God of War

Jun 15

Jun 15

Music Unlimited Expanding to Android Today, New Opportunity for PS3 Owners

Patrick Seybold's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

Music fans are in for a treat; starting today for a limited time, eligible PlayStation 3 owners* can try out a free 180-day Basic subscription of Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity.

Xperia arc Music Unlimited

The timing couldn’t be better – the service’s Android App also launched today, so users can enjoy music on the go with their compatible Android mobile device or on a number of other Internet-connected Sony devices including 2010 and 2011 models of network-enabled BRAVIA HDTVs, Blu-ray Disc players and Blu-ray Disc Home Theater systems as well as the PSP and personal computers including VAIO personal computers.

The cloud-based, digital music service gives music lovers streaming, commercial-free access at anytime and anywhere to an ever expanding catalogue of currently over seven million licensed tracks from major labels including Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, Warner Music Group and EMI Music as well as leading independent labels and major publishers worldwide.

The Android App is compatible with Sony Ericsson’s Android-based mobile devices including Xperia arc, Xperia PLAY, Xperia X10, Xperia X8, Xperia neo, as well as Android-based third party devices. You can download the App now from the Android Market.

To access the 180 day Basic Service free trial, log on to your PlayStation 3 system and click on the Music Unlimited service below the Music icon. Once the application has downloaded, follow the sign up instructions.

Xperia arc Music Unlimited

*180 day free trial available if:

• You are 18 or over
  • You own a Playstation 3 system
  • You do not currently hold or have not previously held a Music Unlimited subscription to the premium or basic plan
  • You are in a supported country/region (US)
  • Note: you will not be able to take advantage of the 180-day Subscription Free Trial on PS3 if you purchase other subscriptions.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Deathspear666 said:

June 15th, 11:35 am

I always passed on installing this on my PS3 but i just did and it is pretty good..It’s like Pandora minus the privacy issues and ads lol Only fail is i installed it on my R2D2 Droid 2 from the Android market(look under music apps/Just In) and installed it,turned it on then it logged it out of my PS3…Just too bad that if someone is at my house listening to it and i am out somewhere and i turn it on it will close the app on my PS3 lol Other than that good job :)

Deathspear666 said:

June 15th, 11:37 am

@KINGV84…The PS Vita will be released Dec.31st..You can already pre-order it at GameStop…

InfinitiProject said:

June 15th, 11:39 am

What happened with the Official PlayStaiton App for the iPhone here in the US? I’m still checking here and there on the AppStore in hopes of seeing and using it :(

KSPRAYDAD said:

June 15th, 11:49 am

@ Canadians,

It will be a LONG time before you see a music streaming service in Canada. Apples Music Match Cloud that was just announced….not available in Canada. Pandora…not available. Zune…not available etc etc. Google Music not available. Amazon Cloud not available. The industry dogs (CPCC) demands much too high of payments to make these services viable in the Canadian Market.

A very timely article in todays news might enlighten you more:
h ttp://www.thestar.com/printarticle/1006529

Ghost_Of_Gaming said:

June 15th, 11:59 am

And what do Canadians get in replacement? 2 more free games?

exterminator_123 said:

June 15th, 12:08 pm

if i have an metro pcs phone can i download it ???

KINGV84 said:

June 15th, 12:35 pm

@52 Deathspear, I am confident the date of 31st Dec is not the official date from Sony. This date is just a stand in till we get the official date from Sony.

FeistFan said:

June 15th, 12:39 pm

Wait a second…looking at the terms and conditions, it says if you’ve ever had an account this SIX MONTH free trial is not offered to you. Well, I tried it for the 30 days free when it was first announced — and sure enough, I loaded it back up on my PS3, and there’s no option to start the free trial.

Please tell me this is an oversight. I’d love to try this on my Android phone — but to not get the same SIX MONTH free trial as everyone else because I was foolish enough to try it when you first released it…that’s just sad. Not quite as sad as the people paying for it now, who will have to continue paying for the next six months that everyone else gets it for free, but still sad.

Or did I miss something in the terms, and the app just needs another update on my PS3 to let me sign up? Please tell me I’m missing something…!

Pixlz said:

June 15th, 12:53 pm

So, I was going to keep this service. I signed up on the 4th for the trial. Seeing as how I’m not eligible for a longer trial, I turned off automatic billing five minutes ago. I feel pretty screwed. Bad form sony.

ghall89 said:

June 15th, 12:58 pm

I’m not seeing the option for the free 6 months. :(

plaztiksyke said:

June 15th, 1:07 pm

has the audio quality been improved? I have 15mbit DSL here and my PandoraOne streams sounded much, much better.

MVivas said:

June 15th, 1:12 pm

Pass.
iPad user.

SgtRufus said:

June 15th, 1:18 pm

Honestly not getting the point of this service. Why would I pay a monthly subscription fee for this again? What does this do that free Pandora or even YouTube doesn’t? Not seeing the value yet…..

joebenclark said:

June 15th, 1:22 pm

You are given a “Basic Acount” which only gives you 30 seconds of any song you might be interested in. All the music you would never listen to is available.

ajayghosal said:

June 15th, 1:36 pm

when in canada ??

TrinityKnight93 said:

June 15th, 1:43 pm

Is it part of the trail for the song to play part way before going to the next song, because I am having this issue.

Dragonchasers said:

June 15th, 1:46 pm

Please let us move this 25 meg app to our SD cards, Sony!

Dracorius said:

June 15th, 2:01 pm

I think we have different licensing and distributing deals up in Canada. Which is why Sony is probably not offering it to us Canadians now. We will probably get something down the road, though.

D-Roca said:

June 15th, 2:05 pm

@Playstation Blog Team
where is the Official Playstation App for US costumers?

KillerDante said:

June 15th, 2:21 pm

=( no i had the premium for two months, sigh. Guess I am counted out /cries

FORMIK said:

June 15th, 2:36 pm

This is good news. I posted an idea in PS Blog.Share (still pending) about Music Unlimited phone apps. Maybe that’s why the idea never went through? At any rate, this looks like one more reason for Verizon users to get the Xperia Play, or at least subscribe to the service through if they have an Android phone.

Now, when’s the news that Music Unlimited will be offered for the HP phones and WebOS?

Haskell420 said:

June 15th, 3:35 pm

Lovely..really… i got it for PS plus…totally forgot about it, forgot to cancel it before the trial wore out.. and because of that, if I am reading this right, means I do NOT qualify to get that 6 monthfree deal??

lovely.. just lovely

TigerLust said:

June 15th, 3:41 pm

I have an iPhone and iPad. Release it for iOS and you get my subscription…

cquinteros said:

June 15th, 4:43 pm

I’m wondering if the 180 day free trial requires a credit card like the 30 day free trial.
Nevertheless, i’m looking forward to the Android version of this awesome service.

nateprokrasti said:

June 15th, 4:45 pm

Ok was able to get the 180 day trial but now the program wont load at all.

I already turned on and off the password requirement for purchases and it didn’t work either way.

So what’s the story here?

PatriotEyez27 said:

June 15th, 4:45 pm

This app is incompatible with your Rogers Wireless Sony Ericsson R800a.

Why? Xperia Play isn’t supported?

*sad face*

firstdougiefresh said:

June 15th, 5:07 pm

Mine is saying that a connection to the server could not be established…

Jimusmc5 said:

June 15th, 5:07 pm

Keeps timing out on connection.

sigh same stuff different program

Trigg said:

June 15th, 5:14 pm

PSP only users get left in the cold as usual. First the PS+ 30 days free then the Qriocity free trial.

LilRican said:

June 15th, 5:43 pm

not fair to the people who redeem the 30 day trial already. great now i got to make another acc.

MarkakaJin said:

June 15th, 5:55 pm

This is going to be my first time using this Qriocity and see what it’s all about.

Sony, now we need an official PS3 android app for PSN users who live in the U.S. region!

LilMMAD1015 said:

June 15th, 5:56 pm

what is this? this is obviously just the psp go with a phone added. i like my psp and iphone separate

MarkakaJin said:

June 15th, 5:57 pm

Oh my gosh would you look at this?!
I did uncheck the require password for checkout but then it says this:

A connection to the server could not be established.
Press the PS button to close this software.

focaldragonfly23 said:

June 15th, 6:09 pm

i just downloaded the 180 day trial but it say its over december 12 but wont 180 days be december 15

MadMeat001 said:

June 15th, 6:22 pm

People at sony, what the hell?!!??! WHY THE HELL IS EVERYTHING FROM YOU GUY’S ARE 10 YEARS AVAILABLE IN THE USA BEFORE ANY OTHER COUNTRY?? I MEAN! FOR THE SAKE OF GOD THAT PISSES ME OFF!! SERIOUSLY! ON THE PSP, IN CANADA, IN GERMANY WE GET NOTHING!!!!

KSPRAYDAD said:

June 15th, 8:21 pm

@ 76
@ Canadians,

I wrote this once and STILL you guys are on here complaining…please read. Sony is NOT going to bring this to Canada any time soon….blame the Canadian Recording Industry and Canadian Law that interprets that ‘copies’ need to pay licensing fees too….READ THE LINKED ARTICLE BELOW…there IS a reason there are NO streaming or cloud services in Canada…from ANYONE.

A very timely article in todays news might enlighten you more:
h ttp://www.thestar.com/printarticle/1006529

M_8_2_A_1_A said:

June 15th, 8:47 pm

pls someone answer me…tell me its really free unlimited like they say, not 30 second preview.

IPumpMyGun said:

June 15th, 9:19 pm

WTF WHY ISNT CANADA SUPPORTED. CANADA GETS THE SHAFT YET AGAIN

G-313 said:

June 16th, 10:09 pm

How long do we have until this offers is over?

butlersp said:

June 18th, 11:05 am

This is just great. My 80 gig PS3 just ROLD’d on me and this comes along plus I lose out on Plus service trial. Is there a “work around” if I you have a PSN account and a PS3 with no way to access the service?

FeistFan said:

June 18th, 7:41 pm

@87 – c’mon, this ain’t brain science. The 30-second limit is for when you have no membership at all. Both the memberships allow you to play full songs — the cheap one (which is what’s included in this 6-month free trial) just doesn’t let you pick and choose as much (closer to Pandora functionality).

General_Ike93 said:

June 19th, 6:29 pm

it tells me that it is not available in my region but i live in the US……. Houston Tx..

MadMeat001 said:

June 19th, 8:50 pm

So you want to expand your audience eh? WELL MAKE IT AVAILABLE TO CANADA GODDAMIT!!!

Helm_of_Darkness said:

June 21st, 4:08 pm

Really Playstation? You expect 30 seconds of every song will convince people to use Qriocity? It definitely doesn’t convince me. I would have been happier with 30 day trial with FULL songs! I thought you would do better than this Playstation…… seems I was wrong.

Helm_of_Darkness said:

June 21st, 4:09 pm

@M_8_2_A_1_A
Just tried it and it’s only 30 seconds for songs. It’s sad, i know.

PAGE 1 2