PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

UPDATED: PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance Today

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on May 24, 2011 // Sr. Social Media Manager

UPDATE: The maintenance has been completed, and Account Management and other affected functions are once again accessible. Thanks, as always, for your patience.

PlayStation Network is scheduled to undergo maintenance today, from about 8am until approximately 5pm Pacific time. During this time, registration and Account Management will be inaccessible, including the password reset process. While some users may experience difficulty signing in to PSN, the majority of consumers will be able to play online as well as sign in to external sites that require PSN authentication (like this one).

For those asking about the PlayStation Store, we’re still targeting restoration of all services by the end of this month. Contrary to reports, the Store will not be publishing today.

Stay tuned to the PlayStation Twitter feed for updates and a notice when maintenance has concluded.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

2,143 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 43

+ AK-69er on May 24th, 2011 at 8:25 am said:

no newf, they don’t deserve the trust of Maritimers espescially lol

+ jeffsmither on May 24th, 2011 at 8:25 am said:

when you say “the Store will not be publishing today.” Does that mean that the store will be up today without new stuff?

+ Legend_Legion on May 24th, 2011 at 8:25 am said:

@139 thanks, is there another way to redeem that code?

+ RazielTempest on May 24th, 2011 at 8:25 am said:

omg why is it im seeing ME,ME,ME BLAH blah blah be lucky your getting anything at all sony is doing the best they can and all you can do is sit there and be selfish. And to be honest they dont have to give us anything be lucky your getting anything at all.

+ J-ToWne421 on May 24th, 2011 at 8:26 am said:

SONY…. there to let its loyal customers D
O
W
N

+ JALEN890 on May 24th, 2011 at 8:27 am said:

I can wait, the 31st is right around the corner.

for those of you complaining, im sure we who have “patience” are playing the worlds smallest violin for you

+ DrJoker83 on May 24th, 2011 at 8:27 am said:

dont mind waiting for store only need my socom4 dlc is all. luckly i got my mk stuff before it went down my biggest concern is the free stuff ur giving us free games i think u should have just gave us 500-1000 bucks in are wallets so we could get what we want when the store is up and in the future if we see somthing we’d like instead of being limitted to a time period of junk or somthing we allready have. allso if u did that it wouldn’t matter cause the funds are non-refundible so u still would see the money back. eather way thanks for all ur hard work and keep it up ill stand beside u all the way

+ Morph17 on May 24th, 2011 at 8:27 am said:

End of the month? FUUUUUUUUUUUUU- Oh wait we’re almost at the end of the month. Should be up this week or until next Tuesday.

+ spike_was-here on May 24th, 2011 at 8:28 am said:

when are u guys gna put it back online u guys said 2day was gna b it how longer we have to wait im tired of waiting

+ TypeRighter on May 24th, 2011 at 8:28 am said:

Seriously!? No Playstation Store!? LAME

+ Mitsuzuki on May 24th, 2011 at 8:28 am said:

What does Sony have to say about Dirt 3 coming out today, and nobody being able to play online because of the Online Pass withing the game?

That kind of stinks, eeh?

What say you, Sony?

+ BDG420 on May 24th, 2011 at 8:28 am said:

@144
not until the store is up but the good news is you dont need it until its up. you can just log in and play.

+ Slawterer on May 24th, 2011 at 8:29 am said:

I don’t understand these complaints to be honest. Wasn’t the original statement for the 31st of may?

+ dude2341 on May 24th, 2011 at 8:29 am said:

@newf_31 This is an update they do them all the time it has nothing to do with you it’s most likely some kind of internal PSN store fix. The problem with that is if Sony said were are doing a store update you and thousands of others would just assume it would be up today. This would be assumed even if you they wrote in the article in bold that the store would not be up. you do know what you do when you ASSUME don’t you!!!

+ BDG420 on May 24th, 2011 at 8:30 am said:

@150
and where did you hear this

+ gargoyle30 on May 24th, 2011 at 8:30 am said:

u suck i need 2 enter codes

+ MythicJWOP on May 24th, 2011 at 8:31 am said:

Sony is just like life itself, full of disappointments and heartbreak. What a pathetic failure of a company.

+ UAE_HITMAN on May 24th, 2011 at 8:31 am said:

i feel PSN Store Up Soon

+ Mao_Zedong on May 24th, 2011 at 8:31 am said:

You guys feel like updating asia.playstation.com on what’s going on? Ever? Do you even know that people in Asia have PS3s and play online? It sure doesn’t seem like it.

+ JOCAFU on May 24th, 2011 at 8:31 am said:

Sony should at least put a place somewhere where you could at least activate your games… I bought DCUO when the playstation network came back online to later find out that I cant play until I redeem the activation code in the playstation store… All the free stuff is great and all but, I just want to activate my game…

+ agranos on May 24th, 2011 at 8:31 am said:

All you people whining and moaning about how they didn’t debunk a rumor about when the Store will be restored need to shut up. YOU GUYS were the ones believing that rumor that Sony didn’t even start? I realize that Sony isn’t the best at communicating to people. But they’ve been keeping people up to date as best they can to when things will be restored. Don’t you think they’d have put it on the blog when the store would be brought back up? Quit your whining and go back to your crib, kthxbai

+ JaycenDark on May 24th, 2011 at 8:32 am said:

How about a refund program where we give you are crappy not fully functional ps3 and you give us our money back . Oh and congrats on those ” Top security firms” you hired to help that let the registration page be hacked .I am not a happy customer Sony I have owned a Playstations since the first one and this outage is now getting unacceptable. I am not an online gamer I have just been waiting for the store to get back so i can buy some new games So thank you again Sony for letting the rumors fly and springing maintenance on us .

+ christhedawg on May 24th, 2011 at 8:32 am said:

well theres goes todays double xp on call of duty thanks sony

+ J-ToWne421 on May 24th, 2011 at 8:34 am said:

be happy sony lets you touch there nuts…….. some of you hold sony nuts way to deep in your mouth… they lie and munipulate… and you want their scrotom on your tongue…. stand up for something other than a fortune 500 company…… effing losers…

+ BDG420 on May 24th, 2011 at 8:34 am said:

@163

you can still get your double xp on ba….mhmm call of duk ehhm duty read the post again.

+ games_james on May 24th, 2011 at 8:35 am said:

Well thanks for an update at least but still pretty lame its taking this long to get the store up o well im not the one losing money everyday its down u are sony

+ MrWalterCool on May 24th, 2011 at 8:35 am said:

You suck sony… I always through about “Sony, the big enterprise with big quality”…

And now I must wait for redeem some “InGame” codes… thank you

+ DuoMaxwell007 on May 24th, 2011 at 8:36 am said:

@102

umm greedy? we want the store up so we can SPEND money.. isnt that the opposite of greedy? thats putting more money in sony;s pockets

Also i notice the article says teh store wont be PUBLISHING today… maybe publishing doenst mean teh same as “wont be up” today?

+ pdblood on May 24th, 2011 at 8:36 am said:

See!!! All of you guys started saying that the Playstation store was gonna be open today and saying that the information was “leaked” and because that person “leaked” it Sony thought it cool to prove that guy wrong by prolonging the Playstation store date. Good going!

+ Sociopath_01 on May 24th, 2011 at 8:36 am said:

Bring back the store I had to buy a new system and transfered my data but I can’t get my dlc that I already paid for until the store is back up

+ The3D-Artist on May 24th, 2011 at 8:36 am said:

I am still waiting on my password reset email so waiting a few hours more won’t really kill me. I hope this down time means the store will be back this week.

+ MrWigglyz on May 24th, 2011 at 8:36 am said:

RazielTempest they dont have to give us anything at all? They sure do or they will never get a penny from me and that is coming from someone that has two PS3’s and buys plays alot of different games.

+ pdblood on May 24th, 2011 at 8:37 am said:

lol just kidding.

+ hereon on May 24th, 2011 at 8:37 am said:

Has anyone tried to redeem their codes off the website, that’s how I claimed my killzone 3 map back from the website under my account I just can’t download it

+ Legend_Legion on May 24th, 2011 at 8:38 am said:

Tru dat effin elfs

+ DiceDaHitman on May 24th, 2011 at 8:38 am said:

So you couldn’t wait till after the double XP was finished. -__-

+ veldhuid on May 24th, 2011 at 8:39 am said:

Wow. Sony screws up again. I already returned my psp go and have been having a blast with portal 2 on xbox. I once crono cross comes out I am done being a Sony customer.

I can see why nintendo parted ways with them in 93.

Has PS3 made Sony any money?

+ steamone06 on May 24th, 2011 at 8:40 am said:

word i got 10$ saved on my account and just brought a 20$ psn card cant wait dont mind the wait just dont let it happen again.

+ VixDiesel on May 24th, 2011 at 8:40 am said:

yippie, can’t sign in. ugh.

+ BDG420 on May 24th, 2011 at 8:41 am said:

anybody saying that sony is ruining duble xp for fall of dukie needs to READ THE POST AGAIN. YOU CAN STILL PLAY ONLINE.

+ FunkyTable on May 24th, 2011 at 8:41 am said:

Thanks For the hard work guys.

+ RazielTempest on May 24th, 2011 at 8:42 am said:

QUOTE “Open to everyone, but don’t be a jerk.”

Comments are the lifeblood of the PlayStation.Blog, and we encourage you to keep the conversation going in a relevant, constructive way. Remember: no swearing, fighting, or using the comments section of this blog to be “first!” Think about what you’re saying before you press “Submit.” .All i got to say bout sony haters and their prestine way of not handeling situations well. This is a very good thing sony has posted yet i see some of you still whining about the store not being up. Sony has gone thru some issues and yet you ppl whining take them for granted. This is not how you should behave here so with that being said learn to have pacients sony again is tryng hard to fullfill the needs of all its gamers and hard core gamers out there. Dont take it out on SONY fully blame the person who caused this to happen in the first place. And if you hate sony so much and cant be pacient there is a thing called a world out there go enjoy it youd be surprised what your missing in the outside world.

+ DominantDude on May 24th, 2011 at 8:42 am said:

How much would you like to bet that the store wont be up for the 31st? Or the 1st… OR the “Coming days” when they tell us so, OR “Within the next week” when they tell us THAT too?

Ive come to leanr that NOTHING Sony tells you will EVER be true, not even a little… Ive also come to learn that if you DO decide to beleive them, youre only setting yourself up to be hurt…

+ ACE_ME on May 24th, 2011 at 8:42 am said:

Well Sony that is all well and good, just as long as when the store is avaliable THE LEGEND OF THE DRAGOON will be avaliable as well. And it better be avaliable.

+ ktolson1234 on May 24th, 2011 at 8:42 am said:

whats the point in this update if it dont let us use the store?

+ johnny_toastburn on May 24th, 2011 at 8:43 am said:

I, for one, appreciate the updates, even if it’s a “we don’t know exactly when.” Just putting SOMETHING online shows that the problem isn’t being ignored. I’m a new PS3 owner (purchased WHILE the Network was down) and I don’t regret my purchase for one second. Sony is providing much better customer service than a lot of companies out there!

+ JDA2797 on May 24th, 2011 at 8:43 am said:

really gettting to be pissed with sony i mean come on i want my free stuff but ill still be with sony for now

+ BDG420 on May 24th, 2011 at 8:43 am said:

@182

i agree

+ mamodo18 on May 24th, 2011 at 8:45 am said:

kinda dissapointed didnt do anything to stop the rumors.good job sony but at least you told us something

+ EsceletoBambero on May 24th, 2011 at 8:45 am said:

dame alot of impatient people here. and i think the store will be up by the end of this week

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 43