Horizon Zero Dawn

May 30

May 30

Full PSN Services, including PlayStation Store, Return This Week

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

This press release just hit the wire – PlayStation Store and related services (like voucher redemption) back this week:

SONY AND SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCE FULL RESTORATION OF PLAYSTATION®NETWORK SERVICES

Tokyo, May 31, 2011 – Sony Corporation and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) announced today that Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI, the company) will fully restore all PlayStation®Network services in the Americas, Europe/PAL territories and Asia, excluding Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea by the end of this week. The company will also resume Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity™ for PlayStation®3 (PS3®), PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), VAIO and other PCs. Details for Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea as well as the remaining services on Qriocity will be announced as they become available.

The company implemented considerable security enhancements to the network infrastructure, as well as conducted testing of the payment process and commerce functions. The first phase of PlayStation Network and Qriocity restoration began on May 15 in the Americas and Europe/PAL territories, followed by Japan and Asian countries and regions on May 28, when the company brought partial services back online. With this partial restoration users were able to access to some of the services such as online game play, account management, friend lists and chat functionality were restored. The full restoration of PlayStation Network as well as part of services to become available on Qriocity will include:

• Full functionality on PlayStation®Store
• In-game commerce
• Ability to redeem vouchers and codes
• Full functionality on Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for PS3, PSP, VAIO and
other PCs
• Full functionality on Media Go

Customers will be able to purchase and download games and video content from the PlayStation®Store on PS3 or PSP. In addition, consumers will have full access to Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity through PS3, PSP, VAIO and other PC’s. Service restoration of Video on Demand powered by Qriocity™ and Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for a variety of network-enabled Sony devices will be announced later.

“We have been conducting additional testing and further security verification of our commerce functions in order to bring the PlayStation Network completely back online so that our fans can again enjoy the first class entertainment experience they have come to love,” said Kazuo Hirai, Executive Deputy President, Sony Corporation. “We appreciate the patience and support shown during this time.”

The company will be offering customers a “Welcome Back” package of services and premium content to all registered PlayStation Network* and Qriocity account services. The details of this program will continue to be detailed regionally.

* Only available for those countries with access to PlayStation®Store.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 38

RichieAppel said:

May 30th, 9:34 pm

Wait the press release says:

“Customers can now purchase and download games and video content from the PlayStation®Store on PS3 or PSP.”

Just tried logging into the store nothing. Did this press release get released too early, and the maintenance tomorrow will bring the store up?

XxTDBanksxX said:

May 30th, 9:35 pm

Everybody just be happy they’ve been working on it so stop your @#$%^ing man forrealz man you act like little kid like you have no patience.. Thank you sony for completing the process of restoration we thank for taking your time to get the job done!! :)

snakeauthority said:

May 30th, 9:35 pm

“We will update the PlayStation Blog when the PlayStation Store is once again open for business.”

How are people getting its up now?

Toddy2Hotty said:

May 30th, 9:35 pm

Yay! I have a stack of DLC voucher codes to redeem :)

K3skating said:

May 30th, 9:35 pm

sony didn’t lie , they were just stupid; sorry sony.

Sorku359 said:

May 30th, 9:35 pm

wasnt the store supposed to be up TOMORROW

FireDog42 said:

May 30th, 9:36 pm

im glad the store is coming online. i was geting bord wiith the games already played (and beatin and yes i know i can buy another game during the outage but during the outage i was prety much geting my grades up) and the demos that I left on my ps3.

broodwars said:

May 30th, 9:36 pm

So in other words, everyone who doubted Sony would actually fulfill its promise of restoring services by the end of May was entirely correct. And wonder of wonders, Sony will now be restoring services about the time I’m out of town dealing with family matters for a good 4-5 days. I’m making a note here, Sony: Huge Success.

Street_Killaz said:

May 30th, 9:36 pm

i love it how the americans talk about it better be ready, your lucky to have Qriocity and all the good stuff u guys have..Canada always gets the bone off it!!

arkard1000 said:

May 30th, 9:36 pm

btw, you said, “Playstation store and all services up ‘by the end of the month’ ” so explain what happened today again? F**k off with this, bunch of lies. ohh sorry i mean “Japanese brand promises” Kazuo Hirai must be so proud.

dan_alex95 said:

May 30th, 9:36 pm

Great, just in time ’cause black ops Escalation map pack will be available this week!!!!!!!!

PS3 ROCKS!!!!!!!!

JiveDG said:

May 30th, 9:37 pm

WTF? What happened to before the end of May? Sony using extra time removing items that are usually on PSN+. Why limit our downloads for our free trial? I mean you guys just let hackers get away with 77 million accounts of private data. I hate you Sony.

zzamaro said:

May 30th, 9:37 pm

can’t wait

frankma1962 said:

May 30th, 9:37 pm

Why is it I feel like it will be another week or so? They told us the end of the month and today is the end of the month. Oh well, I have $40 in PSN cards sitting here and waiting. Need to get to the comic store for the DCUO.

dhfhs2 said:

May 30th, 9:37 pm

@47 Yeah I should be VERY happy and thankful that the store is down.

Boobnoob69 said:

May 30th, 9:37 pm

It’s about time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boobnoob69 said:

May 30th, 9:38 pm

Thanks for the update.

Gpz1100 said:

May 30th, 9:38 pm

Yuuuuup, believe it when I see it now.

BLOODJACK21 said:

May 30th, 9:39 pm

hell ya that im talking a bout good job sony

snakeauthority said:

May 30th, 9:39 pm

Once again some people are reading it wrong. IT DOES NOT say its up now lol. Comprehend what you read people.

snakeauthority said:

May 30th, 9:39 pm

It says this week. So anytime this week.

FrenzyHeel said:

May 30th, 9:39 pm

Bunch of gullible dorks up in here

KoRnX18 said:

May 30th, 9:40 pm

some people just dont read damn lol

nino1911 said:

May 30th, 9:40 pm

yay.

Armed_And_Awol said:

May 30th, 9:40 pm

I think they said they were targeting it by the end of the month and note the *for those that have access… at the bottom but some news is better then no news.

Deathspear666 said:

May 30th, 9:40 pm

hmmmmm

ssbigmo said:

May 30th, 9:40 pm

Glad to see a very long wait come near it’s end. hopefully honest hearts is made a priority since the next DLC for fallout: New Vegas will be released in 2 weeks. Kudos

Gaines2451 said:

May 30th, 9:41 pm

It’s about time the PS Store got back online.

Shauni206 said:

May 30th, 9:41 pm

This is good news but like some have stated this has been another date broken so I am a bit skeptical.

nick9221 said:

May 30th, 9:41 pm

Disappointing as always but at least you kok suckers posted something about the issue

Charles_Surge said:

May 30th, 9:41 pm

I’ll believe it when I see it. Let’s see if you miss another vague and generous self-imposed timeline again.

PHILLYD_1230 said:

May 30th, 9:41 pm

They said Tomorrow so i’m guessin that isn’t gonna happen since or maybe it is cuz the header didn’t say tomorrow.

LightningZombie said:

May 30th, 9:42 pm

I can understand that this is a long process to restore this service and add the welcome back package but the lack of updates for the consumers really bother me its quite obvious that the number 1 thing on peoples mind is this store they have time to advertise other things but not about the restoration of their lost services. The consumer wants to know the progress of the restoration I understand you cant tell us about what exactly your doing but at least post allot more frequently about it and don’t ignore the peoples questions towards you. Thought it was good business to keep the consumer satisfied seems now a days that it’s not the case.

JHS200 said:

May 30th, 9:43 pm

I heard this before.

sandith0m said:

May 30th, 9:43 pm

Thanks Sony :):):) It would have been nice if you could have kept to the deadline, but nevertheless, great work. I can’t wait to get my first ever game off of the store. I have been itching to get Tomb Raider 2 since I found out it was available on the store. I LOVE YOU SONY!!!!!!!!

Dodo71 said:

May 30th, 9:43 pm

Whoo! Sony, I’ve got some money to be throwing your way for more games ;D

NeoHumpty said:

May 30th, 9:43 pm

Hahahahaha. Funny that all these people are saying thank you when SONY’S JUST ADDED ANOTHER DELAY with this announcement!!

fadi002 said:

May 30th, 9:44 pm

I wonder when the store will be back up… Obviously Sony is lying.

badreligionbomb said:

May 30th, 9:44 pm

I’m all happy for the post… but it’s been told to us May 31st since this whole issue began…. what is with you people…. if you don’t have a date set in stone… stop telling us a date if you have no intention of giving us what is told….. I understand all the BS that’s been happening as of late but come on people…. I’ve been patient with you as most of us have…. but if you didn’t plan on May 31st… you shouldn’t have told us May 31st on countless occasions….. we all love you Sony… give some of that love back

snakeauthority said:

May 30th, 9:44 pm

wow they were off a couple of days. no big deal. good job sony.

I_NEED_MINES said:

May 30th, 9:44 pm

LOLWUT

DevilCalvin said:

May 30th, 9:44 pm

im shocked but they will probably make us wait longer so yeah

arkard1000 said:

May 30th, 9:45 pm

@80 lol it´s really funny! they don´t read!

NightRider001 said:

May 30th, 9:45 pm

dang end of this week? so that Saturday right? or Friday? man iv been waiting for my download to have back ever since i install my new hard drive!

darthmilo77 said:

May 30th, 9:45 pm

“This week” probably means “by next Monday”, but still, good news.

fatjoe400 said:

May 30th, 9:45 pm

@47

I believe the majority of us have been patient for weeks (and then some). Their is a limit to that patients and Sony treatment of its consumer base not helping. I’ll be glad once this whole situation is resolved, but I can’t fathom how they can treat their consumers like children. Glad that your happy about these news bits, and I sure you’ll love the free games. Personally I just want access to the content I bought this year.

xXSkullMaggotxX said:

May 30th, 9:45 pm

YAY ! Playstation store

hrdrocker said:

May 30th, 9:45 pm

okay to everyone saying that sony broke a promise if it’s not by the end of the month your wrong and pretty stupid they never promised that they said they are “targeting” restoration by the end of the month not we will so they missed the target date but in no way is it a broken promise.

ddr-dude said:

May 30th, 9:46 pm

I stuck by Sony through thick-and-thin, and in the midst of this entire fiasco I’ve defended you at every turn, but even I’m angered this last-minute admission that we’ve once more missed the deadline – a deadline that was once largely viewed as a worst-case scenario.

DevilCalvin said:

May 30th, 9:46 pm

plus how will u know wat is in the welcome back package!!!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 38