PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

E3 2011: 11 Trailers You May Have Missed

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Jun 13, 2011 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Like UNCHARTED

E3’s hyperkinetic pace will test the endurance of even the most dedicated PlayStation fan — new game trailers are bound to slip unnoticed through the chaos. To make things easy, we’ve compiled 10 11 of the biggest and brightest trailers E3 2011 had to offer. Which one is your favorite?

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Sly Cooper’s first PS3 outing isn’t due until 2012, but you can get a head start with this richly illustrated debut trailer. Check back later this week for our E3 demo from our E3 livestreaming session — it’ll be your first peek at gameplay.

Starhawk

This dizzying cinematic trailer shows off Starhawk’s sweeping set pieces and its new Build and Battle action with panache. This is one to watch.

DUST 514

CCP Games’ upcoming PSN exclusive is a first, marrying a punishing PS3 first-person shooter with the expansive player base of PC-based MMO EVE Online. DUST 514 will also support PlayStation Move and include a PS Vita component.

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception

This slick piece of work would look at home on the silver screen. It’s got everything you could ask for: betrayal, infighting, and epic setpieces set to pounding music. My body is ready for 11.1.11.

Papo & Yo

You wouldn’t guess it from its cheery visuals, but this quirky PSN title was inspired by the designer’s stormy relationship with his father, a substance abuser with two deeply divided personalities.

Resistance 3

This E3 trailer sets a grim tone for Nathan Capelli’s grueling journey to New York City in a last-ditch bid to stop the Chimera in their tracks. If you watched the PlayStation E3 2011 showcase live, you saw Creative Director Marcus Smith guide an gameplay demo rendered in eye-popping 3D.

God of War Origins Collection

I know I’m not alone wanting to play PSP classics God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta on the big screen, and soon will be able to — in 3D! These puppies cleaned up real nice for the PS3.

Twisted Metal: Revenge

I’ve never dared to dream that we’d see mechs in Twisted Metal, but David Jaffe, Scott Campbell and the boys have never been short on imagination. Side note: I love the actor who plays Calypso.

Medieval Moves: Deadmund’s Quest

This new trailer highlights the accuracy of the PlayStation Move motion controller: You swing it to slash your sword, flick it to fling throwing stars, and draw back to fire arrows. The trailer for Deadmund’s Quest highlights some of the different tools and magical abilities you’ll encounter.

Hitman Absolution

This slick reveal trailer shows Agent 47 back in the saddle and fighting dirtier than ever. There’s not a hint of gameplay footage to be found, but the grim mood is deliciously tactile.

inFAMOUS 2 launch trailer

The sequel to Sucker Punch’s sprawling open-world superhero adventure is available now, and this visceral launch trailer hits that point home by showcasing Cole’s devastating new electrical and elemental powers.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Jeigh on June 13th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

A lot of those were IN the E3 presentation.

+ sham-wow420 on June 13th, 2011 at 2:26 pm said:

i know it’s not on here, but i can’t wait for Assassin’s Creed: Revelations. SO PUMPED!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on June 13th, 2011 at 4:33 pm said:

It does indeed look great. I’ll try to track down a US trailer!

+ Suicide_Surfer on June 13th, 2011 at 2:26 pm said:

+ marlyt on June 13th, 2011 at 2:27 pm said:

Forgive me please for being off topic…nice post by the way, but why is there no posts about this week’s releases? Nothing at all? I realize they’re not first party titles, but what happened to Rey’s “The Drop?” Ever since “The Outage o’ 2011″ we’ve gotten very little to no news on any of the games forthcoming.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on June 13th, 2011 at 4:33 pm said:

We’ll be back this weekend!

+ Alyyse on June 13th, 2011 at 2:28 pm said:

god of war origins. cant wait to play it in 3d

+ LilPres_ on June 13th, 2011 at 2:28 pm said:

a comment from lilpres

+ marlyt on June 13th, 2011 at 2:29 pm said:

And surfer, you’re not “FIRST!!!” you gimp. What are you 4 years old?

+ KazeEternal on June 13th, 2011 at 2:29 pm said:

Sid, you guys promised us games were being played at E3 that no body ever heard of yet. So far I’m only counting 1 title here I didn’t hear about before E3. Please tell me there was some sort of closed door stuff going on that we’ll hear about in the coming months. I love the games that are coming and 2011 has been a completely loaded year for excellent games. We’ve been seeing a year on year improvement on PlayStation. However I don’t want to find us running out of steam in 2012. It seems aside from the Last Guardian and Starhawk, sony has no big guns for next year.

+ TomHoang on June 13th, 2011 at 2:32 pm said:

I’m a huge fan of PlayStation Move, so naturally I am really excited for Medieval Moves. Also, what happened to Sorcery???

+ Trevelyan on June 13th, 2011 at 2:32 pm said:

How come you guys haven’t said anything about Sly 4? Are you going to blow it out at a later time? (hopefully this week :) ) I really want hear more about it since I love the series. And anyway, it’s another great title from the Playstation family!

+ gus_xl on June 13th, 2011 at 2:33 pm said:

Dust 514 looks really good.

+ Craazy on June 13th, 2011 at 2:39 pm said:

Ahhh that Vita was so much fun…..

That said Twisted Metal, Starhawk and Uncharted 3 were my games of the show!!! So if you have not seen the trailers watch them and be absolutely certain that they play AMAZINGLY well.

+ DJKim0701 on June 13th, 2011 at 2:41 pm said:

@2 FAIL!

+ kivi95 on June 13th, 2011 at 2:43 pm said:

7# You are forgetting Dust 514 and the new sly game, Then their is still Tokyo game show and Gamescom left this year :).

+ percast2 on June 13th, 2011 at 2:47 pm said:

So many games, not that much money.=s
I definently need a weekend job to buy ‘em all ;)

Great post Sony!

+ DaveedT13 on June 13th, 2011 at 2:50 pm said:

I hope these E3 trailers will be available on the PS3 soon (at the PSNstore), can’t wait to see the 2 Uncharted 3 videos of E3 in higher resolution on my tv… : )

+ Massive_13 on June 13th, 2011 at 2:53 pm said:

Assassin’s Creed: Revelations has the best trailer to me… and music…

+ NekoNiv on June 13th, 2011 at 2:57 pm said:

look this is all great and all, but……. why did SCEA say NO to a spacial edition of R3 in North America? and why is NA behind 2 months EU on the release of WKC2 & No More Heroes? When is the Playstation 3 going to be one system instead of 3 systems(EU, JP & NA)?

+ Link01 on June 13th, 2011 at 2:59 pm said:

I still want a 3D trailer for R3 up on PSN :(

+ Hradekal on June 13th, 2011 at 2:59 pm said:

You guys forgot to announce Legend of Dragoon 2.

And I’m still angry about Dark Souls going to the box.

+ KazeEternal on June 13th, 2011 at 3:01 pm said:

@13
I’m not really forgetting anything. I included Dust 514 as the 1 title no one heard about. Sly 4 was pretty much a known within a week of Sly Collections release. It was plastered everywhere. So it isn’t exactly new news. I would like to hear of new Original IPs and new Sequels. Not stuff that was intentionally let loose to the public before E3. Don’t get me wrong I like their showing at E3, but we need to know that the kind of support we’re getting with games like Infamous 2, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, Killzone 3, Journey, The Last Guardian, and so much more will continue beyond the release of the majority of those titles. We need to see some new stuff that covers the breadth of many other existing genres too. Where the big Japanese and Western RPG’s? Where is my Racing, Adventure, Action, Platforming titles? I like shooters yes, but it seems to be all I’m playing these days.

Dust 514 is interesting and all, but it ties into an MMO I don’t care about. What’s worse is that its another FPS. I have nothing against them, 50% of my purchases (which is uncharacteristic of me) are going to be FPS. However I don’t really need to see another one.

+ Lord_Ka1n on June 13th, 2011 at 3:06 pm said:

only one i care about there is twisted metal

+ materclobber on June 13th, 2011 at 3:06 pm said:

Thank you sid for the trailers!!!! glad i didn’t miss the e3 conference!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on June 13th, 2011 at 6:26 pm said:

You’re welcome! There will be more to come…

+ victem2 on June 13th, 2011 at 3:12 pm said:

is it just me or does nathan drake kinda look like gerard bulter. But dust 514 looks pretty kool

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on June 13th, 2011 at 6:25 pm said:

Maybe a marketing tie-in with 30 Odd Foot of Grunts is in order? ;)

+ Berae on June 13th, 2011 at 3:21 pm said:

loll These are almost all trailers from big titles.. Thats not the trailers we might have missed if we looked at E3.. I thought you would have gave us some more “underground” titles…

+ CaptainPakan on June 13th, 2011 at 3:21 pm said:

@2 EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ thundercat17 on June 13th, 2011 at 3:24 pm said:

boo, no ico and shadow of the colossus collection

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on June 13th, 2011 at 4:37 pm said:

No trailer! Super stoked about the Collection, though.

+ Airwalkinman17 on June 13th, 2011 at 3:24 pm said:

So much AWESOMESAUCE!!!

+ Emadeowa on June 13th, 2011 at 3:25 pm said:

I, myself woulda liked to see more RPG’s from 1st party devs..Something I can CREATE my own toon, choose MY race , choose MY class then start out on my OPEN World adventure…Something

+ Emadeowa on June 13th, 2011 at 3:27 pm said:

oops hit enter… Something like EQ/EQ2 but single or up to 4 players

+ Craazy on June 13th, 2011 at 3:29 pm said:

First!

+ Libra015 on June 13th, 2011 at 3:32 pm said:

SONY WINS AGAIN, BABY!

+ zekececil14 on June 13th, 2011 at 3:39 pm said:

I would like to see more on LittleBigPlanet Vita. Who’s with me?

+ D-Squad3 on June 13th, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

I’ve seen all of these. :) I want unannounced games!

+ Saduhem on June 13th, 2011 at 3:44 pm said:

I wanted GOW4… :( Still can’t get over not seeing Kevin Butler during the press conference

+ igorrocks2 on June 13th, 2011 at 3:46 pm said:

I can’t wait for Tream Ico.. give them a buzz we like ‘em :)

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on June 13th, 2011 at 6:23 pm said:

We like ‘em too! ^_^

+ FORMIK on June 13th, 2011 at 3:51 pm said:

Trailers I might have missed should be those that didn’t get extensive coverage. It’s not likely I missed Uncharted 3 or Resistance 3. Even though Journey’s probably the PSN game that was talked about the most, I don’t see it here. How about a Little Deviants trailer? I’ve heard people talk about it, but haven’t seen much about it.

Also, what happened to ModNation Mondays?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on June 13th, 2011 at 4:39 pm said:

We wanted to make sure you had a chance to see all of the new E3 trailers we released during E3. A mountain of them rolled out just following the press conference, so it’s nice to have all (or most) in one place for easy browsing.

ModNation will be returning soon! Things have just been a little nutty with E3 in full force. We’ll be settling back into the old routine very shortly :)

+ Deak1124 on June 13th, 2011 at 3:57 pm said:

Would have liked Medieval if it was a Sir Dan game, but if I had to pick one, it would be Uncharted 3.

+ igorrocks2 on June 13th, 2011 at 3:59 pm said:

Sony bring Hitman Collection.. You could land 1 or 2 Blu-ray aren’t you to good developers like Square Enix May be arrange even deal to make it exclusive for PS3.. Oh can’t wait to get my PS VITA in mail already 2 of them… Nah PlayStation ROCKS this year my investments pays 16 years of constant support will continue so if there PS5 on the horizon.. Gosh this brand may live forever

+ poweredbyzen on June 13th, 2011 at 4:00 pm said:

haven’t heard of news about the hackers
under custody and possibly spending time
in jail for just three years?!

that little dude looked like maximo and
the army of zin!

+ fredromero on June 13th, 2011 at 4:01 pm said:

uncharted 3 looks so awesome , but i havent played uncharted 1 and 2 cause i cant find them inmy country! man

+ igorrocks2 on June 13th, 2011 at 4:02 pm said:

@40: eBay?

+ zekececil14 on June 13th, 2011 at 4:09 pm said:

What is wrong with the “Ideas In Action” page in blog.share?
It says there there is only 1 idea in action. Then when you click on it, it says “Not Found”.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on June 13th, 2011 at 6:23 pm said:

Thanks, looking into that.

+ RyanMcBainDOTcom on June 13th, 2011 at 4:10 pm said:

I seemed to have missed the trailer for CROSS GAME VOICE CHAT for the PS3. WHERE IS IT SONY?!?!!?!?!

+ marlyt on June 13th, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

fredromero—send me a check dude. I’ll send them to you.

+ marlyt on June 13th, 2011 at 4:17 pm said:

@ fredromero again…where doi you live that you can’t get Uncharted. Is there no mail? I’m not being sarcastic, I really do want to know. I WAS kidding about the check.

+ Deathspear666 on June 13th, 2011 at 4:23 pm said:

Nice trailers but where is the rest of the store updates??

+ Libra015 on June 13th, 2011 at 4:35 pm said:

Store updates tomorrow? ^_^

+ CCSchott on June 13th, 2011 at 4:43 pm said:

Who is Nathan Capelli?

+ Spinout209 on June 13th, 2011 at 4:48 pm said:

You forgot Uncharted3, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, Street Fighter x Tekken (Featuring Cole from InFAMOUS), and the NGP titles

PAGE 1 2 3