PS4 - Transistor

New Official Wireless Stereo Headset Coming for PS3

Anand Agarwal's Avatar + Posted by Anand Agarwal on May 27, 2011 // Sr. Manager, Brand Marketing

Do you hear that sound? It’s the sound of the enemy approaching your bunker. Only you’ve heard them way before they’ve even seen you and now your commandos are ready to unload. What’s your advantage? It’s simple – the official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset – the latest addition to the PlayStation 3 accessories family.

Official Wireless Stereo Headset for PS3Official Wireless Stereo Headset for PS3

The official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset will be available for $99.99 (MSRP) at retailers nationwide this September. Many more of your favorite franchises, such as Killzone and Gran Turismo, were also designed for surround sound audio. Featuring 7.1 virtual surround sound, the Wireless Stereo Headset lets you hear all the minor in-game audio clues clearly, whether you are in a firefight in a first-person shooter game or racing for the checkered flag.

Designed with comfort in mind for hours of gameplay, it’s the perfect addition to your PlayStation experience. Connecting the Wireless Stereo Headset with PS3 is made easy with the included USB Wireless Adapter. Precise volume controls and accessible microphone mute make it so you never have to interrupt gameplay to fumble for buttons. You can easily stay informed about battery status, sound controls, etc. with on-screen headset status updates. On top of that, the Wireless Stereo Headset also offers the highest quality voice chat for crystal clear online conversations. The mic is retractable so you can put it away if you just want to listen to music or play a single player game.

We’re very excited to be able to offer you yet another new way to get immersed in the game. Be sure to keep checking the Blog for more information soon.

PAGE 1 11 12 13 14 15 16

+ alien-workshop- on May 28th, 2011 at 12:07 pm said:

Can’t wait to use it for Mw3 :}

+ anandp773 on May 28th, 2011 at 12:26 pm said:

When will it be out?

+ gezuz11 on May 28th, 2011 at 12:36 pm said:

i cant sign in on kz3 home page

+ ACM999PT on May 28th, 2011 at 12:40 pm said:

Cool! I’ll probably buy one of these!

+ ACM999PT on May 28th, 2011 at 12:42 pm said:

Cool! I’ll probably buy one of those!

+ SYCO_661 on May 28th, 2011 at 1:36 pm said:

BUYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Chuckbait on May 28th, 2011 at 1:54 pm said:

Batteries???

Whats up with that? Do you have to use AA batteries on this? It should have rechargable ion battery in the device, otherwise its not worth it. I’d rather have this device cost $150, and you charge it via USB port…

Care to comment?

+ jay-sleep on May 28th, 2011 at 1:57 pm said:

meh, the sound on those “7.1″ surround isn’t that great, i’m sure sony’s will be somewhat better, but for $100 i want to use the headphones everywhere. you guys should bye a $80 pair of senheiser, or $100 bose, and use your blutooth for audio output only same thing gaming……and so much more otherwise

+ Crowkiid96 on May 28th, 2011 at 1:59 pm said:

I m gonna buy it when it comes out i need a Mic

+ LexDiamond79 on May 28th, 2011 at 2:13 pm said:

How about adding them as a bundle to the purchase of the console.

+ Jimmy_Cosmos on May 28th, 2011 at 2:13 pm said:

They come out in September, eh? Wonder if the PS Store will be up by then??????????????

+ Venge on May 28th, 2011 at 2:25 pm said:

I don’t like that the mic doesn’t look flexible. And I still have my doubts about how well the stereo headphones emulate 7.1. Nevertheless, it seems to be a decent pair of entry-level headphones for those who may not already have a pair.

+ GRAYRENDER on May 28th, 2011 at 2:42 pm said:

I have complainer room mates, and this would be perfect for me. I could listen to my games in high quality… this is great. I almost bought turtle beack ones, but they were like $250, these are way cooler looking and cheaper. <3 you Sony

+ Goaliegeek on May 28th, 2011 at 3:19 pm said:

So the issue I have most with my Turtle Beaches, is chat sounds and game sounds come from the same source, and its hard to hear the chat sounds and theres no way to turn that up or down. Will the PS3 headset have something where its a lot easier to hear chat sounds over game volume or adjust the chat volume?

+ FeirceCombat77 on May 28th, 2011 at 4:09 pm said:

add me

+ victr1 on May 28th, 2011 at 4:51 pm said:

For $99 these are going to get uncomfortable fast. Rather than promote this headset Sony should be working on fixing the PSN.

+ xSMKxNemesis on May 28th, 2011 at 4:56 pm said:

Sound is better than on this than the sound bar.

+ dbrb2fan on May 28th, 2011 at 5:18 pm said:

This looks awesome, i will definetely get one :).

+ BLAZ3DAFUNK on May 28th, 2011 at 5:24 pm said:

These look nice….

but yous should also add the option/feature to allow control of all game sound… and allow it to outputed to any bluetooth headset aswell…

+ BLAZ3DAFUNK on May 28th, 2011 at 5:28 pm said:

These are definately a must have for any hardcore game I am sold already…

+ BLAZ3DAFUNK on May 28th, 2011 at 5:33 pm said:

These look great, I can’t wait…I am sold already…

but SONY should also add the option/feature to allow control of all game sound… and allow it to outputed to any bluetooth headset aswell… PLEASE

+ abby-michelle505 on May 28th, 2011 at 5:50 pm said:

if they wernt so big i would tottaly have a pair

+ ODINGameslayer on May 28th, 2011 at 5:54 pm said:

mykallin on May 27th, 2011 at 7:08 am said:

What is it with sony thinking bigger is better that thing looks like a tool belt..

lol.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me: I have very nearly bought the TB set recently. I didn’t want a corded set, but I was about to dish out the $$ for quality. This set means that now I won’t have to…provided it performs.

Now, we gotta talk about that design…sigh. Can we have a do-over?

+ ElvisShow on May 28th, 2011 at 5:56 pm said:

I have been wanting one for awhile so an official one from Sony works PERFECT :)

+ ODINGameslayer on May 28th, 2011 at 5:56 pm said:

+ Freddiesq42 on May 28th, 2011 at 10:05 am said:

You can get a turtle beach for $60 with better sound quality
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How do you know? These aren’t out yet.

+ wowowowo1 on May 28th, 2011 at 6:18 pm said:

æo ○╨┬╫XjRj:z?W78 {{ä54!577│¦+│p♠5465A6♠♠♠

+ Lambrick on May 28th, 2011 at 6:58 pm said:

i was just looking at competitor’s prices for similar model headphones(read: turtle beach headsets), and this actually a really great deal, especially if it’s of the quality advertised. i’ll definitely get these one day, if i have the money.

+ Boobnoob69 on May 28th, 2011 at 6:59 pm said:

FIX THE STORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Saber02 on May 28th, 2011 at 7:04 pm said:

i agree with Boobnoob69, whats taking so freaking long, i have over 100 downloads that i need to redownload cause of stupid ylod on my ps3, had to scoure the state just to find another 1st gen ps3

+ BZant1 on May 28th, 2011 at 7:20 pm said:

now THIS is what im talking about!!! ive been wanting one of these bad boys for awhile now. But 130+ is to high for me. This is a great price. it doesnt seem to be some flimsy one ear piece headset, and hopefully not one that dies to fast D: Although the sony one wasnt to bad, it got irritating to wear it after a couple hours. I will be getting this. And hopefully this isnt a let down. Which, so far, sony’s products have not disappointed me.

+ Saber02 on May 28th, 2011 at 8:07 pm said:

turtle beach is cheaper and not as fat

+ jmkwak98 on May 28th, 2011 at 8:25 pm said:

i would really want to get those, but sony, u should really start thinking about easier prices. most people dnt spend $100 on headsets

+ Jimmy_Cosmos on May 28th, 2011 at 8:28 pm said:

This is awesome! Good job Sony!!! I can’t download things I’ve purchased on the PS Store and I can’t purchase any new games!! So awesome!!!!!!!! You’re the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ TABBY-WABBY- on May 28th, 2011 at 9:12 pm said:

Are they better than Turtle Beach head set’s I wonder ? 8)

+ LordZardeck on May 28th, 2011 at 9:13 pm said:

How can it have surround sound game audio if the PS3 doesn’t support outputting any audio but chat through usb?

+ TABBY-WABBY- on May 28th, 2011 at 9:30 pm said:

I use px 21′s ok but after a while it look’s like you have been smacked round the side of the face with a frying pan loool comfort is important ? yea cost me £65.00

+ weedbeaner on May 28th, 2011 at 9:31 pm said:

I think sony should make a USB expander for this. My ps3 slim only has 2 ports

+ TABBY-WABBY- on May 28th, 2011 at 9:40 pm said:

I have surround button on ma px 21′s so if ya out put device is capable of surround audio,. All should be cool 8) not really sure on that one LOrdZardeCK lol

+ XavierStar on May 28th, 2011 at 9:54 pm said:

Is the head size adjustable to your own head? I won’t want it too big or too small. :/

+ Hokage_45678 on May 28th, 2011 at 10:10 pm said:

These look sick and they are 7.1 Surround sound + Wireless. I would sell my Turtle Beach P11 and get these for sure.

+ jimmyjeffrey on May 28th, 2011 at 10:19 pm said:

wow loks cool but with dat money i rather buy a game

+ crz17 on May 28th, 2011 at 10:29 pm said:

have a question… So with these stereo headsets i can hear all the noise from the game and if im trying to communicate with bluetooth i just use the micropfhone that it has and that eliminates the need to have a bluetooth right?

+ Username99 on May 28th, 2011 at 10:40 pm said:

Those are beast as hell

+ K3skating on May 28th, 2011 at 11:39 pm said:

@499 do u use an hdmi cable? if u do go to sound or audio settings and click support for multiple audio outputs or something like that , switch it to on

+ spideyal on May 29th, 2011 at 12:04 am said:

I’m stoked for this. I’ve been thinking about getting a new Sound System, but I guess I’ll just pick this up and keep my current one as it isn’t that bad for movies. I’m very curious as to how this virtual 7.1 is going to sound though, since that’ll be what makes my decision.

+ MattDamon20J on May 29th, 2011 at 12:16 am said:

@622

+ Panago177 on May 29th, 2011 at 12:18 am said:

crz17, yes it eliminates the use of blue tooth headphone. You’ll communicate via the wireless usb microphone. I use the tritton pro series headphones and commms on ps3 and xbox 360 are crystal clear and adjustable. :)

+ Boobnoob69 on May 29th, 2011 at 3:09 am said:

“Your comment is awaiting moderation” I guess they finally heard me. FIX THE STORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Boobnoob69 on May 29th, 2011 at 3:40 am said:

Delete my account, or whatever, JUST FIX THE PLAYSTATION STORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Boobnoob69 on May 29th, 2011 at 3:50 am said:

IF YOU DIDN’T HEAR ME THE FIRST TIME, FIX THE STORE!!!!!!!!! IT’S BEEN LONG ENOUGH. THE LEAST YOU COULD DO IS GIVE US A STUPID UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I’M REALLY CONSIDERING SAYING GOODBYE TO ANY SONY PRODUCTS FOREVER. YOU HEAR THAT SONY? YOU WILL LOOSE A CUSTOMER. NOT JUST A VIDEO GAMES CUSTOMER, BUT ANY OF YOUR PRODUCTS AND I WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW NOT TO BUY FROM YOU IF YOU DON’T DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAGE 1 11 12 13 14 15 16