PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation Fans: Watch E3 Online Right Here

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on May 29, 2011 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Last year, we invited three hundred fans into our press conference. This year, we’re shooting for a million.

You’ve been requesting it, so for the first time, we’ll be broadcasting the entirety of the PlayStation press conference directly into this Blog. Additionally, we’re setting up a mini-studio in the PlayStation booth, and we’ll be bringing in developers while the show floor is open for interviews, live demos and to answer your questions via a built-in chat module. It all starts right here on June 6th.

Kaz Hirai, Chairman and Group Chief Executive Officer of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc.

UPDATE: We’ve got several hundred more entries than we’ve got spots open, so we’re cutting off the entries now. We’ll grade the papers over the next few days and contact winners by email. Thanks for entering!

Since this is an LA event, we’d still like to do something for some of our Southern California fans. Because our press conference is already at capacity, we unfortunately won’t be able to get anyone into building (again, everyone can watch the livestream right here). However, we were able to secure over one hundred 3-day passes to the E3 Expo, where attendees can visit our booth and go hands-on with NGP and our stellar PS3 lineup as a guest of PlayStation.

We want to make sure only the biggest local PlayStation fans get in, so instead of having folks queue up in the unpredictable Spring weather (as has been the case in past years), we’ve created a web quiz you can take from the comfort of [wherever you are sitting].

Here are a few things to note:

• E3 takes place from June 7-9th at the Los Angeles Convention Center, so you’ll obviously need to be in SoCal during that time to attend. Don’t bother taking the quiz if you won’t be there!
  • You must be 18 or older to attend E3 – that’s their rule! Your ID will be checked when you go to pick up your badge, so if you’re under 18… don’t bother taking the quiz!
  • E3 badges are non-transferable, so if you’re not sure if you’re going to be able to attend… don’t bother taking the quiz!
  • The information we’re asking for (name & email address only) is required for all attendees by the ESA, who run the E3 Expo. We won’t ask for any additional info!
  • We’ll grade quizzes and select winners by late next week, and contact winners via email with information on how to pick up your passes.

Good luck!

PAGE 1 13 14 15

+ fAc3b0oKfReAk18 on May 30th, 2011 at 7:46 pm said:

Jeff Rubenstein
“When we have a 100% locked in uptime for the store, we’ll tell you. Really, honestly, there’s not much else to say, is there?”- jeff rubenstein
can you explain me a little bit about this or this is the excuse?
can u please give me a specific date for the store to be up? please that would be nice of you!! :)

+ Female-TLr-Rider on May 30th, 2011 at 7:54 pm said:

Ugh watch them say that the PS store is up tomorrow and when you go and check it it says “HaHa we tricked you” written. :l This isn’t cool. They bring the psn home back and yet they can’t bring back the most important thing. Ugh its like their waiting for us to get ride of our ps3′s just to release it so we have to buy it back. But by the time the store is up everything would be outdated and everyone would be mad again. This is getting boring sony just bring us the store so we can continue with out lives (US and YOU). Heck might as well just release a freaking update saying you can’t do the time or say you WILL HAVE A ACTUAL DAY it comes out. UGH… again… Sony bring us the store or you might as well get a better team to work for sony cause this is majorly lame.

+ Saber02 on May 30th, 2011 at 8:11 pm said:

lol, well if we sell our ps3′s than we might have enough for down payment on the ps4, thats probably what they’re thinking

+ snakeauthority on May 30th, 2011 at 8:32 pm said:

lol the 250GB PS3 is only worth $100 at Gamestop.

+ Saber02 on May 30th, 2011 at 8:35 pm said:

ok ok, enough for a poster of the ps4

+ Saber02 on May 30th, 2011 at 8:37 pm said:

is it me, or is it funny that the 1st gen 60 gig models still sell for more than the new models

+ X4_MOB on May 30th, 2011 at 8:57 pm said:

when will playstation store be back online all i want is an official date so i have something to look forward to….

+ Gpz1100 on May 30th, 2011 at 8:59 pm said:

Just announced, THE END OF THE WEEK! LMAO

+ pdt826 on May 30th, 2011 at 9:03 pm said:

It’s June 1st in Japan, any news?

+ legendary_mantis on May 30th, 2011 at 9:30 pm said:

Aw man, I hope I can watch it on my PSP! And hopefully my school doesnt have the blog blocked!
It sucks that E3 is on during a school day for me this year. Will the stream be recorded for people who cant make it to watch it live? Because I havent missed an E3 since I was 8! (so 8 years of seeing E3!)

+ Boobnoob69 on May 30th, 2011 at 9:30 pm said:

I’m sorry, but this is getting extremely old. Most of your fans keep asking about the store, but you won’t even give us an OFFICIAL update on when it’s going to work again. I’m really starting to loose my faith Sony. Fix the store, or at least give us an update. I’m almost ready to sell my PS3 if this continues.

+ Boobnoob69 on May 30th, 2011 at 9:33 pm said:

I’m taking that last comment back, they updated while I was complaining, lol. *puts foot in mouth*

+ TerminaMorte on May 30th, 2011 at 9:53 pm said:

“End of the week” becomes “End of next month”. WTF is up with this company.

+ swordzmanp236 on May 30th, 2011 at 10:26 pm said:

Look, here’s why all the store jazz relates to Sony’s E3, for those confused:

You’re a big gaming manufacturer. You want to make this gigantonormous presentation about your stuff, and have people say “WOW, that is so full of win! I’m buyin’ it NOW!” But your primary commerce system just got whacked by the biggest hack of the 2010′s so far. You’re red-faced from it already, and to make things worse, the media is plastering you; people in power are at your throats, and your user base might just want to bleed you dry with all manner of legal action over this wreck. Yet you have to get people to buy that stuff you sell. The big question is, how is the audience going to buy stuff when they have naught to buy it through?

+ Senjutsu_Dav on May 30th, 2011 at 11:58 pm said:

Would be really nice to have a PS3 app to watch it live on TV instead of the computer!! =D (like renting the movie named “E3 Live Show” would let you watch the feed live on the TV from the store!!)

+ stef_bone on May 31st, 2011 at 3:48 am said:

I’ve always been so pumped for E3, I would always watch it on G4 but now I’ll watch the Sony Press Conference on the blog this time! Soooooo excited!!

+ Ztodafeezy on May 31st, 2011 at 5:33 am said:

e3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Ztodafeezy on May 31st, 2011 at 5:39 am said:

Dear, Sony. If you aren’t giving the store to us soon i’ll turn my back on you to play Xbox 360.

+ QUICKSILV3R_com on May 31st, 2011 at 7:29 am said:

Bandwidth!

+ Ryuuzaki on May 31st, 2011 at 8:21 am said:

Is there going to be a Playstation Blog meet up at E3 this year?

+ divinasdaemon on May 31st, 2011 at 10:26 am said:

Wow I scrolled the first page of comments and Mr. Rubenstein has interjected comments all over the place. But if you go look at the pages where we the consumer are pissed about the PS store, not comment one from him. Gee I wonder what’s more important to Sony? E3 or getting our services back. Well I think the proof is in the pudding. He has all this time to comment on E3 but doesn’t try to soothe the bitter people who just want to spend their money on this sub par system.

+ BalramRules on May 31st, 2011 at 11:10 am said:

SONY E3 FTW!!
are they doing this 4 da european psn blog az well??? ://

+ mcbuttz78 on May 31st, 2011 at 4:43 pm said:

@720 . yes. thers blog meet up its full . thats why they are doing a live tele cast right here on the blog. also they are having a contest for folks in La to win a ticket or two.

+ Heavenly_king on May 31st, 2011 at 5:24 pm said:

How about a countdown for the Sony E3 conference here in the blog?

+ StratoForce on June 4th, 2011 at 8:59 pm said:

Jeff where is the link to the quiz!?!? You know to atleast try and get into E3?!?!??!?!!?!!?

+ the_hulk-ungrey on June 5th, 2011 at 3:49 pm said:

what time is going to start :)

+ NinjaNabs on June 5th, 2011 at 6:27 pm said:

at least tell us the time for this -.- .

+ apo098 on June 5th, 2011 at 9:30 pm said:

I took the quiz and I received an email verifying that I won! This is a dream come true! I really hope this is real! Can anyone verify this?

+ KingRat2314 on June 6th, 2011 at 5:27 am said:

Sony’s conference is at 8 PM EST, 5 PM PST. And it really wasn’t that hard to find, just a quick google search. If you have a different time zone, just search for a time zone converter.

+ divwilliamson87 on June 6th, 2011 at 6:01 am said:

wanting it in playstation home could be one of the saddest things I have ever heard and a waste of time for Sony, just give us a link on the ‘whats new’ that way can just stream it and not having to have pshome open

+ Joe25ny on June 6th, 2011 at 8:15 am said:

http://www.justin.tv/nukem_rips#/w/1297798000/9 E3 2011 LIVE! Press Conferences + GAME GIVEAWAY! Type !Topic in chat for More Info.

+ DJ_SIGMA on June 6th, 2011 at 8:16 am said:

If you are the best in the world sony 8)

+ Barrage15 on June 6th, 2011 at 9:39 am said:

When is Sony Conference And At What Time. And I Wish that Sony Can Make a update so we can play some of our ps2 games on ps3 like Lord Of The Rings, Dragonballz, and more

+ doodooshorts on June 6th, 2011 at 11:37 am said:

Its almost time!!!!

+ staticgears on June 6th, 2011 at 1:43 pm said:

I’ll be watching!, starts at 5pm?

+ StratoForce on June 6th, 2011 at 4:44 pm said:

WHERE WAS THE LINK TO THE QUIZ???

+ HughJackmanfan on June 6th, 2011 at 5:04 pm said:

where can I watch the live from stream via internet?

+ Bolikos3 on June 8th, 2011 at 6:39 am said: