Minecraft PS4

Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation DLC Comes to PS3 June 10

Dan Amrich's Avatar + Posted by Dan Amrich on Jun 03, 2011 // Community Manager, Ubisoft

Hopefully everybody enjoyed the double XP period for Call of Duty: Black Ops in May – neither Treyarch nor Activision wanted to see any of the PS3 fans miss out just because of the technical issues. Now the next round of Black Ops action is locked and loaded: the long-awaited Escalation DLC pack will be available in the PlayStation Store on Friday, June 10th.

Escalation features five big chunks of content – four multiplayer maps and one star-studded Zombies experience unlike any other. For fans of competitive combat, your new battlegrounds await:

• HOTEL takes the sunny splendor of a luxirous Cuban casino resort and turns it into a bullet-riddled war zone. Details like the blown casino safe and poolside bar offer some unusual cover for run-and-gunners, but thanks to the high vantage points at opposite ends, it’s also a great map for snipers.
  • Why not visit the ZOO? The big cats and deadly reptiles left this abandoned Russian animal park long ago, but the overgrown, dilapidated facility still plays host to the world’s most dangerous game. Hide below in the bear lair or snipe from above on the monorail track – you’ve got the run of the place.

MP Match ZooMP Match Convoy

• If you’re looking for a slice of classic Americana, check out the small-town motel and diner near the ambushed CONVOY. The freeway overpass has collapsed, leaving a missile stranded above and rubble littered below – not to mention a pre-fab house, apparently in transit by truck when the attack hit, now toppled on its side in ruins. Talk about trailer trash.

MP Stockpile 2

• STOCKPILE looks like an ordinary town in remote Russia…until you find the warhead hidden in the building in the center of town. Use switches to slide the huge steel doors up and down – good for restricting access during objective-based games.

COTD_POSTER

Last but not least, CALL OF THE DEAD goes meta on zombie lore itself with a unique setup: Cinema’s zombie godfather George A. Romero is making his latest undead epic – starring Sarah Michelle Gellar, Robert Englund, Michael Rooker, and Danny Trejo – only to have a real zombie apocalypse break out, infecting the director himself and causing him to stalk you throughout the level. All the stars performed their roles with full motion capture and voice-over, so when you and three friends take on wave after wave of the zombie horde, you’ll do so as some of Hollywood’s most famous monster mashers. Proof positive that there’s a zombie killer in all of us.

Escalation will be available in the PlayStation Store on Friday, June 10, and to celebrate, the double XP will flow once more – enjoy twice the rewards for your efforts through Sunday, June 12. It’s also a perfect time to try out some my unorthodox multiplayer strategies that will keep your opponents guessing.

Enjoy next weekend – I’ll see you online!

PAGE 1 11 12 13 14 15

+ nkline_3-13-90 on June 9th, 2011 at 5:13 pm said:

can’t wait

+ LilKoola83 on June 9th, 2011 at 5:31 pm said:

What time can I download it. I’ll stay up all night if i have too!!

+ Gamemasta11 on June 9th, 2011 at 7:11 pm said:

I would like to know the reason that Playstation 3 has to wait an extended period of time longer than Xbox 360 to get the new DLC. And I would also like to know why they never told us a release date until a week before it comes out… I was very disapointed

+ Gamemasta11 on June 9th, 2011 at 7:17 pm said:

Is there gonna be a midnight release for NY state????

+ ty31h on June 9th, 2011 at 7:46 pm said:

To answer your question Gamemasta11, there will not be a release that singles out a specific territory. Once the DLC is released it will be available to everyone.

+ BIG_APPLE9001 on June 9th, 2011 at 7:48 pm said:

YES!!! YES!!! one More Flippin DAY….How much money will it cost

+ BIG_APPLE9001 on June 9th, 2011 at 7:51 pm said:

Does Anybody want to play Call of the dead when it comes out…if yes add me as a friend

+ Wpnfire on June 9th, 2011 at 8:44 pm said:

All I know is, I’m staying up tonight to get the first crack at zombies. It better be up at midnight or Concerta will be the death of me.

+ scarfeceloco2012 on June 9th, 2011 at 8:46 pm said:

yeah finally coming new maps! :)

+ scarfeceloco2012 on June 9th, 2011 at 8:47 pm said:

anybody have the new maps if yes add me please :)

+ WhosYoDaddy45 on June 9th, 2011 at 9:07 pm said:

It’s not fair that we get DLC’s so much l8r than Xbox. I don’t see the point in it. Y do they get it sooner? Cold u explain somehow. Informing yur supporters is the very least one could do.

+ WhosYoDaddy45 on June 9th, 2011 at 9:19 pm said:

Y’all should stop using infinity ward and keep treyarch. Did u see how popular zombies are? Way more than special ops was. All I’m saying is Treyarch knows how to bring in the cash. WITH ZOMBIES!

+ TheGrassKicker on June 9th, 2011 at 10:05 pm said:

I was told this was going to be free and it’s 14.99 what the hell sony

+ crockiller7 on June 9th, 2011 at 10:12 pm said:

its 10.99 eu ……………. i think epic fail activision

+ crockiller7 on June 9th, 2011 at 10:24 pm said:

if they only used treyarc they wouldont have a chance because have you seen the new game play for mw3 whos making it iw mostly

+ blbyir on June 9th, 2011 at 10:30 pm said:

ITS OUT! WOOHOO! THANKS SONY

+ blbyir on June 9th, 2011 at 10:31 pm said:

why it says 9th on my one its tenth

+ blbyir on June 9th, 2011 at 10:34 pm said:

the time and date are f”<%£d

+ crockiller7 on June 9th, 2011 at 10:46 pm said:

********************

+ o-_INFIDEL_-o on June 10th, 2011 at 12:48 am said:

Dont get this map pack if you hate campers, thats all it is. Corners and.junk to camp by and no there was no discount for playstation plus members. I want a refund, even though that wont happen. Maybee ill hook up a noob tube and camp like the losers that you see all over this crappy map pack. Save your money and hope for better with MW3…

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on June 10th, 2011 at 4:17 am said:

IM GAME SHARING THIS WITH 3 PEOPLE..SO IM JUST PAYING 5 BUKS!! LOL TAKE THAT TREYARCH >:P AND THANK YOU PSN! :)

+ money_711 on June 10th, 2011 at 6:09 am said:

So there is no discount on the maps even if you are a Ps+ member?? Man that’s messed up oh well I guess its only 15 dollars…..

+ kaneymom on June 10th, 2011 at 6:54 am said:

@dan amrich what is the deal with these codes everyone is passing around on ps3? the code is I8PH-CIBD-RK2H where are these codes comeing from and is this just a scam? when you put in in the ps3 card there is an amount of $50 on that card but it wont let you add it to your wallet in ps3 store? i was just really gettin tired of getting these messages and was just wondering is there anything to this?

+ dragonfire1979 on June 10th, 2011 at 7:45 am said:

How long does the download take. On 1t speed?

+ crockiller7 on June 10th, 2011 at 8:01 am said:

please reply to me via ps network is you have escalation but not first strike so we can gameshare me = get escalation you= get first strike

+ crockiller7 on June 10th, 2011 at 9:11 am said:

no idea

+ kayser9soze on June 10th, 2011 at 9:48 am said:

$15 for a map pack that’s well over a month old to other consoles? A non exclusive at that…was looking forward to buying this but at these prices hell no!! Companies then wonder why piracy is so rampant with games..add to this now they want to shove cod elite on us at a monthly rate…talk about nickel and diming yourself out of favor with consumers. I think it’s time for me to go back to buying second hand games instead of buying stuff at launch…First it was $5 dlc they saw we have no problem paying that…then it was $10 dlc’s saw we had no problem buying that..now $15 and they’ll see you have no problem paying that so what’s next $20 and $25 dlc? For $15 I can go buy an entire game that will take me weeks to finish versus a map pack who’s glory will wear out after the first 5 matches on each map.

+ X4_MOB on June 10th, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

why is it that when i try to go on ps store it says that it isnt able to go on it through my account….wtf

+ otp16 on June 10th, 2011 at 4:18 pm said:

I am cerently trying to download Escalation but when i try to install it to the game it stops with an error right before 15 percent im trying to down load it again and its taking even longer than before what the heck is going on?

+ otp16 on June 10th, 2011 at 4:35 pm said:

if anybody is to busy to respon to my comments i hope your making the network better

+ Ghostfire26 on June 10th, 2011 at 7:02 pm said:

i got to play call of the dead on my friends xbox, and it was radical. i thought that hotel and zoo were awesome, stockpile o.k., and convoy was just plain terrible.

+ Xx-_CalCulo_-xX on June 11th, 2011 at 5:22 am said:

ok its june 11 today and yesterday I bought the escalation map pack and every time I download it it says error WTF and it doesnt even download in backround and I even game shared it with some friends and they got it =/ what the hell am I supposed to do here?

+ powmeister221 on June 11th, 2011 at 10:00 am said:

finally escalation for the ps3 im a very happy gamer

+ TONO97 on June 11th, 2011 at 10:21 am said:

I paid $15 have the confirmation of purchase but when I try to download it it won’t work… it says There is not enough memory on the Hard disk can anybody help ???

+ OG_DUBY on June 11th, 2011 at 1:08 pm said:

we didnt get them on the third cuz that was the same day the map pack came out they probably weren’t ready ..imagine the network was busy for the store…and you kept getting error messages..it would be way worse with the map packs in the store

+ OG_DUBY on June 11th, 2011 at 1:12 pm said:

@618 it didn’t f**** up it did come on the store on thurs… why are people complaining about the stupid “oh we’re paying for a month old map pack” yeah map pack don’t lower the price over time…and wheres nuketown 24/7!?!?! its not in my playlists..its double xp weekend :(

+ TONY-Q on June 11th, 2011 at 3:49 pm said:

@TONO97 how many gigs is ur PS3? maybe u gotta clear some space?

+ BIG_APPLE9001 on June 11th, 2011 at 5:45 pm said:

Umm my Ecalation map pack is not downloading and it says this stupid error What am i supposed to do now

+ BIG_APPLE9001 on June 11th, 2011 at 5:47 pm said:

if it doesn’t work by later today or by tomorrow im going to be so mad…so please get it fixed by tomorrow please

+ BIG_APPLE9001 on June 11th, 2011 at 5:56 pm said:

Who else is having an Downloading Error….And Why is is Doing that.

+ o-_INFIDEL_-o on June 11th, 2011 at 6:55 pm said:

Ok how do I delete the maps and keep zombies, I cant stand these new maps they are trash.

+ debo51 on June 11th, 2011 at 9:00 pm said:

all those welcome back games suck, why couldn’t sony ive us this DLC as a welcome back pack( something I actually play

+ BIG_APPLE9001 on June 11th, 2011 at 9:21 pm said:

Why is there a stupid error every time i try to download the escalation map pack….please answer my question

+ crockiller7 on June 12th, 2011 at 12:22 am said:

debo51 what ones did you get then . im supposing not infamous

+ crockiller7 on June 12th, 2011 at 12:26 am said:

kayser 9soze yeah like infamous but ive got a friend who might gameshare escalation with me id be happy to gameshare it with you

+ crockiller7 on June 12th, 2011 at 12:33 am said:

debo51 [DELETED] most dlc is trash think about it a game can last for days or more at the most and dlc lasts a couple of hours ( the only multiplayer map i liked in 1st strike was stadium and ascension ) im only really buying this map pack ( or gamesharing it ) for call of the dead

+ crockiller7 on June 12th, 2011 at 12:37 am said:

look out zombies here i come ( with my upgraded vr11)

+ crockiller7 on June 12th, 2011 at 3:56 am said: