GTAV PS4

Full PSN Services, including PlayStation Store, Return This Week

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on May 30, 2011 // Sr. Social Media Manager

This press release just hit the wire – PlayStation Store and related services (like voucher redemption) back this week:

SONY AND SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCE FULL RESTORATION OF PLAYSTATION®NETWORK SERVICES

Tokyo, May 31, 2011 – Sony Corporation and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) announced today that Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI, the company) will fully restore all PlayStation®Network services in the Americas, Europe/PAL territories and Asia, excluding Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea by the end of this week. The company will also resume Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity™ for PlayStation®3 (PS3®), PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), VAIO and other PCs. Details for Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea as well as the remaining services on Qriocity will be announced as they become available.

The company implemented considerable security enhancements to the network infrastructure, as well as conducted testing of the payment process and commerce functions. The first phase of PlayStation Network and Qriocity restoration began on May 15 in the Americas and Europe/PAL territories, followed by Japan and Asian countries and regions on May 28, when the company brought partial services back online. With this partial restoration users were able to access to some of the services such as online game play, account management, friend lists and chat functionality were restored. The full restoration of PlayStation Network as well as part of services to become available on Qriocity will include:

• Full functionality on PlayStation®Store
• In-game commerce
• Ability to redeem vouchers and codes
• Full functionality on Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for PS3, PSP, VAIO and
other PCs
• Full functionality on Media Go

Customers will be able to purchase and download games and video content from the PlayStation®Store on PS3 or PSP. In addition, consumers will have full access to Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity through PS3, PSP, VAIO and other PC’s. Service restoration of Video on Demand powered by Qriocity™ and Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for a variety of network-enabled Sony devices will be announced later.

“We have been conducting additional testing and further security verification of our commerce functions in order to bring the PlayStation Network completely back online so that our fans can again enjoy the first class entertainment experience they have come to love,” said Kazuo Hirai, Executive Deputy President, Sony Corporation. “We appreciate the patience and support shown during this time.”

The company will be offering customers a “Welcome Back” package of services and premium content to all registered PlayStation Network* and Qriocity account services. The details of this program will continue to be detailed regionally.

* Only available for those countries with access to PlayStation®Store.

We will update the PlayStation Blog when the PlayStation Store is once again open for business.

1,891 Comments

PAGE 1 36 37 38

+ ddr-dude on June 1st, 2011 at 10:15 am said:

Ninjabs said:

“if the psn or ps store ever get hacked again,im selling or destroying my ps3 and never buying a sony console again in my life.”

As frustrated as I am with Sony at the moment, I’m still scratching my head at this one. Yes, I suspect Sony could have done more to prevent this crime, but somehow this still strikes me as a “blame-the-victim” stance; I’m a thousand times more angry with the hacker(s) than I am with Sony.

+ invision2212 on June 1st, 2011 at 10:20 am said:

i see all the cry babies are at it again….OH NO I DO HAVE MY PRECIOUS LITTLE STORE BOOHOO.

And when the store goes live it will be something else, grow up people and go outside do something other than whine it makes you look like a loser with no life other than video games.

+ MaximA509 on June 1st, 2011 at 10:44 am said:

Lets just hope they are not wrong again..

+ cdandurand on June 1st, 2011 at 12:03 pm said:

thank you sooooooooooooooo much. I have been waiting to spend some massive cash. Well done Sony.

+ fredster90 on June 1st, 2011 at 12:09 pm said:

where’s the ngp to ps vita anouncement…

+ fredster90 on June 1st, 2011 at 12:14 pm said:

woohoooo i was first on a page for once, and i’m really concerned about the title i don’t like it ngp is sexy smart and suitable, NEW GENERATION PORTABLE!!!

+ thanatos144 on June 1st, 2011 at 12:21 pm said:

I want a sequel to beyond good and evil…lol

+ BrooksBuff724 on June 1st, 2011 at 12:30 pm said:

I thought the Playstation Store was was supposed to be back online by the end of May not June. This is getting frustrating.

+ FAB426 on June 1st, 2011 at 12:40 pm said:

it’s not the end of June is the beggining of June

+ ccrogers15 on June 1st, 2011 at 1:06 pm said:

well like always, sony lied. Of cource. Sony your just a big joke. You will never see my money in your servers again.

+ ls9607 on June 1st, 2011 at 1:17 pm said:

I always had faith you all would get it right. I been a Playstation fan since the ps one. When anyone put their stuff out there like we do on this network, things happen. All you can do is improve.

+ ccrogers15 on June 1st, 2011 at 2:09 pm said:

theres no improving a dumb server. it dont take 2 months to “internal test”

+ halosoap on June 1st, 2011 at 2:11 pm said:

hurry sony please must get stuff on the store hurry.

+ No_NaMe_787 on June 1st, 2011 at 2:41 pm said:

It’s Abaute Time!!! ^.^

+ No_NaMe_787 on June 1st, 2011 at 2:42 pm said:

Pol Fin!!!

+ LIL_-_SHADY on June 1st, 2011 at 3:01 pm said:

I better have my 2$ and 34 cents exactly or im suing lol
Jk i love u sony

+ Teewisted101 on June 1st, 2011 at 3:03 pm said:

Cont. from post 1723…

PSN Store Outage Day 748357: Failed to execute plan… Frank ate Bill, he’s playing solo campaign. We’re hiding in the corner.

+ Saber02 on June 1st, 2011 at 3:30 pm said:

Frank ate Bill?, *weeps in sorrow* caution, i just got bitten by a shining one

+ tedffg on June 1st, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy sony

+ RMorr50912 on June 1st, 2011 at 4:29 pm said:

OK now this is getting ridiculous. What did Sony hire the Keystone Cops to fix their network? Being patient is one thing but this is nuts! oh well, par for the course, I guess. They haven’t hit a deadline yet why should this have been any different?

+ RICKINFL on June 1st, 2011 at 6:17 pm said:

Everyone needs to calm down!!! LOL See there are several things in play here.

1. We don’t pay for this service so Sony doesn’t have to answer to us. (Yes some do play, but the service is Free)

2. Trust me they want the Store up as soon as possible because they are loosing a TON OF MONEY! Plus 3rd party vendors are loosing money which you know they are giving Sony Hell also.

3. People threatening to sell their PS3’s doesn’t bother them… Know why? Because they are not going to loose business because the person you sell it to is going to register on PSN and end up buying something. So getting mad and telling them you’re selling your PS3 and buying a Xbox 360 only makes them laugh at YOU.

Bottom line is it will be up when they decide it’s safe to put it up. They don’t have to tell us anything. Yes I’m not happy they are lying to us about dates and so on. They shouldn’t give us a date and not stick to it or leave us in the dark by NOT responding and saying there is a another delay or set another day. Instead they just don’t say anything, BUT then again it goes back to what I said in #1.

I can tell you this… It will be up by E3 Expo: June 7 or they will be the laughing stock of E3.

+ LaYzie154 on June 1st, 2011 at 6:47 pm said:

It funny how all you people love to misread things…Expected date does NOT mean the guaranteed date. So stop your bickering and just wait a few days. Sony expected it to be around May 31. Not be ON May 31. So that means from May 29th-June 5th it should be out. It goes the same with items being shipped to you. You people these days…

+ ddr-dude on June 1st, 2011 at 8:58 pm said:

Well, I don’t know about the rest of you, but personally I was getting tired of always being furious with Sony so I’ve decided to start channeling my anger toward a more appropriate target: the perpetrator(s) of this cyber-terrorism.

Could Sony have done more? Yes, of course they could have. But blaming the victim goes a little too far in my book.

+ RedDot_SwAAgER on June 1st, 2011 at 9:08 pm said:

yes i have a code to enter thanks sony you ROCK!!!!

+ FAB426 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:39 pm said:

niceeeeee, Thanks Sony

+ Brillis18 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:49 pm said:

Ugh, lucky you guys! My internet is off all day so no psn for me :( I bought a new ps3 today.

+ Fennec-Lass on June 1st, 2011 at 9:54 pm said:

Playstation store will come back June 2nd, accoridng to the Sony Tokyo Press Conference.

+ DrendDragonspawn on June 1st, 2011 at 10:04 pm said:

I love the ‘You should have had redundancies and back ups’ argument. Do you have ANY idea how WORTHLESS that is? If you just put the same freaking system back online that got hacked, IT IS GOING TO GET HACKED AGAIN! To recover PROPERLY from a big hack, you MUST completely change the system, and FYI, it can take YEARS to develop a security system from scratch. At least they took the initiative to make updates while the network was down.

Goddamn. Patience is a virtue. Learn some. It isn’t like you guys are the only ones with money on the line here. Sony and other developers bank accounts are draining every second. Hell, I dropped $50 on a card for Disgaea 3 addons. Can’t use it yet. Grow up all. If you want to be Microsoft whores, go have fun. Leave those of us who prefer superior hardware, software, and systems the hell alone.

+ PersonaX7 on June 1st, 2011 at 10:51 pm said:

…Alright..

+ Zorvan on June 2nd, 2011 at 1:45 am said:

@ 1873

Quote:”Leave those of us who prefer superior hardware, software, and systems the hell alone.”

Then you’d be on a PC, not a PS3, bro.

+ ddr-dude on June 2nd, 2011 at 4:42 pm said:

@1880

My personal data has been compromised far, far more times on my pc than my ps3. When it’s all said and done, it would seem my data is much safer in Sony’s hands than Microsoft’s, based on my personal experience.

+ knowles217 on June 2nd, 2011 at 9:15 pm said:

I can not sign in right now only place the blog not home page went it go to full power just have to wait

+ martelloomis on June 4th, 2011 at 2:44 am said:

i tried to get the two free games but when i did it said nothing could be purchased t this time. after baaacking out, th icon would then disappear. it happened with both free games for the PS3. how would i be able to get those two free games. oh yeah error code 80710D36 kept showing

+ MALOQUERO_171 on June 4th, 2011 at 6:48 am said:

OW YES!!!!

+ wakeboard69420 on June 4th, 2011 at 12:35 pm said:

I am getting so sick of playstaions service all the time it doesn’t let me join my friends games and my friends are having the same problems as me. It’s getting really old

+ zohar_golan on June 5th, 2011 at 11:00 am said:

i tried to get one of the free games from the welcome back pakage but it didnt work

+ Senrabe on June 5th, 2011 at 3:32 pm said:

Sent this to the Sony Knowledge Center:

Downloaded free game, Infamous, but cannot install. Thanks for thinking of those of us who bought your system when they first came out with the smaller hard drives. Now, I can pay for a larger harddrive, about a hundred bucks, buy a new playstation with a larger harddrive for 300 bucks or so, or switch to Xbox. What can I do about this issue? What can you do about this issue? I am certainly going to post this complaint all over the internet. I’ve been a Playstation fan and supporter since I switched from Sega when they screwed us with Dreamcast. Now I’m feeling screwed by your company. So, what next Sony? Your move.

Probably won’t do a bit of good, but I shelled out 400 dollars for my PS3 5 or so years ago. If I’m going to have to shell out more money, I may just have to switch to Xbox…which sucks!!

+ SLAYING_TIME on June 11th, 2011 at 6:41 am said:

thats good atleast

+ AceBlazer13 on June 16th, 2011 at 3:19 pm said:

any news on when the playstation facebook app is gonna be back up?

+ FugitivE-2- on June 17th, 2011 at 2:02 pm said:

yayz now i can be awsomez agn :P

+ fedagnt007 on June 24th, 2011 at 11:28 am said:

Will we be able to download all of or DLC vouchers that expired during the outage? I have 1 that I would like to get back and be able to download now. Please, open the codes back up, so I and everyone else can download their codes…

PAGE 1 36 37 38