PS4 - Destiny

Limited Edition PS3 Call of Duty: Black Ops Bundle Coming Soon

Ami Sheth's Avatar + Posted by Ami Sheth on May 25, 2011 // Associate Marketing Manager, PlayStation 3

PS3 Call of Duty: Black Ops Bundle

With all of the gaming and entertainment features the PlayStation 3 offers – from 3D gaming to a built-in Blu-ray player – there are plenty of things to entice those looking for the best entertainment experience on the market. Today we’re giving you one more reason to join the PlayStation family. On May 31, we will be releasing the Limited Edition PlayStation 3 Call of Duty: Black Ops Bundle. Not only will you get a 160 GB PS3 system and a copy of Activision Publishing Inc. and Treyarch’s critically acclaimed Call of Duty: Black Ops, you’ll also be treated to the First Strike Content Pack – for free. This DLC features five diverse globe-spanning multiplayer maps, one of which is a new Zombie experience.

Packed with exceptional value, the Limited Edition PlayStation 3 Call of Duty: Black Ops Bundle will be available at retailers nationwide for $299.99.

389 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 8

+ Cyris on May 25th, 2011 at 6:03 am said:

I have a few friends that I think I could convert to PS3 gamers with this bundle

+ Cyris on May 25th, 2011 at 6:05 am said:

But I have to make it clear. I hate the Call of Duty franchise and I think it is holding back the gaming industry.

+ Pyrokid16 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:07 am said:

@ ami sheth what happens if u already hav call of duty black ops does that mean the map pack is limitedly free as well

+ IISanitariumII on May 25th, 2011 at 6:07 am said:

Wow, I agree with Cyris. This is a great bundle to invite more gamers to the network. Will this only be available in EU? Or will the U.S be seeing this one to?

+ kivi95 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:08 am said:

WTF why cod? Why not support the new game that is coming…INFAMOUS 2!!!!!!!!

+ BJtheLegend on May 25th, 2011 at 6:09 am said:

here come the Battlefield fanboys!!! anyway, awesome bundle!

+ Pyrokid16 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:09 am said:

to. infinatyward
from. Brett Michael stevens

i just want to ask but exactly when is mw3 coming out this year and can us call of duty fans get some screenshoots please

+ VisionaryLight on May 25th, 2011 at 6:10 am said:

Will there be a price drop at E3?

+ BJtheLegend on May 25th, 2011 at 6:10 am said:

the Battlefield fanboys are invading!!! anyway, nice bundle. pity Modern Warfare 3 is going to rape Battlefield 3 in sales.

+ Pyrokid16 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:12 am said:

to. all military/army game companys
from. brett michael stevens

all you military game companys should come together one of these days to make one giant awsome long game!!!! (an idea u should follow)

+ Demonic_Clown on May 25th, 2011 at 6:13 am said:

Why not have made it with MW3 instead? Really seems like a simple conclusion. New game > Old game

+ saiyanknight87 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:13 am said:

Sony that’s cool and all but why not have this out when the game first came out sometimes you all actions confuse me especially when MW3 is about to come out why not put out more relevant games like a infamous 2 bundle as stated earlier. Man you all better show up at e3 with some new and amazing features for the psn and ps3 community cause you all are losing the trust of the consumer with not listening to the consumer i’ll admit you all do it half heartily. smh I really hope you all are working on cross game chat or something even better.

+ styx971 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:14 am said:

just kinda dumb for this to come out now when there a new COD otw n why COD anyway why not a exclusive title

+ TGzorox on May 25th, 2011 at 6:14 am said:

While the Xbox360 gets exclusive MW3 stuff, the PS3 ends up with a bundle of an old game. Sony is done.

+ kenny-1995 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:15 am said:

call of duty sucks

+ OleGunnar on May 25th, 2011 at 6:16 am said:

Let me get this straight, Sony.

Activision has an timed-exclusive deal with Microsoft for COD DLC that runs through 2012 AND the PS3 version is almost willfully inferior to it’s 360 counterpart and you decide to reward them with this?

Why?

How about bundling one (or more) of your plethora of awesome, exclusive games from developers that care about the PS3 and your community?

The wonders never cease with you people.

+ Pyrokid16 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:16 am said:

i hate battle feild but there company could be of use to the call of duty companys i think the battlefeild 1,2,3 companys, and all the call of duty companys should come together to make one giant awsome game!!!!!

+ NinjaNabs on May 25th, 2011 at 6:17 am said:

good choice but i hope we get the ps store back by may 31st at the latest.

+ cml44ekc on May 25th, 2011 at 6:18 am said:

Cool!

+ TRixation on May 25th, 2011 at 6:18 am said:

@Pyrokid16 – POST 7 – Here is all the info you need (excl. Multiplayer visuals) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-sAW9kDfpw

+ NinjaNabs on May 25th, 2011 at 6:18 am said:

to battlefield fanboys: you shouldnt be posting on this blog post if call of duty doesnt interest you.

+ Myke-Myke on May 25th, 2011 at 6:18 am said:

This woulda been a great idea for launch. Not now. Also, with every MW3 trailer ends with a competitor ad.

I think an Infamous 2 bundle would be better and wiser.

Good luck with the bundle though.

+ MoneyMaker110 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:19 am said:

why

+ Pyrokid16 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:19 am said:

@olegunnar
a.k.a smartdude
i agree with smartdude here (he knows bigger wors then me lol i am pritty smart but not in math…… not the point) sony should think bigger and better lol there tottally discombobulated

+ Pyrokid16 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:21 am said:

(ignor the wors i ment to say words im typeing to fast)

+ NinjaNabs on May 25th, 2011 at 6:21 am said:

@OleGunnar i dont know where you get your info but the cod games are more suited for the ps3 as it was originally made for the ps3 console.sorry if you prefer playing cod on xbox but a lot of people rather play it on ps3 (like me).

+ Boogly on May 25th, 2011 at 6:21 am said:

Looks nice, too bad I am not a Call of Duty fan.

+ NinjaNabs on May 25th, 2011 at 6:23 am said:

TO ALL BATTLEFIELD FANS: you shouldnt be posting on this blog post if call of duty doesnt interest you.we get enough of your kind on youtube so please go post somewhere else.

+ Pyrokid16 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:23 am said:

@NinjaNabs
i think smartdude was trien to say that microsoft made some deals with the call of duty franchise and it could possibly ruin sony … posibly so sony did something to get back at them

+ RedDragon_X on May 25th, 2011 at 6:27 am said:

Lol….now that all of your loyal fans have bought black ops…..

Some mad men may even buy this for no reason………

+ Apache201 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:31 am said:

How nice that they are releasing this when the announcement of the new game comes out =D Nothing like making money of this one while they can until Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 comes out.

+ dennishobson on May 25th, 2011 at 6:32 am said:

black ops sucks !,,
it will be just like the killzone edition (one regular box of the ps3, inside of a special box) ?

+ Orangeninja1092 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:33 am said:

@Pyrokid16: infinity ward isn’t making MW3 its just ACTIVISION

+ ClunkyD on May 25th, 2011 at 6:33 am said:

Call of duty……………nahhhh

+ elchivas_gto on May 25th, 2011 at 6:33 am said:

Weird bundle o_O
I would love to buy a uncharted bundle :))

+ elitescorpion94 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:34 am said:

Why have this as a bundle, I mean come on really. the game is already a year old and mw3 is coming out soon. Sony think about this New Game>Old Game. Also what I don’t like about Black Ops is I get random error messages saying I have been signed out of the Playstation Network. When I went to checked I wasn’t signed out. I had no problems with MW2, so I don’t get it. Treyarch needs to fix that [DELETED] and they haven’t yet. Be fair [DELETED] it!

+ etur0 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:35 am said:

well I do need to get a new ps3 but I hate cod games hell I HATE activision

+ BushyBiggPappa34 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:40 am said:

Don’t be hating on COD. Its one of the best games ever made! The Story lines are amazing and controversial. I know I need a new PS3 and this is the bundle I’m going to be picking up. And MW3 wont be out till November 8th anyways. So put that in your pipe and smoke it!

+ Raidendelta16 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:41 am said:

This is an awesome deal! I might convert to the PlayStation soon!

+ morrislevy on May 25th, 2011 at 6:42 am said:

Boring. Old news — whoop-dee-doo, Sony. Awful.

+ Chuckbait on May 25th, 2011 at 6:43 am said:

Bring Patapon 1 -3 to the PS3 via your new Remaster program. That’s right.

+ CombustionManX on May 25th, 2011 at 6:43 am said:

I don’t get it. What’s so limited about it?

+ kingkranz on May 25th, 2011 at 6:44 am said:

Awesome bundle! Modern Warfare 3 is going to destroy battlefield 3! Battle field 3′s campaign looks boring as crap!

+ KidCommando on May 25th, 2011 at 6:44 am said:

ultra super mega lame.

+ OmniGodboy18 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:44 am said:

[DELETED]!!!!!!!!! THIS IS [DELETED]! i should had waited for this!! even comes with the map pack!!

+ Jerometheknight on May 25th, 2011 at 6:45 am said:

++++Hello everyone. ++++

Please check out the two pictures I have made on Photoshop
to show my displeasure that the PS Store is not up yet. I would
not be surprised if these photo’s leaked and were shown on CNN,
they are that good.

http :// i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i393/creationcentral/Sony%20PS3/PlaystationMinus.png

http :// i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i393/creationcentral/Sony%20PS3/PlaystationMinusBrush.png

God Bless
JerometheKnight

+ PLAGUED86 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:45 am said:

Yea keep hatin on COD its usually just a bunch of jerks that cant play lol

+ PLAGUED86 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:47 am said:

I for one would luv this bundle, keep it up PSN i luv ya!

+ xI2esistanc3x_0 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:47 am said:

omg are you serious Lag Ops it’s old should have done this with a new release but w.e

+ KwietStorm on May 25th, 2011 at 6:47 am said:

Why is everyone talking about Battlefields fans? Were there some deleted comments? Anyway, Activision hasn’t seen a dollar from me in years, but why don’t these “limited” editions ever have any actual distinguishing accents? It’s just an everyday PS3 with a game bundled in. Custom artwork/design on the system would make too much sense.

PAGE 1 2 3 8