PS4 - Transistor

Important PlayStation Network Maintenance Today

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Jun 01, 2011 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

Starting soon, the PlayStation Network will be inaccessible for several hours for maintenance. The server maintenance performed at this time represents a crucial step in the full restoration for PSN, including the PlayStation Store.

During this maintenance period, users will be unable to sign in to PSN, though those that are already logged in should be able to remain online.

Resumption of full PlayStation Network service is still on track for this week in most regions.

Thank you once again for your patience as we work to return PSN to the highest level of service.

1,379 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 25 26 27 28

+ nocrodracul on June 1st, 2011 at 9:48 pm said:

I remember that i was playing contra on the Nes whit the game genie when i was 6 i remember the long ass codes you have to input whit the flying white hand tingy !

+ snakeauthority on June 1st, 2011 at 9:48 pm said:

why complain now? the store is almost up. sony might surprise us all with more free stuff

+ x_-Midnight-_x on June 1st, 2011 at 9:48 pm said:

sony.net/SonyInfo /News/Press/201106 /11-0602E/index. html

Check for the spaces and delete them

+ ervmas on June 1st, 2011 at 9:48 pm said:

I Hope the store will be back up by June 3rd 2011
I want my Duke Nukem Forever Demo.

+ snakeauthority on June 1st, 2011 at 9:49 pm said:

contra were fun. love the power up to spray

+ nocrodracul on June 1st, 2011 at 9:50 pm said:

Good bye people of the blog but a cat have too sleep adios ^_^.

+ duchessban1 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:50 pm said:

Isn’t anyone here going to answer me I found? It is from the Heraldonline. Here is some of the info TOKYO, June 2, 2011 — /PRNewswire/ — Sony Corporation and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) announced today that Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI, the company) will fully restore all PlayStation®Network services Thursday, June 2, 2011, in the Americas, Europe/PAL territories and Asia, excluding Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea. The company will also resume Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity™ for PlayStation®3 (PS3®), PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), VAIO and other PCs. Hope I am not doing something I shouldn’t!

Read more: http://www.heraldonline.com/2011/06/02/3114812/full-restoration-of-playstationnetwork.html#ixzz1O5hTN1xU

+ snakeauthority on June 1st, 2011 at 9:50 pm said:

and yea it really does say store will be up today. no time though

+ allentrill on June 1st, 2011 at 9:50 pm said:

Well plenty more dedicated loyal sony fans out here that still are not ticked. Not saying that there aren’t a bunch of ticked off ex sony fans, but at least not everyone has gone cuckoo for cocoa…..wait im hungry.

+ DidntCmeComin on June 1st, 2011 at 9:52 pm said:

@Snakeauthority

Spray was the only way to go.

+ snakeauthority on June 1st, 2011 at 9:53 pm said:

they should remake a contra. i would buy it

+ Supersnazzi on June 1st, 2011 at 9:56 pm said:

Hey everyone I tried to contact Sony support but the page would never load to send them a question so can anyone help me when I play games and media on my PS3 I hear a constant clicking sound and the actual sound from the movies and games will go out completely at random times and the system freezes a lot. What can I do to solve these problems, does anyone know?

+ allentrill on June 1st, 2011 at 9:56 pm said:

Now if they would just remake earthbound and cross console it from nintendo to ps3 id be happy.

+ videogamer_531 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:56 pm said:

because im free white and well over 21…thats why i can complain…last i checked this was the comment section based on the store outage.if you guys wanna talk old school, why dont you create a thread because i dont think everybody else that posts really cares if you guys like 25 year old retro games.people like you guys that never complain will just be pushed around during your lifetime, trust me…thats no way to live

+ snakeauthority on June 1st, 2011 at 9:57 pm said:

is the sound directly through your tv or a receiver?

+ Keith2K8 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:57 pm said:

Is it confirmed that we’re getting PS Store back tomorrow?

+ Fatique on June 1st, 2011 at 9:58 pm said:

Well, I guess the PlayStation Store is back tomorrow, can’t wait to try the Duke Nukem Forever demo and spend some paper!

+ Supersnazzi on June 1st, 2011 at 9:58 pm said:

@snakeauthority The sound is from my tv, I’m using a HDMI cable too if that would be causing the problem.

+ bigbaddoom31 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:58 pm said:

I’m kind of iffy on that article. But we shall see.

+ snakeauthority on June 1st, 2011 at 9:59 pm said:

videogamer you have no idea what you are talking about and dont know any of us. im not happy about how sony is doing us but complaining isnt going to solve anything. the store is coming soon so be happy.

+ Fatique on June 1st, 2011 at 9:59 pm said:

Oh, yeah, I forgot to say, I love you guys at Sony. Your the best, giving us free games, that is just top-class act right there. Thanks a lot Sony, don’t forget to take your time restoring the Store.

+ snakeauthority on June 1st, 2011 at 10:00 pm said:

do you have a dvd player hooked up to the tv too by chance? try hooking something else up to the tv to see how the sound is.

+ chachi1975 on June 1st, 2011 at 10:00 pm said:

I hope its up today or by sunday GOD PLEASE!

+ Deathspear666 on June 1st, 2011 at 10:00 pm said:

@videogamer_531..Come push me around f***-stain!! If it wasn’t for us old schoolers this industry would have stayed dead in the mid-80′s…choke on that!!

+ Keith2K8 on June 1st, 2011 at 10:00 pm said:

I also want to thank you Sony, I’m getting inFamous and Whipeout HD+Fury for free!!!!!

+ snakeauthority on June 1st, 2011 at 10:00 pm said:

if its fine the next thing is probably using another hdmi cable.

+ Supersnazzi on June 1st, 2011 at 10:01 pm said:

I tested it with my PC via the same HDMI cable, my ps2, my PSP, my dvd player, my wii, my laptop and it only has problems with my PS3 :(

+ bigbaddoom31 on June 1st, 2011 at 10:01 pm said:

The retro stuff beats bashing, fights, and let’s not forget massive amounts of spam

+ snakeauthority on June 1st, 2011 at 10:02 pm said:

hmm not sure then. maybe the hdmi port on your ps3 is going bad. how to fix it, i have no idea. sorry man

+ Unrealice on June 1st, 2011 at 10:03 pm said:

Sony Jun 2 2011 PSN store

from http://WWW.Sony.net

“Tokyo, June 2, 2011 – Sony Corporation and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) announced today that Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI, the company) will fully restore all PlayStation®Network services today June 2, 2011, in the Americas, Europe/PAL territories and Asia, excluding Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea. The company will also resume Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity™ for PlayStation®3 (PS3®), PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), VAIO and other PCs.”

+ solarpandora on June 1st, 2011 at 10:04 pm said:

ps store is working for me

+ snakeauthority on June 1st, 2011 at 10:04 pm said:

yea if it wasnt for gamers in the 80′s then games might have been stopped

+ Supersnazzi on June 1st, 2011 at 10:04 pm said:

Thanks anyway snake! I’ll probably send it into Sony because I know the disc reading laser is out of place and I got it like that when I bought it and that was back in Feb. so it’s still under warranty.

+ snakeauthority on June 1st, 2011 at 10:04 pm said:

1298 sure its not

+ Supersnazzi on June 1st, 2011 at 10:05 pm said:

STORE WORKS FOR ME OMG GUYS!!! :D inb4 troll Seriously it does!

+ snakeauthority on June 1st, 2011 at 10:05 pm said:

oh holy crap….i am in missouri and yes the store just came on for me!!! no joke!!

+ allentrill on June 1st, 2011 at 10:06 pm said:

Agreed. I like some others have no reason to complain right now..Sony got up and i can play online(if i want to). Yeah I can’t access my store but that will soon be fixed. I may be retro and old school gamer, but that just means i have a lot more patience then most.

+ snakeauthority on June 1st, 2011 at 10:08 pm said:

1298 i aplogize. it is working. downloading infamous 2 demo now

+ Orufonz0 on June 1st, 2011 at 10:08 pm said:

THE STORE IS BACK!!!

+ snakeauthority on June 1st, 2011 at 10:08 pm said:

i do not see anything about the welcome back package though

+ videogamer_531 on June 1st, 2011 at 10:11 pm said:

i just think its amazing how a company can give you guys a couple of measely 15 -20 dollar games and you guys ,thats all that matters to you?…lmao…you dont even care about any of your financial assets but your 2 free games?….im sorry but you guys have to be either young or stupid and im leaning towards both.i could give 2 dumps about those 2 games myself…they cant rebuild my credit.i would like my credit rebuilt the way that it was,i could care less about these games.i know 1 thing…been a ps gamer since 95 but when they come out with the ps4 they will wish they treated their customers better as i will not be purchasing any more of their products

+ allentrill on June 1st, 2011 at 10:11 pm said:

I get a error sometimes but its on for me in arkansas as well.

+ LIL_BO48 on June 1st, 2011 at 10:13 pm said:

So how does the “Welcome Back Package” work?

+ snakeauthority on June 1st, 2011 at 10:13 pm said:

yea i keep getting an error as well but it is working. no welcome back package yet i guess

+ Supersnazzi on June 1st, 2011 at 10:13 pm said:

@snake I think on their newest blog it’ll be updates tomorrow on the 3rd.

@allen Yeah, same here I get the error code sometimes too.

+ allentrill on June 1st, 2011 at 10:14 pm said:

They probably want to get it all up first and running before the package…but dang they got honest hearts available…yay

+ LIL_BO48 on June 1st, 2011 at 10:16 pm said:

@allentrill
good point

+ chjwatson on June 1st, 2011 at 10:21 pm said:

Straight from the PR Newswire with no modifications:

TOKYO, June 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Sony Corporation and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) announced today that Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI, the company) will fully restore all PlayStation®Network services Thursday, June 2, 2011, in the Americas, Europe/PAL territories and Asia, excluding Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea. The company will also resume Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity™ for PlayStation®3 (PS3®), PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), VAIO and other PCs.

As you can see they don’t mention PS Store specifically but they do say ‘ALL’ services.

What does this really mean? I have no idea. I ‘hope’ it means the store will be up sometime on the 2nd.

+ Yougottabekiddin on June 1st, 2011 at 10:23 pm said:

The Playstation Store is up here in TN but not fully functional.
And Post 1308 quit being a duche, the only thing people are thinking by reading your is how much of an A** your being. To be honest Sony didn’t have to do anything except repay those that subscribe to certain features within the Playstation Network. No, I’m saying this because I’m a subscriber because I’m not. But I am loyal to the company that provides my gaming needs without charging me to play online. (outside of Final Fantasy & DC Universe) I personally think Sony is being very gracious with what they are giving, not to mention the ID theft protection being offerd.

+ angelh584 on June 1st, 2011 at 10:25 pm said:

My ps3 just got yellow light of death!!!!!! why now!?

PAGE 1 25 26 27 28