Driveclub

inFAMOUS 2 Launches Today

Brian Fleming's Avatar + Posted by Brian Fleming on Jun 07, 2011 // Sucker Punch Productions

Well, it’s finally here… Launch day!

Two-plus years, eighty thousand individual checkins of art and code, countless hours of testing, and it all builds towards today! At long last we turn over the keys to you. It’s your game now… Whether you’re someone who plays the game on easy and wants to see how the endings differ, or a borderline crazy completionist who needs to get every last blast shard and every last XP possible. Or maybe you want to contribute your own pages to the story and create some missions for the whole community (including us at Sucker Punch!) to play and enjoy…

Whichever you are, it’s your game now. We hope you enjoy the game a bunch, and look forward to hearing from you all about your inFAMOUS 2 experience!

And it wouldn’t be a launch without posting without a quick peek at the new launch trailer, and of course the TV spot that you’ll see popping up all over the place!

Thanks again for all your support and feedback along the way, and here’s hoping you have as much fun playing inFAMOUS 2 as we did making it!

155 Comments

+ ElChingon2588 on June 7th, 2011 at 7:43 am said:

Getting the CL edition today. Cant wait to play it

+ d0r1en0 on June 7th, 2011 at 7:43 am said:

Picking mine up before i go to work. Got inFAMOUS for free, so Im going to get this one. Wont open it up though, untill i beat the 1st one.

+ evilkid98 on June 7th, 2011 at 7:47 am said:

I have to wait till 6:30pm to get mine hope its good but the ending has been spoiled for me already anyway i guess im just gonna watch the microsoft press conference at 10:00 on g4 at e3 and just laugh at how much better sony’s was

+ ATES on June 7th, 2011 at 7:52 am said:

got my hero edition

+ zachracer24 on June 7th, 2011 at 7:54 am said:

yes i cant wait to get it

+ Kinney1 on June 7th, 2011 at 7:57 am said:

Completed Hero Campaign!!!! It’s AWESOME!!! Working on my InFamous Campaign as we speak!!! BEST GAME EVER INFAMOUS2!!!

+ Viggorrah on June 7th, 2011 at 7:59 am said:

Can’t wait to go pick up my HERO EDITION and take the full game for a spin!

+ Basindo on June 7th, 2011 at 8:12 am said:

Have to finish up last week of school so I have to delay the preorder till probably this weekend but I’m coming man! Love Infamous! Different, original, so many freaking powers, infamous was awesome and the demo improved on almost everything pretty much! I think I’m gonna play once as good on Infamous 1, then play as good on Infamous 2, then play bad on Infamous 1 then bad on Infamous 2. Whole story, two sides =)

@evilkid98 Oh man, just don’t expect to much haha. I saw it yesterday morning through live stream…let’s just say unless you’re a kid who loves sesame street and disneyworld I think you’ll be disappointed hahahaha.

+ SMoKeY_RuN on June 7th, 2011 at 8:16 am said:

saw the commercial in front of x-men: first class over the weekend, got a ton of laughs.

+ KCKJerry on June 7th, 2011 at 8:16 am said:

Just waiting on this to be delivered in an hour or so after pre-ordering it a month ago. Really looking forward to playing this! Sucker Punch looks like they just took everything that was great about the first game and improved on it so much!

+ allandb94 on June 7th, 2011 at 8:20 am said:

I click on this to get hype’d about inFam2..

And for the first few minutes, I’m hype’d over seeing Kevin covering this.

+ xSMKxNemesis on June 7th, 2011 at 8:29 am said:

its only 8:30am Pacific time and game stop opens at 10am i must get my hero edition !!!!!!!

+ destroy619_ on June 7th, 2011 at 8:34 am said:

How come the reaper skin code and the other 3 new items arent in the hero edition?And i didnt get any code on my reciepe from best buy for those 4 codes either.

+ RoarykillELMO on June 7th, 2011 at 8:47 am said:

Im totally getting this one gunna pick it up today.( =
DDDDD

+ RoarykillELMO on June 7th, 2011 at 8:49 am said:

BUT!!!!! To bad my charger broke and now i can’t play my psp cause it broke but at least i got a ps3 =D

+ David–Clark on June 7th, 2011 at 8:50 am said:

I’m going 2 buy it soonest possible :) I think it’s EPIC. thanks 4 the update Brian Fleming :D

+ crazyderek45 on June 7th, 2011 at 8:52 am said:

holy [DELETED] it gonna be epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Figboy on June 7th, 2011 at 8:54 am said:

My Hero Edition is on the way from Amazon today! I can’t wait!!

+ tdh004 on June 7th, 2011 at 8:55 am said:

Saw the new KB commercial at the movies on Sunday. Showed before X-Men First Class.

Picked up my HERO EDITION about 20 minutes ago. Too bad I’m at work, and work 12 hours today. Won’t be home until after midnight!

+ KilvasKills on June 7th, 2011 at 9:01 am said:

Whats going on with the alternative amps preorder bonus? No code included with my hero edition and nothing sent via email, yet.

+ ItaChu on June 7th, 2011 at 9:22 am said:

Sony where is my Samurai Sword, Reaper Skin Voucher Code!! It wasn’t in my Hero Edition :(

+ Sniped_M9 on June 7th, 2011 at 9:26 am said:

Where do i get the infamous 2 bundle O_O

+ FRott on June 7th, 2011 at 9:27 am said:

Yeah, pre-ordered the Hero Edition from Gamestop for my son’s June 1st birthday. Pre-paid $50. Went to pick it up today after he waited impatiently, and they have “SD” on the receipt. Asked if they had any Hero Editions, and they said, “No, because none were ordered.”

Awesome Gamestop. Now we have to wait EVEN LONGER for a Hero Edition that we promised him, and SPOKE ABOUT EARLIER when we ORDERED it.

+ saintaqua on June 7th, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

Poor underwear on the outside man.
That vortex looked so amazing. I’ve purposefully held off from watching trailers so I can enjoy this game spoiler free.

+ DoTheKiller91 on June 7th, 2011 at 9:37 am said:

I got a question for those who bought the game, can you control the vortex with the sixaxis like the thunder storm from the first game?

+ robdawg1001 on June 7th, 2011 at 10:02 am said:

i just finished the first infamous thanks to the welcome back program btw thanks again sony and now i cant wait to get infamous 2 looks pretty epic!

+ NinjaNabs on June 7th, 2011 at 10:07 am said:

they could easily make a movie with this game.

+ ARES90_KM on June 7th, 2011 at 10:20 am said:

Can I get this game at Target???
is it available there??? (I need it today)

+ Homshabom99 on June 7th, 2011 at 10:26 am said:

Just got back from picking up my copy! Sucks that I have to be at work in less than an hour.

+ NotoriousGamer on June 7th, 2011 at 10:29 am said:

thanks for free infamous 1

+ invision2212 on June 7th, 2011 at 10:37 am said:

mine is already paid for just have to go pick it up, it will be so awesome it will consume me

+ Reverend_M on June 7th, 2011 at 11:00 am said:

I’m also wondering when these codes will begin working. I have the Hero Edition. I’m not risking some error on the codes by trying to put in the Hero Edition voucher code only for it to say it was incorrect because it’s not up and running yet (Had that happen in the past, it never gave it to me, yet used up the code). So I tested it on the Schick code, and the U3 early access code. Neither one worked, so I’m asking if I can have an official answer to when they’ll be up and running before I risk losing my Hero Voucher codes . . . Any help with this? I’d GREATLY appreciate it!

+ cjnieves2000 on June 7th, 2011 at 11:02 am said:

RaW AS HELL geting it right afther school preorder it a week ago geting golden AMP

+ TheMadHatter13 on June 7th, 2011 at 11:14 am said:

Playing it right now and man is it F ing awesome!!!!! its even better running around in a reaper costume wreaking havoc.

+ TheMadHatter13 on June 7th, 2011 at 11:16 am said:

@ reverend_M all my codes worked fantastic so im assuming its safe.

+ ItaChu on June 7th, 2011 at 11:19 am said:

Ok the missing content was given in the 1.01 update :) thanks Sony

+ Reverend_M on June 7th, 2011 at 11:20 am said:

@The MadHatter Okay, Well I’ll try the Hero Voucher code then. Seems everyone says it’s working for them. Did you have and try the Schick one or anything? I can understand the U3 not working yet because that’s time-sensitive.

+ JaKhris on June 7th, 2011 at 11:22 am said:

Kevin is back! *hits table* “EPIC!”
This game is, of course, awesome, KB-approved!

+ TheMadHatter13 on June 7th, 2011 at 11:22 am said:

i only got the regular edition but i had the subway codes from when that went on and used those right up and it everyone i put in worked fine i mean if u dont feel comfortable doing it dont cuz id feel bad if u lost a code on the count of me.

+ Reverend_M on June 7th, 2011 at 11:24 am said:

Thanks for the help with it all though :) I think I’ll wait a little while, see if anyone has proof of the Hero Edition codes, and enjoy playing before I attempt to input them. Thanks again!

+ TheMadHatter13 on June 7th, 2011 at 11:25 am said:

yep no problem

+ scouting on June 7th, 2011 at 11:32 am said:

I’ll be at the launch party in a couple of hours woo it looks great

+ narutosasuke14 on June 7th, 2011 at 11:34 am said:

Not happy abut this game.__.

+ Heavenly_king on June 7th, 2011 at 11:54 am said:

THIS GAME IS FREAKING SWEET!!!! IS AMAZING!!!

+ Airwalkinman17 on June 7th, 2011 at 12:15 pm said:

Just picked up my copy!!!!!
But E3 is on! don’t know what to do.
Should I go play the sequel to one of my favorite games of this generation or watch the live stream?
All I know is that today is one GLORIOUS day :D
Awesome.

Thanks for all the hard work Sucker Punch.

+ angelspawn77 on June 7th, 2011 at 12:20 pm said:

Got my copy at midnight :D played for about 2 hours and I’m enjoying it very much, they battle at the beginning is pretty sweet. One e3 related question though, why no kevin butler at e3? he made last years sony conference that much more awesome!

+ V-SNAKE-V on June 7th, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

PRE ORDERED HEO EDITION ILL BE SICK!!!!! ILL GET MINE IN ABOUT 5-10 days

+ BLAZ3DAFUNK on June 7th, 2011 at 12:24 pm said:

BOUGHT MINE FIRST THING THIS MORNING AT WALMART GONNA START PLAYING IT AFTER I SEE WUT GOIN ON IN HOME… THERE WAS NO FREE DLC WITH THE GAME LIKE THEY SAID THERE WAS GONNA BE FALSE ADVERTISING

+ xxbsbxx on June 7th, 2011 at 12:27 pm said:

So for those wondering why you can have the first one free for “appreciation” wonder no more…..its so youll go buy this one…

+ Otuwsy on June 7th, 2011 at 12:28 pm said:

i love infamous will there be any online mutiplayer on it?