PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Important PlayStation Network Maintenance Today

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Jun 01, 2011 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

Starting soon, the PlayStation Network will be inaccessible for several hours for maintenance. The server maintenance performed at this time represents a crucial step in the full restoration for PSN, including the PlayStation Store.

During this maintenance period, users will be unable to sign in to PSN, though those that are already logged in should be able to remain online.

Resumption of full PlayStation Network service is still on track for this week in most regions.

Thank you once again for your patience as we work to return PSN to the highest level of service.

1,379 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 4 28

+ abrushwthgrtnes on June 1st, 2011 at 7:53 am said:

every time I try to go in the ps3 store it always says it’s under maintenance. Ugh!

+ midknight24 on June 1st, 2011 at 7:53 am said:

I read that the maintanence begins at 430 pm est until 7 am, don’t know for sure just sharing info

+ Citrean on June 1st, 2011 at 7:54 am said:

This is very good news, best news on the blog all week, thank you for the update. I am very much looking forward to having my download list back.

+ Kidslayer1997 on June 1st, 2011 at 7:54 am said:

@painofsorrow OH I READ, I am just hoping that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE this is the step to bring up the STORE, if not, then we will WAIT some more like we friggin have been

+ PainOfSarrow on June 1st, 2011 at 7:54 am said:

abrushwthgrtnes you have not ben reading these blogs i assume….

+ WarriorOfPersia on June 1st, 2011 at 7:54 am said:

Go ahead, good luck and make a good job. I’ll be playing offline games meanwhile (Dragon Age II for the rule!! >=D)

+ Myke-Myke on June 1st, 2011 at 7:55 am said:

Do what you guys have to do…

Hope everything goes smoothly.

Peace!!!

+ AJBS0NIC on June 1st, 2011 at 7:55 am said:

Sony: The PSN is down.
Users: UGH!!
Sony: But it’s to bring back the store!!
Users: oh… ok then.

+ foodXD on June 1st, 2011 at 7:55 am said:

Well, hopefully it will be back by tonight!

+ Azmpwafa on June 1st, 2011 at 7:55 am said:

Thank you god I was online, But the store still down.

+ PainOfSarrow on June 1st, 2011 at 7:56 am said:

Kidslayer1997 , we all have hope that it will be. im tired of waiting aswell.

+ zachracer24 on June 1st, 2011 at 7:56 am said:

i hope tonight but i dont think it will

+ Magotoko on June 1st, 2011 at 7:59 am said:

finally, just…a few..more hours…days?.. hope not

+ madd1467 on June 1st, 2011 at 7:59 am said:

Fingers crossed!maybe it’ll happen this time!

+ JHS200 on June 1st, 2011 at 8:00 am said:

Nice copy and paste blog post, real informative.

+ TheKiddSerg22 on June 1st, 2011 at 8:00 am said:

Wow..

+ TheAlbraskan on June 1st, 2011 at 8:02 am said:

Thanks for the heads up PlayStation Blog. Can’t wait for next week with inFamous 2 and E3 2011! :)

+ Phillyblunz on June 1st, 2011 at 8:02 am said:

Oh and i can wait for the store as it seems the welcome back program doesnt involve me because I already have the 5 games listed.

I’m already a plus member and would have continued to be, free 60days or none, so that is virtually no benefit to me. I live in Canada so no ID protection for me either so far.

I have a PSP but have never registered it so I probably wont even be able to get that Killzone Liberation game I have been eyeing for awhile.

The only thing I want back is the ability to use my download list so I can get into the Infamous 2 Beta before it ends, if it hasnt already.

That would be welcome back enough despite being essentially excluded from the “”welcome back” program.

Cheers.

Last games bought were Demon’s Souls, MAG.
Next games will be Infamous 2, then Resistance 3, then Drakes 3.

+ RedDragon_X on June 1st, 2011 at 8:02 am said:

it will be back on 2nd june so says here: Quote:
PlayStation Network is vanaf 18:30 op woensdag 1 juni 2011 tot 09:01 op donderdag 02 juni 2011 offline wegens gepland onderhoud.

Gedurende het onderhoud heb je geen toegang tot de volgende services:

PlayStation Store op je PS3, PSP en PC.
PlayStation Network Accountbeheer.
PlayStation Network Account registreren.

Daarnaast kun je je op nl.playstation.com niet bij PlayStation Network aanmelden. Meld je als je tijdens het onderhoud toch online wilt gamen nog vóór 18:30 op woensdag 01 juni 2011 bij PSN aan.

Gedurende het onderhoud kun je gametrofeeën blijven verzamelen. Deze worden zodra PlayStation Network weer op volle toeren draait in je profiel weergegeven.

Ga als je vragen over de uitvaltijd van de services hebt naar de officiële PlayStation-forums op community.eu.playstation.com om je vraag te stellen en één van de mods stuurt je zo snel mogelijk een antwoord.

Hou voor het laatste nieuws over dit onderhoud de PlayStation.Blog op blog.eu.playstation.com, onze Facebook-pagina, onze Hyve of onze tweets op Twitter in de gaten.
__________________

u can translate it on google translator

+ EinRobot on June 1st, 2011 at 8:02 am said:

haha Sony is becoming like the boy who cried wolf. I dont believe you are still on track, its just a carrot

+ GUYVERZERO2 on June 1st, 2011 at 8:02 am said:

I’m still waiting on my password reset from my ps3 getting the YLOD. Store and that both would be nice:)

+ I_NEED_MINES on June 1st, 2011 at 8:02 am said:

lolwut

Free games today?

+ zachracer24 on June 1st, 2011 at 8:03 am said:

lets just hope they dont get hacked again

+ zachracer24 on June 1st, 2011 at 8:03 am said:

are the welcome back games free

+ Lalopop on June 1st, 2011 at 8:04 am said:

what a bunch of cry babies…

+ morris1129 on June 1st, 2011 at 8:04 am said:

Thanks for the heads up PlayStation Blog.

+ PainOfSarrow on June 1st, 2011 at 8:05 am said:

zachracer24 yes they are

+ jazzyrider on June 1st, 2011 at 8:06 am said:

Several hours meaning 3-4 or 8+? A specific time frame would be helpful.

+ CdrCypher on June 1st, 2011 at 8:07 am said:

yes depending on the region u get to choose from a list of 5 to 6 games to download at least 2 and u still get the month of free PSN plus and the video rent thing

so yea its a good welcome back offer

just hope the ppl that have the games do get another stuff to choose from

would be inconvenient and unfair for them not having a 2nd option for the games they offer

+ Claude_Giroux_28 on June 1st, 2011 at 8:08 am said:

I’m just happy you guys are honest with what you are doing instead of some lame comment that just says you will be performing maintenance to fix some flaws.Take as much time as you need.

+ anthony19672 on June 1st, 2011 at 8:08 am said:

I can still log on…

+ the_jimster on June 1st, 2011 at 8:10 am said:

stay down for however long u need to. but ill be on cause i hardly ever sign out :). but hell yeah we are almost at full power again! now all i need is Black Ops’ Escalation Map Pack :) thanx sony

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on June 1st, 2011 at 8:11 am said:

I just bought a Slim for $100 and cant wait to load all my games on it, my 60 gigger lasted since I bought it, so Hopefully we will have the store and the giveaways in home by tomorrow. It would be nice to have it back. I have alot of games and savedata that I have to transfer…

+ Benmo316 on June 1st, 2011 at 8:11 am said:

It’ll be up by the end of the week. It seems like I’ve heard that before…

+ DeadlyD83 on June 1st, 2011 at 8:11 am said:

Sweet, finally some progress.

+ madchillen420 on June 1st, 2011 at 8:12 am said:

Atleast this will b over soon enough let us get the mappacks for free, this would keep me on psn please hurry I get off at 4:30 and I’m ready for escallition

+ poweredbyzen on June 1st, 2011 at 8:12 am said:

can’t wait to hit the store and get the free stuff!
miss renting movies and buying games! home
dissidia 2 is on sale! hint.

+ midknight24 on June 1st, 2011 at 8:12 am said:

Yeah I heard maintanence will start at 4:30 pm EST until 7am EST

+ JoHnnyXR81 on June 1st, 2011 at 8:12 am said:

Well, I dont mind the maintenance period. As long as I know Sony is on top of things. I dont think the full services will be up today; Im thinking along the lines of Saturday or Sunday.

+ zachracer24 on June 1st, 2011 at 8:13 am said:

well i wont be home so it wont effect me much

+ Dactualy on June 1st, 2011 at 8:13 am said:

Git er done

+ Wahrnye on June 1st, 2011 at 8:13 am said:

It would be good press for Sony if they could get everything back up and running just before E3. They wouldn’t be heading into the biggest gaming expo of the year with part of their services still down, which would inevitably overshadow their press release more than the outage already will.

That said, I’m not holding my breath. Sony hasn’t exactly been reliable with their information since the entire thing started.

+ zachracer24 on June 1st, 2011 at 8:14 am said:

i hope the people in anonymous get caught

+ BAEZE_L on June 1st, 2011 at 8:15 am said:

Well.. Thank You Eric For The Notable Memo. And… Send My Deepest Apologies To Jeff For All The Times I Made Jokes About Him Being A Character In A New Game For A Possible New Video Game System From SEGA.

+ midknight24 on June 1st, 2011 at 8:17 am said:

yeah they should have set up a second option for people who already have those games offered in the welcome back package, give us a list of say ten games and let us download two of them

+ vimm1 on June 1st, 2011 at 8:17 am said:

I haven’t been able to connect to the Rockstar Social Club in two days on LA Noire. I am sure this has nothing to do with Rockstar, so I figured I’d complain where it was deserved.

+ ATokenBlackGuy on June 1st, 2011 at 8:19 am said:

Fingers crossed for Store to be up by tomorrow!

+ kolobear on June 1st, 2011 at 8:19 am said:

It’s nice to feel the issue getting closer to closure. I’m sure Sony is ready to get over this huge speed bump and start moving forward.

I just hope that Sony is able to pull off E3 without too much mention of security issues and downtime. I want to know what to look forward to, not be stuck complaining about the past. Let’s hear about new games, videos, and other services.

E3 is a very exciting time of the year. I am ecstatic that Sony is doing a live stream of the press conference.

+ TheIrishFool on June 1st, 2011 at 8:19 am said:

alright i understand but i’d appreciate somone answering my question because i really don’t wanna get ripped off because i payed extra

this was my question
ok i bought battlefield bad company 2 ultimate edition game and when i try to enter the code for the onslaught mode amd 1984 game it won’t work and now while waiting for the store to get back up the code has expired and i’d really like to know if you will fix this

I have been a loyal customer of playstation for many years and i wasn’t on her dising you guys while it was i waited paitently

p.s. not sure why but the v.i.p. code worked

+ bigbaddoom31 on June 1st, 2011 at 8:19 am said:

@89 Part of the problem is anonymous doesn’t go for people’s personal information. They said that it may have been some members but from what I’m reading they are currently not taking any actions towards Sony at this time. In fact some believe it was a ruse to draw attention away from the real culprits.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 28