PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Limited Edition PS3 Call of Duty: Black Ops Bundle Coming Soon

Ami Sheth's Avatar + Posted by Ami Sheth on May 25, 2011 // Associate Marketing Manager, PlayStation 3

PS3 Call of Duty: Black Ops Bundle

With all of the gaming and entertainment features the PlayStation 3 offers – from 3D gaming to a built-in Blu-ray player – there are plenty of things to entice those looking for the best entertainment experience on the market. Today we’re giving you one more reason to join the PlayStation family. On May 31, we will be releasing the Limited Edition PlayStation 3 Call of Duty: Black Ops Bundle. Not only will you get a 160 GB PS3 system and a copy of Activision Publishing Inc. and Treyarch’s critically acclaimed Call of Duty: Black Ops, you’ll also be treated to the First Strike Content Pack – for free. This DLC features five diverse globe-spanning multiplayer maps, one of which is a new Zombie experience.

Packed with exceptional value, the Limited Edition PlayStation 3 Call of Duty: Black Ops Bundle will be available at retailers nationwide for $299.99.

389 Comments

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8

+ leukoplast on May 25th, 2011 at 5:01 pm said:

Sony is only about 8 months late with this bundle. Black Ops is old news, heck it was old news back in January.

+ fearb3thyname on May 25th, 2011 at 5:05 pm said:

Why are you guys just now making this?

+ Vortuminius on May 25th, 2011 at 5:10 pm said:

All I know is that Treyarch and Activision are making some cheap dollar over there.

+ tedffg on May 25th, 2011 at 5:14 pm said:

i got this mesage from my friend that told me to forward it to all my friends and i would get escalation for free

+ Alyyse on May 25th, 2011 at 5:21 pm said:

nice

+ zachary0543 on May 25th, 2011 at 5:31 pm said:

I say screw blackops with its lags and zombies that kill you with 2 shots even with juggernog and call of the dead was B.S. treyarch has lost thier skills. World at War was way better than this blackops crap. MW2 and MW3 are definetly going to be all time best games of 2011-2012.BC2 is another story of epicness

+ zachary0543 on May 25th, 2011 at 5:33 pm said:

blackops should have been better

+ guero_z1979 on May 25th, 2011 at 5:46 pm said:

Please tell me that this isn’t a cheap attempt to cover the fact that we haven’t got a Release date for the new COD Maps ?

+ slayer831 on May 25th, 2011 at 5:57 pm said:

@TGzorox they are only getting the 1 month exclusive thing like MW2 and BO

+ Michaelsauce on May 25th, 2011 at 6:00 pm said:

this should of came out before i bought my ps3

+ IsaiahPLG on May 25th, 2011 at 6:02 pm said:

To bad since PSN has came back up i can’t get into the Black Ops server -_-
Im not even mad though Black Ops is only good for zombies and MW3 is around the corner.
Now a Portal 2 PS3 bundle that would be nice treat to PlayStation new comers!

+ tarnation14 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:03 pm said:

This is sweet but i still really waant to know
When will escalation be confirmed that it will be relased for PS3 !

+ SEANYMPH96 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:16 pm said:

who cares about first strike?? GIVE Us ESCALATION!!

+ DE4THS_BEST_FRND on May 25th, 2011 at 6:17 pm said:

Welll what about the people who paid for the first strike content pack…. its not fair for it to be free for others?

+ cheesesteak66 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:24 pm said:

What the crap I love cod

+ dylanreynolds97 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:26 pm said:

thats really cool but when does the next map pack come out because i have money burning a hole in my pocket while im waiting for it

+ DEZVOUS on May 25th, 2011 at 6:30 pm said:

Why not just lower the price already and not bundle the game? Come on Sony, that’s the thing to be doing.

+ shadow-erick787 on May 25th, 2011 at 6:38 pm said:

they should make it whith a new game because everyone has black ops but Anyways its its good to releas tha PS3 whith black ops that way they can sell more PS3.

+ D-FYANT on May 25th, 2011 at 7:04 pm said:

How about you stop denying the fact that your new firmware makes the old 60 GB models run the fans way too much and overheat the system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XBOX IS GETTING ALL OF MY MONEY AND IM TELLING EVERYONE I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU GUYS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM GLAD YOU’VE LOST SO MUCH MONEY!!!!!!! YOU DESERVE IT FOR HOW BADLY YOU TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!! GEEE ITS AMAZING THAT THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE HAVE USELESS PS3′S NOW, IT COULDN’T POSSIBLY BE PLAYSTATION NETWORK’S FAULT!!!!!! NOT AT ALL!!!!!! XBOX IS REPLACING THEIR CUSTOMERS SYSTEMS BECAUSE OF THEIR ERRORS, WHY CANT YOU DO THE RIGHT THING!!!!!!!! SEE YOU LOSERS LATER!!!!! IM GONNA PUT MY MONEY IN A SYSTEM THAT ACTUALLY WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!! PS: BY THE WAY YOU GUYS ARE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!!! WHO WANTS TO STAY WITH A COMPANY THAT DOESNT CARE ABOUT THE CONSUMER. WHOOPPIE I GET PLAYSTATION PLUS FOR A WHOLE MONTH…..MAN U GUYS SURE ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I JUST CANT EXPRESS HOW AWESOME YOU ARE!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE YOU GO BANKRUPT FOR THE WAY YOU TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ cmb12345 on May 25th, 2011 at 7:24 pm said:

I honestly think that black ops sucks…..its too fake. like an attack with gas really happened back then.

like if you agree

+ Kirkpad on May 25th, 2011 at 7:28 pm said:

Finally, I can comment on the damn blog. I hate CoD so much. Happy I got a GOOD bundle (MGS4 bundle with partial PS2 compatibility).

+ DMC_411 on May 25th, 2011 at 7:40 pm said:

I believe we’ve been bamboozled enough already… just bring back the damn store so most of us can download the “so-called” free games that your giving away…I’ve been a playstation user since day one and have never thought of converting to any other system, although I do own the 360 and Wii systems(for my kids). I just find it amazing you guys showing your appreciation to the playstation world with games a lot of people have already purchased, played or have no desire to own.. Come on guys, I appreciate the thought of giving back but actually put some thought in it…Yes, the games have high ratings but that was back when they came out and not now..base your rating on replay value instead of a dollar sign…We’ve waited long enough just take care of those that WANT YOUR BUSINESS..Just stop jerking us around and put an actual date for the return so we and you can just get on with our gaming lives..(now leaves the soap box)..

+ nofear5_da_bomb on May 25th, 2011 at 7:54 pm said:

Mw3 comes out on nov 8 so what is the point of a four month bundle

+ Someguy12121 on May 25th, 2011 at 7:59 pm said:

How about I flush $299 down the toliet instead of buying anything with CoD bundled.

+ PantherX on May 25th, 2011 at 7:59 pm said:

It’s a good deal, I was kind of hoping for a Call Of Duty themed PS3 like Final Fantasy, I collect them.

+ trinigamer101 on May 25th, 2011 at 8:01 pm said:

Dear playstation
What is the cost of a new PS3?
K.B $199. :D

+ Someguy12121 on May 25th, 2011 at 8:30 pm said:

@265: “SEE YOU LOSERS LATER!!!!! IM GONNA PUT MY MONEY IN A SYSTEM THAT ACTUALLY WORKS”
Yeah okay. Lets c last time I checked Microsoft has spent over $2 BILLION dollars on repairs. Thats Billion with a 2. I’m glad you don’t have PS3 because I don’t have to hear you btch about sht that wasn’t Sonys fault. Their service is better than Microsoft’s anyday. I paid for windows and that is all I am giving to Microsoft whose only way to make money is to steal others ideas. Go vote for Obama you as cleary lack any intelligence.

PS: ieSpell is your friend.

+ rstubber on May 25th, 2011 at 8:46 pm said:

@D-FYANT
[DELETED]. Xbox 360 is a %100 waste of money

Xbox:You got to pay to be online, win trophies to get add-ons, You don’t have Playstation Home, A horrible Controller, You don’t have MLB TV, And The List Go’s On And On……….

Playstation Is The #1 System In the world!!!!

Y would you have a PS3 If You Think It [DELETED]

+ Big_12_Gage on May 25th, 2011 at 9:18 pm said:

@265″GEEE ITS AMAZING THAT THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE HAVE USELESS PS3′S NOW”, He is just mad cause he has to pay for xbox live every month and we get free internet, blueray players, no batteries, and alot more of memorie!!!!!”WHO WANTS TO STAY WITH A COMPANY THAT DOESNT CARE ABOUT THE CONSUMER”, what a jack a** thats why we get a full year of warrenty for free and then as soon as it is up send in $50 and another 2 years, unlike xbox they have death rings so they can make their customers buy another one to make more money!!!!!”GONNA PUT MY MONEY IN A SYSTEM THAT ACTUALLY WORKS”, ya it works until death rings come arround and crash your system!!!!And if he hates playstation soooo much then why does he have an accout with them????? What a dumb a***!!!!

+ Big_12_Gage on May 25th, 2011 at 9:19 pm said:

I am a proud playstation owner with a 320 gb system ill never run out of space!!!!!!

+ Dredz220 on May 25th, 2011 at 9:21 pm said:

For those of you who don’t know, more than likely Sony will have a MW3 bundle pack. The reason they are giving out the call of duty bundle now is all marketing. They lost a lot of customer do to the outage. So they are trying to replace them with new ones. One of the most popular games right now with the first dlc for free, don’t sound bad when you was going to get a ps3 anyways. Despite all the rumors and speculations Sony has faced lately you have to give them credit for what they are trying to do. I know I’m going to get flamed for this statement but to all those who say Sony owes us something, if you did not pay for something why should they give you anything for free? They was hacked. Your account is now covered with a million dollar policy with a id theft company for free, what more do you want? I’m a PS Plus member, Qore annual subscriber,(before ps plus) DCUO member and i dont feel like Sony owes me anything. Be thankfully they still offer a free online service as to you could be paying for a service that is really not that better. Just a few more features. And yes i do own a X—X too. (collecting dust again now psn is up.)

+ Big_12_Gage on May 25th, 2011 at 9:23 pm said:

Whoever loves fallout, rdr (red dead redemption), grand turismo, little big planet, cod, skate, gta, infoumas, socom 4, or other shooting or racing games say I !!!

+ Dredz220 on May 25th, 2011 at 9:31 pm said:

@BIG 12
You are so right. Microsoft makes its customers pay for everything. No blu ray, only 4GB of internal memory(wtf) I got songs that take up that much space. A controller that needs batteries, Netflix you cant access without a XBL online membership, and the list goes on.

+ letshopehere on May 25th, 2011 at 9:50 pm said:

Cross over game chat would be cool.Or getting all the DLC we missed during the outage for free.

+ PghBest on May 25th, 2011 at 10:00 pm said:

Thanks playstation a week after MW3 is announced you bring out a black ops edtion.. Why not make the system it self limited maybe it would sale more rather then just giveing the game and a poster I don’t know seems stupid to me… anyone looking to play Black Ops though add me :) don’t suck though cause you’ll just get deleted ;)

+ usagizombie on May 25th, 2011 at 10:01 pm said:

I hope Sony is taking everyones comments under consideration because in the end, the people matter the most!!!

+ AldoTheApache-x on May 25th, 2011 at 10:07 pm said:

This would have been cool and all if it either came out before/during the same time Black Ops was first released or if it came with more than just the game, 160 gb ps3, and first strike map (all of which I already have) maybe if you would have thrown in the zombie maps from World at War and the NEW map pack for black ops it’d be exciting.

+ sameer12152000 on May 25th, 2011 at 10:22 pm said:

yey i can’t wait

+ sameer12152000 on May 25th, 2011 at 10:45 pm said:

@280 mw3 look boring and it ain’t worth my money buying.

+ eam1988 on May 25th, 2011 at 10:46 pm said:

yeah i dont understand why they’re making a bundle with a game thats been out for 6 months already…i think they should wait and release 3.. one with uncharted 3, another with infamous 2 and either battlefield 3 or mw3..

+ JEC94 on May 25th, 2011 at 11:04 pm said:

I bought my PS3 slim with 120gb and no game at the same price :/

+ xcube on May 25th, 2011 at 11:11 pm said:

too late! who is thinking of Black-ops with MW3 coming out soon

+ BLACK_GARGOYLE on May 25th, 2011 at 11:16 pm said:

You should have made a special edition with Uncharted 3 or Resistance 3 or Infamous 2, at least these are exclusives!…

+ zant-link99 on May 25th, 2011 at 11:23 pm said:

coool

+ WastelandDan on May 25th, 2011 at 11:26 pm said:

What can I say?

Boooo

+ Josuey_de_PR on May 25th, 2011 at 11:35 pm said:

CALL OF DUTY has infected the FPS genre i hate it because game developers are turning their fps games to the COD play style like Resistance 3 making the multiplayer with a sad 8 players common guys i bet all your original fanbase is upset about this at least 32 player online, DEVELOPERS: if you wish to make your game sell… make it a unique yet great expirience copying things from other games is not gonna make you sell more copies DONT YOU THINK IF i want to play Call of DUTY I would JUST GO AHEAD AND PLAY IT? giving your games a COD makeover will not make it sell more thats only a theory

+ tinycpw91 on May 26th, 2011 at 12:11 am said:

@210, yeah, I don’t know man, all I have to say is that, myself, and a lot of other people im sure need to be shown new and improved game mechanics with mw3 for a confident purchase. IW really needs to step it up with this one, because the last three cods, while fun, only lasted about three months before they got old and overrun by tools and psychos who only care about k/d. I remember the good ol’ days with cod4 when everybody had the same killstreaks, and it was just fun, if IW goes back to the cod4 formula, it’ll be a day one buy for me :)

+ sameer12152000 on May 26th, 2011 at 12:12 am said:

bye everybody good night

+ tinycpw91 on May 26th, 2011 at 12:19 am said:

I also nominate D-FYANT FOR TROLL OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!YOU DID A REAL GOOD JOB BRO WITH THAT STORY!!!!!! I HOPE YOU WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Creative_ae on May 26th, 2011 at 1:24 am said: