PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Identity Theft Protection Offer for PlayStation Network and Qriocity Customers

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on May 25, 2011 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

Starting today, PlayStation Network and Qriocity account holders in the United States can begin the enrollment process for the identity theft protection program by visiting http://us.playstation.com/news/consumeralerts/identity-theft-protection/. We are also notifying customers of the enrollment landing page via email, which you will receive in your inbox this week.

As previously announced, Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment have made arrangements with Debix to offer the AllClear ID PLUS identity theft protection program to PlayStation Network and Qriocity customers who are concerned about identity theft following the criminal cyber attack on the network. AllClear ID PLUS is a premium identity protection service that uses advanced technology to deliver alerts to help protect you from identity theft. The service also provides identity theft insurance coverage and hands-on help from expert fraud investigators. Sony has arranged, at no charge to eligible PlayStation Network and Qriocity account holders, for twelve months of this service to be provided by Debix to those who choose to enroll.

In order to be eligible, account holders must be residents of the United States with active accounts as of April 20, 2011.

1,346 Comments   3 Replies

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 27

+ Optic_Showout on May 25th, 2011 at 8:41 pm said:

@188 possibly its a rumor flying around but who knows everything to do with sony is a rumor now since they never communicate with us about what is actually going on

+ DYERS_EVE94 on May 25th, 2011 at 8:47 pm said:

sheesh calm down about the store ital be back on when ital be on -_-

+ PeRsONiiC_ScOpEz on May 25th, 2011 at 8:48 pm said:

Put the playstation store up soon i wanna play call of the dead when it first comes out

+ BountyRex19 on May 25th, 2011 at 8:51 pm said:

HEY , SONY i have a $50 PSN card waiting for the playstationstore ! PLEASE have it up by this weekend !

+ Deathspear666 on May 25th, 2011 at 8:51 pm said:

@188..Thats something to do with Infinity Ward/Activision not Sony..

+ krae_man on May 25th, 2011 at 8:52 pm said:

“We’re developing a program for Canada now, and will announce it when details are finalized.”

That’s not good enough, this should have been announced already. When is Sony going to do what it takes to make SCEC not suck? Seriously they are useless.

Canadians are tired of getting second rate support.

Video store: Two years after the US
PSN cards: Two years after the US
Contests: almost none compared to the numerious the US gets
Canada specific statements regarding what SCEC is doing after the security breach: NOTHING not even a press release.

Sony, you are not supporting the Canada properly. Find a solution to the overall problem already.

+ Deathspear666 on May 25th, 2011 at 8:54 pm said:

“hmmmmm i wonder if i keep complaining about the PS Store it will come back on”….STOP WHINING!!!!!

+ Fawndle on May 25th, 2011 at 8:54 pm said:

@blakseed – I’m not the one who keeps getting hacked due to incompetence and laziness. isthesonystoreonline.com ? NOPE – STILL DOWN. (Go ahead and try to break/hack my stuff you smug punk. I’m not lazy incompetent like Sony!)

+ ToreyCOD on May 25th, 2011 at 8:55 pm said:

you canadians need to calm down

+ The-Lazlow on May 25th, 2011 at 8:56 pm said:

Why? From the looks of things, theyre really getting screwed here…

+ LoveCars69 on May 25th, 2011 at 8:56 pm said:

Yeah good thing for the protection. But im stuck with a psp go and cant get any games due to store being down almost a month for me waiting PLEASE SOONER THAN LATER GET STORE BACK UP doesn’t help to have gift i cant play not happy at all!!!!

+ Deathspear666 on May 25th, 2011 at 8:58 pm said:

@Fawndle…GO TAKE YOUR TROLLING A** SOME PLACE ELSE D O U C H E BAG F***TARD!!

+ XxdeAd_ToNyxX on May 25th, 2011 at 9:00 pm said:

I Want my secondary Account Back..
I cant change the password via The same PS3 .
Its says Email Has been Sent to your Hotmail account.
I dont have a Hotmail account on My secondary 1
And I try to create one But it doesnt let Me And i cant have back My account.
Please Sony Fix this issue PLEASE.!

+ ej787 on May 25th, 2011 at 9:01 pm said:

thanks for the update

+ dmanhill132 on May 25th, 2011 at 9:02 pm said:

I really dont need it.. i mean if they was going to steal something out my account they would have already while they were under the rader..

+ Deathspear666 on May 25th, 2011 at 9:02 pm said:

@LovesCars69…the PSP GO is an expensive paper-weight and dead in the water anyways…PSP-3000 still better and the NGP comes out this fall lol But sry to hear you got a gift and cant use it

+ Fawndle on May 25th, 2011 at 9:03 pm said:

@Deathspear666 – I’m not trolling, I’m just angry. I own three PS3′s, have spent hundreds on the store and DLC, and am absolutely irate over the way Sony Incompetence has let this problem spiral out of control. My personal information leaked, credit cards canceled, services out. Is it not unreasonable to be UPSET that nothing seems to be getting to Sony Corporate about how serious deficiencies require serious changes?

No more empty apologies, long silences, promises broken… I’m not buying an XBOX or a Wii, but I’m not happy either!

+ The-Lazlow on May 25th, 2011 at 9:04 pm said:

+ Deathspear666
Whoa, calm down bro.
You’re full on mad.

+ honkayjeezus on May 25th, 2011 at 9:06 pm said:

That PS Store thing… yeah, get that back up.

I honestly appreciate the gestures Sony has been making, not to sound fanboyish but in the world of corporate console gaming it is refreshing. Thanks to all the folks who are working hard to make PSN a better place and keep the bad people away. I dislike bad people.

+ Kasaix on May 25th, 2011 at 9:07 pm said:

Thanks for looking out for us.

+ xI2esistanc3x_0 on May 25th, 2011 at 9:08 pm said:

[DELETED] asking about the store they said by the end of the the month so [DELETED] and don’t go off topic geeezzz

+ xCANADiAN_GiiRL on May 25th, 2011 at 9:09 pm said:

Hello all :)

+ The-Lazlow on May 25th, 2011 at 9:09 pm said:

if they were looking out for us, wouldnt have this never happened to begin with?

+ Eblis01 on May 25th, 2011 at 9:11 pm said:

Damn some of you are never happy just be glad that your on line now and that Sony is looking out for you.. much love and props as always.. Take your time :)

+ Deathspear666 on May 25th, 2011 at 9:14 pm said:

@Fawndle… I agree 100% trust me :) @The-Lazlow seems to me i’m not the mad one here..apparently you haven’t been reading all the posts lol You dont see me trolling or whining before reading lol

+ BAEZE_L on May 25th, 2011 at 9:15 pm said:

Whuuuuuh? Hey!…Uh…Sooo… About That PS Store. WHEN IS IT GOING TO BE FIXED???? I NEED MY PATAPON 3!!!!!

Please. And… Thank You SONY For All The High-Quality Muff.

+ TakiFuGu on May 25th, 2011 at 9:15 pm said:

Jeff, I have a very important question about the PSN welcome back program. Here’s the deal … all of the game that Sony is offering in the welcome back program, I already own. So, how is this WBP beneficial to me?

+ BAEZE_L on May 25th, 2011 at 9:16 pm said:

MUFFINS!!! High Quality MUFFINS!!! Oh… Darn.

+ TakiFuGu on May 25th, 2011 at 9:16 pm said:

games*

+ The-Lazlow on May 25th, 2011 at 9:16 pm said:

+ Deathspear666 You sadi: @Fawndle…GO TAKE YOUR TROLLING A** SOME PLACE ELSE D O U C H E BAG F***TARD!!
Sounds pretty mad to me.
And are you sure you know what trolling is? Because someone disagreeing with you is not the same thing as trolling.

+ ig0tReActi0NzZ on May 25th, 2011 at 9:17 pm said:

HAAHAAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

+ CaptenMidnite on May 25th, 2011 at 9:18 pm said:

I hope I see new PSP/PS1 games once the store comes back. And one more thing. Please stop removing PSP games from your store. Bring back Final Fantasy 1 and 2 (Anniversary Editions), and Namco Museum. Also, bring back ‘Einhander’ for the PS1.

+ BiscoMix on May 25th, 2011 at 9:19 pm said:

Sony clearly has to get the protection plan up and running before they can bring the Playstation Store back online. You people need to have some patience and stop threatening to move over the Xbox 360. Do you honestly think Sony cares about your 360 comments? If buying a 360 is going to stop your whining, do it!

+ Clark_kent01 on May 25th, 2011 at 9:21 pm said:

Hell i want the psn store back when is it going to be available

+ PainOfSarrow on May 25th, 2011 at 9:24 pm said:

LOL at all these PSN Store comments. people are maddd as helllll. i aggree i want the store up badddd to. sick of waiting, but the ppl that are demanding it to be up NOWWWW. thats funny as hell i can picture yall yelling at your computer screens lol woww.

+ Rstar101 on May 25th, 2011 at 9:25 pm said:

Can I ask a question??? when is the PS store going to be back up??? it still says going under maintence and I really want to buy acension for black ops :(

+ ZenSlave on May 25th, 2011 at 9:26 pm said:

I agree with #46. Sony is doing a great job under the unfortunate circumstances. I’m sure all the children whining about the store, all have parents who appreciate that Sony is taking extra care to make sure everything is in place and working before it opens back up. Making sure this doesn’t happen again is more important than using credits or downloading a new game IMO. They are losing money every single day,it’s not like they want the store closed. Keep up the good work,Sony. This will all be in the past and people will be complaining about something else you’re doing before you know it!

+ BAEZE_L on May 25th, 2011 at 9:28 pm said:

“Bread-Dead Revolver”??? How Come THAT One Is NOT AVAILABLE For ONE Of Those Choices?
Here… Have A List Of Games That SHOULD Be Available As Choices For You Guys.

For PS3 Owners:
-Bread-Dead Revolver
-Dream Cop Hyper Speedo Warrior
-Foltsom Jestum
-Crittersomniacatatonicamoflagelato 2 HD
-13 Mangled Tangerines!!

For PSP Owners:
-Legal Loop Racers
-Huntin’ Fishin’ Whippin’ Zombies
-Party Machine Portable 2: Eternal
-Serum 42
-NumbNutz Boxing

I Guess THOSE Games SHOULD Be Available By Now… If Mike Judge Was Correct About The World In His Documentary “Idiocracy”… It HAS Been A LOOOOOOONG Time Since I Bought ANYTHING From That Good Old PlayStation Store.

Ohhh… How I Have Been Waiting For PATAPON 3… Sooo….Looooooooong……………..

+ BOSS-GT69 on May 25th, 2011 at 9:29 pm said:

I want to know the date and time to activate the service, please answer fast

+ kurisu7885 on May 25th, 2011 at 9:33 pm said:

I’m happy to have the network back, and free ID theft protection is pretty sweet, and I hope we see the store back before the week is out.

+ nick9221 on May 25th, 2011 at 9:33 pm said:

@218 Well if thats the case then SONY needs to open the mouth and say that is the case and you need to shut YOUR mouth. ..

+ Deathspear666 on May 25th, 2011 at 9:34 pm said:

@The-Lazlow..Trust me if i was mad it would be waaaayyyy worse than that and besides that when i mentioned “trolling” it was directed to the ones that troll here and cry about the same thing over and over and over..lol We get the fact that ppl are mad and borderline suicidle over the store but c’mon man let it go till the 31st to see whats up

+ Gothicdoom on May 25th, 2011 at 9:35 pm said:

sweet

+ elitescorpion94 on May 25th, 2011 at 9:35 pm said:

Good job Sony, I am liking the progress your making. I hope to see the Playstation Store back up this week. I can wait for the ID Theft Projection no rush because I live in Canada. To the people who sold their PS3 for the Xbox 360 are probably mad right now lol.

+ golams on May 25th, 2011 at 9:37 pm said:

thank you sony ur the best and can u guys plz give us grand theft auto 4 double xp weekend plz…….

+ kurisu7885 on May 25th, 2011 at 9:37 pm said:

I’ll add that while Sony’s initial handling of this was kinda, lacking, they’ve done a good job trying to make up for it.

+ The-Lazlow on May 25th, 2011 at 9:37 pm said:

+ Deathspear666
Again, just because someone is complaining about the store doesnt mean theyre trolling.
Trolling is when you say things that you know wil make people flip out and get butthurt.
I have yet to see any of that yet.

+ check_oax on May 25th, 2011 at 9:43 pm said:

Where and How????????

+ Gpz1100 on May 25th, 2011 at 9:44 pm said:

Thanks…………..I guess

+ Robboso1074 on May 25th, 2011 at 9:46 pm said:

Yes please fix store was trying to run my hulu plus on ps3 guess what app is on store

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 27