Spider-Man PS4

Jun 06

Jun 06

BioShock Infinite to Support Move, PS Vita Game In the Works

Ken Levine's Avatar Posted by Creative Director and Co-founder, Irrational Games

Let me dish out some home truths here. The BioShock universe hasn’t always treated the PlayStation community super well. The first game came out on PS3 over a year after launch on other platforms. To Sony fans, that probably read as, “Hey, what are we? Chopped liver?”

bioshockinfinite_110606_02

Irrational Games came to the press conference to say Sony fans are not chopped liver. How’s them for bold words? They’re fans who have embraced innovation. Who champion cool, weird stuff like Flower and LittleBigPlanet. Who seek out content from all over the globe.

But I’m also here to back our commitment up with action. Like Move integration. Like a new game set in the BioShock universe on PS Vita. Like a free copy of BioShock 1 with each copy of BioShock Infinite on PS3 to ensure that everyone in the PlayStation world gets a chance to see how the whole BioShock magilla began.

bioshockinfinite_110606_03bioshockinfinite_110606_01

I know I didn’t give a ton of details today about the Move stuff and the new game on PS Vita. That’s because we’re still very much in Santa’s elves mode on them. But we wanted to make sure we got out there today and showed a new commitment to PlayStation fans.

It’s about time.

Read more about PlayStation at E3!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

askee360 said:

June 6th, 6:42 pm

AT&T Sucks!

Kinko-fa-la said:

June 6th, 6:42 pm

This game looks like it’s gonna be a smash hit for PS3.

TarzanSr said:

June 6th, 6:48 pm

3rd and I agree with 1 and 2

zombiEEEK said:

June 6th, 6:49 pm

only 3 comments, cmon!

zombiEEEK said:

June 6th, 6:52 pm

oh yeah, great idea for the new bioshock game btw. :))
thanks for not treating us like chopped liver!

zabelzerolp said:

June 6th, 7:05 pm

Oh yeah PS Move Support. Thumbs Up!!! for the PS Move.

jkuc316 said:

June 6th, 7:07 pm

Does PS Move Support come with Sharpshooter Support? MAG doesn’t even support Sharpshooter

Airwalkinman17 said:

June 6th, 7:16 pm

Hey thanks for dropping by man.
I love the bioshock universe and I can’t wait to see what direction Infinite takes.
You going to the Sony stage meant a lot
:D

LUGIEZ said:

June 6th, 7:21 pm

this game looks amazingly fun.

pj179 said:

June 6th, 7:22 pm

I am so excited to play Bioshock Infinite, and though it might be a while before we get our hands on the Bioshock game for PS Vita, I will definitely be looking forward to that as well. Thanks, Ken. Irrational Games is quickly becoming one of my favorite developers.

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

June 6th, 7:23 pm

Bioshock Vita :D

When (and where) does it take place? Pretty stoked about this title being announced. I would rather actually have this as a bundle than Bioshock 1 since I already got that.

jsf1987 said:

June 6th, 7:26 pm

Can’t wait for infinite! Loved the other games.

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

June 6th, 7:27 pm

Ken, any connectivity between Bioshock Vita and Bioshock Infinite?

jazzyrider said:

June 6th, 7:31 pm

Ok so now I’m switching my purchase for Bioshock Infinite to Sony instead of MS. Can’t wait to see PSVita + Bioshock gameplay!

Deathspear666 said:

June 6th, 7:33 pm

Definately gonna have it on PS3 and Vita..

BossmanCCrowder1 said:

June 6th, 7:47 pm

This was the highlight of the conference for me.

Zezzler said:

June 6th, 8:06 pm

Ken i am glad to see the awesomeness coming out of the Bioshock universe! It really is an amazing unique world that is a riot to play, and a spectacle to behold. I can’t wait to get my hands on Infinite, and especially try it with Move! I really hope development is going well, great showing today!

Halaway said:

June 6th, 8:15 pm

Great news! Looking forward to what you guys can do.

oo7PorscheMGS said:

June 6th, 8:22 pm

Nice to see an innovative AND TRIPLE A+++ game using the move. Need more games like this to support the move…. Thanks to Ken Levine for being open minded about the move (even though you needed a phone call lol) but really it’s all about imagination / creativity.. there’s no reason the MOVE can’t be used well in games, it just takes a smart developer to make it work. And if it works, it makes the game SO much more IMMERSIVE.. which makes the game THAT much better. Will only help the game.. not that it needed any help. This game looks BEAUTIFUL. This is the only game I keep looking at and saying “HOW IS THAT NOT CG?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Kilvoctu said:

June 6th, 8:27 pm

I’m smitten with Elizabeth’s new look..

lcmnick said:

June 6th, 8:31 pm

The lack of comments in here is pretty alarming :(

It’s just awesome to have Infinite on PS3. Game looks *amazing*…I keep watching the trailer that was released on Xbox Live ages ago.

You really need to get that trailer up on PSN Ken, nod, nod, wink, wink…

Karsghul said:

June 6th, 8:41 pm

I haven’t checked out the Move yet, but if Ken Levine says it’s worth their time then ill try it sometime.

Baron162 said:

June 6th, 8:45 pm

Bioshock on the PSVita. what else do you need to convice you to get one! Well, besides uncharted, killzone, and resistance… :3

Thane_of_Fife said:

June 6th, 9:58 pm

This games looks stunning, and im extremly glad to c ur support of the ps brand, thx

Kchow23 said:

June 6th, 11:14 pm

Loved Bioshock 1 and Bioshock Infinite looks amazing… can’t wait to see what you guys have in store.

aro52 said:

June 6th, 11:22 pm

Great stuff Ken!! I wasn’t sold on Move either, but Killzone 3 convinced me it’s an incredible control scheme for shooters. In fact, I much prefer using Move + Nav while playing KZ3, instead of a DualShock. I don’t use the “Sharpshooter” plastic gun either, just Nav in one hand, Move in the other, hunched over with elbows on the knees; it’s really like a 3D mouse. Super fast target acquisition!

Also, no need for any gimmicky “motion sections” in the game, just get with Guerrilla and put their well-tuned Move controls in the game. Remember, allow for a tiny bounding box for fast rotation!

And glad to hear you’ll be bringing the Bioshock universe to the PSV! Look forward to that as well!

luvtoseek said:

June 7th, 12:07 am

Thanks for the words Ken! Have fun @ E3!

MailOrderClone said:

June 7th, 12:39 am

To be completely honest, I’ll probably never bother to pick up the Move. It just seems superfluous, and there has yet to be a single title utilizing it in a way that wasn’t done better by others companies. Bioshock Infinite is going to be a fantastic game, but shoehorning Move support into it doesn’t seem worth the effort.

narwhalSTAB said:

June 7th, 1:43 am

Move is great for shooters, thanks for adding it. Infinite and the Last Guardian are my most anticipated 2012 titles.

MiiAmigo said:

June 7th, 1:44 am

This is by far my favorite announcement of E3. Day one purchase for sure.

that-acmilan-guy said:

June 7th, 2:29 am

So hyped for this game you have no idea Kev, love the interaction between you and Elizabeth both emotional and gameplay perspective! Kev 1 question: PS3 version on par with all other platforms?

Charles_Surge said:

June 7th, 2:31 am

YAY

Alyyse said:

June 7th, 3:56 am

another game thats on my list

Coheno said:

June 7th, 4:26 am

Yeah, I’ll be getting the Vita for Uncharted: GA, Sound Shapes and whatever Ken Levines wants to sell to me I will buy!

Rye0077r said:

June 7th, 4:32 am

I love that Irrational is giving us PS users some goodies! Maybe between this and VALVE’s Steam capability on PS3, developers will stop treating us PS users like we’re somehow less hardcore gamers than those on PC, and XBOX.

IrishPete333 said:

June 7th, 4:38 am

I loved Bioshock, and I can’t wait for Infinite. Very cool of you guys to release the original Bioshock with Infinite. It’s going to be a day one purchase for me (and I don’t purchase many games day one anymore).

Unseen_Soul said:

June 7th, 5:54 am

Still loving how great the Vita’s screen looks

Falaut said:

June 7th, 6:15 am

Awesome!!!!!!!! I can’t believe this, I was actually day dreaming one day thinking about how the original Bioshock would be with MOVE. This is out of control, plus the original game for free, WOW! I’ve been bouncing from closing Blockbuster to closing Blockbuster to find a copy, even local EBs don’t have it, so this is just great. Why not totally kill it and announce MOVE support on the original as well?

Sony, please more move support for 1st and 3rd person games! and more RTS, I’m loving Under Siege!

Gottenx said:

June 7th, 6:35 am

Wow, another Bioshock title!! I love the other 2 games and sounds super cool to have a copy of the first one since I played it on 360. Sweet!!!

Berae said:

June 7th, 6:40 am

Honestly, I didnt like Bioshock 1 as much as people seemed to liked it. Some things were fun like the atmosphere but it felt very repetitive. But this one looks awesome, I cant wait to play it it looks very unique.

Ken Levine's Avatar

Ken Levine said:

June 12th, 2:56 pm

Hope this one is more to your liking, Berae

Dr-Antonio said:

June 7th, 7:09 am

Amazing ! A new Bioshock game ! I cannot wait to play Infinite. Bioshock and Bioshock 2 are my favorite games; love the characters, the artistic and philosophic content on the game. Thank you Irrational to give us the chance to play those masterpieces ! I think this new game will explore the civil war in Rapture…

reson8er said:

June 7th, 7:58 am

Ken seeing you do the “waggle shuffle” was priceless, its cool to have Move as an option, in all honesty I played through Killzone 3 a second time using Move (1st was Dual Shock). I think Guerrilla really nailed the FPS controls with Move, I cannot wait to see how you adapt it for use with powers.

You were the highlight of the conference!

Ken Levine's Avatar

Ken Levine said:

June 12th, 2:56 pm

I am known for my contributions to world dance.

megamixer said:

June 7th, 8:52 am

Before: Motion controls are rubbish.
After: Motion controls rock!

Q: How can you sleep with yourself at night?
A: I sleep great with a ton of hats made of money! :D

David--Clark said:

June 7th, 9:00 am

I played bioshock 1-2 they were great . so I think bioshock infinite gonna be EPIC. can’t wait 2 play this game.

Dr-Antonio said:

June 7th, 11:46 am

Someone know if Garry Schyman will stay as the compositor ? The soundtrack of Bioshock series is a important part of the whole piece.

plaztiksyke said:

June 7th, 2:51 pm

will BioShock 1 be patched to include graphical improvements from Infinite and/or BioShock 2? will the audio assets be upgraded from MP3 to max-bitrate AAC?

excited for Move support!

jason3064 said:

June 7th, 10:23 pm

this is a definite buy.i’m loving all the support move is getting

fredromero said:

June 8th, 5:56 pm

i wanna own the bioshock 1 , and it seems we can get it at the same time with bioshock infinite ! great

ChronoTJM said:

June 10th, 5:36 pm

I can’t tell you how stoked I am for this. The ONLY reason I bought move was for FPS support. I haven’t yet gotten around to playing Bioshock 2 (I just keep thinking about Bioshock 1). But this game is looking absolutely amazing. Move support cements my day 1 purchase. Oh and not to be completely nerdy, but lead chick his hoooooooot.

MadMeat001 said: