11:23 am said:

I’ll definitely be picking up Bleach and Atelier Totori. But I’m not a huge fan of downloading full games for PSP, cause then I can’t do anything with it if I don’t like or after I’ve finished it. It just sits there.
And I haven’t wanted a Disgaea game since I played the first one, so 4 will be a pass like 2 and 3 were.

+ DragonGod90 on May 24th, 2011 at 11:27 am said:

Atelier Totori and Disgaea 4 already have my guarantee’d purchase.

PAGE 1 2 3 4