PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

inFAMOUS 2 Launches Today

Brian Fleming's Avatar + Posted by Brian Fleming on Jun 07, 2011 // Sucker Punch Productions

Well, it’s finally here… Launch day!

Two-plus years, eighty thousand individual checkins of art and code, countless hours of testing, and it all builds towards today! At long last we turn over the keys to you. It’s your game now… Whether you’re someone who plays the game on easy and wants to see how the endings differ, or a borderline crazy completionist who needs to get every last blast shard and every last XP possible. Or maybe you want to contribute your own pages to the story and create some missions for the whole community (including us at Sucker Punch!) to play and enjoy…

Whichever you are, it’s your game now. We hope you enjoy the game a bunch, and look forward to hearing from you all about your inFAMOUS 2 experience!

And it wouldn’t be a launch without posting without a quick peek at the new launch trailer, and of course the TV spot that you’ll see popping up all over the place!

Thanks again for all your support and feedback along the way, and here’s hoping you have as much fun playing inFAMOUS 2 as we did making it!

155 Comments

+ Otuwsy on June 7th, 2011 at 12:28 pm said:

100 whoo whoo

+ guitar247 on June 7th, 2011 at 12:42 pm said:

definitly worth getting

+ gameplayer1214 on June 7th, 2011 at 12:50 pm said:

hey i pre ordered from gamestop and my U3 beta voucher and my lightning hook code wont work anyone know whats wrong

+ twistedfloyd on June 7th, 2011 at 12:54 pm said:

Short of money, but will definitely be there when I have some! Loved the first, and this one from the demo and the beta has been awesome!

+ gumi42 on June 7th, 2011 at 12:58 pm said:

UPS just dropped off my copy to me at work, this afternoon is gonna go really slow. I can’t wait to get home and try it out.
Replayed some inFamous last night to get ready for today. hadn’t played it in a while and it is still a really good game.
Thank You Sucker Punch!!!!!!

+ marlyt on June 7th, 2011 at 1:01 pm said:

I picked up the Hero Edition today and just played for about an hour. You all are to be commended on an amazing job. This game is polished, thoughtful, and amazing. It has been worth the wait, and I still have a loooong way to go. Can’t wait to see what comes next in the story. Amazing story telling and the intro with the Beast…WOW!!! Thank you.

+ marlyt on June 7th, 2011 at 1:08 pm said:

For anybody who’s wondering, the REAPER SKIN is NOT on any code. It’s in the game itself. The Initial update at game startup is 101MB so it may be in that. But there IS NO CODE for the REAPER SKIN. And yes it looks wicked.

+ spiderboy59 on June 7th, 2011 at 1:12 pm said:

THANK YOU SONY AND SUCKER PUNCH FOR MAKING THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!

+ spiderboy59 on June 7th, 2011 at 1:13 pm said:

Will we see the beast in this game or are you guys going to make a sequel

+ TallCrowe on June 7th, 2011 at 1:18 pm said:

Can Kevin Butler get his own game? Lets make this happen.

+ Ethereal on June 7th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

picking a copy up tomorrow. =) Good work guys!

+ BLACK-DOOM on June 7th, 2011 at 2:36 pm said:

My heart had stopped but it had restarted again with the greatness of Infamous 2. Sucker Punch deserves a lot and hope to have the greatest time playing your game. Also I really like all the stuff for the Hero edition that came in.

Oh don’t forget to do something special for Playstation Home, cause we need the love as well.

Closing, I also commend the return of KB, forever may he live!

+ gameman258 on June 7th, 2011 at 2:40 pm said:

If this game doesnt have online im not buying it unless its $30, or free.

+ DaNTi3L on June 7th, 2011 at 3:02 pm said:

yup and just got my copy i will be playing it maybe tonight or tomorrow for sure…keep this awesome exclusives rollin sony

+ ffaddict82 on June 7th, 2011 at 3:02 pm said:

its the ugc no multiplayer

+ aznxstrafe on June 7th, 2011 at 3:05 pm said:

YES, just re-finished inFAMOUS good and now i cant wait to get infamous 2

+ RicAn6483 on June 7th, 2011 at 3:06 pm said:

Picked my copy up this morning. Can’t wait to start playing it.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on June 7th, 2011 at 3:09 pm said:

I pre-ordered this a year ago, I live in Canada and hope to get the dlc for the sly cane, caveman club, samurai sword, and reaper skin. My copy hasn’t shipped from Best Buy Canada yet! Anyone know if Canada gets this DLC?

+ marlyt on June 7th, 2011 at 3:34 pm said:

gameman258 on June 7th, 2011 at 2:40 pm said:

If this game doesnt have online im not buying it unless its $30, or free.

You are not a very bright individual. Go play Black Ops you nitwit.

+ Shibertron on June 7th, 2011 at 3:42 pm said:

WOW! Looks like a stroy line sooooo good, it could be a movie

+ Daimomaru on June 7th, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

For those asking about the rest of the DLC, I got my hero edition and I was asking myself the same thing. After redeeming my codes I went to change Cole skin and everything was there, the reaper skin, Sly Cane, everything, I think they updated the codes somehow.

+ CAB69__ on June 7th, 2011 at 5:20 pm said:

picked mine up an hour ago, imma about to play it until tommorow :) I got the hero edition haha

+ ToDDLeS_1982 on June 7th, 2011 at 6:09 pm said:

For those wondering about the U3 beta, I am pretty sure that the code will work when they actually open the U3 beta… so just wait for the announcement or email or something….

+ Cpt_Crunch1991 on June 7th, 2011 at 6:24 pm said:

Just picked up infamous 2 great game guys keep it up!

+ LordRaoh on June 7th, 2011 at 6:35 pm said:

Great to see Kevin Butler again, he was sorely missed and badly needed at this years E3.

+ Call_Me_Scooby on June 7th, 2011 at 6:47 pm said:

Part One was awsome i hope this one is better ^.^

+ the_jimster on June 7th, 2011 at 7:18 pm said:

PLZ HELP!!!! i pre ordered inFAMOUS 2 from BestBuy and usually the DLC codes are on the reciept or in the case on a voucher card. why do i not got a code on the reciept or in the case? also i did this update tht said “Additional Content” is tht my Kessler skin? if so then why isnt it in the game? plz plz help :(

+ gameplayer1214 on June 7th, 2011 at 9:56 pm said:

I know its the first day it came out (i love the game) but you guys need to make a serious update every time i go on this one mission i fall through the ground and die. And i dont know how to change costumes or anything. Please make an update SuckerPunch

+ gameplayer1214 on June 7th, 2011 at 9:59 pm said:

How do you change skins?

+ BrianC6234 on June 7th, 2011 at 11:49 pm said:

Great commercial for a great game. I’d say inFAMOUS 2 is my favorite game so far this year. It will be hard to beat this. Only Uncharted 3 will have a chance.

+ SuperTiso on June 8th, 2011 at 1:09 am said:

Did anyone else get the Hero Edition? Wasn’t the contents added to for the DLC? I don’t remember them adding original Cole costume in it? Where’s my Sly Cane, Samurai Sword, Caveman Club?

+ clos99 on June 8th, 2011 at 1:58 am said:

my beta code for uncharted 3 doesnt work?
sad face.
i was really looking forward to that.

+ ToDDLeS_1982 on June 8th, 2011 at 5:58 am said:

FOR THOSE OF YOU LOOKING FOR ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT INFAMOUS 2 DLC CONTENT…. read the other posts that have already covered the topic throughly instead of posting the same question repeatedly, this is why no one bothers to respond to you…. same goes for U3 Beta code

+ ToDDLeS_1982 on June 8th, 2011 at 5:59 am said:

9 a.m. and I am already misspelling words… thoroughly, not throughly

+ TRANSFORMERS31 on June 8th, 2011 at 8:42 am said:

i can;t wait to buy it I have played infamous 1 and I liked it I am soo excited to get this game!

+ hotster on June 8th, 2011 at 10:37 am said:

is there a how-to manual to create missions? i check the infamous page and could’t find 1

+ bnfdhfdhfd on June 8th, 2011 at 2:58 pm said:

Looks like my first few UGC missions will be copies of the missions that didn’t carry over from the beta :/
But the game is GREAT so far! Love it!

+ DrHorrible123 on June 8th, 2011 at 3:05 pm said:

I would do ANYTHING to get that Amp on Butler’s desk >:D

+ destroy619_ on June 8th, 2011 at 3:22 pm said:

I redeemed my code on the super voucher,But i got everything else except the reaper skin,sly cane,katana sword,and the club.Can someone help me please?

+ thehulkiscool1 on June 8th, 2011 at 4:46 pm said:

im goin get it tomorow :-C

+ ICU_PeaceMAKER on June 8th, 2011 at 6:43 pm said:

I pick my copy on the day it came out and it’s SICK

+ faacto99 on June 8th, 2011 at 8:17 pm said:

Hey i got the game yesterday and i started playing at 12:00 and finished the game at 12:30 is that some sort of record for beating the game?

+ faacto99 on June 8th, 2011 at 8:18 pm said:

12:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. that’s the time to be specific.

+ Toastcat33 on June 9th, 2011 at 7:55 am said:

Might buy it today :3

+ TooL-666-Schism on June 9th, 2011 at 8:57 am said:

picked this up on the release date and have yet to play it I am GOING FREAKING INSANE!!!!!

Of course family comes in town the day inFamous 2 comes out so I get no playing time of course!!!! AHHHHHHH
You all need to play it for me okay?

+ PhantomKingX on June 9th, 2011 at 1:42 pm said:

I have had this game for three days now and can’t stop playing it. everything about it is good the story the character arcthe animations. the best part is how much struff u can completely destroy. Rejoice my brothers for the time is here

+ MEGABEAST-_ on June 9th, 2011 at 2:31 pm said:

looks cool just got the new theme for it pretty cool

+ bravojr341 on June 9th, 2011 at 4:21 pm said:

hey Sony your welcome back gift gave 2 free games. i got infamous. And i tried to download it. it said error has occurred, so i re downloaded it, but it didn’t work so what could cause it to not work? Please reply back.

+ ianmario809 on June 9th, 2011 at 9:07 pm said:

Are They Going to have Infamouse 3 I hope soo I beat the Infamouse 2 allready Best game ever better then the first 1 and the

+ Elvick_ on June 10th, 2011 at 5:55 pm said:

I didn’t get Sly’s Cane. I preordered the game and got the Hero Edition. I did so all because I wanted that cane.