PS4 - Transistor

E3 Replay: Street Fighter X Tekken

Shawn Baxter's Avatar + Posted by Shawn Baxter on Jun 16, 2011 // Capcom

Street Fighter X Tekken (by the way, the “X” is pronounced “cross”) might just have been the busiest game of Capcom’s E3 booth. Street Fighter X Tekken has a little something for Street Fighter and Tekken fans alike. Our E3 build had playable characters including Ryu, Ken, Guile, Abel, Sagat, Cammy, and Chun-Li from Street Fighter as well as Kazuya, Nina, King, Marduk, Hwoarang, Julia and Bob from Tekken (with plenty more to be revealed soon!).

Street Fighter X Tekken for PS3 and PS Vita

Capcom’s own Wes Phillips swung by to do a live demo at PlayStation’s E3 livestream. Wes also discusses special guest Cole from inFAMOUS, our exclusive bonuses for the PS3 and PS Vita versions of Street Fighter X Tekken! During E3, top fighting pros and newcomers alike stormed our E3 booth for hours of furious fights, leading to tons of feedback. It’s a blast to jump right into Street Fighter X Tekken and start exploring, but the mechanics we’ve shown are far from complete. With each new build you can expect to see something different, from mechanics to characters.

Street Fighter X Tekken for PS3 and PS VitaStreet Fighter X Tekken for PS3 and PS Vita

Additionally, we made another announcement at E3 for you European fighters. We’re going to be running several fight clubs throughout Europe this summer, giving you a chance to get your hands on the newest builds of the game, meet the legendary team building it, and even stars from the fighting community.

We’ll be pumping out news on Capcom-Unity.com, so be on the lookout in the next few weeks!

43 Comments

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on June 16th, 2011 at 5:14 pm said:

TRADING MY SSF4 THIS DECEMBER!! I HOPE THEY HAVE EVIL RYU AND ONI AKUMA AS A SECRET CHARACTERS AND NOT ANOTHER 15 BUKS ADD ON >:/

+ fijski8 on June 16th, 2011 at 5:23 pm said:

Awesome! Another great interview! lol@ end of the world release date. XD.

Can we expect some Tomb Raider footage?

+ Darewind on June 16th, 2011 at 5:23 pm said:

Think I’ll wait for Super Street Fighter X Tekken Turbo.Shame capcom tries to microtransaction these games into oblivion.

+ fijski8 on June 16th, 2011 at 5:26 pm said:

They are changing that @3.

Look at the Street Fighter Arcade DLC.

O PLZ.. Capcom fix the costume packs for SF IV, I purchased a few and it will not let me buy the bundle. PLZ, PLZ…. fix that, or… have a sale on each costume pack.

thanks!

+ KazeEternal on June 16th, 2011 at 5:31 pm said:

I DEMAND JIN AND ASUKA KAZAMA!

+ materclobber on June 16th, 2011 at 5:34 pm said:

this seems cool but not my type of game. i like racing and actions/adventure games like NFS and infamous.anyways i have a questions:
How many e3 replays are left?
and speaking of need for speed, are there any other updates on need for speed run?

+ materclobber on June 16th, 2011 at 5:35 pm said:

how much will this cost?

+ GreyLynx on June 16th, 2011 at 5:37 pm said:

@Darewind unlike their normal fighting games they don’t usually do “Super” “Hyper fighting” versions of their VS games, mainly due to the fact that you now have to to re-license all of the other companies characters for use since it is a new product even if it’s just an updated one. Anyway there’s no real Microtransactions with capcom fighters, if you’re talking about costumes, those were made after the fact and don’t effect game play, if you’re talking about fighters the only one that’s charged for characters is MVC3 (SF4:Arcade Edition adds alot more then 4 more characters such a balance tweaks and a few options)..

+ karl-brasil on June 16th, 2011 at 5:40 pm said:

Both of my thumbs up for @Darewind comment!!!

+ GreyLynx on June 16th, 2011 at 5:42 pm said:

materclobber the pricing for Vita games is up in the air but this will be 60 dollars and damn worth it with the rate they’re doing reveals

+ irabirdy on June 16th, 2011 at 5:42 pm said:

That is really awesome which means I must get it! 赞!

+ GreyLynx on June 16th, 2011 at 5:48 pm said:

Now I’m waiting for TekkenXStreet fighter (who’s being made by the nomral Tekken team and will be in the style of Tekken)

+ Trigg on June 16th, 2011 at 5:50 pm said:

When will Arcade Edition be on disc?

+ And89LB on June 16th, 2011 at 6:03 pm said:

HEY!! my last names Baxter too does that mean where related ha! cause if so hook a brother out with a job or an internship hahaha! JK-(not really, kinda sorta actually SERIOUS!)
Anyway awesome footage cant wait to play the game I’ve been playing Street Fighter for over 14 years since I was kid going to the laundromats and Ive been playing Tekken since the original PlayStation Im definitely a big fan of both and to see them combined is amazing plus its gonna be on the best handheld ever made! the PS Vita! ONLY Sony PlayStation could bring such a handheld into Existence thanks Sony and Capcom!

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on June 16th, 2011 at 6:05 pm said:

WTF! I THOUGH I WAS GOING TO SEE COLE KICK SOME A$$!! >:/ OH WELL..IM ALSO GUESSING THAT SINCE THIS IS A SF GAME THERE WILL BE NO AIR BLOCKS ..BUMMER…

+ trapper12 on June 16th, 2011 at 6:21 pm said:

Can’t wait for this to come out, especially the PSV, but do you have to buy 2 versions of the same game for both the PS3 and Vita or just one from either version in order to play cross platform online?

+ Alabama_King334 on June 16th, 2011 at 7:06 pm said:

man xbox 360 get the new map pack before us thats bul man -_- f** u microsoft

+ Peco12 on June 16th, 2011 at 7:24 pm said:

As a fighting game fan, I believe that this game looks amazing by looking at the footage, but I’ll probably be thinking of waiting to see footage of the Tekken version, which is Tekken X Street Fighter before I might get this version

+ Peco12 on June 16th, 2011 at 7:25 pm said:

Also I would like to see Capcom X Bandai/Namco game

+ TheSecond- on June 16th, 2011 at 7:27 pm said:

Please add Baek Doo San :)

::crosses finger::

+ Avalanche on June 16th, 2011 at 8:31 pm said:

Adon please :-(

+ NINTENDO2000 on June 16th, 2011 at 8:38 pm said:

why does it say Network Error The connectoin to the server was lost X80710016 when i try to play playstation home sony please respond or someone any one please help me.

+ Dapain07 on June 16th, 2011 at 9:22 pm said:

The welcome back package sucks. If you don’t have enough room on your ps3 and try and download a game it just says you can’t and cancels the offer of a free game.

+ pelagato24 on June 16th, 2011 at 9:35 pm said:

No Asuka, no buy x)

+ TallCrowe on June 16th, 2011 at 11:28 pm said:

This game hurts my brain.

+ pitythefool852 on June 16th, 2011 at 11:57 pm said:

This may have been covered before, but is SFXT going to have cross-play with PS Vita?

If so, that’d be amazing.

+ BuchNasty on June 17th, 2011 at 12:00 am said:

That’s really awesome how namco bandai and capcom have this “handshake deal” where they don’t have to worry about lawsuits and junk. More fighter companies should do that. Like arc systems and NIS( even though they aren’t really a fighter game company). Also it would be really nice is if we buy this on the ps3 and we have a vita then we don’t have to buy the game on the vita considering it is most likely going to be the same exact game but maybe have 2 trophy sets? I can understand with LBP since it will be a different game but if it is going to be a port like this then it’d be great if i could just play it for free on my vita when i leave the house. I believe that’s what they’re doing with ruin which looks pretty good so far.

+ XMaRk5Da1Sp0T1 on June 17th, 2011 at 3:02 am said:

lol a dream come true I will be looking foward to this.

+ digitalman123 on June 17th, 2011 at 7:51 am said:

Can we see some Cole gameplay?

+ mgsnull617 on June 17th, 2011 at 8:42 am said:

Will tekken fighters have super combos? Im confused what game engine will this run on tekken or SF?

+ mgsnull617 on June 17th, 2011 at 9:26 am said:

@ BuchNasty
you have high hopes for this vita do you think its capable to actually play ps3 games?
If its anything like the old psp I used to own then forget it….Im done playing watered-down games when I already own a far superior home system

+ J-breezie09 on June 17th, 2011 at 10:03 am said:

as long as yun, yang, and jin kazama make the roster the game shuld be perfect for me…

+ FonzoEscobar on June 17th, 2011 at 12:38 pm said:

I wanna see Fei Long vs. Law!!! and some Cole gameplay

+ D-Squad3 on June 17th, 2011 at 1:19 pm said:

Why is Cole so buff? And does this mean X Platform PS3 vs Vita users?!! That would make sense since it is a X game and it would be freaking awesome!!! And Gouken better be in it or I will hesitate to get it.

+ DoctorEvil98 on June 17th, 2011 at 2:09 pm said:

is that Cole McGrath from infamous I saw?

+ SLOW-RAF on June 17th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

COLE+SFxT=EPICNESS

+ Ja7red on June 17th, 2011 at 2:25 pm said:

My fav crossover teams would be Zangief and King, Law and Fei Long, Heihachi and Akuma, and Cody and Brian Fury. Please make it happen.

+ aznplayr14 on June 17th, 2011 at 2:32 pm said:

DAMN WHY CANT COLE LOOKS LIKE THAT IN INFAMOUS 2…. HE’S LIKE HULK WITH LIGHTNING…LOL

+ siavm on June 17th, 2011 at 2:58 pm said:

Nice interview. I want this game. I love tekken and I getting back into street fighter. Hopefully this plays right for the tekken side.

+ Vishis765 on June 18th, 2011 at 9:50 am said:

man i cant wait. Tekken characters only if Yun and Yang aren’t on there. I want Tekken Tag 2 more right now. but im still hype. and will people stop asking how Tekken characters get around fireballs. Jumps, wave dashes, and counters PEOPLE

+ okiwa002 on June 19th, 2011 at 9:09 am said:

I am so looking forward to this on PSV… I want SF4 as well (I hope it is an offering!) I also want to see Tekken on there as well on the Namco side. #Awesome

+ monstadreadhead on June 19th, 2011 at 9:58 am said:

I’m not sold on this game. I’ve been playing SF since SNES and Tekken since PS1 and I dont see the xross over of these two games working. I feel this is going to end up as a fail like MK vs DC.

+ jpvato00 on June 19th, 2011 at 12:57 pm said:

Capcom likes to create unique modes for their games, just look what they did with the 3DS. I really hope they make a mode where you can play SF x T with AR technology. Or Capcom makes a new fighting game with AR tech.