PS4-Watch_Dogs

Identity Theft Protection Offer for PlayStation Network and Qriocity Customers

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on May 25, 2011 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

Starting today, PlayStation Network and Qriocity account holders in the United States can begin the enrollment process for the identity theft protection program by visiting http://us.playstation.com/news/consumeralerts/identity-theft-protection/. We are also notifying customers of the enrollment landing page via email, which you will receive in your inbox this week.

As previously announced, Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment have made arrangements with Debix to offer the AllClear ID PLUS identity theft protection program to PlayStation Network and Qriocity customers who are concerned about identity theft following the criminal cyber attack on the network. AllClear ID PLUS is a premium identity protection service that uses advanced technology to deliver alerts to help protect you from identity theft. The service also provides identity theft insurance coverage and hands-on help from expert fraud investigators. Sony has arranged, at no charge to eligible PlayStation Network and Qriocity account holders, for twelve months of this service to be provided by Debix to those who choose to enroll.

In order to be eligible, account holders must be residents of the United States with active accounts as of April 20, 2011.

1,346 Comments   3 Replies

PAGE 1 25 26 27

+ AlecLynch on May 30th, 2011 at 1:31 pm said:

I can bet you all my money that either today or tomorrow they’ll announce the store is coming June 1st, which is stupid since we don’t want to know that information the same day, it’s like saying: “Today is Monday”. Useless.

+ kubex on May 30th, 2011 at 1:37 pm said:

Sony is a garbage company full of lies. Never trust Sony … Ever!!!!

+ BLAZ3DAFUNK on May 30th, 2011 at 1:37 pm said:

MUSIC SERVICE BACK ONLINE… STORE BETTER BE SOON!!

+ PurpleXelephant on May 30th, 2011 at 1:53 pm said:

@1273

Activision is the one who sets the prices for the map packs, not Sony.

+ tennbounty60 on May 30th, 2011 at 1:53 pm said:

sony time is clicking down yall said the end of the month and its tommrow for the store be back yall going keep yalls word

+ Zorvan on May 30th, 2011 at 2:10 pm said:

@ Ohaider1337

Wow, fanbois just make want to remove their balls with a rusty spoon..

+ BLAZ3DAFUNK on May 30th, 2011 at 2:53 pm said:

CAN WE GET AN UPDATE ON THE RESTORATION PROGRESS??? IS THIS HOW YOU TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS?

BY TELLING THEM NOTHING DAY AFTER DAY

+ gfsuperman on May 30th, 2011 at 3:46 pm said:

i see alot of ‘what about canada?’ …. what about it? who cares….. its canada.

+ gfsuperman on May 30th, 2011 at 3:59 pm said:

Howdy Jeff, any announcements on the store?

+ gfsuperman on May 30th, 2011 at 4:02 pm said:

**er…. Patrick.

+ Edgar_S09 on May 30th, 2011 at 4:55 pm said:

when is the ps store coming back up???

+ phatjim4u on May 30th, 2011 at 5:53 pm said:

@1302 So you expect Sony to update you daily… here is your daily update…

SONY IS WORKING ON IT…

Yes I am getting a little edgy myself that is why I am asking questions and not defecating on the provider of the service. It is easier to get answers when you ask a question… not by lighting a bag of poop on fire at their doorstep.

+ C_ManK47 on May 30th, 2011 at 5:54 pm said:

@ gfsuperman

your saying who cares about canada but the real answer is who cares about freaking iraq

+ phatjim4u on May 30th, 2011 at 5:57 pm said:

@1302 if you need a daily update please refer to post #1307

+ phatjim4u on May 30th, 2011 at 6:05 pm said:

i can imagine that Sony is under a lot of pressure right now because of the money lost from the outage… they will restore and yes if you read my earlier posts I am a little impatient myself…

Someone did post something interesting, I cannot remember who or what number, but basically boils down to: Complaining isn’t going to make it happen any faster. .

Case in point I refer you to the case of “Lisa and Bart V. Homer” in which the defendant heretofore referred to as “Homer” in which the Prosecution: Bart and Lisa, constantly harassed Homer with a constant barrage of “Are we there yet?” on Homer. The ruling was, that it did not get the aforementioned people to the destination faster it only increased the amount of stress in the defendant.

+ Conrad3286 on May 30th, 2011 at 6:53 pm said:

Sony would like to thank you for your patience while we figure out how crappy we are at dealing with all this. We understand that the way we’ve handled all this really displays our gross incompetence when it comes down to our core and most important and critical aspects of our trade. I know it’s sad but what can we say. We don’t really care if you don’t have access to your stuff that you’ve paid us greatly for. We appreciate you money, so now that we have it you can go sit and spin consumer. I believe it was Bill Maher that said, “We all ready have your money, dude.”

(What all of Sony’s half assed updates really say to me.)

+ phatjim4u on May 30th, 2011 at 7:08 pm said:

@1311 refer to 1307

+ Skywise316 on May 30th, 2011 at 7:16 pm said:

Well maybe if “Homer” ever bothered to say SOMETHING to “Bart and Lisa,” “Bart and Lisa” just might feel a little better. At least they wouldn’t feel left in the dark.

+ phatjim4u on May 30th, 2011 at 7:27 pm said:

@1313 there are signs all over the place on a road trip telling you where you are and if they don’t take the time to read them that it their fault the highways don’t update you every mile… do they?

+ phatjim4u on May 30th, 2011 at 7:29 pm said:

___________________
| Las Vegas 437 mi |
———————————

___________________
| Las Vegas 436 mi |
———————————

___________________
| Las Vegas 435 mi |
———————————

and so on….

+ omenblade18 on May 30th, 2011 at 7:59 pm said:

Y’all trying my patience, get this store up. Ima remember this when the ps4 comes out.

+ Naruto7519849 on May 30th, 2011 at 8:50 pm said:

JUST UPDATE THE FREAKIN STORE (i’m not against playstaion just get the store back up so we can just give you money)

+ JG_Wentworth877 on May 30th, 2011 at 8:51 pm said:

So im wondering i bought my ps3 april 20th and was never able to sign in to play station network, do i still get these bonuses?

+ DJPac08 on May 30th, 2011 at 9:31 pm said:

just got a tweet from sony, full services, INCLUDING STORE!!!! will be up and running this week!!!! #1318 i don’t think you will be able to since you you just bought it, pretty sure it’s just for the existing customers when this happened

+ Zorvan on May 30th, 2011 at 10:50 pm said:

@1318

Doesn’t matter if you signed in or not. If your account was created before April 20th, you get the stuff. It goes solely by when the account was created. If you didn’t even have an account created though, you’re screwed on the gifts. However, you’d also have no worries about all of your info floating around in some hackers database due to Sony’s slacking, so you’d have the better deal anyway.

+ phatjim4u on May 30th, 2011 at 11:11 pm said:

@1318 You could always call Sony and ask… couldn’t hurt…

+ UWMoogie on May 31st, 2011 at 3:44 am said:

@1316 No you wont, like anybody here, you’ll forget over time and go “Awesome $%^& !!! Ps4 is out !!!”
@ 1307 No matter how hard you’d try to tell these peeps to be patient, they’ll wine like 4 years old waiting for their ice cream. Matter of fact, the ratio of peeps that have the slightest idea of how hard it is for Sony to deal with this rapidly is too weak…

+ kubex on May 31st, 2011 at 8:16 am said:

Sony is a bunch of liars and a garbage company

+ AIR_JORDAN_95 on May 31st, 2011 at 11:00 am said:

@1326 no they are not a garbage company so go play your xbox

+ TheIrishFool on May 31st, 2011 at 3:58 pm said:

hi i need to know something ok i bought battlefield bad company 2 ultimate edition and when i tried to redaem the code for the onslaught mode and the 1984 thing but it wont let me and the code on the paper sais it expires tommorow and im really panicking will the code still be good after you get the psn store up

(please answer quickly cause i’m having a heart attack)

+ TheIrishFool on May 31st, 2011 at 4:01 pm said:

p.s. kubex needs to shut up

+ Papavb on June 1st, 2011 at 3:07 am said:

I live in the united state , Pa and my ps3 service has been down since they got hacked. Maybe 3 months with nothing other what I can read on the blog’s. This really sucks for me, since I’ve been a member for 4 years or more.

+ chmike14 on June 1st, 2011 at 5:01 pm said:

I have tried to sign up for the ID Theft protection yesterday early morning and I still have not heard back from SONY ! Is it normal ?

+ MOROCCAN_NUTTAH on June 2nd, 2011 at 8:55 am said:

ok now it works

+ BIGWORD on June 4th, 2011 at 7:45 am said:

+ Sinister-13- on June 4th, 2011 at 3:17 pm said:

How come when I go to sign up my e-mail for Identify Protection, my web browser is not indicating this as a SECURED site!?!?! I would like to take advantage of your id protection offer, but am anxious to provide ANY more personal information to a website that may not be secure. Hmm…did anybody else check for security before putting in e-mail, did we not learn any lessons from this???

+ sirdrinksalots on June 9th, 2011 at 12:49 pm said:

I guess once again canada gets screwed by sony didn’t think they were telling truth about us getting identity theft protection here

+ Jawls101 on June 10th, 2011 at 7:56 pm said:

Its a start albeit, sort of redundant in my case. Already have identity protection but it probably wont hurt to try a different monitoring agency. Sadly the only problem with these is that it reacts to a violation, if you can get away with it ask for a credit freeze. Frankly an ambitious user could borrow money in your name, make financial transactions which run up the taxes causing the gov’t to come after you, sieze your assets claiming that youre the identity thief. $1M is a hefty start but it can disappear in a flash.

Oh cancelling your card only means charges are tacked on to your new card. Talk to your card holder establish a safe word so that you can lock down your account in case someone tries to spoof you can call in.

Networks is up though so might as well get the free game.

+ kyungturner on June 14th, 2011 at 6:21 am said:

i tryed logging into my account on here and it’s ogged in as someone else. What do i do???

+ GumbyNeeley on June 14th, 2011 at 10:38 am said:

I have been waiting now for three weeks for my code. I have called Sony several times. Each time I call I have to wait 15 minutes to speak to a person. The Sony CS people are very nice people who can’t help at all…. I was just recently told that i should contact Debix… I did that.. still getting the run around. I use to be a serious Sony fanboy.. not so much now. What a let down…

+ domingotd on June 14th, 2011 at 7:09 pm said:

im in the same boat – no code yet and nothing heard. they were busy at e3 and again we wait

+ Wombatman on June 14th, 2011 at 7:52 pm said:

Same here, signed up for a code 3 weeks ago and nothing. Not impressed.

+ THUNDER_MICO on June 16th, 2011 at 8:41 am said:

I’ve tried to sign up numerous times without any success. I enter my email address and I’ve never gotten the promo code email.
I’ve called Sony and they tell me to call Debix. I’ve called Debix… they tell me it’s a Sony issue.
This was the only thing I wanted from the so called “Welcome Back Program” and it’s nothing more than a frustrating experience.
And yes… I’ve checked my span folder many times.
Thanks SONY

+ saintaqua on June 16th, 2011 at 11:00 am said:

Still waiting several weeks later for my email.
I’ve tried twice and checked spam folder and everything. Just not getting the email. :(

+ Hexperience on June 20th, 2011 at 7:39 am said:

June 20th and still no word on a Canadian plan? I guess they are just waiting for people to forget about it and hope that it blows over.

+ xSJTx on June 23rd, 2011 at 2:05 pm said:

How long do you plan to leave your Canadian customers in the dark, Sony?

PAGE 1 25 26 27