PlayStation Vue

May 24

NIS’s PlayStation Lineup: Bleach, Atelier Totori, Disgaea 4, ClaDun x2

Ryan Phillips's Avatar Posted by Ryan Phillips on May 24, 2011 // Marketing Coordinator, NIS America

It’s good to be back, doods! We announced some PlayStation 3-exclusive titles last Friday, including Bleach: Soul Resurrección for this summer and Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland, the latest installment of the Atelier series, also coming exclusively for the PS3. And we had great news for ClaDun fans as we also announced the PSP title, ClaDun x2, coming only on the PlayStation Network! I come bearing info for all three of these games, so sit back and check it out along with a new must-see Disgaea 4 trailer!

Bleach: Soul Resurrección

First up is our brand new title, Bleach: Soul Resurrección for PS3. We are really excited because a lot of us in the office are fans of the anime and manga. Soul Resurrección is the first Bleach game to reach the PlayStation 3, and we’re excited to host its big debut! Soul Resurrección’s plot places you as the main protagonist in the series, Ichigo Kurosaki, closely following the current story arc unfolding in the anime/manga, in the land called Hueco Mundo. Along with your friends, it is your job to stop the evil Aizen who threatens the peace of both the Soul Society and the World of the Living with his army of evil Arrancars. It’s up to Ichigo and the rest of the Soul Reapers to destroy the Arrancars and bring a stop to Aizen’s evil ambitions. That’s really all I can say about the story so far. I don’t want to ruin the surprise for you all!

Bleach: Soul Resurrección is a hack-and-slash action game. It features beautifully cell-shaded graphics that helps maintain the anime feel of Bleach we have come to know and enjoy. Within the game you will find various modes including the main Story mode that will allow you to play as various characters from the Bleach universe as the battle against Aizen unfolds. In total there are 21 selectable characters, so needless to say, the game is jam-packed! Each character his or her own unique combo moves that can be performed both on the ground and in the air to inflict crazy amounts of damage on the Arrancars! As you defeat Arrancars and bosses, you will also collect “Soul Points” that can be used to upgrade your character by using a character upgrade map system. This upgrade system is unique to each character, so there is plenty of replay value to level each character to their fullest potential. Be on the lookout for Bleach: Soul Resurrección exclusively on PlayStation 3, coming this summer! Don’t forget to check out the official trailer too!

Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland

Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland for PS3

Atelier series fans! We are happy to announce that Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland will make its English debut on the PS3 this fall. For those new to the Atelier series, Atelier games are RPG-style games that focus on adventuring and alchemy. Atelier Totori is the latest installment of the series, starring a girl named Totori. Young Totori decides one day that she wants to become an adventurer, so she decides to open a small workshop (“atelier”) to fund her quest. Along the way you encounter a bunch of brand new friends to help you in your adventure and you’ll notice a few familiar faces (as the story takes place a bit after Atelier Rorona) from previous Atelier games that will appear to help.

One of the new features included in Atelier Totori is the incorporation of MP (Mana Points) for Totori and party members during battle sequences. In the previous Atelier game, Atelier Rorona , players’ special moves relied solely on HP, which would deplete the corresponding amount from your health pool. This time around, players can look forward to having access to both MP and HP, and we hope players will appreciate this change to the turn-based combat system. It wouldn’t be an Atelier game without alchemy, so you all can look forward to hundreds of synthesizable items! Since Totori is bent on becoming an adventurer, a lot of the game’s focus is pointed toward exploring new areas. You will gain licenses to access different areas — most brand new, a few familiar. Lastly, like the previous Atelier games, you can look forward to multiple endings depending on your actions during the game. Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland is set for release this fall. Check it out, dood!

ClaDun x2

ClaDun x2 for PSPClaDun x2 for PSP

Last but not least for our newly announced titles, we have ClaDun x2 for the PSP, which will be available exclusively on the PlayStation Network this summer! For those who aren’t familiar with the ClaDun games, they are exciting action-based dungeon-crawling games that also incorporate RPG facets. Graphically, ClaDun x2 has a classic feel to it, as the graphics scheme pays homage to the pixilated characters of old-school 8-bit games. The premise of the game is to progress through dungeons and level your party members, any one of which can take the role of the main character. You know the phrase “You are only as strong as your weakest link”? This phrase in essence sums up a lot of the “leveling” in ClaDun x2. The whole process is facilitated through a “Magic Circle” system. There are various ways to structure your group, and which characters you place in your Magic Circle will determine their strengths (and weaknesses).

In ClaDun x2, expect more dungeons, updated weapons, more items, more Magic Circles, new monsters, and of course new custom character classes. However, there are a few noteworthy changes to discuss, including an updated character edit system: Now you’re now able to edit your character’s appearance even more than before, this time including movement animations, and even weapons! Last, if you enjoyed the “Ran-geons” from the first ClaDun, you’ll be happy to know that they’ve made the transition to ClaDun x2. We are also happy to announce that “Neo-geons” and “Tri-geons” have been included in the new ClaDun. “Neo-geons” allow you to change certain variables within them, such as weapon and item drop rates, monster levels, and more. “Tri-geons” allow players to choose different paths of difficulty within them, and depending which path is chosen, item drops, item rarity, and monster difficulty will change. If you have a PSP and are looking for an awesome “pick up and play” style dungeon crawler, definitely try out ClaDun x2. It’ll be available on PSN this summer!

Disgaea 4 Trailer

Before I sign off here, I want to leave on a strong note: please take a gander at the Disgaea 4 trailer above. If you haven’t seen it, it’s a must-watch for anyone that’s a fan of the series, or for anyone that enjoys humor in general! For more info, check out our Disgaea 4 website.

+ Citrean on May 24th, 2011 at 11:27 am said:

Best news all week, I will pass on the BLEACH game but the rest are must buy and SE pre orders. Very excited for Disgaea it looks amazing :)

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 2:54 pm said:

Hey Citrean,

You’re welcome, dood!

Hopefully we’ll have some good news on Totori’s release in the upcoming months! The Disgaea 4 Premium Edition is going to be awesome with that Fuka figurine!

Have a great day!

+ KazeEternal on May 24th, 2011 at 11:32 am said:

Is BLEACH going to have english subtitles with Japanese dub? I really don’t like the localized actor choices or dialog choices for the US.

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 2:58 pm said:

Hi KazeEternal,

At the moment we are still in the process of confirming if we will have both language versions, but I should be able to come back on to the PSN blog in the upcoming month or so to give you an update!

+ I3rand0 on May 24th, 2011 at 11:34 am said:

Thanks for bringing these to NA. Can’t wait for Totori.

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 3:00 pm said:

Heya l3rand0!

Definitely, dood! I’m really excited to play Totori myself, I got to work pretty closely with the crew here on Atelier Rorona last year, so I’m looking forward to the next installment!

Have an awesome night!

+ NeoHumpty on May 24th, 2011 at 11:40 am said:

I’ve never heard of Atelier Totori before, but it sounds like just what I’ve been looking for. I’ve been missing turn based fights since FF went to hell. Thanks for pointing this out to me, I’ll be keeping an eye on it.

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 3:28 pm said:

Heya NeoHumpty!

We should have more info on Totori soon, including the official trailer. Since it’s been out in Japan, it should be pretty easy to track down some game-play footage for the turn-based battle. Definitely check it out!

Have a great night!

+ Christian399 on May 24th, 2011 at 11:40 am said:

Thank you NISA. At least one publisher who is true to their fans and not swept up in this AAA or bust b.s. mentality. I’m generally disappointed with the games industry this gen for any number of reasons, but I’ll be buying your games regardless of whether I play them or not, just to give you my support.

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 3:35 pm said:

Hi Christian399!

Thank you, dood! It really means a lot to us to hear that. Our fans are a definite consideration in everything that we do here at NISA. We truly appreciate your constant support!!!

Rock on, dood!

+ Bigmouthkid on May 24th, 2011 at 11:47 am said:

I’m definitely getting Bleach and Disgaea 4. I have a question though, does the story start from the Substitute Soul Reaper story arc? You know from the very beginning of the anime or does it only start from the Arrancar story arc? Oh btw Captain Aizen can kick rocks.XD

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 3:50 pm said:

Greetings Bigmouthkid!

I can confirm the story revolves around the Arrancar story arc, so the game contains recent events that have been happening in Hueco Mundo.

I hope this info helps!

+ vojtik666 on May 24th, 2011 at 11:56 am said:

… hm i need store ! :-)

+ tacotaskforce on May 24th, 2011 at 12:00 pm said:

Any word on special edition packaging for Totori? Nendoroids and paperweights, perhaps?

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 3:38 pm said:

Heya tacotaskforce!

We don’t have anything official that we can announce just yet for Totori, however we are working on it, dood! Be on the lookout for the announcement in our Prinny Bomb, and then here on the PSN Blog too!

Have a great night!

+ Enigma777 on May 24th, 2011 at 12:01 pm said:

Out of that list, only Disgaea 4 interests me.

+ wocyob on May 24th, 2011 at 12:01 pm said:

will bleach have Japanese voice over as well?… really hate the English dub

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 3:54 pm said:

Hi wocybo!

At the moment I can’t confirm or deny that it will be in there just yet, however I should be able to come back on the PSN blog to update everyone in the near future!

I hope this info helps!

+ Robbie_G_lrish on May 24th, 2011 at 12:05 pm said:

That Disgaea 4 trailer is awesome.

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 3:55 pm said:

Heya Robbie_G_Irish!

Thanks, dood!

The Prinnies here at NISA are super excited for Disgaea 4!!

Only a few months until launch!!!!

+ NeoPhantome on May 24th, 2011 at 12:48 pm said:

Man, Disgaea 4, already preordered it at Gamestop. It’s a “MUST HAVE” for RPG fans :D can’t wait.

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 4:03 pm said:

Hey NeoPhantome!

You know it, dood! Disgaea 4 is looking great. The HD-sprites really make the characters look awesome!

Have an awesome night!

+ NeoPhantome on May 24th, 2011 at 12:51 pm said:

@12 Gamestop here is taking preorder already since a month for Disgaea 4 (Canada)

+ jeffsmither on May 24th, 2011 at 12:38 pm said:

Bleach! Hell Yeh, Im going to get that!

+ WastelandDan on May 24th, 2011 at 12:15 pm said:

As an RPG & Anime fan I am impressed. Cladun is a sweet lil series….this is an RPG…omg classic! Cant wait to play x2!

Now I just need a PStore to buy these things from…dagon PSPgo…dagon download only….

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 4:02 pm said:

Hi WastelandDan,

I too am excited for ClaDun x2. The “Tri-geons” and “Neo-geons” are looking pretty cool. Aside from the normal dungeons I think they’ll bring a lot of re-play to the game.

We should be announcing the official ClaDun x2 website fairly soon on!

+ Dante989 on May 24th, 2011 at 12:25 pm said:

Oh man… i was hoping bleach would start from the beginning.

+ Shadow_Kamui on May 24th, 2011 at 1:07 pm said:

Disgaea 4 is a must why September it should be next month

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 4:07 pm said:

Heya Shadow_Kamui!

I know! I wish it could be out sooner. I’m making the Prinnies work extra hard ^^

Have an awesome night, dood!

+ azariaspice on May 24th, 2011 at 1:26 pm said:

Loved Atelier Rorona! Gotta finish it up though! I’ll definitely be getting Atelier Totori. I wonder if there’ll be any special things with it, like an art book. I thought that was a nice touch to Atelier Rorona! It didn’t cost extra, and it was nice to have!

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 4:14 pm said:

Hi azariaspice!

We’re playing with a bunch of ideas in regards to extras for the Totori release. I can’t tell you anything specific just yet, but you should check out our Prinny Bomb newsletter signup on our webpage. It’ll have all the Totori announcements on it as we make them!

Have a great night!

+ Nawf_Side_HTX on May 24th, 2011 at 1:29 pm said:

Wanna know whats up on the psn store,yes its great to be back online,but i cant play games like Fight Night Champion,or MK9 because those games have access codes you have to enter at the psn store to play online! Thanks.

+ Deathspear666 on May 24th, 2011 at 1:41 pm said:

@37…Sony likes keeping its PAYING CUSTOMERS in the dark….but glad to be online though lol :)

+ Ex-DarkBlade on May 24th, 2011 at 1:43 pm said:

What about Final Fantasy 13 Versus?

+ Ex-DarkBlade on May 24th, 2011 at 1:45 pm said:

What about Final Fantasy 13 Versus? -_-

+ Maj1nX on May 24th, 2011 at 1:52 pm said:

Bleach looks awsome
Cant wait to get it. Just hope the story doesnt have all those fillers like the anime, in the middle of hueco mundo. Collecters ed would be great 2.

+ ljc321 on May 24th, 2011 at 2:12 pm said:

Will there be an option to use Japanese voices on the Bleach game? I’ll be getting Disgaea 4, though.

+ TheGrimHeaper on May 24th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

I love NISA and definitely plan on buy (most) of these. The Bleach game is a Dynasty Warriors-esque game and those are… blegh.

+ Hokage_45678 on May 24th, 2011 at 2:25 pm said:

Thankyou Sooo much Sony. You guys just made my summer by announcing bleach for PS3 in N.A

Btw what does NIS stand for?

+ ljc321 on May 24th, 2011 at 2:35 pm said:

@44 Nippon Ichi Software

+ megamixer on May 24th, 2011 at 3:07 pm said:

“You create the majority of all your inventory items/weapons through alchemy”
That sort of thing tends to overwhelm me in games but is also what faqs/guides are for. I don’t mind grinding for materials so long as I know how to put them together in a non-wasteful manner. Should be fun. :)

+ Ryan Phillips on May 24th, 2011 at 4:31 pm said:

Hi megamixer,

The synthesis in the game is pretty easy to get into and there are tutorials to really help you get the hang of it in the beginning. The first couple of areas make it easy for you to gather and make things using alchemy, so the learning curve is pretty minimal.

Also, depending on which you choose to do more, there are different story paths or events you can unlock, so you could technically focus more on adventuring on your first playthrough and do the bare-minimum of alchemy to get by. Getting the best ending in the game will require a really good balance of the both ^^

Hope this helps!

+ hypersk_us on May 24th, 2011 at 7:09 pm said:

Hello, just a quick question!

Will we be getting a demo on the NA PSN Store for Bleach: Soul Resurrección?

I would love to est the game a little bit before buying it!

+ Ryan Phillips on May 25th, 2011 at 11:18 am said:

Hi hypersk_us!

Unfortunately, there is not going to be a demo of the game available for the U.S. PSN. There is a really early-build of the game in demo form on the Japanese PSN if you wanted to try it out. There have been a lot of improvements since then, however if you wanted to get a small feel for the game, definitely check it out.

+ hypersk_us on May 24th, 2011 at 7:10 pm said:

+ The_Kinters_09 on May 25th, 2011 at 1:49 pm said:

Bleach is looking pretty sweet and I will definitely be purchasing it……this makes me wonder if there will be an attempt to make a new Yu Yu Hakusho game as the one on PS2 bombed so badly

+ alphagamer365 on May 25th, 2011 at 1:55 pm said:

i find it hilarious that they are showing the disguia 4 trailer and saying its easy to understand, even though in the background its japanese text. WHO THE HELL UNDER THE AGE OF 18 IN AMERICA IS GOING TO UNDERSTAND JAPANESE????!!!!

+ Keyeszx on May 25th, 2011 at 2:32 pm said:

You guys just know how to do things right. You disappoint me with Bleach by not making it heat the soul fighting style and a stupid hack and slash and then you cheer me up way more than I needed to with Disgaea 4 and all the new editions. At first I was like ok it’s decent needs a better narrator and then BAM! he starts getting really good. Epic, fix Bleach so it’s like Heat the Soul and we’re good.

+ AricHAssasin25 on May 25th, 2011 at 2:56 pm said:

I am definitely going to get Bleach!

+ BarthusReed on May 25th, 2011 at 3:09 pm said:

Thanks for answering my questions Ryan, and it’s good to know the calendar system has changed a bit, I was contently consulting the guide, and my friends, with Rorona, trying get all the stuff done on deadline XD.

+ Ryan Phillips on May 25th, 2011 at 3:51 pm said:

Hey BarthusReed,

My pleasure, dood!

Rorona took a while to get into the groove of finishing the kingdom quests while working on alchemy. One of our testers platinumed it with the Astrid ending. He created a detailed schedule to get it, hahaha. I think having a large overall deadline makes it less stressful, and that’s what I’m looking forward to in Totori. ^^

+ Lord_Ka1n on May 25th, 2011 at 12:06 pm said:

+ OverlordLaharl on May 25th, 2011 at 12:34 pm said:

Been a fan of Disgaea since #1 so i will buy this for sure! (Yeah i know what a shock with my name :D) Also looking forward to AT, really like the first one on ps3!

+ Ryan Phillips on May 25th, 2011 at 1:02 pm said:

Greetings OverlordLaharl!

Hahaha, I’m liking your name! You should get the classic Laharl guffaw (Haaaahahahaha) after it, that’d be awesome, heheheh.

It sounds like you’re stoked for both titles, dood! This summer is going to be a blast!

Have a great day!

+ Meteorgun7 on May 25th, 2011 at 12:24 pm said:

Can’t wait to get Bleach and Disgaea 4!!!!

+ Ryan Phillips on May 25th, 2011 at 1:00 pm said:

Hey Lord_Ka1n!

Same here, dood!

Have a great day!

+ dan_alex95 on May 25th, 2011 at 3:11 pm said:

OMG, when I read this post, I was so amazed, I knew about the Bleach game existence in Japan, BUT THAT IT WILL BE ALSO HERE IS AWESOME!!!!! I LOVE IT ‘CAUSE I’M WATCHING THE ANIME AND IT’S REALLY COOL!!!

One last thing, will Japanese dub can be selected at the game Options with English subs?? ‘caus I love more the Japanese voices than the english ones.

+ Ryan Phillips on May 25th, 2011 at 3:53 pm said:

Hi dan_alex95!

I’m glad you’re excited for BLEACH, dood! Everyone here at NIS America sure are too!

We are still in the process of confirming the dual audio w. Japanese/English, so I’ll make sure to update everyone here on the PS Blog once i know!

Have a great day!

+ dan_alex95 on May 25th, 2011 at 3:13 pm said:

Cool dude, I can see that you also watch the anime, AWESOME!!!

+ stef_bone on May 25th, 2011 at 3:35 pm said:

as much if a bleach fan i am, this game is surely going to dissapoint me :/

+ lilrobda1 on May 25th, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

Thank you for replying to me Ryan. I appreciate it.

+ ViolentGene on May 25th, 2011 at 5:48 pm said:

Atelier will be as sub-par as ever.

Disgaea, on the other hand, will be magic as always!

+ georgieGENOCIDE on May 25th, 2011 at 6:19 pm said:

Dear Nippon Ichi,

I love your games… but they’re hard to find in small towns.

+ SlaughteredNinja on May 25th, 2011 at 11:57 pm said:

I’m a BLEACH fanatic, so I’ll definitely look forward to this!

+ FlameHazeXXI on May 26th, 2011 at 1:51 am said:

I want Criminal Girls!

+ Jin_Kusanagi on May 26th, 2011 at 4:07 am said:

Man…if the Bleach was like the Blade Battlers at least….

Disgaea 4 Limited Edittion for me for sure.

Maybe Cladun too.

+ jkuc316 on May 26th, 2011 at 5:59 am said:

Is the story of Bleach: Soul Resurreccion close to where the story is in the US or Japan?

+ PristineSneakers on May 26th, 2011 at 8:02 am said:

Woo hoo!! Bring on Bleach!

+ Katsumottojp on May 26th, 2011 at 8:04 am said:

any news about bleach dual audio option???(japanese), im just waiting for this to make my preorder!!

Also, does other previous disgaea characters coming back in Disgaea 4????(we already know laharl and the blond one from the first, but what about the ones from 2 and 3?)

And…, does NIS plan to make any grow up JRPGs(something with less huge-enourmous-jokes, kiddy visuals and fanservice?)

thanks again NIS!!!!!

+ Ryan Phillips on May 26th, 2011 at 4:26 pm said:

Hi Katsumottojp!

Please see comment #152 for the dual audio news for Bleach!

Have a great day!