PS4 - Destiny

Coming this September: The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3

Brian Dunn's Avatar + Posted by Brian Dunn on Jun 07, 2011 // Associate Product Marketing Manager

The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3 Box Art

I’m excited to share a great bit of news that I know many of you have been eagerly awaiting! The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection will be hitting stores starting September 27th, 2011 for $39.99 (MSRP). Featuring two of the most beloved video games of all time from famed visionary Fumito Ueda and his talented team of developers, this collection is a must-have for gamers.

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus have never looked or sounded this good. Both games have been re-mastered to support full 1080p HD resolution for a stunning, razor-sharp presentation, as well as full stereoscopic 3D support to bring the games to life in a brand new dimension. You’ll also be able to enjoy the games in up to 7.1 surround sound this time around, and unlock Trophies as you master, or re-master, these video game classics.

The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3

The development team is hard at work to meet and exceed expectations for The Last Guardian, so this collection is the perfect remedy to tide you over until the team’s latest gaming masterpiece is ready.

Look for more information about this collection coming in the months ahead.

121 Comments

+ greyfeast on June 7th, 2011 at 9:22 am said:

Some of the biggest games I’m looking forward to are the re-mastered collections. This, MGS, ZOE. Now please do some JRPG collections. So many greats on PS2.

+ snake4308 on June 7th, 2011 at 9:24 am said:

september? 24th maybe? please! that’s my birthday! I would be forever happ6!

+ VendettaLion on June 7th, 2011 at 9:26 am said:

Any details on the collectors edition the Japanese market received coming to American fans also?

+ saintaqua on June 7th, 2011 at 9:27 am said:

Is it wrong that I am looking forward to replaying for trophies?
I love SotC, and I wanted to play it again…but I held off when I heard trophy support would be included! I can’t wait.

Please, Square-Enix, make HD collections too!

And Sony….I’d like to see a Dark Cloud Collection…maybe throw in Rogue Galaxy too.

+ Fedast on June 7th, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

Just give me a digital version and I will be the happiest person in the world.

+ the_FREELANCER on June 7th, 2011 at 9:32 am said:

Thank you!

+ Elway358 on June 7th, 2011 at 9:48 am said:

What do some of you people do, sit and stare at the d@mn game case while you play a game?

Frankly, you sound pretty stupid whining about what picture is on the case of a game…

+ makai1978 on June 7th, 2011 at 9:48 am said:

Never owned, never played, New Games, New Quality Games.

+ O-DUB on June 7th, 2011 at 9:50 am said:

Niiice! BUT the box art is REALLY HURTING. The SCEE one is better and the SCEJ (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/03/ico-and-shadow-of-the-colossus-arriving-separately-in-japan-on-s/ ) is even better than that . Why do we get the gimped version?

+ saab01 on June 7th, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

I cant wait to play this game in HD it should be stunning.

+ igorrocks2 on June 7th, 2011 at 10:16 am said:

Yrah!

+ Green-Elf on June 7th, 2011 at 10:26 am said:

Already bought and paid for.

Also, please tell the group responsible thank you for using the Japanese boxart for ICO. The US artwork was horrible. I almost passed this game up because of it when it was originally released..

+ BT29NO on June 7th, 2011 at 10:29 am said:

I am so glad I’m late to this game now I can play it for the first time and In HD.

+ crazy_kracker1 on June 7th, 2011 at 10:37 am said:

is there going 2 be a lmtd edition for this game?

+ th3Lunga on June 7th, 2011 at 10:38 am said:

My birthday is on the 29th, there is no excuse for people not knowing what to give me. I even stopped playing SoTC on the PS2 (it crashed on me, to be honest, it was my first playthrough) so as to get the best experience possible!

+ tacotaskforce on June 7th, 2011 at 10:44 am said:

So that’s the final box art? The Japanese box looks so much nicer. $30 more, but still.

+ MarioTBK on June 7th, 2011 at 10:45 am said:

I hope we get a Collectors Edition like Japan did. If so, I’m definately getting it! And I’m super cheap about games, I don’t buy anything until it’s $20 or less, so thats saying something! Oddly enough, the last game I paid $40 for was an original PS2 copy of Ico, how odd.

I also hope they are treated like 2 seperate games i.e. 2 seperate Platinums.

+ Smooth423 on June 7th, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

Keep them coming. I am loving the HD Remakes. Bring on Resident Evil. Redo the entire Resident Evil series in HD Please!

+ Nithorias on June 7th, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

Thank you, for me this has been one of the greatest news of E3, I’m so glad the collection has finally got a release date, I love this games so much and now in 1080p (Jesus Christ) this will blow my mind lol, btw any news for pre-order content??? a poster will be really nice :)

+ angelspawn77 on June 7th, 2011 at 10:56 am said:

Woo!!! I thought this got pushed into next year though?

+ ZxTool on June 7th, 2011 at 11:02 am said:

I stopped playing the PS2 version of this just so I could experience this in HD. I am soooo happy these games are being brought to the PS3. :) Now if we could only bring Soul Reaver to the PS3 in HD. :)

+ Dennie on June 7th, 2011 at 11:07 am said:

I need to fix my PS3 for the games that I missed so far, GT5, KZ3…not to mention Demon’s Souls 2! Well gotta finish the first one first.

+ Nameslave on June 7th, 2011 at 11:08 am said:

Been waiting for Ico since PS2. Marked date on calendar.

+ EnigmaNemesis on June 7th, 2011 at 11:21 am said:

@48

One package like GoW Collection!

+ boondox30 on June 7th, 2011 at 11:41 am said:

i played Ico before but not Shadow. I will be buying this because of Ico. Is Shadow hood?

+ boondox30 on June 7th, 2011 at 11:43 am said:

*good lol

+ DeathGazer on June 7th, 2011 at 12:07 pm said:

Hell yes! Grabbing this and GoW Origins Collection.

+ AUG209 on June 7th, 2011 at 12:12 pm said:

THIS IS A MUST GET GAME, IM GETTING IT…. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT

+ Chuckbait on June 7th, 2011 at 12:12 pm said:

Sweet…. The 3-D part makes me wanna get that new 3D all the more so.

PS Wii U, crazy stuff!

+ Chuckbait on June 7th, 2011 at 12:13 pm said:

@71 Amen brother, Soul Reaver HD would be awesome

+ Airwalkinman17 on June 7th, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

Day 1 buy. So glad we got a release date. Now i’m gonna go and pre-order that mess lol.
The best part is that its only like 3.5 months away. September is going to rock! First Resistance 3 than this. Hell Yes!!!

+ TallCrowe on June 7th, 2011 at 1:19 pm said:

Yes this is great. Sony you guys are face palming the hell out of Microsoft.

+ gor1llap1mp on June 7th, 2011 at 1:24 pm said:

Wow, just wow! I own both and not a late adopter with the Greatest Hits editions, but original full priced edition that have been thoroughly enjoyed and beaten! With that being said and now this being read, the inclusion of a new 7.1 sound mix is a feature that ALL remasters should get. This was on my radar but now its on my wishlist! Kudos, a much deserved round of applause!

+ Digital-Big-Boss on June 7th, 2011 at 1:32 pm said:

A must have collection.

+ euphoricmayhem on June 7th, 2011 at 1:34 pm said:

I’ve had this game or should I say games lol.. on reserve for 6 or 7 months now and I was very excited to here that it’s finally coming out in september last night!! I can’t wait to play these amazing games again except in HD this time yay!!!!!

+ Conrad_Max on June 7th, 2011 at 1:38 pm said:

Man I love those games. Beautiful and magnificent. Interactive artwork. Sadly I never finished Shadow of the Colossus due to my PS2 dying, followed late by my 60 gig (which I will have worked on one day). But this is a great package. And the price is sweet considering the two games we will be buying. I encourage and urge people to spread the word.

These games are something other Developers should copy. There is no need for blood and guts in every teen to “adult” game. Just a great storyline and gameplay.

+ madtyger on June 7th, 2011 at 1:48 pm said:

My life is now complete. This is the piece I have been missing all my life.

+ BlooodyCow on June 7th, 2011 at 2:02 pm said:

Getting this over every other game release in September

+ BigThaiNitty on June 7th, 2011 at 2:15 pm said:

@twentyXD, ah yes wizards and warriors so lame, ha! How about sf2 on snes, man the world warriors never looked so bad. Not to mention every Saturn game. Box art has come a long way :)

+ Alyyse on June 7th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

i gotta have this

+ Tomm4118 on June 7th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

I know what I’m getting for my birthday now XD I don’t want to toot my own horn but I’m the biggest ICO and SOC fan, and this announcement is what I’ve been waiting for all year.

+ plaztiksyke on June 7th, 2011 at 2:25 pm said:

7.1 surround is cool, but meaningless if the game’s audio assets aren’t losslessly-compressed and/or 24-bit. I fully expect the Colossus sounds to be re-authored as 24-bit so that have the appropriately epic dynamic range.

+ senso666 on June 7th, 2011 at 2:48 pm said:

SoC i love that game.

+ MakoSOLIDER on June 7th, 2011 at 3:00 pm said:

Will this be available on PS Store as well?

+ Khronikos on June 7th, 2011 at 3:25 pm said:

PLEASE GIVE US REVERSE COVERS OF THE BEAUTIFUL ARTWORK. IT LOOKS GREAT BUT WE KNOW EVERYONE ELSE IS GETTING THE FULL ARTWORK SOMEHOW WE ALSO WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

+ Xenon5032 on June 7th, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

Must get SoC HD….

+ AA1721 on June 7th, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

Dream >>> Metal Gear Solid Collection

+ pitofskulls on June 7th, 2011 at 4:00 pm said:

YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU SONY!!!! A classic game actually brought back with full 1080p support!! I knew it could be done!! why can’t the rest of our games get full 1080p support from the start????!!!! If we are to knock out M$, we need each and every game to come out with full 1080p support!! be the graphics warhorse that we know are!!!! i want every game to have full 1080p support BEFORE 3D and cross-game chat!!!!! PLLLLEEEAAASSSSEEEEE!!!!????

+ jimmyfoxhound on June 7th, 2011 at 4:07 pm said:

Oh yes OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought it was funny, this game collection got one of the biggest pops from the audience at the Sony conference. Should tell you something about the love the fans have for these games and the hiiigh hopes we have for The Last Guardian.. I hope Team Ico can pull it off.. can’t wait!!

+ Attila57 on June 7th, 2011 at 4:46 pm said:

Day 1 buy, so excited for these two beautiful games!