PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Fans: Watch E3 Online Right Here

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on May 29, 2011 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Last year, we invited three hundred fans into our press conference. This year, we’re shooting for a million.

You’ve been requesting it, so for the first time, we’ll be broadcasting the entirety of the PlayStation press conference directly into this Blog. Additionally, we’re setting up a mini-studio in the PlayStation booth, and we’ll be bringing in developers while the show floor is open for interviews, live demos and to answer your questions via a built-in chat module. It all starts right here on June 6th.

Kaz Hirai, Chairman and Group Chief Executive Officer of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc.

UPDATE: We’ve got several hundred more entries than we’ve got spots open, so we’re cutting off the entries now. We’ll grade the papers over the next few days and contact winners by email. Thanks for entering!

Since this is an LA event, we’d still like to do something for some of our Southern California fans. Because our press conference is already at capacity, we unfortunately won’t be able to get anyone into building (again, everyone can watch the livestream right here). However, we were able to secure over one hundred 3-day passes to the E3 Expo, where attendees can visit our booth and go hands-on with NGP and our stellar PS3 lineup as a guest of PlayStation.

We want to make sure only the biggest local PlayStation fans get in, so instead of having folks queue up in the unpredictable Spring weather (as has been the case in past years), we’ve created a web quiz you can take from the comfort of [wherever you are sitting].

Here are a few things to note:

• E3 takes place from June 7-9th at the Los Angeles Convention Center, so you’ll obviously need to be in SoCal during that time to attend. Don’t bother taking the quiz if you won’t be there!
  • You must be 18 or older to attend E3 – that’s their rule! Your ID will be checked when you go to pick up your badge, so if you’re under 18… don’t bother taking the quiz!
  • E3 badges are non-transferable, so if you’re not sure if you’re going to be able to attend… don’t bother taking the quiz!
  • The information we’re asking for (name & email address only) is required for all attendees by the ESA, who run the E3 Expo. We won’t ask for any additional info!
  • We’ll grade quizzes and select winners by late next week, and contact winners via email with information on how to pick up your passes.

Good luck!

PAGE 1 11 12 13 14 15

+ delvato on May 30th, 2011 at 9:48 am said:

@570 hey Big…Id be verry happy if the store came up even for a bit.. I expect it to crash the first week due to overloaded servers but hey, at least we would know they are attempting to get it worked out..know what I mean?
thats one way to get an update lol

+ BEASTXJASON on May 30th, 2011 at 9:48 am said:

over a month now and I cant acess my download list wtf. I paid for my stuff not rented it. Fail sony major fail.

+ bigbaddoom31 on May 30th, 2011 at 9:49 am said:

Oh I know and I also think there are posters who would still find things to gripe about and I can think of 3 off the top of my head. And I do agree that people may gripe about any games given. Personaly I’m just looking forwards to the store being up. I could care less about plus accounts. In the long run just buying a card and paying full price is less expensive from what I’ve figured.

+ bigbaddoom31 on May 30th, 2011 at 9:50 am said:

@595 I know what you mean

+ Bigcalv2002 on May 30th, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

@ 577

The dictionary defines complaining as

1. to express dissatisfaction, pain, uneasiness, censure, resentment, or grief; find fault: He complained constantly about the noise in the corridor.

2. to tell of one’s pains, ailments, etc.: to complain of a backache.

3. to make a formal accusation: If you think you’ve been swindled, complain to the police.

Dont believe me? see for yourself

“the way sony has handled the whole situation is unacceptable”, sure sounds like you are expressing dissatisfaction to me! Sadly, you dont get the point that your complaining and moaning does not make things move faster!

+ delvato on May 30th, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

yeah from what Ive read or seen in the store when it was working the plus thing is not for me. I dont waste hd space with demos. heres a question to anyone that had plus. I noticed it said never ending demo. does that mean you have access to the full game as long as your a subscriber? or just get a certain amount more out of the demo and not the full game?

+ delvato on May 30th, 2011 at 10:00 am said:

@596 yeah thats what Im wanting the most is my download list..reformatted the day of network down. and Im a rockband player so my list of over 200 songs Ive downloaded is being held hostage :)

+ SEAL_TEAM_7p on May 30th, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

Sony you are awesome and cross game chat is for FREAKS please any one who wants it tell me why?

+ delvato on May 30th, 2011 at 10:05 am said:

oh never mind my post 599 its an hour long demo really?? wow

+ SEAL_TEAM_7p on May 30th, 2011 at 10:07 am said:

599 if your talking about MAG demo for plus then yes you are capped at level 8 but you have access to everything in the game up to that point all game modes as well. and for as long as you subscribe.

+ Bigcalv2002 on May 30th, 2011 at 10:08 am said:

RE: my last comment, change it to @585, type-o’s happen lol, (comment still awaiting moderation)

+ RichieAppel on May 30th, 2011 at 10:09 am said:

So it’s pretty clear we’re not getting the store today or tomorrow. So is it going to be June 7th or 14th?

+ delvato on May 30th, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

@601 I really dont see the intrest in this either, guess cause im older If I want to talk to someone while im playing a game and there playing something eles I’ll use a phone…then again Ive yet to understand texting instead of useing your phone lol. In game chat is bad enough..have that muted as it is..had an xbox way back and I swear every 12yr old would be screaming into his headset.

+ doodooshorts on May 30th, 2011 at 10:13 am said:

they have said they are targeting the 31st….with any delay being a couple extra days. wonder how they will explain adding even more time…..they wont! they will get it up whenever they do, sit back and watch all of our anger dissolve. at least thats what my chicken$h!t @$$ would do….being a punk and all

+ delvato on May 30th, 2011 at 10:13 am said:

@603 is mag any good? laggy? and what is the cap? .. is that the gae with like over 200 people playing in the same game? Im intrested but frankly suck at fps on a console ..the controls seem to slow..pc on the other hand..llloooove fps

+ delvato on May 30th, 2011 at 10:16 am said:

wish they had a socom 2 for pc

+ madd1467 on May 30th, 2011 at 10:17 am said:

hey sony since we cant get any answers can we atleast get a “reach-around”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ SEAL_TEAM_7p on May 30th, 2011 at 10:18 am said:

it is done really well and i want to buy it now. but i can’t remember the actual level cap but it was pretty high almost no lag either and it has move support :) the game mode with 256 players is awesome and not as chaotic as you would think seems really controlled due to the commander type roles you can play as well
turn up your sensitivity if it’s too slow mine is near max with a dualshock on most games

+ delvato on May 30th, 2011 at 10:23 am said:

yeah I think its in the greatest hits now..I got a demo code when I bought socom4. when the stores out mybe I’ll try the demo..was just affraid the lag would be herendous concidering its a console. anyways thatnx for the insight

+ ktolson1234 on May 30th, 2011 at 10:30 am said:

is the ps store comeing back tomarrow or not???

+ wilsonfamily on May 30th, 2011 at 10:32 am said:

@613

I honestly wish i could say yes, but going by the way this whole outage has played out i would say not likely.

+ panagiotis052198 on May 30th, 2011 at 10:35 am said:

It would be nice if they got the ps store back up soon.

+ big_chris114 on May 30th, 2011 at 10:44 am said:

i know that this post is not about the psn , but when is it coming back up ? i have been waiting to get new games and new themes for my psp and my ps3 .

+ mychemro on May 30th, 2011 at 10:46 am said:

Well the EU site is just as bad if not worse:/ Im still Po’ed that they never told us about the PSN downtime yesterday.

+ CnGmutil8tors on May 30th, 2011 at 11:04 am said:

they didnt tell us here either did they?

+ CnGmutil8tors on May 30th, 2011 at 11:05 am said:

i think the eu blog is better, they imo have been better informed had more blog updates and more replies.

+ RichieAppel on May 30th, 2011 at 11:06 am said:

Wow Jeff Rubenstein outdid himself. 15 replies, that’s more replies than any of the blog posts received during the entire outage.

+ BAM_AWB on May 30th, 2011 at 11:07 am said:

Will there be a chat feature so can talk to any developers about their creations

+ Thkyo on May 30th, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

Sony Help me …my console have the Yellow Light of DEATH…. what can i do for my PS3 since Costa Rica >[

+ aquino305 on May 30th, 2011 at 11:19 am said:

Jeff Rubenstein are you guys only going to stream the sony conference or all of them ? i dont really care about the others just asking .

+ RichieAppel on May 30th, 2011 at 11:22 am said:

@623 Isn’t that answer obvious? They aren’t going to stream Microsoft and Nintendo’s conference’s.

+ explosive78 on May 30th, 2011 at 11:24 am said:

Watch out sony. Apparently those no life hackers are planning another attack. I really hope you guys stop these hackers before they destroy the gaming world.

+ fudgy101 on May 30th, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

This isn’t going to make the system crash is it?

+ fredster90 on May 30th, 2011 at 11:48 am said:

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 29th, 2011 at 1:51 pm said:

When we have a 100% locked in uptime for the store, we’ll tell you. Really, honestly, there’s not much else to say, is there?

but i thought th for sure 100% lock in was by tomorrow, tha’s what everyone has in mind…is that date os ps store access going to change???

+ RichieAppel on May 30th, 2011 at 11:55 am said:

@627 To understand what Jeff means when he posted that, you have to understand Sony Speak. Though it may not look like it, what Jeff is saying here, is that the store isn’t ready, and won’t be ready for the May 31st date. They’ll be informing us tomorrow the store won’t be coming online, but they won’t be telling us how much longer it will take.

+ DominantDude on May 30th, 2011 at 11:57 am said:

It would be nice if Sony decided to do their jobs right, who else agrees with that statement?

+ TheALVINtaker on May 30th, 2011 at 12:04 pm said:

It would be nice if the next news they post is about the update as to when the PlayStation Store will be up.

+ bigbaddoom31 on May 30th, 2011 at 12:08 pm said:

That would be nice to hear. I give it a 50/50 in this case. Unless there is a major hiccup or something they decided to hold back I can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be.

+ midknight24 on May 30th, 2011 at 12:08 pm said:

@629
I definitely agree with you. Its just terrible that the ones giving everyone so much Flak about asking when the store will be back are just as confused on the information coming from SONY as we are. Instead of trying to jump everyone or telling people to shut up, we should all be coming together as a COMMUNITY of gamers and demanding real answers about the problems, Thhis is exactly what SONY wants, let everyone fight each other over differences of opinions and it takes so of the questions off them

+ bigbaddoom31 on May 30th, 2011 at 12:16 pm said:

@632 I disagree with you on them wanting us to fight over this. If anything most of the arguments are going to raise more questions that Sony may not want to answer. Don’t forget in many Asian countries bringing shame and dishonor upon not only yourself but your family is not a good thing. If their names are soiled by this it will hurt them alot more then just by loosing money. And what about the developers? They are loosing money as well. Why haven’t they filed any lawsuits against Sony? If anything they are going to answer to the developers and share holders before any one else.

+ lilcanuck on May 30th, 2011 at 12:18 pm said:

ya i think that they are developing a game amongst themselves called guess when we will get the store up and it will be available when store is found

+ midknight24 on May 30th, 2011 at 12:26 pm said:

Yeah I mean if you notice people start off asking about the PS store then just start attacking each other. A lot of people nowadays don’t even go to the stores(walmart, best buy, etc) anymore to get their games. half the time the online store is cheaper than getting them at walmart. Yes I will admit to calling some people SONY SCROTUM JOCKEYS, however thats not profanity. I had someone tell me on here that because I called him a scrotum jockey that I would probably be ok if one of my children took a gun to school and killed someone meanwhile telling me to F off! I was like are you serious? And then tried to tell me that he was an adult. Like, are you kidding me?

+ bigbaddoom31 on May 30th, 2011 at 12:32 pm said:

Pshouldn’t judge others all the time based off of what they say more so when it comes to parenting. I’ve heard adults say stuff that makes them sound like 5 year olds. And I have noticed the attacks against people asking and I have said it’s not worth asking about but at the same time most of the people just ask and don’t respond to anything else. And honestly I perfer the store over a chain store that sells used games. I mean I got Justice Leque Heros for 9.99 compared to a used copy that they wanted for 17.99. Plus with online passes needed for used games it helps out. Ya know I’m really suprised that hasn’t gotten more people ticked off then the store being down.

+ Saber02 on May 30th, 2011 at 12:33 pm said:

@midknight24 it doesnt help that half of those ppl are trolls and suck ups

+ lilcanuck on May 30th, 2011 at 12:35 pm said:

ya i got a code with my need for speed for better cars but now that im rather far along kind of a mute point at this stage but i couldnt use it for the store being down lol

+ bigbaddoom31 on May 30th, 2011 at 12:50 pm said:

@midknight, have you ever considered that some people post the stuff they do on here against others more because they don’t have their real names on here? It’s easier for people to say things they normaly wouldn’t if they feel they can get away with it.

+ midknight24 on May 30th, 2011 at 12:51 pm said:

Yeah I know what you mean Saber02. The only thing I started yesterday with was that SONY is getting rather ridiculous and that I didn’t see them pulling off the new deadline. And damn did all the death threats and everything else start. You got people defending SONY toth and nail and they don’t even realize what they are trying to defend. I am a SONy fan and always have been but at some point you need to sit and think, we are all being conned. Tomorrow when it isn’t back up everyone who tried to defend Sony is going to be on here ranting and raving. The ones that were told to shut up and to get a life for complaining that its not back up already will be at the game store finding something that does work

+ midknight24 on May 30th, 2011 at 12:53 pm said:

@639

Yeah its amazing how anonymity gives people what they think are bigger balls

+ AL-SAMBA-KSA on May 30th, 2011 at 1:32 pm said:

PlayStation Network does not work again
why..?

+ vioutlaw26 on May 30th, 2011 at 1:33 pm said:

I WONDER IF SONY KNOWS THE END OF THE MONTH IS TOMOROW AND STILL NO WORD ON THE PLAYSTATION STORE.

PAGE 1 11 12 13 14 15