PS4 - Destiny

Important PlayStation Network Maintenance Today

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Jun 01, 2011 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

Starting soon, the PlayStation Network will be inaccessible for several hours for maintenance. The server maintenance performed at this time represents a crucial step in the full restoration for PSN, including the PlayStation Store.

During this maintenance period, users will be unable to sign in to PSN, though those that are already logged in should be able to remain online.

Resumption of full PlayStation Network service is still on track for this week in most regions.

Thank you once again for your patience as we work to return PSN to the highest level of service.

1,379 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 28

+ Azmpwafa on June 1st, 2011 at 9:02 am said:

@April83 We waited a lot on our nerves and we couldn’t wait more than this and they’re still didn’t fix yet so can’t wait more and every day they said it will be probably back up today. So what going on. Are we these idiots to believe them every day and say thank you PlayStation?

+ Falandrias on June 1st, 2011 at 9:02 am said:

PLEASE BE BACK UP!! please :)

+ Chaotic_Renegade on June 1st, 2011 at 9:04 am said:

store better be up when they are done

+ Falandrias on June 1st, 2011 at 9:04 am said:

so maintenance isn’t ending today?

+ midknight24 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:05 am said:

You know it will be just like when they rolled out PSN, everyone B****ed and Griped and then as soon as SONY said “hey its up” Everyone made a mad dash, with pleases and thank yous and all the sincere and gracious praise. SONY will be all right and will probably be the best show at E3.

+ BDG420 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:07 am said:

@57

it wont be.

+ muhammadzeer on June 1st, 2011 at 9:08 am said:

:) me is going to buy so much random crap :)

+ muhammadzeer on June 1st, 2011 at 9:08 am said:

SONY IS THE BESTTTTT

+ muhammadzeer on June 1st, 2011 at 9:08 am said:

PSN STORE !!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

+ muhammadzeer on June 1st, 2011 at 9:09 am said:

IM SO EXCITED

+ muhammadzeer on June 1st, 2011 at 9:09 am said:

WHY AM I POSTING AGAIN ?

+ kdarkone on June 1st, 2011 at 9:09 am said:

Do your thing, I can wait.

+ A_Belmont on June 1st, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

Awesome! Progress! Keep updating us with further progress! This gamer likes info!

+ muhammadzeer on June 1st, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

I CANT WAIT EITHER :)

+ BDG420 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

@66
where did u find this cause i doubt that its true. i say it will be on saterday.

+ Shadowkat1991 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

Hey midknight24 weren’t you talking crap about Sony all last week? But once PSN Store is back every thing is hunky dory? Nice 180 dude.

+ bigbaddoom31 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

Is it me or is it odd that no one has responded to the last two posts from the Sony side?

+ purple_snake7 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:11 am said:

Man i work grave yard, i would like to play before i start getting ready for work :’P

+ MOLINA_520_KILLA on June 1st, 2011 at 9:12 am said:

for the identety protection program in the page when your filling all your info in i flill it all in corectly but it keeps saying : value must be a date, eg. 06/01/2011 and wont let me continue help

+ LBP_AVP on June 1st, 2011 at 9:13 am said:

i wish they cuold do with the servers online instead of offline so we could atleat enjoy online gaming

+ midknight24 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:13 am said:

Yeah I was always admitted that I was and that I was ALWAYS a SONY fan. But I can also share my point of view as well as criticism. THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING ON THIS BLOG.

+ sfarrar on June 1st, 2011 at 9:13 am said:

It is not odd that they have not responded. That is how they roll.

+ BDG420 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:14 am said:

@161
it isn’t odd at all. Just think about it thay know what we all want lol.

+ bigbaddoom31 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:14 am said:

I think your biggest issue midknight really was the lack of information, just like everyeone else.

+ BDG420 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:15 am said:

@163
A few hours off line isnt going to kill you.

+ sfarrar on June 1st, 2011 at 9:15 am said:

If anyone is still going to get rid of their PS3 Game Stop is selling Microsoft refurbished 360 for 99.

+ midknight24 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:15 am said:

Yeah they didn’t respond last time til the had their finger on the power switch

+ wilsonfamily on June 1st, 2011 at 9:16 am said:

ya lack of information is a huge issue. As sony’s consumers for years and years we have the expectation of being informed on anything that has to do with the service as it happens in a timely manner.

+ Xanthene on June 1st, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

I hope you’ve learned from this to not make 3rd party apps like mlb.tv, hulu+, or netflix require psn login to use. Of course i will not be able to use mlb.tv tonight since i will not be able to log in. i understand the store for purchases may have taken longer to secure but any free downloads, especially redemption codes for pre-orders or online passes (which shouldn’t exist in the first place), should have been a top priority and available long ago. grow a pair and end this silly online pass scam.

+ midknight24 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

@167 EXACTLY same days they would post that we would get this or that and then post for 4 days about things we couldn’t even really try to enjoy. After a lot of ” COME HERE COME HERE< GET AWAY GET AWAY" People tend to get………..ANSY

+ shrimpdude on June 1st, 2011 at 9:18 am said:

What of our expired content? WHAT?

+ Carthero2010 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

wonder when psn will be back up, i want my “welcome back” things

+ bigbaddoom31 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

@174 someone posted on here that they went in and the content that had expired had come back. If you read the previous blogs about bringing everything back up they said they are making changes to make the plus work again for those that had it.

+ BDG420 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:20 am said:

@174
bet you anything you will be able to redeam them when the store comes back.

+ wilsonfamily on June 1st, 2011 at 9:21 am said:

@midknight24

I had no problem with them posting about other games/devices or events, it was the fact that days passed without a tiny bit of information and then when they said they were targeting for may 31 they waited at zero hour to say….Nope not happening but will be this week.

If wait time is going to be a little extended, fine i can deal with that but not posting in a timely manner and constantly stating vague information is not what i call productive and honest.

+ midknight24 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:21 am said:

Yeah I think some one replied to a comment about expired passes or something and they said they were working on fixing that for everyone whose stuff had expired

+ BDG420 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:22 am said:

@175
i say saterday.

+ sam_online on June 1st, 2011 at 9:23 am said:

Sweet! Getting closer…

+ Shadowkat1991 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:23 am said:

Hey I don’t have a problem with criticism there Midknight but man you were acting like you were going to bash in the President of Sony’s head in with a PS3 controller man just kinda crazy. Not that you are the only one but seems to me that a lot of fans do this, complaining about something in order to get some sort of response out of someone, much like how a kid will hold his breath until the parent gets the child the toy that the kid wants.

+ midknight24 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:24 am said:

Yeah they posted all kind of things of “when the store comes up check out this demo, or that add on content. My problem was great report on this stuff but make no effort to allow us to do it.

+ emiru69 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:28 am said:

I think this is a conspiracy from my Anthropology and my History teacher because they hate games and I have two finals tomorrow. Oh well, I will study then. Also out of topic: Can you make an update for Uncharted 2? The update will be to make the ps3 catch of fire when people who are loosing their match complain that the game is lagging, the key word to burn their consoles will be “that’s unfair the game is lagging” or “that’s unfair you shoot me in the back”. I know, you are going to say “well, how do we know that their game isn’t lagging for real?” answer: because they don’t complain when they are winning. Thanks for your time and have fun!!!

+ midknight24 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:28 am said:

Id let my kids pass out if they did that., And just for the record, i never once made any threats or acts of violence, asking for a resignation of someone in power that you don’t agree with? Don’t think Howard Stringer is doing a good job, there again just my opinion, I actually think Kaz Hirai, is doing a good job, considering he’s been the main frontman during all of this. and again just my opinion. and everyone has one

+ Drakeii on June 1st, 2011 at 9:28 am said:

If you set a deadline, then it is your responsibility to meet that deadline. I know that if I were to fail to meet the deadlines I have given to my customers, then I feel they are justified in being disappointed and upset. However since Sony is a large corporation they seem to put their accountability towards their customers towards the bottom of the list of priorities.

Despite the efforts they have put forth to try and get back in the good graces of the gaming community I feel that Sony has much to learn about how to communicate with their customers. Leaving people in the dark for lengthy periods of time during a situation is bad for business.

I don’t give a damn about free games, free PS Plus or free movie rentals. I just want to be able to use my PS3 the way it was meant to be used.

So Sony, since you have already gone past yet another self-imposed deadline you have disappointed me again.

+ footballrule on June 1st, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

Time frame would be useful, Sony…

+ oOo_RaiN_oOo on June 1st, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

OH MY!

+ PimblyCharles on June 1st, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

As long as the store’s up by June 14th, I’m happy. LA Noire DLC here I come!… well in a few days…

Eric Lempel's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 1st, 2011 at 2:51 pm said:

R* just pinged me, and asked me to share this info:
    “We want to let all our PlayStation 3 fans know that as soon as PSN is back up and running, all PSN users will get a 2-week grace period to get the L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass at the original discount price to ensure that they don’t miss out on the savings.”

Great news!

+ wilsonfamily on June 1st, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

i think of all the things posted, i think they should have waited to post contents of the welcome back package. Without having the store up to even take advantage of it is like dangling a dog treat in front of a dog and keeping it out of reach.

+ Saber02 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

hey midknight, how about a new pitfall, the origanal drake, reboot :D

+ BDG420 on June 1st, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

@186
you know as well as i do that thay wont give us one lol.

+ allentrill on June 1st, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

Will this maintenance also fix the unable to login to sony’s website lots of people are having?

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 28