Uncharted 4

New Official Wireless Stereo Headset Coming for PS3

Anand Agarwal's Avatar + Posted by Anand Agarwal on May 27, 2011 // Sr. Manager, Brand Marketing

Do you hear that sound? It’s the sound of the enemy approaching your bunker. Only you’ve heard them way before they’ve even seen you and now your commandos are ready to unload. What’s your advantage? It’s simple – the official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset – the latest addition to the PlayStation 3 accessories family.

Official Wireless Stereo Headset for PS3Official Wireless Stereo Headset for PS3

The official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset will be available for $99.99 (MSRP) at retailers nationwide this September. Many more of your favorite franchises, such as Killzone and Gran Turismo, were also designed for surround sound audio. Featuring 7.1 virtual surround sound, the Wireless Stereo Headset lets you hear all the minor in-game audio clues clearly, whether you are in a firefight in a first-person shooter game or racing for the checkered flag.

Designed with comfort in mind for hours of gameplay, it’s the perfect addition to your PlayStation experience. Connecting the Wireless Stereo Headset with PS3 is made easy with the included USB Wireless Adapter. Precise volume controls and accessible microphone mute make it so you never have to interrupt gameplay to fumble for buttons. You can easily stay informed about battery status, sound controls, etc. with on-screen headset status updates. On top of that, the Wireless Stereo Headset also offers the highest quality voice chat for crystal clear online conversations. The mic is retractable so you can put it away if you just want to listen to music or play a single player game.

We’re very excited to be able to offer you yet another new way to get immersed in the game. Be sure to keep checking the Blog for more information soon.

PAGE 1 13 14 15 16

+ K3skating on May 29th, 2011 at 11:59 pm said:

id get these but
1. theyre wireless so i hate having to charge them since i play zombies alot , i get to high rounds so i use my x11′s that dont need charging
2. i dont have a usb port to spare
3. toooo many stuff coming out november

+ Hinatoo on May 30th, 2011 at 12:03 am said:

With the new firmware 3.70:)

+ thedude826 on May 30th, 2011 at 12:22 am said:

Now if sony paired up with beats to make some really badass headphones then I would buy those!!

+ ChefSanji on May 30th, 2011 at 2:21 am said:

Only because it’s Sony, do I want one.

looks soooo clean

+ Jerometheknight on May 30th, 2011 at 3:24 am said:

Sounds great, but its on Pre-order. You can’t buy it ANYWHERE yet. Why rush to post an item when you can’t sell it yet Playstation? Is it because you want to make it look like your company is doing well?? Thought so.

+ Pwnage_Monster56 on May 30th, 2011 at 5:34 am said:

If its not wireless then I’m not getting this. =/ Wireless is the way of the future. Why go backwards with wires?

+ Cannahuana on May 30th, 2011 at 5:38 am said:

will the uk be getting this

+ Hustlas_Union on May 30th, 2011 at 5:48 am said:

compare to other headsets with 7.1 virtual surround sound do u think this are better?

+ DEADLYassasin12 on May 30th, 2011 at 6:05 am said:

These look amazing! I’m wondering if thats brushed metal on the head band. and be honest does it have 7.1 surround or just support 7.1 and only run off 5.1 because thats all the ps3 can support (fact) unless you release a firmware update which would be amazing. if these are better then my astros i might consider.

+ gamRboyZ56 on May 30th, 2011 at 6:30 am said:

lol i wish it has effects so u can like have strater bullets and 15 or 10t.

+ jle8OF12 on May 30th, 2011 at 6:59 am said:

I beleave these will rock, they will be great for hearing footstep’s and where bullet’s are coming from and the whizzin noises they produce when comein bye your head ok guys im out jle8of12 is in da house….

+ mrpinkyboy on May 30th, 2011 at 7:13 am said:

sounds great so I am definately gonna buy it because I am getting tired of my old bluetooth but do you know if they will be implementing new chat systems to go along with it? it would be cool if the new headset supported that

+ Nee-er on May 30th, 2011 at 8:38 am said:

It’s kind of expensive, but I guess it’s worth it!

+ WhoEatsZombies on May 30th, 2011 at 8:43 am said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSS Finally an over the head SONY HEADSET!!! I was going to buy AX-pros but these are wireless and sony ps3 exclusive so yeah the choice is clear also the price is almost $80 less than TRitton Ax-Pros Maybe I’ll buy two for my friend’s birthday… hmm September… Sooner? :)

+ SunStyles on May 30th, 2011 at 9:45 am said:

how well do they rest on your neck? are they cluncky??

+ THECHAOS0 on May 30th, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

I definitely want a couple of these babies for Twisted Metal.

+ aquino305 on May 30th, 2011 at 11:28 am said:

make it a little bit more stylish please they look to simple .

+ TheBigK37 on May 30th, 2011 at 11:56 am said:

NO BLUETOOTH!! How is this even possible. I only have tow USB ports on my PS3 and 1 is going to be filled with a USB adapter for a set of headphones that could have been bluetooth. Makes no sense whatsoever. >=[

+ crow5716 on May 30th, 2011 at 12:17 pm said:

I will definitely be buying one of these! Always wanted the wireless Turtle Beach but couldn’t afford it. Plus I’m not a big fan of 3rd party accessories. I like to stick with all Sony brand items so I will definitely be buying one of these.

On the pictures of the headset, it says the design is subject to change or something. I hope it does. It is kinda boring looking. But I still will buy it no matter what it looks like just because of the functionality of it.

-crow

+ Lyndan on May 30th, 2011 at 12:43 pm said:

I’ve never bought a stereo headset before, but this will more than likely be my first! :D

+ xX-VENOM_936-Xx on May 30th, 2011 at 1:00 pm said:

@djoutcry/ comment# 663:

Rocketfish F’n suck balls compared to the better companies like Turtle beach or Astro

+ xX-VENOM_936-Xx on May 30th, 2011 at 1:06 pm said:

@crow716/ comment#694:

Buy the Turtle beach Px21… It’s $79.95 and has all the features – excluding wireless connection – and has 16ft of cord. why do you need wireless? it’s not like your playing from across your house. let’s say you need to go to the bathroom, just put your headset on your couch or something. seriously, nobody bought a ps3 just to hear some retard take a dump

+ ANGRYFEAR5 on May 30th, 2011 at 2:01 pm said:

Turtle Beach…although it is nice that these have a rechargable battery.

+ drewbidoo628 on May 30th, 2011 at 4:14 pm said:

no offense to sony . look cool but breakable

+ RGW96 on May 30th, 2011 at 4:37 pm said:

can i trade in my PS3 blutooth for this?????

+ pHaKe-_-KITE on May 30th, 2011 at 6:15 pm said:

I see a lot of people complaining about the store. i don’t see why you’re complaining so much, you do realize that Sony isn’t JUST PS3, right? also, to this headset: WOW! if i could afford those, i’d buy one hands down. the only issue i can see with this, is i always end up losing my headphones for periods at a time. will there be a way to have it beep or something along those lines on command so i can find it if i ever lose it?

+ DATRUTH52190 on May 30th, 2011 at 7:43 pm said:

i think it would make your ears really warm

+ philepay_pwns on May 30th, 2011 at 8:18 pm said:

will they just work for your ps3 or can you also plug them into mp3 players + computer??

+ Nemesis_Skillz on May 31st, 2011 at 7:29 pm said:

Will tehy be like the Turtle Beach PX5 or much better

+ LucifersCurse on June 4th, 2011 at 12:39 am said:

Will it be compatible with the NGP? even if there was a usb point to plug the adapter into that would be sweet.
also any specs yet? battery life?
It’s on the wish list

+ Techni on June 4th, 2011 at 1:27 am said:

PLEASE put custom soundtrack controls (play/pause, next, prev) controls on it!

+ Bondalfen on June 4th, 2011 at 12:41 pm said:

They look clean and smooth! Very comfortable, but a little heavy :L But we’ll see! :D Can you guys answer if it have a inline controller or is everything on the headset? Can’t wait <3

+ SmAsH_KiLler21 on June 4th, 2011 at 3:54 pm said:

Woooooooow
I need those

+ bigtruck91009 on June 4th, 2011 at 8:16 pm said:

im going to get some

+ jellis2851 on June 5th, 2011 at 6:44 am said:

stop production of this thing immediately, turn it into bluetooth, then resume production. I wanted one right up until i found out there was no bluetooth. i would love to use this on the plane, riding shotgun on road trips, sitting in my bunk listening to music while deployed, but since i can’t….oh well, extra hundred buck for me

+ Alyyse on June 5th, 2011 at 8:02 am said:

september cant come quick enough

+ shady965X on June 5th, 2011 at 3:22 pm said:

IT SHOULD BE COMPATIBALE WITH ANY BLUETOOTH CAPABLE DEVICE !!!!!!

+ lilrobda1 on June 6th, 2011 at 12:26 pm said:

Can this connect to my laptop so I can watch videos and movies?

+ JaShatta1 on June 6th, 2011 at 3:11 pm said:

I been watching this Headset from secretly developing and what sucks is that its still not in stores yet i cant wait i need a new one and i want it to be this one feel me

+ mozox on June 7th, 2011 at 7:22 am said:

Awesomen, I can’t wait !

+ ZxTool on June 7th, 2011 at 10:58 am said:

These look awesome. Even though I already have a Turtle Beach wired headset that I love, I will still pick these up just for the price/wireless/great style of these. Way to go top notch Sony.

+ boaz996 on June 8th, 2011 at 10:25 am said:

i’am realy going to buy this headset when will it be in Europe?

+ MARKLTboy on June 8th, 2011 at 2:16 pm said:

The PSvita is really nice, but one thing that should have been fixed is the speakers. Because when we are playing, our fingers and hands will be covering up the speakers and we won’t be able to enjoy hearing sound effects and actions.

+ kropodra on June 9th, 2011 at 9:10 pm said:

Just preordered them on amazon says they come out oct. 1st :(

+ argkonsteel on June 12th, 2011 at 8:33 pm said:

Instead of an adaptor wouldn,t der b a software to relay the sound, my sony dr-bt101 I’d just bought is useless..sigh

+ Bawan-96BMW on June 13th, 2011 at 10:30 pm said:

i cannot wait when does coming
out ?

+ Butters_PSJA09 on June 14th, 2011 at 5:35 pm said:

They look cool I think I migth just get a pair

+ twitchyzero on June 14th, 2011 at 6:50 pm said:

Hi Anand,

Would you please confirm whether or not this would be compatible with PC?

I’m about to buy another headset but if this Official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset is fully compatible with PC then I may wait for a review in September.

+ superpig48 on June 16th, 2011 at 4:30 pm said:

awosme im getting them when they come out :)

+ Dizzle1234 on June 18th, 2011 at 3:04 am said:

can it work on a iPod or mp3 or is it just on the ps3 only i need to before buying one

PAGE 1 13 14 15 16