PS4 - Destiny

E3 Replay: Battlefield 3 for PS3

Eduardo Vasconcellos's Avatar + Posted by Eduardo Vasconcellos on Jun 16, 2011 // Community Manager, Bioware

DICE’s Battlefield 3 had an incredible showing at last week’s E3, racking up over 30 award nominations. But for many shooter fans, one question remained — “Where’s the console version?” Well, tonight those questions are answered as DICE’s own Johan Dohl stops by Late Night with Jimmy Fallon to give Jimmy the first hands on with Battlefield 3 for PS3. Be sure to set those TIVO’s, and for more information on Battlefield 3 be sure to watch our interview with Patrick Bach, Executive Producer on Battlefield 3 below.

One more thing! If you missed the news at PlayStation’s E3 2011 Press Conference, the PS3 version of Battlefield 3 will include the full version of Battlefield 1943 on the Blu-ray disc — an exclusive bonus just for PS3 owners.

PAGE 1 2

+ mrgerbik03 on June 16th, 2011 at 1:34 pm said:

Will this be new gameplay or will it be the same gameplay we say at E3?

+ Alyyse on June 16th, 2011 at 1:37 pm said:

cool

+ pDiizeru on June 16th, 2011 at 2:49 pm said:

im soooo excitedddd and i just cant hide ittt! woop woop!

+ KILLA_KING_007 on June 16th, 2011 at 2:53 pm said:

Please be better than MW3.

+ Stringer2355 on June 16th, 2011 at 3:02 pm said:

Will Battlefield 3 support 3D & Move/Sharpshooter ?

+ FonFahbre on June 16th, 2011 at 3:28 pm said:

I saw a dinosaur in there so it’s guaranteed to be epic!.

+ TheLostFlock on June 16th, 2011 at 3:48 pm said:

Any plans on releasing a collectors edition? If not then i’ll pre-order the limited edition ASAP!

+ dA_dRuNkEn_OnE_ on June 16th, 2011 at 6:27 pm said:

@50 its not Battlefield: Bad Company 3 its just Battlefield 3. This is the original series that was for pc and now its coming to console. :D gonna pre-order it. Sadly tho i have BF1943 so I guess i’ll give it to a friend so we can also play that together

+ namynos on June 16th, 2011 at 6:51 pm said:

@5 I ‘m with you Dude, plz give us sharpshooter support, Just like Micro$oft’s putting there money behind COD. sony should throw some money EA’s way to make BF better on PS3. It be a 1st day purchase if it was. i can’t go back to the controller. And i’m sure many more sharpshooter fan’s feel the same way.

+ McDouble872 on June 16th, 2011 at 7:45 pm said:

Can you guys please release a weapons list. i know the m4 and m249 were in the trailer. thanks!

+ sf49ersf on June 16th, 2011 at 8:14 pm said:

can”t wait for bf3 looks great, already pre ordered NO ZOMBIES

+ Peco12 on June 16th, 2011 at 8:15 pm said:

The tank footage looked awsome and graphics look outstanding in BF3, but I’m kinda choosing whether to buy MW3 or BF3, or get both, but I can’t wait to try the BF3 beta in September.

+ SHINSPIKES on June 16th, 2011 at 8:20 pm said:

You guys answered a question bout the MoH beta key for BF3? So that means its still gonna happen? I was worried. Thought dice and ea didn’t give a crap about us who bout it and just decided to do open beta for all. This better happen, I want my moneys worth. Cause MoH alone wasn’t worth the money.

+ DoTheKiller91 on June 16th, 2011 at 8:53 pm said:

I hope to see more weapons, like the Desert Eagle and the P90, those weapons would be great in BF3! Nice to see a campaing co-op aswell! Keep up the good works guys!

+ leukoplast on June 16th, 2011 at 10:19 pm said:

I just hope the tank controls are better in BF3 than they were in BC2. I never played BC2 online but I did play the single player, and I was astonished at how terrible the controls were when i played the level with the tank. By far the worst vehicle controls I have ever used in my 19 years of gaming.

Here’s a hint DICE, R2 = acceleration, L2 = reverse, L1 = machine gun and R1 = main battery. If you can get this right, BF3 might end up pretty good.

+ Butters360 on June 16th, 2011 at 11:06 pm said:

I sure hope that DICE enables the PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter for Battlefield 3. Every FPS on PS3 should be using it.

+ Mr_Escobar17 on June 17th, 2011 at 1:55 am said:

Come on I want Sharpshooter support I agree with the guy above me I wish every FPS on PS3 would be implementing it soon.

+ LilPres_ on June 17th, 2011 at 5:19 am said:

Here is the only reason im kinda worried about buying this wonderfull game on computer. Its not the money, its the hackers. Lets face it, every computer game in the world has hackers, expecially first person shooters. I waisted my money on bfbc2 PC version, simply because every other time i was in a server and got in the chopper, i would get sniped out of the cockpit while in motion, at least 5 times a round. There are good snipers out there, but 5 times in the same round? I dont think so. Hacks will be released in hack sites within the first week of the BETA for this game, and there is no stopping it. So consider that when spending 800 dollars for a computer that will run this game (on low graphics that is). But the graphics….are they worth the money? You decide.

+ Screwstone on June 17th, 2011 at 7:10 am said:

Nice! i cant wait for BF3..but i have a Question. How many friends can join me in a game? i know it is a four man squad, but can 8 friends simultaneously join a lobby with me? Separating us into 2 squads.

+ Buchi1324 on June 17th, 2011 at 8:40 am said:

i want the playstation shirt :)

+ xEternal_Killerx on June 21st, 2011 at 11:02 am said:

i have a question, how will 30fps on 720p effect the game?

+ ojoesinco on June 24th, 2011 at 11:05 am said:

looking forward to this game but but i want a good excuse on y the ps3 wont have 64 player online. i know the system can do it. i have MAG and that goes up to 256 players

+ Sarge435 on June 26th, 2011 at 4:01 pm said:

I have a suggestion for the game. Bring back the carrier from Battlefield 2. There should be a mode where you have to destroy the other teams carrier. it would be like the Titan mode in Battlefield 2142. You could board it and plant charges, bomb it from the air, shell it from a boat, or launch missiles from an island that the teams have to fight for. Please send a message to Sarge435 or post on this blog suggestions for the game.

PAGE 1 2