PS4 - Transistor

Resistance 3 Pre-order Bonuses: Hale Returns, SRPA Black Ops and more

David Bull's Avatar + Posted by David Bull on May 26, 2011 // Associate Product Manager, SCEA

Do you like burning Chimera to a crisp with Air Fuel Grenades? Maybe you want to play as Nathan Hale on the Chimeran battlefield? Or perhaps you’d rather wear Chimera teeth as a war trophy? If so, we’ve got something special for you. Today, we’re announcing the Resistance 3 pre-order program, offering unique packages and bonuses to customize your Resistance 3 experience when it launches this fall

Here’s the full rundown:

GameStop

Joseph Capelli wears a necklace of Chimeran teeth during Resistance 3. Show that you are the resistance with this authentic replica that symbolizes the battle against the Chimera.

Resistance 3: Capelli necklace

Pre-ordering at GameStop grants access to a unique multiplayer booster, which allows you to start Resistance 3 multiplayer at Level 5. This also offers immediate flexibility and character customization options from the moment you begin the online competitive game.

Wal-Mart

Show off your Resistance 3 fandom in competitive online play with this pre-order package that offers a special set of five custom name titles, including Sentinel. The Sentinels are an elite group of soldiers in Resistance, and the only way to obtain these exclusive multiplayer PSN tags is by pre-ordering at Wal-Mart.

Amazon

The No. 60 Air Fuel Grenade has been issued for combating Chimera in tight spaces commonly found in urban conflicts. The grenade will adhere to almost any surface, biological or otherwise, and deploy a cloud of flammable vapor. Once released, the cloud ignites, creating a massive explosion.

Resistance 3: Air Fuel grenade

This fan favorite grenade makes a special return to the single-player campaign of Resistance 3 – but only for those who pre-order from Amazon.

Best Buy

Lt. Nathan Hale skipped his viral inhibitor treatments in the final hours of Resistance 2 in order to continue the fight against the Chimera. Play as him in his final hours with this special multiplayer skin, letting you bring Hale to the battlefields of Resistance 3.

Resistance 3: Nathan Hale

Love a good victory dance after a win? Show off your skills by using a special Best Buy exclusive ability in multiplayer to taunt your fallen enemies. Only the most skilled players can forsake another ability in order to taunt their enemies.

Canada and other U.S. retailers

The backbone of the US effort against the Chimera during the war, Black Ops troops were a common site at SRPA facilities and during special operations. Mostly killed and destroyed, this special multiplayer skin lets you return as one of the most mysterious soldiers from R:FOM and R2.

Resistance 3, the latest installment of the post-apocalyptic franchise from Insomniac Games, invades North American store shelves on September 6th, 2011.

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ SarshelYam on May 26th, 2011 at 9:07 am said:

Very nice…I want that necklace…but I would also like Hale. CONUNDRUM!

+ Elsa on May 26th, 2011 at 9:08 am said:

Rachael Parker avatar in multiplayer for the ladies???

David Bull's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on May 26th, 2011 at 10:27 am said:

I’ll say this, we’ve definitely heard the request for female MP skins :-)

+ Falandrias on May 26th, 2011 at 9:09 am said:

cool would definitely get the gamestop version

David Bull's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on May 26th, 2011 at 10:27 am said:

Awesome! Thanks for pre-ordering, it is so helpful to developers when you do

+ BloodiedWraith on May 26th, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

Are we getting the special editions like Europe is getting where they include the full list of Pre-order bonuses? I absolutely love the special edition with the faux-vinyl Blu-Ray disc and want that here in the U.S.

+ Falandrias on May 26th, 2011 at 9:11 am said:

i haven’t played the resistance games before might get this one for multiplayer

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on May 26th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

The multiplayer is rad in Resistance 3! You’ll enjoy it. :-)

+ Arcadian_Rebel on May 26th, 2011 at 9:11 am said:

Sweet! I may just have to pre-order it!

+ P-NoyBoy on May 26th, 2011 at 9:13 am said:

Air Fuel grenades aren’t in R3 already? Dang might have to pre-order for that

David Bull's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on May 26th, 2011 at 10:28 am said:

The Air Fuel Grenade was replaced by a new grenade in R3.

When we were discussing pre-order bonuses, we thought it might be cool to offer the Air Fuel Grenade for campaign as a bonus. It essentially replaces some of the regular grenade pick-ups in the game.

Simply put, without the pre-order bonus, there would be no Air Fuel Grenade at all in R3.

+ halodude11 on May 26th, 2011 at 9:14 am said:

number 7 I’d buy from amazon

+ Myke-Myke on May 26th, 2011 at 9:14 am said:

Will there be any “special editions” for NA???

I want the Survivor Edition that’s available in Euro!!!

+ htwyford on May 26th, 2011 at 9:16 am said:

Wait…just to claritfy the last entry. OTHER Canadian/U.S retailers are getting the Black Ops skin, and Gamestop etc. Canada are still getting the necklace/grenade/Hale? Or are ALL Canadian retailers getting the Black Ops skin? It’s not too clear in the article.

+ BlindsideDork on May 26th, 2011 at 9:16 am said:

You made it sound like the Hale skin from BestBuy isn’t exclusive (as in DLC later down the line), confirm or deny?

+ LovesJapanManga on May 26th, 2011 at 9:18 am said:

So, the only pre-order bonus from Amazon is for Single-Player campaign, correct? What about a few more of them for Single-Player campaign??? I wished you would include some more for Single-Player campaign! :-( But oh well. That’s you, I guess…

+ GEMINIVice on May 26th, 2011 at 9:18 am said:

….if I decided to get this, I would go for the Nathan Hale skin easily

+ VectorRaven on May 26th, 2011 at 9:18 am said:

I don’t like that multiplayer boost one bit.

David Bull's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on May 26th, 2011 at 10:32 am said:

It’s relatively minor – it gets you a bit ahead of leveling up and let’s you start customizing your classes, especially after playing the beta, you get a small benefit and don’t have to slog through levels 1-4 :-)

+ yazter on May 26th, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

I tweeted @InsomniacGames a while back and I was told there is no trophy similar to “Killing Machine.” So, thank GOD for that!

However, is that still the case?

David Bull's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on May 26th, 2011 at 10:32 am said:

Yes, we will not have a 10,000 kill trophy or anything that grindy

+ NiteVersions on May 26th, 2011 at 9:20 am said:

Pre-order bonuses are the dumbest thing to come out of this generation of consoles.

You do realize I’m going to pre-order from all these places, and cancel as soon as I get my bonus, right? It doesn’t improve sales, just causes frustration and leaves the gamer out.

+ BlindsideDork on May 26th, 2011 at 9:20 am said:

Just saw the EU Survival Edition…we better get something equally as cool or THAT identical!

I wan’t my plastic Chimeran toy soldiers!

+ DominantDude on May 26th, 2011 at 9:21 am said:

Ive always, ALWAYS pre-ordered form GameStop… But that Nathan Hale skin, its… Its just too irrisistably AMAZING!

+ Berae on May 26th, 2011 at 9:21 am said:

Nice bonuses! I was already going to pre order it but those bonuses are a plus.I will pre order it this summer

+ djpenny1 on May 26th, 2011 at 9:21 am said:

does canada get Resistance 3: Survivor Edition

+ BalramRules on May 26th, 2011 at 9:23 am said:

LOVIN IT!! ;D

+ Cyris on May 26th, 2011 at 9:26 am said:

Hopefully Naughty Dog sees this and realizes that they should make a Collector’s Edition of UC3 with Nathan Drake’s Sir Francis Drake Ring/Necklace.

+ x_Lava_x on May 26th, 2011 at 9:26 am said:

What about a special edition? Is there one where we can get all the pre-order bonuses like LBP2?

+ sevintoid on May 26th, 2011 at 9:28 am said:

I haven’t played either of the resistance games. Hearing about Sony releasing a double pack just in time for the third would be killer. They should take it a step further and add PS Move Support for it, that way I can take my gun through the single player like I did in KZ3, and Socom.

Either way looking forward to this game. When did I become such a Sony fan? :D

+ dh4645 on May 26th, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

ugh
i hate these exclusive things…and this time they even seem more all over the place than ususal

+ WFMMK on May 26th, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

Please Sony can we get all of these in one collector’s edition? I really want that necklace too.

+ Smooth423 on May 26th, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

All is fair in love and war. This game will be nice. If it is anything like Resistance 2 then I am all over this one. Thanks for making another amazing game. Pre-orders are nice too.

David Bull's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on May 26th, 2011 at 10:57 am said:

I’ll be bold enough to go out and say it’ll be better than R2 :-)

+ dh4645 on May 26th, 2011 at 9:33 am said:

@NiteVersions for most of these bonus items, u wont get your item or the code for the upgrade until you officially buy it and it’s in your box or on your final receipt, so preordering at all places will get u nothing up front.

+ KyleShort on May 26th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

Gamestop it is!

+ Enigma777 on May 26th, 2011 at 9:36 am said:

Retail-exclusive preorder bonuses FTL!

+ poweredbyzen on May 26th, 2011 at 9:37 am said:

i love pre-order bonuses!

+ materclobber on May 26th, 2011 at 9:38 am said:

I can’t take number 29 seriously with that avatar lol

+ doodooshorts on May 26th, 2011 at 9:39 am said:

ill be going the best buy route

+ ld_ruiz69 on May 26th, 2011 at 9:43 am said:

I wouldnt be surprised is Hale is somehow back in R3 storyline xD

but cool bonuses….i might have to reserve 2 copies from wat i’ve seen :P

+ Bekob on May 26th, 2011 at 9:43 am said:

What about the survivor edition? Will that be coming to North America?

+ theXecutioner on May 26th, 2011 at 9:44 am said:

Man, these are some really cool pre-order bonuses, and I’d hate to miss out on some of them.

Which brings me to my question: Will there be a Collector’s Edition with a “super voucher” of all the dlc (similar to Killzone 3)? And don’t forget the teeth.

That would be swell.

+ Ethereal on May 26th, 2011 at 9:45 am said:

Awesome, I get my games from Best Buy, because I work there. Love the Nathan skin!

+ Butters360 on May 26th, 2011 at 9:45 am said:

Awesome! That Chimera necklace looks great.

+ tedffg on May 26th, 2011 at 9:45 am said:

i love the air fuel genade

+ BEASTXJASON on May 26th, 2011 at 9:46 am said:

Since the huge drop in number of players in multilayer I will have to pass on a purchase and shoot for a rent for the single player. You took what made resistance so fun and turned it into a typical cod type experience..

I will miss the huge player counts that made the series so extremely fun.

David Bull's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on May 26th, 2011 at 11:00 am said:

But, RFOM and R2 were also well known for their small maps, like Busyard, Subway, Rooftops, Bayou… how is focusing on that kind of experience a bad thing?

+ JLPfreak on May 26th, 2011 at 9:46 am said:

I have never played the Resistance games before, but don’t know if I should pick up this one, or start with trying to find the first ones in the series. If I bought this one, do I need to play the first two in order to know what’s going on?

David Bull's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on May 26th, 2011 at 11:01 am said:

Keep an eye out, might be a way for you to catch up :-)

+ FORMIK on May 26th, 2011 at 9:46 am said:

Offering things not for use in the game, or even things that could be DLC later is fine, but don’t alter the single player game by only including the air fuel grenade as a preorder bonus. This does not make me want to buy from Amazon because the game is otherwise missing something. Please correct me if this is not the case.
Aside from that, I like the Hale character skin.

David Bull's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on May 26th, 2011 at 11:08 am said:

The Air Fuel Grenade was replaced by a new grenade in R3.

+ NeonReaver on May 26th, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

Giving people who pre-order an automatic edge in multiplayer by letting start off on a higher level is just stupid.

David Bull's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on May 26th, 2011 at 11:10 am said:

It’s not really an edge as much as it is giving them a few more options to start, and for some players who will have played the beta a lot, they might want to skip over levels 1-4. You can catch up reasonably quickly. It’s no worse than the headstart in terms of options East Coast players would have over West Coast players, or North American players would have over Europeans.

+ BigRon3400 on May 26th, 2011 at 9:50 am said:

Hale looks SO awesome.

+ materclobber on May 26th, 2011 at 9:52 am said:

i want that picture as my back ground. ummmm maybe i’ll buy it

+ Basindo on May 26th, 2011 at 9:54 am said:

Will we be able to buy the items we cannot get (since we have to pick one store) on the playstation store? If so will they be there launch day or afterwards? I know L.A. Noire had a ton of preorder bonuses like extra cases so Rockstar said they were gonna put everything up on the store after the game’s release.

Speaking of which, what about Infamous 2 as well? I hate to pick one of the preorder bonuses over the other because I want them all!

+ BlooodyCow on May 26th, 2011 at 9:55 am said:

WTF is up with the pre-order bonuses? This is beyond lame to be honest. We are not getting the collector edition like Europe and giving us single player DLC?

And to the people that never played a Resistance game before that are thinking about buy this…Don’t. GO AND BUY RESISTANCE FALL OF MAN and the PSP Resistance games!!!!! Those games are a 100 times better than Resistance 2 and by the looks of it, Resistance 3 as well.

+ r12necro on May 26th, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

i miss the 60 players multiplayer =/ at least 32 same as killzone 2 . resistance 2 multiplayer was one of the funniest games, now im not so excited for this game but lets wait.

+ Basindo on May 26th, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

JLPfreak- Sony’s releasing a bundled, greatest hits version of Resistance 1 & 2, which comes with $10 of DLC and a Resistance 3 mp skin. I think they said it will release in summer for $39, but no date yet or officially announced by Sony. I plan on getting this as I have played the first game’s demo over and over but just never got the games.

+ WFMMK on May 26th, 2011 at 9:59 am said:

BloodyCow please refrain judgement until you play Resistance 3 k?

PAGE 1 2 3 6