PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

New Official Wireless Stereo Headset Coming for PS3

Anand Agarwal's Avatar + Posted by Anand Agarwal on May 27, 2011 // Sr. Manager, Brand Marketing

Do you hear that sound? It’s the sound of the enemy approaching your bunker. Only you’ve heard them way before they’ve even seen you and now your commandos are ready to unload. What’s your advantage? It’s simple – the official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset – the latest addition to the PlayStation 3 accessories family.

Official Wireless Stereo Headset for PS3Official Wireless Stereo Headset for PS3

The official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset will be available for $99.99 (MSRP) at retailers nationwide this September. Many more of your favorite franchises, such as Killzone and Gran Turismo, were also designed for surround sound audio. Featuring 7.1 virtual surround sound, the Wireless Stereo Headset lets you hear all the minor in-game audio clues clearly, whether you are in a firefight in a first-person shooter game or racing for the checkered flag.

Designed with comfort in mind for hours of gameplay, it’s the perfect addition to your PlayStation experience. Connecting the Wireless Stereo Headset with PS3 is made easy with the included USB Wireless Adapter. Precise volume controls and accessible microphone mute make it so you never have to interrupt gameplay to fumble for buttons. You can easily stay informed about battery status, sound controls, etc. with on-screen headset status updates. On top of that, the Wireless Stereo Headset also offers the highest quality voice chat for crystal clear online conversations. The mic is retractable so you can put it away if you just want to listen to music or play a single player game.

We’re very excited to be able to offer you yet another new way to get immersed in the game. Be sure to keep checking the Blog for more information soon.

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8 9 16

+ mstina1man on May 27th, 2011 at 12:41 pm said:

ill be picking those babies up soon as they come out.

+ Lord_Ka1n on May 27th, 2011 at 12:42 pm said:

gah, wish you could edit these…

+ nikrel on May 27th, 2011 at 12:42 pm said:

The only issue I see with this is going with a 3DTV setup, how will glasses fit over my ears while using this..?

+ OVERDOSE665 on May 27th, 2011 at 12:42 pm said:

For you all that are asking about the Store!!!!!! Look i saw this on G4, x-play, and i have seen this online before. Now there is a new DLC for Dead Space 2 coming out on June 2nd ok Tuesday is the 31st now can you do the math. They said that the Store will be up by the end of the month Tuesday the 31st and new content will be out on June 2 as they are doing two updates a week. Now if im wrong then i hope everyone hangs SONY up on Cross. I know that i will!!!!!!!

+ OVERDOSE665 on May 27th, 2011 at 12:42 pm said:

@303 i was thinking the same thing

+ crazy_kracker1 on May 27th, 2011 at 12:46 pm said:

@ heckron sell them for 100 then go get them problem solved

+ crazy_kracker1 on May 27th, 2011 at 12:50 pm said:

will rockstar ever make a part 2 of san andreas people are sayn thats what the new one is or they already did and they have not……………………………

+ kostman20 on May 27th, 2011 at 12:57 pm said:

i dont know man, $100 for a pair of super bulky and potentially uncomfortable headphones does not sound like my cup of tea. i remember buying the official playstation bluetooth ear piece; it felt like needles in my ear after five minutes……… i might give them a try, but with a firm grip on the receipt.

+ gmoney3456two on May 27th, 2011 at 12:59 pm said:

these are really nice but why wouldent they make them bluetooth i dont understand that at all

+ SHOGUN2K on May 27th, 2011 at 1:00 pm said:

I cant wait to pick these up!!!

+ Lord_Ka1n on May 27th, 2011 at 1:06 pm said:

@nickrel not sure, but if you figure it out, make sure you dont let anyone see you, lol

+ SGW595 on May 27th, 2011 at 1:10 pm said:

they look bulky?

+ nikrel on May 27th, 2011 at 1:10 pm said:

@Lord_Ka1n lol yeah my wife would so take a picture and post it on Facebook.

+ eldelpary on May 27th, 2011 at 1:17 pm said:

yeah nice im goin to buy it kuz they look cool lol

+ Detective-E on May 27th, 2011 at 1:21 pm said:

The equivalent to a turtle beach headset.. except it’s wireless, cheaper and 1st Party.

+ Kovachick13 on May 27th, 2011 at 1:22 pm said:

uhh i just bought the official bluetooth one last weekend. imperfect timing ;(

+ Skydancerx on May 27th, 2011 at 1:26 pm said:

Awesome or not? Tried many Headsets (5.1 and Stereo), many of them suffering White Noise problems. Hope this one not.

You say its a small USB Connector, i think only for Voice. But how is the Connection to the Game Sound? Stereo Output from the MultiAV Cable? Or hopefully Optical Out <— would love that. Also love the "Virtual 7.1", like the Tritton AX 720. <– Returned "White noise".

Cons for this Product:
- "Enjoy hi-fidelity sound while watching your favorite movie " <–Virtual Surround dont work on Blu-ray Movies. This one sucks REALLY REALLY HARD for an $99 Headset.
- No seperate Volume Controll for Chat and Game Sound? C´mon!
- Slide or Tap on the Headset for Volume Controll. Sony should better include "usefull" Features like the Two Above.
- aweful Design

If you really Stream the whole Voice AND Game Sound over USB, open this to other Manufacturers.

+ invision2212 on May 27th, 2011 at 1:28 pm said:

will these be able to send all gaming music and voice to the headset or is it just for chat?

+ PHATTY5 on May 27th, 2011 at 1:32 pm said:

For 100 bucks sounds like you are getting a lot for your money. Even though I love them, it’s a shame I already bought some Trittons.

+ Cannibasowns on May 27th, 2011 at 1:34 pm said:

to the dumb as trying to say they stated end of month as release ur a dumb moron and need to learn 2 read it says the target date is 31st not official release date moron. Read before u post

+ Someguy12121 on May 27th, 2011 at 1:35 pm said:

Finally something worth looking forward to besides Battlefield 3! This makes up for the crappy CoD Bundle.

+ Toastcat33 on May 27th, 2011 at 1:40 pm said:

i guess ill buy it, it looks really awesome and im tired of those [DELETED] bluetooth mics.
But, instead of releasing headphones, why not fix the store and bring it up?

+ TheRazor375 on May 27th, 2011 at 1:43 pm said:

Hey what about current stereo usb headsets? Will there be an update that’ll let game sound through all usb headsets or is this feature exclusive to the sony headset?

+ hamilton02 on May 27th, 2011 at 1:44 pm said:

its like a mic every week

+ crazy_kracker1 on May 27th, 2011 at 1:49 pm said:

@ cannabisowns then why does sony keep sayn buy the 31st. thanks for the kind words

+ skeezik2 on May 27th, 2011 at 1:51 pm said:

THEY LOOK SO COOL. THANKS SONY

+ Sparx88 on May 27th, 2011 at 1:55 pm said:

I’ve already got the original BT headset which I’ll continue to use for my PS3 (seeing as how I’m not much of an online competitive player) but these would be nice to use on my PC for some upcoming MMO’s

+ BrennanHuff13 on May 27th, 2011 at 1:55 pm said:

This will be WAYYYY better then Turtle Beach !!!!!!

+ Cannibasowns on May 27th, 2011 at 1:56 pm said:

they dont keep saying its the 31st.. the only official playstation post is saying the target date is 31st. sorry that my knowledge is more clear then urs. Nice attempt mate

+ ARES405 on May 27th, 2011 at 1:59 pm said:

One question though, are the rechargeable, thats the only thing that would make me buy it lol.

+ bgardner on May 27th, 2011 at 2:01 pm said:

@Skydancerx what White noise i have the axpo on probs for me

+ J-ToWne421 on May 27th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

TOP STORY……….. really sony thats the top story? my top story is when am i going to be gettin my download list back? Been asking for weeks now and you put a head set as your top story… SonY making us all ashamed to own a playstation….

+ QUINTISON on May 27th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

Looks great but how do they compare to ASTRO’S A40 or A30 headsets with the wired or wireless mixamp providing surround via toslink?

+ Satish13 on May 27th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

This thing is so BEAST!!! I just wish it had a bluetooth option, wouldn’t have liked to use it with my PSP Go and any other bluetooth device, Either that, or sony releases Software for the PSP on PSN to let us use the device without the USB stick. But still, the look of theses headphones are amazing, I pretty much geeked out at this. &.1 surround on this thing?! Just Amazing! I’ve been waiting for Sony to all video output direct to headphones. I guess WIreless would be a lot clearer than to use bluetooth, nothing to pair together either.

+ LordRazen38 on May 27th, 2011 at 2:25 pm said:

GREAT, AWESOME and many other things

+ bgardner on May 27th, 2011 at 2:27 pm said:

@QUINTISON
this and (ASTRO’S [A40 or A30]) is only 7.1 virtual surround sound with stereo speakers. You need 4-5 speakers in each side of the headphones to get real 5.1 on sharkoons X-Tatic Digital and trittons ax pro for that work on the ps3 for now

+ gameplayer1214 on May 27th, 2011 at 2:28 pm said:

What is the real price in north america

+ Hooligantuan on May 27th, 2011 at 2:30 pm said:

Looks sweet, but I’ll pass.

I already overpaid for a PS3 USB headset.

+ usmanshafiq55 on May 27th, 2011 at 2:35 pm said:

yo, WTF, im trying to play warhawk, it says underground mainince. WTF????

+ METALPUNKS on May 27th, 2011 at 2:48 pm said:

Oh crap I am getting the same dreadful screen I got for three weeks straight. This better end soon I am playing some online Crysis 2 this weekened no matter what I have to do.

+ SPOOKULA209 on May 27th, 2011 at 2:49 pm said:

that’s pretty cheap for what’s being offered, I might have to check these out since I was looking into buying a pair anyway

+ NOTTULYS on May 27th, 2011 at 2:50 pm said:

I’mma buy 2!

+ Street_Killaz on May 27th, 2011 at 3:00 pm said:

Oh man getting this for sure!!! Sick

+ Street_Killaz on May 27th, 2011 at 3:00 pm said:

i might just sale my 360 just for this lol

+ burningwind on May 27th, 2011 at 3:02 pm said:

Costs way too much, same with the other official Sony headset. Can y’all put out a model for poor people?

+ sindiewen on May 27th, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

This would be perfect if it also works on the PC for them awesome games

+ Street_Killaz on May 27th, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

for 99.99 thats very cheap for what they give u!!

+ Jimmy_Cosmos on May 27th, 2011 at 3:08 pm said:

These would be great if I could play my preorder DLC that I cannot download or the online pass I cannot redeem because the STUPID PS STORE IS STILL DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ tapantaola on May 27th, 2011 at 3:09 pm said:

Bluetooth offers a maximum bitrate of 2-3 Mbps (and that has to be shared among 7 devices), whereas LPCM 7.1 needs way more than that (6-18 Mbps).

+ Turloughvizlor on May 27th, 2011 at 3:14 pm said:

what a waste of an update but i guess Sony needs to come up with more garbage to make up for sales loss and the store not being up

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8 9 16