PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Limited Edition PS3 Call of Duty: Black Ops Bundle Coming Soon

Ami Sheth's Avatar + Posted by Ami Sheth on May 25, 2011 // Associate Marketing Manager, PlayStation 3

PS3 Call of Duty: Black Ops Bundle

With all of the gaming and entertainment features the PlayStation 3 offers – from 3D gaming to a built-in Blu-ray player – there are plenty of things to entice those looking for the best entertainment experience on the market. Today we’re giving you one more reason to join the PlayStation family. On May 31, we will be releasing the Limited Edition PlayStation 3 Call of Duty: Black Ops Bundle. Not only will you get a 160 GB PS3 system and a copy of Activision Publishing Inc. and Treyarch’s critically acclaimed Call of Duty: Black Ops, you’ll also be treated to the First Strike Content Pack – for free. This DLC features five diverse globe-spanning multiplayer maps, one of which is a new Zombie experience.

Packed with exceptional value, the Limited Edition PlayStation 3 Call of Duty: Black Ops Bundle will be available at retailers nationwide for $299.99.

389 Comments

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

+ shakoo_makoo on May 25th, 2011 at 1:39 pm said:

@188 u are sooo right

+ ChunkyDunk1 on May 25th, 2011 at 1:42 pm said:

i dont think this bundle will convert anyone though because as far as i knoiw every xbox fan thinks that xbox is the greatest(even though they are deffinatly wrong) and so the only people it would get are people who were already thinking about buying a ps3

+ Detective-E on May 25th, 2011 at 1:42 pm said:

I say Killzone 3 is a much better game then your steretypical modern shooters, but go ahead and bicker you’re silly fanboyism.

Oh, but while I’m on that… I remember recently there was big news about KZ3 to be revealed..

+ MUNCHEE718 on May 25th, 2011 at 1:45 pm said:

cod has the most obnoxious online gamers to date.there easy to brainwash ,that is the type of game that promotes propaganda pay attention people. i still remember there,s no store up sony. you cant brain me.lol
educate-yourself.org only the people who are awoken should view this. stay away sheep.

+ Jay454 on May 25th, 2011 at 1:45 pm said:

A Blops bundle? Why not make a bundle where Bobby Kotick kicks the buyer in the teeth? I almost can’t wait for MW3, because I really want to see how they can make an even worse game.

Frankly, anyone who wanted Blops has already bought at least one copy of it, but then again, getting free DLC from Activision is just about as rare as finding 50 shiny pokemon in a row, so people might buy this out of sheer wonder that Activision is purposely cutting into its short term profits.

+ gezuz11 on May 25th, 2011 at 1:46 pm said:

when is going to be the store ready

+ Justp94 on May 25th, 2011 at 1:47 pm said:

Call of Duty is worse than BRINK… that says one thing… People have no tastes in video games.

+ gezuz11 on May 25th, 2011 at 1:47 pm said:

killzone 3 its better than everything

+ xX-EpIcNeSs-Xx on May 25th, 2011 at 1:49 pm said:

Looking foward to it. my last one is overheated and i really want to get a new one. and this is just a perfect bundle.

+ linux731 on May 25th, 2011 at 1:51 pm said:

Ok now THIS is what I wanted to see. Sony partining up with a big VG dev. to make an exclusive console edition. Similar to the Xbox MW2 special edition. Good job Sony, I’m very happy.

+ T-8k8O_ on May 25th, 2011 at 1:55 pm said:

@ tinycpw91:Your right man,plus whats up with all this fanboy crap? Didnt the cod fans start that?

+ xSilverSnake on May 25th, 2011 at 1:56 pm said:

hey could you ask the guys at treyarch when there gonna put the patch of black ops for ps3?

+ rebeljd on May 25th, 2011 at 2:00 pm said:

At first I misread the title, naturally, thinking this was a bundle for MW3. Simply because, you know, it’s the latest installment in the Call of Duty franchise and providing a bundle for an upcoming game only makes since. This being a bundle for Black Ops, a game that is several months old doesn’t make sense. Last I checked Black Ops sold millions of copies and chattered sales records instantly. A bundle like this would have made sense had it been released on Black Ops launch date…now, it’s pretty lame.

+ KenniCrazy on May 25th, 2011 at 2:11 pm said:

Black ops have been out for months. So why are you guys making this now?

+ reklessjester on May 25th, 2011 at 2:14 pm said:

i agree with kwietstorm, some custom art on the system would b a nice selling point. and the ps3 that it comes with is only 160 gb and black ops is on the way out as soon as mw3 comes out so y not make bundles 4 the new games that are coming out, like infamous 2, arkham city, mw3, etc.

+ Wpnfire on May 25th, 2011 at 2:16 pm said:

WHY NOT GIVE US THE W@W MAPS?! I WANT THOSE MAPS! I just tried buying the hardened edition off of amazon and got ripped off!!

+ aJh_ on May 25th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

Hey sony, nice posts! But you should really work out a deal with Activision on getting a MW3 bundle for PS3, it would bring in a TON more gamers..

+ gabpr on May 25th, 2011 at 2:25 pm said:

I am vey exiteeee about this new offer, I say no xbox yes PS3 wut wuuttttttt we love u ps3 folks, SCEA folks, Sony Japan folks we adore u and we love all the playstation community of workes and we aprreciate ur time effort and dedication allot take care fellas and keep up the good work.

PS: Sorry foy my missspels

+ bcsuperfan937 on May 25th, 2011 at 2:32 pm said:

playstation,
I was playing black ops a couple of days after the online gameing was restored i followed the password chang and made a new password different from my previous one and in the middle of a round i was automatically signed out and a pop up from the game said that someone had signed in using my accoutn and i talked to the only other person who uses the account and he was watching tv when it happened. it has been a while since it happened and it thankfully hasent happend since but i am telling you because i believe that it has to do with the recent attack on your netork. i hope yyou take this mesage seriously and get back to me with any ideas on what may have happend or hopefully a definitive answer.
thank you.

+ krazykilla2043 on May 25th, 2011 at 2:33 pm said:

#7: It’s coming out november 8

+ gabpr on May 25th, 2011 at 2:35 pm said:

Here comeesss the money $$

+ Someguy12121 on May 25th, 2011 at 2:44 pm said:

@217: You do know that letting others use your account can lead to the issue you described. They may have shared the info with others. I would change the PW again and not share the account. Also people share accounts can have the account banned. I would like to know why I can’t change one of my account’s password. The site says the server is down still.

+ Someguy12121 on May 25th, 2011 at 2:45 pm said:

Also wanted to state that the picture on the cover of BO is what most players of CoD do ingame. LOL

+ krazykilla2043 on May 25th, 2011 at 2:46 pm said:

I bet one of my friends may like this…

+ iiEx0tiik on May 25th, 2011 at 2:46 pm said:

Ewwwww why black ops :[ why not a good game like Infamous 2, Medal of Honor, Battlefield BC2 (my opinion… Flameshield on!)

+ Zoildz on May 25th, 2011 at 2:49 pm said:

I Like Pie

+ wagosh on May 25th, 2011 at 2:58 pm said:

your kinda late on that arent u mw3 is up itll be better if u hype up a ps3 bundle with mw3 isnt it?

+ doran25 on May 25th, 2011 at 2:59 pm said:

do we have to pay for this bunndle and we get at the ps rirght

+ Littlegunner360 on May 25th, 2011 at 3:07 pm said:

come on $299 no one could get the hardern edition and thats like $500 psn want escalation for ps3 to and playstation store dont work . ps we can’t wait much longer

+ footballrule on May 25th, 2011 at 3:07 pm said:

A little late for this Limited Ediition, eh? Modern Warfare 3 was already annonced, might as well just wait for that. Besides, who doesn’t have Black Ops already? :p

+ footballrule on May 25th, 2011 at 3:08 pm said:

@223

Medal of Honor was the worse FPS of this generation. Copied COD in every way from controls to killstreaks.

+ YeWest_is_da_man on May 25th, 2011 at 3:09 pm said:

I love Sony but I have to tend to agree with most people here- my first thought was: “Wait…. isn’t there a new COD coming out? Why this? Why not something else that’s more important…. like one of your own exclusives.” I’d never buy this, and I love Sony – but I hate CoD and I think it’s an embarrassment to the entire industry. I, for one, think Battlefield 3 would’ve been the better choice. I mean, we’ve basically adopted that game when all the Xbox players were adopting CoD as their game of choice. I’ve worked at Gamestop during the holiday season for the past to years, and that’s when CoD releases their new games. Each time, I’ve had more Xbox 360 games sell of that series than you can shake a really big, wide, expansive stick at – compared to the PS3 sales. I see what you are trying to do… but really, your exclusives it what drives people to your brand. I have LOVED our exclusives and would never look at getting an Xbox for their games – ever. Won’t ever happen, but Sony really needs to get their act together and start promoting their name, games, and love for the industry. They simply don’t do it enough and it’s a shame.

+ bcsuperfan937 on May 25th, 2011 at 3:11 pm said:

@ 220 the other user is my younger brother and we only use one consoul

+ JinZX1 on May 25th, 2011 at 3:16 pm said:

I guess it’ll sell units. Not a game I’d want with my PS3 since they refuse to patch it since the Great Hack. :-/

+ weedbeaner on May 25th, 2011 at 3:20 pm said:

@ 9 you suck. battlefield 3 will rape mw3 sales up there poop shoot

+ nemesislayer on May 25th, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

Wow… too many people complaining. Infamous isn’t that spectacular first of all and neither is medal of honor or battlefield. They all kinda suck actually. Black ops is much better. Zombies. Storyline is great. Multiplayer is way better than mw2, or any other game for that matter. And even if you don’t like black ops… I don’t know why you bother saying anything.

+ DA_BUTTER_ROLL56 on May 25th, 2011 at 3:47 pm said:

Nemesislayer, me, and a few others who commented actually make sense!

+ albertnic on May 25th, 2011 at 3:56 pm said:

Poop. That’s not a good sign, I was hopeful for a price drop in June…

+ GTerholli on May 25th, 2011 at 3:58 pm said:

This is the dumbest bundle in the world. Who doesn’t have or at least once bought Black Ops?

+ nemesislayer on May 25th, 2011 at 3:58 pm said:

And don’t forget that the hack costed sony $171,000,000… they gotta try to make that back somehow.

+ rockinjs864 on May 25th, 2011 at 4:01 pm said:

would be very cool if it was a special edition black ops ps3 system that woulda made at least 25% of ps3 owners go out and get it not including the new customers

+ No_Sorrow_13 on May 25th, 2011 at 4:09 pm said:

Just in time for MW3 to come out. lol

+ rockinjs864 on May 25th, 2011 at 4:10 pm said:

oh and bf3? sorry ea your sales and production have went down since charging to play online if you don’t get a game brand new that’s who should work for Microsoft being they have alot in common both crappy and want to charge for everything they can. eat that battlefield fan boy

+ Doutrinador666 on May 25th, 2011 at 4:20 pm said:

How did Sony allow this?

Black Ops was a terribly done port to PS3. It was laggy, didn’t have all the content if compared to XBox, the sound was horrible, the framerate when you’re host is ridiculous etc. etc. etc.

And still…

Do you want us to buy a bundle to this?

If we wanted to play Black Ops, we would play it in the platform IT IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED: XBox.

(But still, even at the main system, the game sucks. Looking forward to good CoD games, like IW ones.)

+ iiEx0tiik on May 25th, 2011 at 4:26 pm said:

@229 It may be the worst FPS of all but come on i would rather play MOH then Black Ops

+ ghostface3690 on May 25th, 2011 at 4:30 pm said:

sweet my ps3 is craping out cause of dust. when it go’s i’ll be picking this up

+ alanaxeman on May 25th, 2011 at 4:38 pm said:

Battlefield 3 would be the one to bundle!! COD is old news even thouth i really dig Black ops Battlefield 3 is a horse of another color…if you have’nt seen the video for it, go it’s a must see..and socom 4 sucked what’s up with that and that’s PS3 only..it’s just ok and that was a great game..

+ Cynth4017 on May 25th, 2011 at 4:39 pm said:

You should have done this about a month ago

+ al2009man on May 25th, 2011 at 4:52 pm said:

Hm…good update….. for people who hate COD.
Did you hate every COD Story’s (even the old COD games!) and the World at War and Black Ops: Nazi Zombie? that why you hate it all? maybe you hate Story’s and Zombie’s too! dumb hater…..

+ al2009man on May 25th, 2011 at 4:55 pm said:

Well sorry. just Hate Call of Duty and the Old Call of Duty Game! AND HATE STORY AND ZOMBIE TOO!

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 8