Minecraft PS4

Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation DLC Comes to PS3 June 10

Dan Amrich's Avatar + Posted by Dan Amrich on Jun 03, 2011 // Community Manager, Ubisoft

Hopefully everybody enjoyed the double XP period for Call of Duty: Black Ops in May – neither Treyarch nor Activision wanted to see any of the PS3 fans miss out just because of the technical issues. Now the next round of Black Ops action is locked and loaded: the long-awaited Escalation DLC pack will be available in the PlayStation Store on Friday, June 10th.

Escalation features five big chunks of content – four multiplayer maps and one star-studded Zombies experience unlike any other. For fans of competitive combat, your new battlegrounds await:

• HOTEL takes the sunny splendor of a luxirous Cuban casino resort and turns it into a bullet-riddled war zone. Details like the blown casino safe and poolside bar offer some unusual cover for run-and-gunners, but thanks to the high vantage points at opposite ends, it’s also a great map for snipers.
  • Why not visit the ZOO? The big cats and deadly reptiles left this abandoned Russian animal park long ago, but the overgrown, dilapidated facility still plays host to the world’s most dangerous game. Hide below in the bear lair or snipe from above on the monorail track – you’ve got the run of the place.

MP Match ZooMP Match Convoy

• If you’re looking for a slice of classic Americana, check out the small-town motel and diner near the ambushed CONVOY. The freeway overpass has collapsed, leaving a missile stranded above and rubble littered below – not to mention a pre-fab house, apparently in transit by truck when the attack hit, now toppled on its side in ruins. Talk about trailer trash.

MP Stockpile 2

• STOCKPILE looks like an ordinary town in remote Russia…until you find the warhead hidden in the building in the center of town. Use switches to slide the huge steel doors up and down – good for restricting access during objective-based games.

COTD_POSTER

Last but not least, CALL OF THE DEAD goes meta on zombie lore itself with a unique setup: Cinema’s zombie godfather George A. Romero is making his latest undead epic – starring Sarah Michelle Gellar, Robert Englund, Michael Rooker, and Danny Trejo – only to have a real zombie apocalypse break out, infecting the director himself and causing him to stalk you throughout the level. All the stars performed their roles with full motion capture and voice-over, so when you and three friends take on wave after wave of the zombie horde, you’ll do so as some of Hollywood’s most famous monster mashers. Proof positive that there’s a zombie killer in all of us.

Escalation will be available in the PlayStation Store on Friday, June 10, and to celebrate, the double XP will flow once more – enjoy twice the rewards for your efforts through Sunday, June 12. It’s also a perfect time to try out some my unorthodox multiplayer strategies that will keep your opponents guessing.

Enjoy next weekend – I’ll see you online!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 15

+ Sharpshooter3720 on June 3rd, 2011 at 9:08 pm said:

why do xbox 360 players get the map packs for black ops first???

please reply

+ BhDaBomb on June 3rd, 2011 at 9:09 pm said:

Dear Dan,
Your handling these comments very well, thanks for the update. Keep up the good work ; D!

+ Hooligantuan on June 3rd, 2011 at 9:12 pm said:

Black Ops has some of the most unbalanced, broken-ass multiplayer gaming I’ve ever seen.

I’d be in for the zombie game, which looks like an absolutely awesome and incredibly ambitious production, but … yeah, the zombie game is part of your multiplayer pack. It’s a real shame you guys don’t separate content where it would be appropriate, like releasing zombie games independent of multiplayer map packs.

Whatever.

+ Dianlle on June 3rd, 2011 at 9:22 pm said:

ITS A FREAKING GAME JUST WAIT LIKE MY GOD….LIKE reall go outside do something stop playing Black Ops all day man take a shower, brush your teeth put some clothes on and go outside or something else other than black ops or Playstation trust me i was fine for a month without playstation if i can you can cause i have little patince!!

+ Itobon on June 3rd, 2011 at 9:29 pm said:

I got all prestige’s in world at war modern warfare black ops and 100% trophy if you don’t believe me check Itobon combat record or PS3 account i all the time was a fan of call of duty but this with the maps is really bad. Really jun 10 no good they can release the maps sooner all the time fuc**** the PS3. i am not buying a xbox for a stupid map pack and not buying modern warfare 3 is going to be the same thing with the maps i will buy battlefield 3. We are a joke for them. They will not get more hard working money from me. This proof everything no respect for PS3 users. and sony good work on everything thanks i will never change you for any other console. THANKS

+ LEBRONZ04 on June 3rd, 2011 at 9:32 pm said:

Im just glad the networks bacc up. Thanks sony. As for the maps, well hell i waited this long whats another week. Keep up thegood work. Hurry with the damn wolcome bacc already.

+ Hooligantuan on June 3rd, 2011 at 9:32 pm said:

Ladies and gentlemen, the American education system salutes you.

+ mickyvic on June 3rd, 2011 at 9:36 pm said:

i bought a psn card ready to buy it at 12 till i found out dude microsoft is so unfair we should all get it at the same time

+ szm123 on June 3rd, 2011 at 9:39 pm said:

@11 ps3 as better graphics on all games even 360 owners will tell u so i playedxbox it doesnt show blood most of time jack@ss

+ szm123 on June 3rd, 2011 at 9:40 pm said:

psn was down we could not

+ mickyvic on June 3rd, 2011 at 9:40 pm said:

i baught a psn card ready to buy it microsoft is unfair

+ Coosh28 on June 3rd, 2011 at 9:42 pm said:

Hey i think that black ops rly should give it to us this weekend plz we have been waiting for a long time for this and we cant even play this weekend i got lots of ppl telling me and whining to me plz plz plz put the mappack on some time with weekend or later on tonight

+ Coosh28 on June 3rd, 2011 at 9:45 pm said:

Does anyone agree with me???

+ Coosh28 on June 3rd, 2011 at 9:45 pm said:

If u do hit me up on the Ps3 My Username is Coosh28

+ mickyvic on June 3rd, 2011 at 9:45 pm said:

i love sony almost all my electronics are sony except like 2 things

+ PAY_DAY21 on June 3rd, 2011 at 9:51 pm said:

i want the map pack now

+ mickyvic on June 3rd, 2011 at 9:51 pm said:

i got a question if i dont put my money from my psn card into my wallet will you guys like cancel it please reply

+ Coosh28 on June 3rd, 2011 at 9:54 pm said:

hey pay day just wait 1 more week

+ Coosh28 on June 3rd, 2011 at 9:54 pm said:

six days from tonight

+ WastelandDan on June 3rd, 2011 at 9:57 pm said:

They way Activation does the PS3 with this franchise is not right to anyone or any thing but their profit margin.

This joke of a business model is just another sign that yet another company has lost the will OR ability to innovate and simply depends on taking advantage of consumer demand and the withholding of a product to generate more interest. I played COD when most people didn’t even know what it was and my opinion is that this generation of consoles and this business model has turned COD into the worst profit monster/incorparated mule.

All that being said I am so happy to see so many of you people finally wising up to the fact that you either need to stop supporting this franchise or move to COD franchises default system, the xbox. Either way you need to wise up and just get with it. Because until Sony sells more units than MS you know who’s proverbial bootay they will be kissing.

+ PAY_DAY21 on June 3rd, 2011 at 9:57 pm said:

i want to play call of dead

+ AllHope1sGone on June 3rd, 2011 at 10:15 pm said:

Microsoft signed a contract with Activision or whoever published the map packs that allows the 360 to get any COD DLC first until 2012. T.T

+ xxDFAxx on June 3rd, 2011 at 10:16 pm said:

This game is utter garbage… give me more info on MW3 and BF3… is there going to be a PS3 bundle with either of those two games?? And maybe the system will have a limited graphic on it like the Japan version of the FF 13 PS3

+ solarpandora on June 3rd, 2011 at 10:18 pm said:

As of MW3 im no longer playing cod on my ps3 i might instead play it on pc

+ xI2esistanc3x_0 on June 3rd, 2011 at 10:27 pm said:

well idc Activision and its COD franchise is getting boring same crap all the time they release a COD $60 + 2 DLC $30 here comes november same cycle and its just gonna keep going on and on.

+ Kingsley375 on June 3rd, 2011 at 10:36 pm said:

@59 and 85

hey dan why did u say JULY 10???…..wen is the map pack comin out??? IM CONFUSED!!! :(

+ x1_1X1_1x on June 3rd, 2011 at 10:40 pm said:

Hey Dan. I think Mircosoft is paying Treyarch to let 360 get things first. Plus they even let hacker hack there systems. Why dont they do something. Lets be even Dan. They just ruins the games. SCREW MICRODOFT.

+ lilelliot5 on June 3rd, 2011 at 10:40 pm said:

Does anyone know whether we will get discount for this due to PS+? ;P

+ nick9221 on June 3rd, 2011 at 10:45 pm said:

I can’t figure out what makes me more upset.. Sony.. or certain Sony users..

+ xXBigKillaOpsXx on June 3rd, 2011 at 10:59 pm said:

i was wondering when are u guys are going to do double xp weekend???
plz reply

+ xXKEYELITEXx on June 3rd, 2011 at 11:08 pm said:

Tbh I think we all should buy battlefield 3 an not bother with cod anymore. Stop supporting them and giving them your money that’s the only way they will learn

+ lllJiNXiElll on June 3rd, 2011 at 11:13 pm said:

I find it funny that a for about the last month all I’ve seen on here is complaining – due to the hack and now the map pack not coming out yet. And what’s even funnier is that you all will stop your moaning in a week. And then it’ll just be something new. And with people tallking about switching over to Xbox because the network was down… please. Well, Sony, I want to say sorry that there’s immature idiots in the world that have too much time on their hands to hack your systems. And I want to thank you for handling the situation as well as you did. Thanks for getting the store back up again as well because I’ve been looking forward to downloading some new games and add-ons.

+ skibman400 on June 3rd, 2011 at 11:48 pm said:

best things in life are worth waiting for….

+ thanatos144 on June 3rd, 2011 at 11:52 pm said:

I never understood the obsession with these kind of games. Liked Resistance but FPS multiplayer is boring to me. I can have kids embarrass me in person. LOL I might just be to old to understand.

+ joeljbshadow on June 3rd, 2011 at 11:54 pm said:

well at least we get the map pack so i aint tripping

+ elmstreet32 on June 3rd, 2011 at 11:55 pm said:

wtf is up with my ps3 not working now

+ BigBangAzn on June 4th, 2011 at 12:21 am said:

Dan is it true that we have to pay for MW3 CoD Elite? :[

+ xRMFxNext2Nun on June 4th, 2011 at 1:02 am said:

i have these maps for Xbox and they are worth buying again.

+ LegendaryArmor on June 4th, 2011 at 1:28 am said:

Do We Get a Discount With The Playstation Plus?

+ da14-_41ww7_mam on June 4th, 2011 at 1:31 am said:

Zoo is going to be awsuuuum !!! at least they will come for the ps3 :D

+ Knight_Rider96 on June 4th, 2011 at 1:35 am said:

Dan, you keep saying over and over that there was no original date released. But when we have tp wait a whole month I’m pretty sure we can tell time. All of you Activision are the same.

+ MrHeroSlayer on June 4th, 2011 at 1:35 am said:

@152 u dont have 100% trophies in black ops now since theres new trophies with escalation which u dont have lol

+ yoda4272 on June 4th, 2011 at 1:43 am said:

Is there nothing you can do dan i mean look at all the comments that have been posted 85% of them negative is it not possible for you to help us here. to be truthful i am out of town till next thursday so it doesn’t effect me but still this is pretty disrespectful of treyarch to do to their ps3 fans so they better straighten up there game cause i am sure they will lose 4% of their sales over this. not much when you look at it but with the amount of people that buy these maps there will be huge chunk of change taken out of their wallets.

Glad to see the update hope to hear more from you within the next three days dan hope you have a good weekend

+ Tdog43 on June 4th, 2011 at 2:43 am said:

So what its a week away i think most of you will live to see it an hell its really only 6 days come on stop complaining an get down on sum dead nation!!! till the map pack comes out..

+ Ashmorgue on June 4th, 2011 at 3:22 am said:

lol i love how people complain if they haven’t notice sony has so much to update on the store and i believe it’s good it comes out next week there store should be calm downed by then

+ H0DGY_K1D88 on June 4th, 2011 at 3:23 am said:

Hey, Dan, can you please answer this question….

why do the maps have to be released on june 10th, why cant it be june 5th? or 6th?

+ H0DGY_K1D88 on June 4th, 2011 at 3:27 am said:

Why does it have to be this late???

+ H0DGY_K1D88 on June 4th, 2011 at 3:28 am said:

Please answer

+ tekkenmen on June 4th, 2011 at 4:51 am said:

….

+ riclucas on June 4th, 2011 at 4:59 am said:

I really wish I could play Call Of The Dead as a stand-alone game. It looks like a lot of fun!

It’s a shame as I’m unlikely to buy Black Ops as it’s not really my kind of game. I have tried playing previous entries in the Call of Duty franchise and can never really find the same interest in the games that makes it so successful with so many other people.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 15