Driveclub

E3 2011: 11 Trailers You May Have Missed

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Jun 13, 2011 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Like UNCHARTED

E3’s hyperkinetic pace will test the endurance of even the most dedicated PlayStation fan — new game trailers are bound to slip unnoticed through the chaos. To make things easy, we’ve compiled 10 11 of the biggest and brightest trailers E3 2011 had to offer. Which one is your favorite?

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Sly Cooper’s first PS3 outing isn’t due until 2012, but you can get a head start with this richly illustrated debut trailer. Check back later this week for our E3 demo from our E3 livestreaming session — it’ll be your first peek at gameplay.

Starhawk

This dizzying cinematic trailer shows off Starhawk’s sweeping set pieces and its new Build and Battle action with panache. This is one to watch.

DUST 514

CCP Games’ upcoming PSN exclusive is a first, marrying a punishing PS3 first-person shooter with the expansive player base of PC-based MMO EVE Online. DUST 514 will also support PlayStation Move and include a PS Vita component.

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception

This slick piece of work would look at home on the silver screen. It’s got everything you could ask for: betrayal, infighting, and epic setpieces set to pounding music. My body is ready for 11.1.11.

Papo & Yo

You wouldn’t guess it from its cheery visuals, but this quirky PSN title was inspired by the designer’s stormy relationship with his father, a substance abuser with two deeply divided personalities.

Resistance 3

This E3 trailer sets a grim tone for Nathan Capelli’s grueling journey to New York City in a last-ditch bid to stop the Chimera in their tracks. If you watched the PlayStation E3 2011 showcase live, you saw Creative Director Marcus Smith guide an gameplay demo rendered in eye-popping 3D.

God of War Origins Collection

I know I’m not alone wanting to play PSP classics God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta on the big screen, and soon will be able to — in 3D! These puppies cleaned up real nice for the PS3.

Twisted Metal: Revenge

I’ve never dared to dream that we’d see mechs in Twisted Metal, but David Jaffe, Scott Campbell and the boys have never been short on imagination. Side note: I love the actor who plays Calypso.

Medieval Moves: Deadmund’s Quest

This new trailer highlights the accuracy of the PlayStation Move motion controller: You swing it to slash your sword, flick it to fling throwing stars, and draw back to fire arrows. The trailer for Deadmund’s Quest highlights some of the different tools and magical abilities you’ll encounter.

Hitman Absolution

This slick reveal trailer shows Agent 47 back in the saddle and fighting dirtier than ever. There’s not a hint of gameplay footage to be found, but the grim mood is deliciously tactile.

inFAMOUS 2 launch trailer

The sequel to Sucker Punch’s sprawling open-world superhero adventure is available now, and this visceral launch trailer hits that point home by showcasing Cole’s devastating new electrical and elemental powers.

+ CrAZyRaD on June 13th, 2011 at 4:54 pm said:

Dust 514 looks interesting, can’t wait to see more on it!

+ silentodyssey on June 13th, 2011 at 4:57 pm said:

Nice, excellent games!

+ megamixer on June 13th, 2011 at 5:02 pm said:

Any word on when the PSN password reset website will be up and running again? People are missing out on their chance for Welcome Back rewards simply because they didn’t have any registered content on their console at the time. Sorry for the off-topic but this is something that I felt needs to be addressed. It seems really underhanded having such a crucial website “under maintenance” for weeks after PSNs return.

+ Kchow23 on June 13th, 2011 at 5:03 pm said:

Would love to see more coverage on Gravity/Gravity Daze and those various other Vita games that aren’t as big as Uncharted. Also any update on the identity theft service for Canada?

+ GOT3N_COD on June 13th, 2011 at 5:27 pm said:

i would like if they showed the bleach trailer since its gonna be a ps3 exclusive
i also just go a psp and never actually ever played with one but i would like to know if the psp has avatars
in the ps store like ps3 so if u could write bck and if u wanna add me then u could

+ Emadeowa on June 13th, 2011 at 5:29 pm said:

Dust 514 does look interesting but yet another FPSMMO , I also would of liked to hear something on FFXIV or EQ Next…There is still GDC and TGS so here’s hoping(sp)…

+ DarkHalf7 on June 13th, 2011 at 5:33 pm said:

Starhawk and twisted metal take the top spots for these ten
Games.

+ phoenix-force411 on June 13th, 2011 at 5:36 pm said:

How is there no news about Beyond Good & Evil? A trailer was already released last month before the attack, but I just want to know when it is coming out.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on June 13th, 2011 at 6:29 pm said:

No word. Haven’t heard an update on that game for a while.

+ EatDeath on June 13th, 2011 at 5:43 pm said:

Dust 514 seems cool

+ TRINIKING on June 13th, 2011 at 6:05 pm said:

What have i become by the godsss lol

+ flyers008 on June 13th, 2011 at 6:34 pm said:

Sony if you could respond to me, can you tell me why you guys havent added the ability to change our PSN IDs? You would make a lot of money from it. I would pay $15-$30.

+ zekececil14 on June 13th, 2011 at 6:45 pm said:

Please ask the guys working on MW3 to put in Custom Soundtracks. Before you tell me to go to blog.share, I already did. I hope it gets through, but my last idk 5-10 ideas haven’t.

+ WarHawk_ on June 13th, 2011 at 6:47 pm said:

SONY press conference was great, a little bit of advice though :

- Do not show trailers or waste conference time on games that are releasing the next day (inFAMOUS 2)
Infamous 2 is a great game and an exclusive one at that, but imo it did not belong at the conference.
- Have a few more surprises, everything from the games to be revealed and shown, to the price of the Vita was not
a surprise to me. (I know this one is difficult but I know you guys can pull another Portal 2 [DELETED] moment)
- Starhawk did not make an appearance at this conference, which should have. Games with this amount of hype
should have at least been in the conference. (Switch inFAMOUS 2 with Starhawk ?)

Aside from that I can’t think of much else, you guys handled the PSN outage well at the conference and I love that you guys finally had a live feed of the E3 press conference, it had almost no latency issues and I enjoyed watching E3 directly from the blog. (The other conferences I watched on Gametrailers).
Btw I’m just stating my opinion, in no way am I trolling or trying to be an [DELETED], just trying to give some feedback.

+ Wolvenfoxx on June 13th, 2011 at 6:47 pm said:

Sony……… I have seen these trailers WAY TOO MUCH…. and a lot of these games suck (my opinion) where was your silent hill downpour trailer? Resident evil operation raccoon city. Dead island? I get more information on ps3 games from other websites…… that is sad.

So when ill you post those trailers?

+ Wolvenfoxx on June 13th, 2011 at 6:52 pm said:

Sorry. Twisted metal and hitman are good. I’ve been waiting for those games. The rest of them are either games ill wait to play a demo before I get excited about. Or they are milking the franchise. God of war… way over rated. 3 was excellent. 1 and 2 not so much.

+ WeatherMan on June 13th, 2011 at 6:58 pm said:

Why did I not see anything about the game Sorcery for the Playstation move the one thing I wanted to see at E3 was not their. Are the developers just giving up since its been months of no word or on this blog about the game with no official release date?

+ Thane_of_Fife on June 13th, 2011 at 7:01 pm said:

umm no sly 4? thts like my most anticipated game right now.

+ kopaka304 on June 13th, 2011 at 7:27 pm said:

I’m so bummed out nobody is excited for battlefield 3 it looks like its gonna be awesome! I wanna see a full length trailer for that when the finally get a trailer.

+ ripret1 on June 13th, 2011 at 7:38 pm said:

I want to know about the playstation plus… Will you make some offer like the begining of playstation plus… buy 3 months get 1 free , buy a year get 3 months free?

+ Beerkeg0 on June 13th, 2011 at 7:50 pm said:

God of War collection! I don’t think my heart can take it 0.0!!!!!

+ MadMeat001 on June 13th, 2011 at 8:16 pm said:

So far I’d say my favorites are Starhawk and the Twisted Metal one! some others had too much talking, and Hitman Absolution’s trailer was enjoyable even if I don’t really get it

+ powermine on June 13th, 2011 at 8:25 pm said:

If you are thinking of buying infamous 2 don’t think it a lot in my opinion an awesome game, very complete, I’ve been playing it for three days and almost finished it thats how awesome it is buy it now you will not get disappointed.

+ Lamace on June 13th, 2011 at 8:58 pm said:

For Medieval Moves: Deadmund’s Quest, can we use the navigation controller to move Deadmund around freely, or are we limited to an on rails experience? If not, is there a chance that you could possibly add it as a feature if we want it, you know simply so that we can position ourselves for the ideal location on the battlefield for those that want more control in the game.

+ Monetep on June 13th, 2011 at 9:05 pm said:

I can’t wait for Ruin, it looked amazing, there is no trailer for it right?

+ evilmatt10 on June 13th, 2011 at 9:18 pm said:

Anything on BF3??? But thanks for the trailers Sid. :)

+ BROKENGuN12 on June 13th, 2011 at 9:24 pm said:

man u guys gave add ons kill zone3 mag and socom 4 why not black ops thats a real bummer i was really looking forward for escalation

+ Jeeves_Tremor on June 13th, 2011 at 9:28 pm said:

Does Medieval Moves share any lineage with the PS1 title?

+ Logan22 on June 13th, 2011 at 9:39 pm said:

Sid can you get the team to put all the interviews from the days of E3 streaming together? There’s a lot of good stuff there I’m sure I missed out on.

+ DarkOne_PR on June 13th, 2011 at 9:42 pm said:

no word of anything Final Fantasy sony!!! sigh…. what happened to e3 man! no surprises of ANY kind! at least last year u got Twisted metal but this year was horribly bad! (apart of the awesome tvbundle and the even more sweet of the price of vita!!! (which is a lame name))
anyways, what happened to FFvs13?? this game is in development for i dont know how much time and i havent seen it in any of sonys E3? c,mon guy support ur third party exclusives!!!! no surprises like FF7 remake who would instantly make ps3 the most badass console of this gen and the next and the next…. at least how about syphon filter 4 who was rumored? i dont know!!! something!! sigh….ive loved the ps3 since that day when sony showed that DAMN tech demo of FF7 hoping it was in the making….. i still love my ps3, and i sell it in my store as the most have console of the 3….yet, i got nothing in exchange…..not the ONE game ive been waiting since 2006….. 5 years almost 6… and not a word??? T___T

end of rant….

+ boondox30 on June 13th, 2011 at 10:07 pm said:

Ever since we saw the Uncharted 3 coverage we have been in a Uncharted kick. Recently re-bought Uncharted Drake’s Fortune and Uncharted 2 Among Thieves. Pre-ordered Uncharted 3 now. How about some coverage on Skyrim? Another great game.

+ BlackIceJoe on June 13th, 2011 at 10:24 pm said:

Is there any chance of more info on Gravity Daze. That game sounds really neat. So I hope there will be interviews about that game on this blog.

+ d_mon87 on June 13th, 2011 at 10:26 pm said:

Interesting.

+ JROD0823 on June 13th, 2011 at 10:42 pm said:

@17, I agree. I’m still hot under the collar that I wasn’t able to buy the Signature Edition of Gran Turismo 5 while quite a few regions got it.

+ SmilingTurtle on June 13th, 2011 at 10:54 pm said:

I find it neat that you guys actually read some of the posts and reply to some of them. ^_^

I noticed that too when psn was down. Questions people still had were sometimes answered by you guys~ That’s really cool ^_^

+ Ethereal on June 13th, 2011 at 11:09 pm said:

Can I saw all? Sony is on fire for the rest of the year! Just hope that PSV releases this holiday….need one.

+ Fatique on June 14th, 2011 at 12:04 am said:

I’m still kind of PO’d that I haven’t got Infamous 2, maybe this weekend… Just maybe…

+ kivi95 on June 14th, 2011 at 1:25 am said:

Hey do you next time sony will share some more news about PSV? More about the network, battery life and release date.Or do we have to wait till Tokyo game show?

+ GeneJacket on June 14th, 2011 at 1:34 am said:

These all look fantastic. Bravo, guys, bravo.

Also, if anyone’s curious, I put together a pretty comprehensive, alphabetical, embedded list of every E3 trailer I could find over on my site:

+ akab211 on June 14th, 2011 at 2:17 am said:

Uncharted 3 Behind the scenes 2 plz!!!!!!!!!

+ DoTheKiller91 on June 14th, 2011 at 3:13 am said:

I think theres a little error in the description of Resistance 3′s E3 trailer, it’s Joseph Capelli not Nathan Capelli hehehe.

+ magooser on June 14th, 2011 at 3:54 am said:

Someone asked about Beyond Good and Evil:

“+ Sid Shuman on June 13th, 2011 at 6:29 pm said:

No word. Haven’t heard an update on that game for a while.”

No word? This game came out on the Xbox live in March or April.

This game came out on the PSN in Europe.

This game was supposed to come out in the US on the 7th.

No word from who? At this rate just cancel the darn game. We’ve all wanted to play it but for some reason all we get is lack of information. What’s going on?

+ nocrodracul on June 14th, 2011 at 5:00 am said:

I was wondering if Sorcery is still in development for the move .^__^

+ jazzyrider on June 14th, 2011 at 5:30 am said:

Some really good trailers. Uncharted looks like another award winning adventure movie! Then there is God of War which looks like it will be a winner. Finished those games many times on the PSP and waiting to see how it looks on the big screen in HD!

+ Seiven on June 14th, 2011 at 6:34 am said:

Still not sold on the new Cole…I LOVED Infamous but I grew attached to the original character, I hope the new one is not a chump that leads me to dislike the sequel. Even if they offer a DLC original skin I don’t think the new voice even sounds like him.

+ Zinacef on June 14th, 2011 at 7:58 am said:

I was blown away by the realism in the ‘Hitman’ trailer. I couldn’t tell if it was a movie trailer I was watching or a game trailer. Fantastic!

+ sid1321 on June 14th, 2011 at 8:41 am said:

What about Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City?

+ arcticjim on June 14th, 2011 at 9:18 am said:

When will we get the mobile site back? It’s hard to read on iPhone!

+ colstripcapn on June 14th, 2011 at 9:31 am said:

I’m sad Sorcery wasn’t mentioned at all during E3.

Any news on that? Was it canceled?

I bought Move for that game, thought it would be out by March =/

+ LilPerez24 on June 14th, 2011 at 2:34 pm said:

everything looks pretty good i wanna get saints row the 3rd though

+ LilPerez24 on June 14th, 2011 at 2:38 pm said:

sly looks really cool though imma buy both of um