Final Fantasy XV

May 25

May 25

Identity Theft Protection Offer for PlayStation Network and Qriocity Customers

Patrick Seybold's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

Starting today, PlayStation Network and Qriocity account holders in the United States can begin the enrollment process for the identity theft protection program by visiting http://us.playstation.com/news/consumeralerts/identity-theft-protection/. We are also notifying customers of the enrollment landing page via email, which you will receive in your inbox this week.

As previously announced, Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment have made arrangements with Debix to offer the AllClear ID PLUS identity theft protection program to PlayStation Network and Qriocity customers who are concerned about identity theft following the criminal cyber attack on the network. AllClear ID PLUS is a premium identity protection service that uses advanced technology to deliver alerts to help protect you from identity theft. The service also provides identity theft insurance coverage and hands-on help from expert fraud investigators. Sony has arranged, at no charge to eligible PlayStation Network and Qriocity account holders, for twelve months of this service to be provided by Debix to those who choose to enroll.

In order to be eligible, account holders must be residents of the United States with active accounts as of April 20, 2011.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8 9 27

OVERDOSE665 said:

May 25th, 11:19 pm

Any juggalo homies in this room add me whoop whoop!!!!!!!!

I hope the Store is up next week like ive been saying this whole time if its sooner thats great but everyone needs to chill out it will be up by the end of the month. If not I hope everyone calls,or just posts put the Store up on the Blogs and fourms allday!!!!!! And thats all we should post no BS just that.

But untill then thanks SONY for everything!!!!!!!

OVERDOSE665 said:

May 25th, 11:20 pm

PSN OVERDOSE665

Mankus78 said:

May 25th, 11:22 pm

Hey Canadians…. How about you people stop talkin about how awesome your 1/2 frozen and UNPOPULATED “country” is as well as askin over and over about your ID protection program and freakin learn2read!… They posted 2 replies already answering your irrelevant question and you nubs still ask aver and over…. Do they even have literacy programs in your “country”?

samaelwolf said:

May 25th, 11:24 pm

Registration code may take up to 3 days to arrive.
Offer expires in 3 days.

Um. So. There’s a potential window of a matter of hours to capitalize on this?

For that matter, anyone who fails to sign up within the first 24 hours has a chance of missing the offer entirely? O.o

josefresh said:

May 25th, 11:25 pm

Sorry about my comment but I have $100 on psn cards sittin here waitin !!!!!!!!!!!

ConquerorTMNT said:

May 25th, 11:29 pm

Nice, I been waiting for this ever since it was announced.

Tylerred12 said:

May 25th, 11:31 pm

can i get a map pack for my “2 free games”

LostSpirit-l- said:

May 25th, 11:32 pm

Sony and their covering their a$$es so they can avoid lawsuits or shall I say even more lawsuits and you Lemmings Say ‘Thank You Sony”?

LostSpirit-l- said:

May 25th, 11:37 pm

286 they can care less if you have money just as they can care less to the people they are denying online play too,that being the people that need to redeem codes just to friggin play online.

Bubaroo said:

May 25th, 11:40 pm

Wow, I’m away from the blog for not even a whole day and look what I miss? Absolutely nothing. LOL Was just hoping against hope that some good news about the store was up. Oh well. Already traded in my PS3 fallout or a pc version. Really hope I don’t have to start doing it with all my games.

Tylerred12 said:

May 25th, 11:42 pm

how they got all this free time to “put up ps news answer questions make newer software for playstation home but no time for the playstation store ‘stop everything else finish playstation store then do other stuff u need to do

squewheet said:

May 25th, 11:43 pm

When you click on the “Read More” on this post. You forgot to close out your url so it don’t show the page. You need to add a ” to the end. So when you click read more it won’t take you to a page that won’t show up.

JakeRondingo said:

May 25th, 11:43 pm

F Canada

R_J_hoge said:

May 25th, 11:44 pm

Any word on Call Of Duty (he, he, duty..) Escalation map pack releasal date for PS3?

Elias99zz said:

May 25th, 11:45 pm

Don’t let us down Sony! I know you can do it!

Bubaroo said:

May 25th, 11:46 pm

@295 I don’t think they’re going to release anything about a date until the store is back up.

Bubaroo said:

May 25th, 11:47 pm

Would you want to be the company that promises something on a date, and can’t deliever? Sony apparently does, but I doubt Activision or Treyarch do.

brballin said:

May 25th, 11:49 pm

hey sony please respond: How much will it cost to get ID theft program after the year expires? Are you saying our accounts won’t be safe enough if we don’t get your service after this one year?

LostSpirit-l- said:

May 25th, 11:54 pm

Haha EXACTLY@292 Just shows how much they care to brining back the most vital piece to the psn network.

mjc0961 said:

May 25th, 11:55 pm

This is what I’ve been waiting for. Thanks!

imjustaguy1983 said:

May 25th, 11:57 pm

anyone know when we get the 100 free items on ps home ?

Edizzle00 said:

May 25th, 11:59 pm

next week, a couple of days, this is nothin but a bait and hook scheme, that is tantalizing with the 2 free games to keep forever, even when our free psn+ runs out but what about us that haven’t ever signed up for a psn+ account will we still get all the benefits or really an added benefit for us that couldn’t/can’t afford a psn+ account when i already have to shell out 50 for net services anyways, all im sayin is make it to where those of us who cant continue the services of said service if i go and spend 50 dollars on somthin from the store and then my psn+ account runs out and i cant access my game or what ever it may be that i have just payed for that would really infuriate me and im sure it will alot of other “loyal” customers as well. it just seems like a cheap way of sayin sorry we lost all of your vital information but here is what we can do is take a month of psn down then when we relaunch it give out a free membership of psn+ and 2 free games urs to keep forever even when ur Plus account runs out, (games already out and have been run through time again) cumon guys yall can do better props for the id theft protect. program though one positive for a year at least then all hell will break lose

josefresh said:

May 26th, 12:03 am

Put the store up its been over a month now!! quit jerking the monkey!!!

josefresh said:

May 26th, 12:05 am

psn home is worthless

shadefz said:

May 26th, 12:11 am

what bout other people is other places ? like the middle east , china and africa?

imjustaguy1983 said:

May 26th, 12:20 am

psn home = the sony sims lol

ftw2177 said:

May 26th, 12:24 am

Great now how about you get the PS store up and running, Thanks

LostSpirit-l- said:

May 26th, 12:26 am

The facts are this:Come may/june2012 everyone will have a mysterious charge on their debit/cc cards from the identity theft provider and they’ll call and be told “uh…. Sir or Madam you didnt cancel your service ,so you was charged for another year” PSN home is for early teen girls and pedophiles.PS= will demand a credit card/debit card as well and see first fact for mysterious charge they’ll have todeal with.

retroknight6 said:

May 26th, 12:26 am

I WANT MY FREE MASS EFFECT 2 ADDONS THAT COME WITH THE GAME NOW!

retroknight6 said:

May 26th, 12:30 am

People stop complaining about the games that u already have that theyre giving as free downloads, I like it, because 2 of the games I don’t have(others i’m not interested in or have already) Killzone Liberation and Quest for Booty. Oh and I was planning to buy killzone liberation from gamestop a few weeks ago, glad i waited to get it for FREEE!!! :)

LostSpirit-l- said:

May 26th, 12:30 am

Facts continued from 309 post:T free games are nothing more then Public Rrelations gift bag and isnt funny with Infamous 2 coming out they would offer the first one?So that it will give you more incentive to buy the sequel.

surfthelast1 said:

May 26th, 12:30 am

I just had my cc used in france… I called sony and they didnt even know what to say…. How about sorry?

Hogleg95 said:

May 26th, 12:31 am

Already Screwed up once with personal information of users on thier servers, now you think I am stupid enough to give even more personal information of mine to another company they recommend? NOT.

muthj20_90 said:

May 26th, 12:34 am

i pre-ordered infamous 2 and i wanna know if i will be able to redeem my bonus item from gamestop when it comes out or will that part of the network still be down?

AussieSniper1 said:

May 26th, 12:38 am

OOOOOOO yer

leukoplast said:

May 26th, 12:41 am

I already have ID theft protection, I just wonder if Sony is willing to pay the equivalent of my service for the next year. Yeah, extremely unlikely.

Edizzle00 said:

May 26th, 1:00 am

ITS ALL A SCHEME I SAY A SCHEME and may it working’/fails well then i say on with it already they have the info and u offered us all affected by it a one million dollar protection program so what could go wrong right right or is that still to much cred for SCEA or even any to be had about this whole matter. SCHEME SCHEME SCHEME SCHEME and then i shall restate what i said previously wait till the protection plan they have set up ends and then creditarmagedon shall unleash like a zombie virus plague we always see in the movies that never gets “completely” taken care of………… hint hint hint

omenblade18 said:

May 26th, 1:07 am

Cmon Sony bout a PSP go the day before the hack to play ps1 classics. I need that store up

TButton said:

May 26th, 1:18 am

I currently have a free year of Trend Micro on my PS3, will this offer still be valid for me to use when it is done?

JoseTheOne805 said:

May 26th, 1:23 am

Thanks 4 everything Guys, I jus ask that U have the Store up in time 4 the Black ops maps 2 come out, tjankz again!

clos99 said:

May 26th, 1:24 am

thank you sony, but it is not necessary here. none of my information was used fraufully and though it was a concern, people blew the situation way out of proportion. Hacking of private info is never good, but the main fact at the end is that there was little if any fraud going on. People just felt like they needed compensation for something that never hurt them at all. its just a game and people should value their lives more than worry about what they are going to get, its kinda sad really. i really feel for you guys having to deal with it, yeah intrusions happen, but it can happen anywhere, thats what a hackers job is, to hack. so just keep up your good work, and keep up with the updates.

BiscoMix said:

May 26th, 1:31 am

@ nick9221 It’s common sense, dude. Why else would they be waiting so long to bring the Playstation Store back online? They clearly want to make sure our information is secure once it’s live again. Not to mention all of the new people to the PS3 who are going to be entering their debit card/credit card information for the first time. In other words, they’re trying to save us from theft and Sony is trying to protect their @ss.

Sony doesn’t need to hold your hand in the blog. It has been said plenty of times before they plan on bringing the Playstation Store up before the end of May, possibly a little into June. Trust, Sony wants our money, the store will be up soon enough, so settle down.

ArabianFaLaFiL said:

May 26th, 1:39 am

SONY !!!! plzzz i still Cant sign in my old account WTF !!!!!!!
plz patrick jeff any1 answer my why i still receiving UNDERGOING maintenance !!!!!!!!! HEEEEELP
my region is Lebanon :((((((((((

Bubaroo said:

May 26th, 1:48 am

@ Bisco Yeah, I see your point with that… to a fault. I went in and traded my PS3 version of fallout for a pc version. Chances are, if the store isn’t back up by the 2nd when the new map packs come out for COD, I’ll probably do the same thing there too. Not going to wait around forever only to be told “Soon” and “We’ll keep you informed.”

Panago177 said:

May 26th, 1:50 am

Kudos to Jeff for posting about and reading all our concerned posts from Canada. Appreciate it.

Do people join psn and use there real names? I can see entering your real info where the credit card info is, but that should be secured and if it isn’t, then don’t enter the info. :( Think psn is a good lesson for us to learn or relearn how to protect ourselves when it comes to the internet and sharing info with others.

KHALED_EGY_7 said:

May 26th, 2:08 am

And what about Egypt?? …….. when will the store come back?

DrewManeLaflare said:

May 26th, 2:15 am

I really miss the store guys…can we please get a update for when services may be restored. I miss my add-ons, demos, and betas!!

dragonlibrarian said:

May 26th, 2:18 am

BRING UP THE F****** STORE!!!!
i bought my ps3 on 4/20 before this all happened and i didn’t buy any games, because all the games i wanted are on the damn psn. it’s now been more than a month and still no psn, i’m sitting here with a 300 dollar paperweight, and 150 dollars of psn cards. hurry the F**** up. this is ridiculous.

Bubaroo said:

May 26th, 2:26 am

They’re hoping to have everything up by the 31st. Key word- “hoping” So far that haven’t released anything other then that. Rumors list everything from friday to sometime in june. Other then that, you’re in the dark like the rest of us.

THE_SNIPER_BIG said: