PS4-Watch_Dogs

Coming this September: The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3

Brian Dunn's Avatar + Posted by Brian Dunn on Jun 07, 2011 // Associate Product Marketing Manager

The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3 Box Art

I’m excited to share a great bit of news that I know many of you have been eagerly awaiting! The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection will be hitting stores starting September 27th, 2011 for $39.99 (MSRP). Featuring two of the most beloved video games of all time from famed visionary Fumito Ueda and his talented team of developers, this collection is a must-have for gamers.

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus have never looked or sounded this good. Both games have been re-mastered to support full 1080p HD resolution for a stunning, razor-sharp presentation, as well as full stereoscopic 3D support to bring the games to life in a brand new dimension. You’ll also be able to enjoy the games in up to 7.1 surround sound this time around, and unlock Trophies as you master, or re-master, these video game classics.

The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3

The development team is hard at work to meet and exceed expectations for The Last Guardian, so this collection is the perfect remedy to tide you over until the team’s latest gaming masterpiece is ready.

Look for more information about this collection coming in the months ahead.

121 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Black_MagicWoman on June 7th, 2011 at 5:04 pm said:

two beautiful and artistic games, my two favorites. muchas gracias sony!

+ Wakener on June 7th, 2011 at 6:36 pm said:

On Amazon, just after GoW Collection was announced, a thread started asking what other games people would like to see remastered. I think these were on 90% of the lists people submitted–more than that in the early days of the thread. This collection is a MUST BUY for casual and core gamers alike.

+ Street_Killaz on June 7th, 2011 at 8:10 pm said:

so im going to pass on vita and grab the 3D tv bundle!!..

+ GLprime2814 on June 7th, 2011 at 8:40 pm said:

I never got a chance to play these games, but heard great things about them, can’t wait to play them.

+ TMikeizPRO on June 7th, 2011 at 8:50 pm said:

Getting this collection for sure, I’m also waiting for the HD RE 4 + Code Veronica collection.

+ Elvick_ on June 7th, 2011 at 9:43 pm said:

I really really really really really want the Japanese Collector’s Edition. Why must you do this to me? D:

The most awesome stuff we always miss out on.

+ kiunch on June 7th, 2011 at 10:23 pm said:

Please add a collector edition, I rather buy a US collector edition for 100 bucks than paying 150 for importing the Japanese collector edition.

+ lannister- on June 7th, 2011 at 10:37 pm said:

So wish we could’ve had some news on the Last Guardian this year, but this works too! This is a definite buy for me. I appreciate the effort going to remastering the old PS2 greats. Keep it up!

+ ronjiner on June 7th, 2011 at 11:29 pm said:

This is going to be an instant buy for sure!

+ zantam on June 8th, 2011 at 3:21 am said:

Loving this! I really want to see a Jak & Daxter Collection and Ratchet & Clank Collection soon though :)

+ ChibiMrBubbles on June 8th, 2011 at 9:04 am said:

A moment of your time, will this have a reversible cover like the European version? (http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/07/ico-shadow-of-the-colossus-classics-hd-coming-28-september/)

+ tanuki-hulk2 on June 8th, 2011 at 9:31 am said:

In Japan we will have the option to buy the games together or separately or together. Separately the games will cost 4000 yen each. Together they will cost 7000 yen but the 7000 yen package will include arts books and other stuff in the for of a collectors edition.

+ shooter14-_5 on June 8th, 2011 at 1:12 pm said:

boring

+ Frege on June 8th, 2011 at 2:12 pm said:

Never played these on the PS2, quite interested to try them on the PS3 as I have heard a lot of good things about them.

+ MannyCalvo on June 8th, 2011 at 2:29 pm said:

Well deserved re-releases. Both of these games take you on an amazing journey. Anyone who hasn’t played these games seriously needs to check them out.

+ ZERO_169 on June 9th, 2011 at 4:43 pm said:

lets see, I already own ico and 2 copies of shadow of the collosus. do you really think i want to buy this thing!?!………..
OF COURSE I DO!!!! I can’t wait until this comes out. So glad to hear it will be making it out this year

+ Dirty_jim on June 9th, 2011 at 7:48 pm said:

Sweet ! A must own !

+ X–JollyRoger–X on June 10th, 2011 at 1:58 am said:

Finally an opportunity to play two titles that I regret never playing back in the day

+ Lady-Mary81 on June 10th, 2011 at 5:50 am said:

siiii!! i have waiting to hear the relese of this pack!! cant wait till september!! > w <

+ alveration on June 10th, 2011 at 8:12 pm said:

Amen, ICO is one of the best PS2 hits, cult classic since the very beginning of it’s development! THANK YOU!!!!!!

+ gowofwarkratos1 on June 13th, 2011 at 4:54 am said:

Indeed a classic, i can’t wait to add these to my collection hehe!

PAGE 1 2 3